Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Angrboða, Zeim), 60 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 49 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 48 49
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Reaching for his knife, Davroar uses it as he puts his strength against the links of the net. Luckily he does not have too much trouble in getting out of it.
Still completely in the dark, he will reach out looking to find the side of the shaft and then feel if there is any rungs to help him climb out.

Davroar STR check with advantage
Dugan rolled 1d20,1d20 and got 20, 8

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Davroar rips through the net with the help of his knife and finds himself knee high in water. It is pitch dark in the hole, which is a drainage pipe. He reaches out to touch the walls and he runs his hands around to feel for any hand hold. The walls are slippery and to his dismay, there are none at all. He does feel smaller holes (apx 3 mm or 1/8" ) at about water level all around the perimeter. It seems this is a drainage pipe.

OOC: Waiting on Sindar

-Nep
Chaotic Obfuscator
Online Content
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

[OOC: So nothing is really visible as far as a target in Sindar's vision range correct?]

Sindar moves out and looks for foes. Something was attacking his friends and likely can see in the darkness down here. He won't make his friends targets by putting a light source out there yet, but he moves forward to see what he can see. If he spots a foe he will launch an Eldritch Blast at it.

12 he moves his 30 and stays on his feet.
Sindar Slippery Floors save
Pandemonium rolled 1d20+3 and got 12

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Incorrect. Sindar CAN see. Once he moves up, he sees Whisper fluttering in the air, Jaliera has just run past him and two strange, amphibious looking humanoids. One is 65' away on a walkway and is looking at Sindar directly. The other is standing about 90 feet away and he looks up and turns his sight towards Sindar too. Sindar still has his action and perhaps a bonus action.

Oh, for the rest of you, consider the following: If you don't have darkvision, you are blind right now. You know that your opponent sees you, lit coin or not. I guess if you're trying to hide, like a thief, that's one thing. However....

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Neptune; Sun 05/09/21 05:05 UTC.

-Nep
Chaotic Obfuscator
Online Content
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

Seeing a nearby foe, the half-elf let loose a twin blast of green Eldritch fire at one of the creatures.

13 and 22 to hit, 2 and 2 damage respectively.
2021-09-05 20:12:51
Sindar Eldritch Blast
Pandemonium rolled 1d10,1d10 and got 2, 2
2021-09-05 20:12:37
Sindar Eldritch Blast
Pandemonium rolled 1d20+7,1d20+7 and got 13, 22

The Roll20 map didn't have the foes. smile

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Twin bolts of eldritch energy shoot from Sindar's fingertips towards the nearest hostile kuo-tau. It seems to wince in pain.

OOC: How strange? That's a screen shot from the player's view! Hmmm. Let me know if you still cannot see the tokens.

Bern is up.

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

"Lets go guys", he called into the room. "We got hostiles out here!" He turned and moved to rejoin the others and the fight.

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Where's Bern moving to on his turn? I marked locations on the map below. Remember that to not make a saving throw on his movement, he moves "3", half speed. He cannot end his turn in Zhu's spot so he could only end up behind her on a normal move (a move of 2). From there he can't even take a shot in the dark.

[Linked Image]

Also, remember that Bern has a stealth of +6. He's proficient at that. The difference between him and Jaliera is that Jaliera can use stealth as a bonus action. Bern has to use it as a regular action. He can hide behind Zhu (and take ribbing for hiding behind an elf for the rest of his days!)

It's Kriv's turn and unless he does something unexpected, I think Arus can go too. Remember that to move your full move requires a dex save.

Last edited by Neptune; Mon 06/09/21 17:42 UTC.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
(OOC - What is the DC for an Athletics roll to jump over the sewer water to the other side?)

M
M
[[ Is it a Dex save ... or something else to move to 6? Assuming Dex ... Bern move on slippery surface MikeD rolled d20+3 and got 13. Otherwise, adjust as needed ]]

MikeD
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
MikeD - I think it is a DC10 Dex check so you should be good.

M
M
[[ Yay!! <g> ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: DC 10 dex check. Bern can move 6. I assume he moves to #6. He now gets his action (calling out is free). He can:
1) Attack with disadvantage
2) Move an additional 6 (I won't make you roll again).
3) Any other action. Hide, take a potion, ready an action or do something similar. For "ready an action" it could be "As soon as I see an enemy target, I fire".
Long Jump. When you make a Long Jump, you cover a number of feet up to your Strength score if you move at least 10 feet on foot immediately before the jump. When you make a standing Long Jump, you can leap only half that distance. Either way, each foot you clear on the jump costs a foot of Movement.

This rule assumes that the height of your jump doesn’t matter, such as a jump across a stream or chasm. At your GM’s option, you must succeed on a DC 10 Strength (Athletics) check to clear a low obstacle (no taller than a quarter of the jump’s distance), such as a hedge or low wall. Otherwise, you hit it.

When you land in Difficult Terrain, you must succeed on a DC 10 Dexterity (Acrobatics) check to land on your feet. Otherwise, you land prone.

Yes, you are jumping in difficult terrain and you would need 2 dex checks. One for the run (or you slide right into that water) and the second for the landing.

AJ asked a question in Roll20. Here it is with my reply:
(From AJ): Quick question, does the slippery floor apply to the control room, and if it does, would Kriv be able to get advantage from bracing between the walls of the passage back to the sewer?
Neptune (GM):Yes it does. Bracing between wall would be a way of describing why it takes you twice as long to move and not slip. It would be "moving cautiously"

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[I do not fricking believe it! grrr Dex save to move full speed and I roll a bloody natural 20!! It couldn't have waited until I needed a hit roll?

So "Yay!" I move to square no. 2... thanks natural 20, couldn't have done it without you!]

Last edited by nem; Mon 06/09/21 18:07 UTC.
M
M
[[ Bern will move across the bridge to the corner 'across' from '5' and 'survey' the situation. If there is an obvious 'target' ... and he has time to fire, he will <g> Lemme know if you want a roll ... or do it for me <g> ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Since Kriv goes first, and Arus next, Kriv has claim to that same spot, if he desires. I say that because Kriv has light and he has range attacks and because that spot, the one marked with a "2" is the first spot they can use to actually get a range attack on the Kuo-tao. Note that Kriv's light spell cast onto Glasstaff sheds light up to 40' and the nearest target would still be in darkness. We can assume that both Arus and Kriv, both trained in combat, would know these parameters and constraints as they took their actions.

For Bern, I apologize. He uses a double move to get to the other side. He doesn't have an action

-Nep
M
M
[[ no worries ... I didn't expect one <wink> ]]

MikeD
AJ Offline
Kriv

Kriv Dex saving throw
AJ rolled 1d20+1 and got 9
Bardic inspiration expended, DC10 met regardless of roll.

Kriv advanced boldly, almost slipping but translating surety of purpose to surety of footing. As he had before in the mines of Phandelver, he hurled the illuminating glasstaff forwards to deny their foes the darkness.

Action: Kriv intends to throw the glasstaff to the edge of its present illumination (About where Whisper is)
Item interaction: Withdraw the illuminated coin and place it somewhere visible on Kriv's person.
Bonus action: Recall Kriv's maul to hand.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[If Arus can double move, he'll continue straight into a Long Jump across the water, heading for that bridge next to Whisper.

For his landing check, he'll use Inspiration. Succeeds with an 11 total.]

Arus

The triton is used to dark, slippery grottos so the sewers aren't completely alien to him. He's even used to the smells from his days working along the river.

With the oozes eradicated, Arus charges to the aid of Davroar, drawn by the sound Kuo-tua gibbering.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: AJ, that is a surprising move. The radiance from coin and staff is the same since it was a light spell cast on it. 20 bright/40 dim. Ever play Cornhole? I'm handling the throw, whatever you throw, with a bit of randomness if you miss. Roll to hit AC 10 for your throw (add dex mod) and if you miss, roll 1d8. Going clockwise, with 1 being the most NE corner, the object that you throw lands there instead. To be clear:
Code
7 8 1
6   2
5 4 3

Yes, you may adjust your move. Also, with Arus doing a double move, you can adjust your move. And on Roll20 I placed a "staff", with a light aura enabled, for you to move to show me where you're aiming.

-Nep
AJ Offline
Kriv

Kriv Light the way (+3 if proficiency counts)
AJ rolled 1d20+1 and got 20

The Dragonborn's aim was impeccable, sticking the landing perfectly.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Nice! The Roll20 page has been updated with Dynamic lighting. I think (hope) all of you can see there what you can see in the sewers. Davroar should be able to see zilch right now since he's at the bottom of a dark pit. I am curious as to what you each see, because I typically don't use dynamic lighting in my live games. Did Kriv throw Glasstaff? Or the coin. I don't understand why he wouldn't have thrown the coin instead. The bad guys go now...

DM
Not much seems to happen. One Kuo-tao, a spellcaster who only Arus and Zhu can see through the darkness, causes fire to rain down on Arus. After the spellcaster does that he yells calls out something before submerging and (because of obstructions and etc) disappears from view. Another Kuo-tao, one that was further away, starts running down the walkway. You can all see him because of the shimmering nimbus that outlines his form. He has taken a double move, ending with him diving into the water and taking cover under the footbridge opposite the one some of you are on.

Were it not for his astounding perception, it's unlikely that Arus would see what he saw. But as he was trying to dive out of the way of the scorching flames, he sees one Kuo-tao at the far length of his vision, poke his head out of the water to look back before diving back in and swimming into the darkness beyond. Another one is standing, far away (85') over a hole, or a grate in the platform, looking down into it.

OOC: Sacred Flame vs Arus. Make a DC 10 Dex saving throw or take 4 points of damage.
KTW-2 Sacred Flame Neptune rolled 1d8 and got 4 damage.

OOC: If any of you want to target the Kuo-tao that charged forward, it's a DC 8 perception check (-2 for the shimmering nimbus) with disadvantage to see and target him. Then..
[quote]When making a me1ee weapon attack, a creature that doesn't have a swimming speed (either natural or granted by magic) has disadvantage on the attack roll unless the weapon is a dagger, javelin, shortsword, spear, or trident.
A ranged weapon attack automatically misses a target beyond the weapon's normal range. Even against a target within normal range, the attack roll has disadvantage unless the weapon is a crossbow, a net, or a weapon that is thrown like a javelin (including a spear, trident, or dart).
Creatures and objects that are fully immersed in water have resistance to fire damage.[quote]

I've gotta skiddadle so there isn't time for a map at the moment. I'll get to it when I can. Go to Roll20 to see what you need to see.

Zhu is up. I need Arus's saving throw.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Continuing to move up carefully, she targets the only foe she can see (I believe she can only see KT-2). She also uses one Sorcery point to gain Resistance to Fire Damage.

(OOC - She is 90 feet away from KT-2. Not sure if she can see it or not. If not she can use Fey Step as a Bonus Action to get to 60 feet where she can definitely see it. Let me know and I will move her on the map.)

Fire Bolt
Cantrip (as 0) evocation
Melee Spell Attack: 15 to hit KT-2 AC 13
Hit: 23 fire damage

Last edited by Zeim; Wed 08/09/21 23:39 UTC.
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc: Zhu does not have to move. She kills KT-2. You can move

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Arus rolled 21 total on his Dex save.]

Page 18 of 49 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
eclaasse
eclaasse
North Carolina
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts141,033
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy