Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 43 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 49 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 48 49
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu also has Darkvision so she can see some of the Kua-toa. She also is going to "Ready" and action for when the hidden ones pop up from the water.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC Nep you mentioned that Sindar can see some. Does he need some light IE low light or dark vision?]

M
M
[[ got it ... I think <g> Thanks ]]

Bern

He was reluctant to pull out the coin. It would certainly make him more of a target. He listened, and it sounded like all the foes were a bit off, So he needed to move ... carefully. The ledge was slick, so he would have to make sure of his footing.

MikeD
Neptune Online Content OP
OP Online Content
OOC: Half-elves have darkvision smile
Darkvision: Thanks to your elf blood, you have superior vision in dark and dim Conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only Shades of Gray.

As for Bern, I assume he's backing up, out of range, and using the coin to move and then, when he thinks he's out of harms way, puts it away and join those coming from the control room. You all can come up with a strategy for upcoming round.

I know Gypsy's away. I need to wait for her to place Jaliera for the next round.

BTW, a full day of FTF for me tomorrow.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Yes that does make sense. She'll do that! smile ]

Jaliera Hide
Gypsy rolled 1d20+10 and got 11

Rubbish!

OP Online Content
OOC: I moved Jaliera.
Zeim, how does Zhu know about any of the hidden Kuo-Tao? Jaliera is not there to tell her and Bern saw nothing so he can't tell her. From where she is she sees two Kuo-Tao out in the open. I'll give Kriv and Arus a chance to reposition themselves if they like.

-Nep
AJ Offline
OOC: Oh, I plan to do more than just have Kriv reposition.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Didn't say she did. It's not her turn. I said she was planning to ready an action, not that she WAS readying an action. When she goes, if the Kuo-toa have not performed their pop-up and hide routine yet, she will attack the ones in the open. Once she does see them pop up out of the water she will likely start readying actions.

OP Online Content
DM

The grey oozes lay splattered and dead in the control room. Sindar and Zhu rushed out of the room as soon as they could to go aid the three humans outside. Arus and Kriv remained behind. They moved passed Bern, who was moving back along the wall, stepping carefully, hoping to get out of the range of the assailants that had hurled spells and javelins in his direction.

Cleaning up last round, in round 2, Jaliera rolled a 12 save vs the sacred flame but the bane spell made that a fail. She took 7 pts damage.
DM Bane impact on Jaliera save for sacred flam Neptune rolled 1d4 and got 4.
For those that moved at the end of last round, I'll let you back up half way or make your dex save as per this:
Floors. All surfaces are grimy and slippery. A creature moving on these surfaces must succeed on a DC 10 Dexterity saving throw or fall prone at the end of their movement, unless they move at half their move speed.
That includes Jaliera as part of her 2nd round movement.

Jaliera rushed to get to the other side and tried to hide which she failed to do. Through Whisper's eyes she sees that they see her. She also becomes astutely aware that the amphibious creatures noticed Whisper. One of the spell casters rains fire down on Jaliera again Another dex save, DC 10. You should roll 1d20+7,1d4 where the 1d4 is subtracted from the first roll as a result of the bane. (I'll let you do this so you can act and because my dice hand is very hot and you're in enough trouble as is!) KTW-2 Sacred Flame Neptune rolled 1d8 and got 5. If Jaliera's final roll is 9 or less, she takes 5 points of damage. If it's 10 or better, it misses and she takes no damage.

The other spellcaster (KTW-1) heads away from the party, climbing up onto the walkway and running to the far end before diving back under water. It seems determined to head that way but it has disappeared from sight, and is now under water.

The kuo-tao that had captured Davroar (KT-2) climbs out of the water up onto the landing on the other side of the far canal. He holds the squirming snake over to a large drain pipe in that floor, raises the net and the snake over his head and slams it onto wall of the drain pipe. The blow is enough for the snake to be killed, but to the surprise of the amphibian, it transforms into a man instead. Whether it was the sudden added weight or the Kuo-tao's intention all along, Davroar falls 30 feet down to the bottom of the pipe. He lies there, prone, hurt and entagled in the net. The kuo-tao looks into the hole and says something in a strange language. He seems to be snickering. He steps back from the pipe.

Kuo-Tao#2 Slams snake to the ground(advantage),Improvised weapon Neptune rolled 1d20+1,1d20+1,1d4+1 and got 19, 9, 4. It hits and does 4 points of damage to the poisonous snake. Poisonous snakes have 2 hit points. 2 points transfer to Davroar. Davroar takes falling damage Neptune rolled 3d6 and got 13. So that's a total of 15 on Davroar.
Restrained A restrained creature’s speed becomes 0, and it can’t benefit from any bonus to its speed. Attack rolls against the creature have advantage, and the creature’s Attack rolls have disadvantage. The creature has disadvantage on Dexterity Saving Throws.

The kuo-tao (KT-3) that was at the far (east/right) end of the room, moves across the walkway (west/left) and as he does, he throws a spear at the first person to arrive and help their friends, Zhu.
KT-3 Hurls spear at Zhu, long distance, dam Neptune rolled 1d20-2,1d6+1 and got 17, 7. I really need to go to Vegas!

Several of the Kuo-tao as well as the Otyugh have gone under water and are out of sight. Only Davroar and Jaliera even know that any of them are there. The big red starts are where you might guess they are.

Status at the end of round 2, back to the top as we start round 3
Code
Char    Init  Dam  Conditions Rd 3 actions
Code
Zhu      26    7                        
Jaliera  19    7     ! +                       
Davroar  12   15     + #
Sindar   12    7     +                   
Bern     10    4     ! +        
Kriv      9    7     @ +                   
Arus      8   13     @                      
KT Whip   8
 KTW-1                        Swam north           
 KTW-2                        Cast sacred flame, swam 
Kuo-Tao   7
 KT-1                         under water
 KT-2                                    
 KT-3                                    
 KT-4                                    
Otyugh    6                              

+ Has +1d4 bardic inspriation.
@ Has +3 protection from Arus
! Has -1d4 bane (8 more rounds)
# Restrained in net at he bottom of a drainpipe.

It's Zhu's turn. Top of the initiative order. Jaliera's on-deck (is that an American idiom?)

[Linked Image]

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - OK, so I moved Zhu back 3 spaces to account for 1/2 movement. From the way the map looks, it seems that she would avoid the spear attack as she would be in the hallway leading out of the room instead of on the walkway? At worst she should have 1/2 cover for the corner wall she is now behind.)

Last edited by Zeim; Sun 29/08/21 22:28 UTC.
OP Online Content
OOC: It would, but it just means they focus fire on Jaliera. So the damage will just slide over to her. She's down 14pts and Zhu is unharmed. Zhu goes.

-Nep
AJ Offline
(OOC: Did Kriv's turn after the teams got merged get skipped?)

OP Online Content
OOC: Nope. I simply allowed those who attacked in the oozes to move out of the room. Zhu goes at the top of the round because of her initiative. The Kuo-tao go at the end of the round, after Kriv. You and Arus can, if you like. But it is as part of your round 2 action.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Stepping carefully out onto the ledge (only moving 15 feet), she sees Jaliera and Whisper and a single creature she identifies as a Kuo-toa. She is certain there are more of them, but for now she can only see the one so she fires a Cold Cantrip at it.

Frostbite
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous
You cause numbing frost to form on one creature that you can see within range. The target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, the target takes 2d6 cold damage, and it has disadvantage on the next weapon attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn.
DC 15 Constitution saving throw
Saving throw failure:
cold damage and Disadvantage

Last edited by Zeim; Mon 30/08/21 14:58 UTC.
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC I'm a little confused as I seem to have missed a round where Jaliera got hit. The first attack she made her saves. If she has taken a fire attack, she will now be running. She is terrified of fire. wink ]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Neptune transferred the attack/damage from Zhu to Jaliera. When he posted we couldn't move normal rate because of the slippery floor it placed Zhu back inside the room so the Kuo-toa had no other target then Jaliera for it's Javelin attack. The other damage was from the Fire attack. I believe they happened at the same time.)

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar Dex Save slippery floors
Pandemonium rolled 1d20+3 and got 10

OP Online Content
KT#3 Con save vs cold
Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 17

Sindar made his dex save and move 30'

Gypsy, Zeim is correct. The Kuo-tao went at the end of the round. With Zhu not coming into range they targeted Jaliera. You will be able to "react" on your turn.
Which BTW, is now.

And if she runs, she better give me that DC 10 dex save and roll the 1d4 to go along with that for the Bane. If you fail, we'll see if you tumble into the water.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Does she still have bardic inspiration?

Jaliera Dex save, bane
Gypsy rolled 1d20+7,1d4 and got 24, 2

Rubbish at hiding, good at running grin She legs it!

OP Online Content
Yes she does. That's what the plus sign in the status line means. smile

Now I need your full action. Action, move, bonus action. If you are doing a double move, you forego your action (your action becomes a "dash"). Please move your token on Roll20. The link to Roll20, in case you need it.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Done - double move directly away.

OP Online Content
OOC: My mistake, no effect. Since you are using your action to "see" through Whisper's eyes, she can't use her action to move. However, as a rogue, she can use the dash as a bonus action instead of her hide. Are you moving the next obvious target for the Kuo-Tao, Whisper? The Kuo-tao has a spear aimed at her (I gave a previous warning but it might have gotten lost behind a dozen posts).

Davroar goes. And since I doubt much he'll be able to do will either be seen or affect anyone else, Sindar and Bern go. In that order. There still is no light, but Sindar has darkvision.

Gypsy, see PM

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He is too stunned to make a sound as he was not expecting to be smashed against the inside wall of a shaft and falling down it. Now hurt fairly bad, he lies at the bottom of the shaft struggling to keep silent against the pain as he slowly regains his senses. He will then take the time to assess his situation. Being completely in the dark, he has no idea just how far he has fallen. Instead he will try to reach for one of his knives at his belt in the hopes in cutting himself free of the net.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Jaliera Wis save, bane
Gypsy rolled 1d20+2,1d4 and got 9, 3

Fail

Jaliera will cower in fear but recall Whisper if she can.

OP Online Content
OOC: Two things. I worked out a mechanic with Gypsy for Jaliera's fear of fire. She knows how to play it.

Davroar needs to attach AC 10 and roll damage if he's knifing it. Damage is 1d4 (being generous) and he needs to do 5 points of damage. Or he can try to make that DC 10 strength check.

Net
A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net. When you use an action, bonus action, or reaction to attack with a net, you can make only one attack regardless of the number of attacks you can normally make.

Read my post in the OOC thread. I suggest that you make the strength check with advantage, as per what I say there.

Sindar is next. Bern is on-deck.

Last edited by Neptune; Wed 01/09/21 23:37 UTC.

-Nep
Page 17 of 49 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Pandemonium
Pandemonium
Oregon USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,860
Posts141,450
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy