Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 39 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 49 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 48 49
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

The otyugh had made a sprawling nest for itself. It'll take more time to search but at least at first glance it doesn't look like a charnel pit of lost nobles.

Arus climbs out, looks around, noting everyone's position, then moves in carefully towards Davroar.

"Davroar," he says, "I'm coming to thee."

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He hears Arus now, but still no one has appeared. These voices are tricky and if he sees any sort of tentacled or fish-looking head it is going to get a face full of a flaming sphere.
Trembling more with anxiety than the cold sewage seeping into his furs, he is ready.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
After Jaliera killed one of the amphibian creatures, the other investigators move up and Arus calls out to Davroar that help is on the way. Sindar has been keeping a keen eye open and sees one fleeing, before it disappears into the darkness at the far end of the channel, some 40-50 feet ahead. Zhu also see it.

OK Zeim, Zhu get to use her readied action. Sindar and Arus used their moves and didn't ready an action.

No matter what the outcome, the initiative order will end after I resolve Zhu's reaction.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Spotting the movement of another Kuo-toa in the distance she fires her readied Bolt of Fire at it.

Fire Bolt
Melee Spell Attack: 24 to hit
Hit: 20 fire damage

(OOC - Note not going to try to take advantage and will use the same Cantrip as she has before. Given a regular, ie - not readied, action she might have chosen a different spell to use.)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
Zhu's fire bolt strikes and kills the Kuo-tao before it escapes.
OOC: I would have not let you use another spell as did not change your readied declaration. It didn't matter.

OK. You may ALL act. all seems quiet.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - The plusses and minuses of readied actions. You get to go anytime in the round, but you lose flexibility. Given a choice I'd have used Web to try to get a prisoner to question.)

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Still cautious, she continues to head for the flaming sphere knowing that Davroar was there.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Walking slowly, and carefully, Jaliera makes it to the edge of the drainpipe where Davroar is.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She peers over the edge, keeping her distance from the sphere.

"You OK Davroar? Need help to get out? I think those creatures have gone now."

She does look worried.

M
M
<Bern>

Since Jaleria seemed to have things in hand with Davroar, he continued to do his best to keep an eye out for new threats.

MikeD
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Seeing Jaliera's pretty face he moves his flame sphere to the opposite side of where she is and replies, "Jaliera! Thank the Gods your safe. I was hearing all these voices, but no one appeared until you."

He slaps the shafts wall with this right hand and adds, "These walls are slick. I'll need rope to get out. The others, is everyone good too?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

With Kriv's staff illuminating nearby, Jaliera can see that indeed, the sides of the deep shaft is slick. On the flat surface above it is like walking on ice. Of course the sides of the shaft are too slippery to climb.

Bern is standing guard with his bow at the ready.

It occurs to Arus that perhaps now that combat is over it might be a better opportunity to search the tentacled sewer monster's lair.

And where did those amphibious bipeds escape to? Last seen they disappeared into the darkness beyond. There was a mission to accomplish and the only thing accomplished so far is nearly getting killed.

ooc: I'll need rolls for whatever you are doing. Perception for any searches, investigation if you're trying to figure things out, strength to pull Davroar up (and if you weigh less than Davroar, remember how slick the ground is up top. Do you pull him up or do you get pulled down? Maybe a knowledge roll to name the monsters you fought?

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She leaves the physical straining to others stronger than she is. In the meantime she keeps watch and peruses her memory regarding the several different enemies they've just encountered to see if she can recall anything important.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Zhu saw the opponents but she will need a closeup view to make a determination. She will need to make a history roll for both. DC 20/23/25. Various degrees for various knowledge about them. 20 to identify them by name and basic info. 23 to know something about their history in the world. 25 to know abilities and more in-depth knowledge about them. A nature roll, by someone proficient, with a 20 DC will yield some answers too.

Last edited by Neptune; Sat 06/11/21 22:03 UTC. Reason: Added nature as a skill to use.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Also the Oozes. She saw those close up.)

Zhu History Roll = 15.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: That was for the kuo-toa. You need a separate roll for each critter. For the tentacled monstrosity, I would want an arcana roll. A nature roll is needed for the oozes. All of these rolls need a minimum DC of 20.

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
[ooc: is it possible for Davroar to have a short rest in his current location? If possible then he could change into a small creature with good climbing skill going up a rope instead of dealing with the slick walls of the shaft. ]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: It is always possible. You just need to have others wait and stand guard.

BTW, please give me a constitution saving throw for Davroar

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He arrives at the sump and sheathes his sword, peering down at Davroar.

"Needeth a lift?" Arus asks, untying his coil from his pack.

He finds a dead kuo-toa to tie onto and act as a counterweight. Then the triton can plant a foot on the corpse, thread the rope across his shoulders and act as a fulcrum for Davroar.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She smiles at Arus.

"That is a timely arrival Arus, thank you."

She watches his preparations deciding that he probably doesn't need any help, at least from her. Little & large. She smiles to herself, relieved now that she knows Davroar is OK.

She looks over again at him.

"Arus is preparing a rope to help you out. I was worried about you too but your sphere told me you were still with us."

Much as she hates fire, she now has almost a fondness for that sphere.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He grabs the end of the rope lowered down to him. "Thanks! I got it. Give me a moment..." He loops the rope under his arms as high as he can making sure that if he does slip he will not hit the bottom of the shaft.

Davroar will then start to haul himself up.

Davroar STR check climbing up shaft using rope
Dugan rolled 1d20 and got 11 (not sure if this is enough?)

Davroar CON check
Dugan rolled 1d20+3 and got 19

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He gives Jaliera an urbane nod and smile.

"We can't leave him so down in the dumps." Arus says, then tenses and grunts when Davroar starts to climb.

"Are you still in bear form, Davroar!?" He calls down to the druid.

M
M
<Bern>

"I am still wondering why he didn't just change into something that could fly out", he said with a chuckle in response to Arus' 'jibe'.

MikeD

MikeD
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He lets out a short laugh at Arus comment, but manages to say between exertions, "No, nope. Just my fur armour has soaked up a lot of water..."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Jaliera grins as the others tease Davroar. Nothing can dampen her spirits right now.

Page 25 of 49 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
nem
nem
GMT 0
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,855
Posts141,417
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy