Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (KenSeg, Zeim, Mousedood), 32 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 49 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 48 49
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Zhu

She can hear some commotion out in the hall, so fires a spell at the one next to Sindar.

Fire Bolt
Melee Spell Attack:
20 to hit
14 fire damage

Last edited by Zeim; Mon 23/08/21 13:58 UTC.
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Realising she is about to be attacked, she opts to use the bardic influence that Sindar bestowed, no good waiting until you are dead to use it.

Jaliera Char save + bardic infl
Gypsy rolled 1d20+1,1d6 and got 19, 1

I would guess that is a save wink If I can roll and then decide I'll save the bardic influence.

Dex save:

Jaliera Dex save
Gypsy rolled 1d20+7 and got 14

M
M
[[ got it ... thanks! ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

A bolt of fire streaks towards the ooze that is attacking Sindar. The flame strikes true but the ooze does not suffer the damage that Zhu had expected. Resists fire damage - 7 pts The oozes that still remains lashes out at Sindar by shaping a club-like appendege from it's form. The psuedopod drips with liquid that Sindar soon learns is corrosive. Steam rises from his burnt skin where he was splashed by the acidic ichor. It got onto his armor too. Several rivet that held his studded leather together sizzle away. OOC: the armor is now -1. BTW, we didn't have it added or selected in Roll20 so I added it before he took damage. Sindar's AC is now 14. You actually killed 3 of the 4 oozes. Arus, Kriv and Zhu all killed one.

Ooze-1 Chooses between 1-Sindar and 2-Zhu Neptune rolled 1d2 and got 1
Ooze-1 attacks Sindar psuedopod/bludgeon and Acid dam Neptune rolled 1d20+3,1d6+1,2d6 and got 22, 4, 9

Meanwhile, outside, Jaliera feels the baneful energy that the slimy humanoid spellcaster tried to curse her with but she is not impacted by it. And then she realizes that the other spell caster was calling on divine fire to rain down on her. She is able to dodge out of the strike location.

1) Jaliera can hold on to that inspiration die.
Status
Inside the control room:
Code
Char    Init  Dam  Conditions & Effects   Rd 1 Action,Rd 2 action
Code
Zhu      26        @                      MMx2 22 pts, kills an ooze-4,Fire bolt does 1/2 dam
GrOoze   18                               
 Ooze-1         7                         psychic crushes Sindar 7,Hits Sindar for 13 pts - Armor harmed
 Ooze-2        22  DEAD                   psychic crushes Kriv 7, Misses 
 Ooze-3        23  DEAD                   psychic crushes Arus 13, DEAD
 Ooze-4        24  DEAD                   DEAD before it could go     
Sindar   12    7   @ +
Kriv      9    7   @ +                   Kills ooze-2
Arus      8   13   @                     Killed Ooze-3, Does he hurt ooze-2?

Outside the control room:
Code
Jaliera  19    ?   +                     Moved-hid-Whisper's eyes
Davroar  12    4   + Trapped in net      Moves-took opp dam - wild shape: small brown snake,
Bern     10    4   +                     Moved - fired arrow.
KT Whip   8
 KTW-1                                   Bane on Jaliera Davroar Bern-moved to tunnel
 KTW-2                                   Sacred flame Jaliera-moved to tunnel
Kuo-Tao   7
 KT-1                                    Ran to far corner,
 KT-2                                    Trapped Davroar the snake
 KT-3                                    Climbed on walkway - hit Bern with spear
 KT-4                                    Ran (double move) down corridor,
Otyugh    6                              Opp dam to Davoar 4 pts-moved,

@ Has +3 protection from Arus aura of protection
+ Has 1d4 bardic inspriation.
? TBD after saving throw

In the "Pool room" - Bern and Davroar go. I need those saving throws (charisma: 1d20-1 for Bern and 1d20+2 for Davroar) for the Bane spell. Then decide if you need to roll that inspiration point. If you didn't save vs Bane, I'll roll my 1d4 after you roll your 1d6 or decide not to. Davroar is trapped in the net. It takes a DC 10 strength check to break out. Considering that you are in snake form, your strength is <gulp> 2, which means a -4 on the roll to escape. That's not the only thing he could do, of course. As for Bern, he still can't see anything. He does not know that any of the enemies dove back into the water. But he can judge, to some extent, where the spear that struck him came from. If you aim elsewhere I'll make the decision random as before and there are more minuses to hit others. Yes, attacking is still, at least, with disadvantage.

Sindar goes. Followed by Kriv and then Arus and if it goes to the next round, Zhu, in the control room

-Nep
M
M
[[ Bern Cha save MikeD rolled d20-1 & got 7 ... guess I'm dead <sigh> ]]

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He calls energy to his hands and tosses it at the ooze that singed.

9 or 13 to hit 2 or 8 damage respectively
2021-08-23 20:33:35
Sindar Eldritch blast 2 bolts
Pandemonium rolled 1d10,1d10 and got 2, 8
2021-08-23 20:32:57
Sindar Eldritch blast 2 bolts
Pandemonium rolled 1d20+7,1d20+7 and got 9, 13

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: It was NOT a save or die. It just means that for a minute (10 rounds) Bern is less likely to save or hit. You can still act.

DM
Bern doesn't know what it was that affected him but he had reason to believe that he was cursed by some spell. He was suddenly shaky, unsure of his steps and a bit dizzy. He was under the effect of bane.

In the control room Sindar finally destroys the last of the grey oozes.

Sindar can still move (on Roll20 - and remember your light!) and the rest of the crew in there can move to help the trio in the pool room on your turns.

Let's update the status and combine the team again in turn order
Status

Code
Char    Init  Dam  Conditions & Effects  Rd 1 Action,Rd 2 action
Code
Zhu      26        @                     MMx2 22 pts, kills an ooze-4, Fire bolt does 1/2 dam
Jaliera  19    ?   +                     Moved-hid-Whisper's eyes,
Davroar  12    4   + Trapped in net      Moves-took opp dam - wild shape: small brown snake,
Sindar   12    7   @ +                   Hurt Ooze-1, Killed Ooze-1
Bern     10    4   + Suffers bane        Moved - fired arrow.
Kriv      9    7   @ +                   Kills ooze-2
Arus      8   13   @                     Killed Ooze-3, Does he hurt ooze-2?
KT Whip   8
 KTW-1                                   Bane on Jaliera Davroar Bern-moved to tunnel
 KTW-2                                   Sacred flame Jaliera-moved to tunnel
Kuo-Tao   7
 KT-1                                    Ran to far corner,
 KT-2                                    Trapped Davroar the snake
 KT-3                                    Climbed on walkway - hit Bern with spear
 KT-4                                    Ran (double move) down corridor,
Otyugh    6                              Opp dam to Davoar 4 pts-moved,

Doing some quick accounting, aside from Sindar moving if he likes, Jaliera just rolled her saves but she hasn't acted. Davroar needs to figure out what he's up to and Bern can do something too.

Oh, I'm running a FTF session tomorrow night so I've got prep work to do.

-Nep
M
M
[[ might as well be <sigh> ]]

Bern

It looked like Davroar could use some help. He aims his bow and lets loose

[[ Bern bow at Otyugh MikeD rolled d20+9 d8+4 and got 13, 9 ]]

MikeD
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Her options flash before her and she is rattled by the closeness of that fire. She fights to control her desire to flee, her flesh shivering with the thought of being burned. Having watched her parents burn to death, even now she cannot stay fully rational. Bern is behind her. No retreat. Davroar is still potentially in trouble. No retreat.

"Bern look away."

Just as she casts colour spray in towards those nearest to her using Whisper's eyes. As soon as she can she intends to move forward and hide.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC:
1) MikeD - I don't know why you say that. You can try and overcome the negatives by throwing your coin down the walkway, as Zeim suggested earlier. That would get rid of the disadvantage. You can use your coin to move to a better location and then fire blind (which almost hit)

Also, the Otyugh is not a target since he's around 2 corners (100% cover) and submerged. Your best target is the Kuo-Tao that shot at you. From your current spot you can't target the one that captured Davroar. I'll let you think about it. Take a look at the tactical map.

2) Gypsy - You can either see through Whisper's eyes or cast. Additionally, the spell range is insufficient (only 15' starting from you):
Color Spray
1 illusion
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self (15-foot cone)
Components: V S M (A pinch of powder or sand that is colored red, yellow, and blue)
Duration: 1 round
Classes: Sorcerer, Wizard
A dazzling array of flashing, colored light springs from your hand. Roll 6d10; the total is how many hit points of creatures this spell can effect. Creatures in a 15-foot cone originating from you are affected in ascending order of their current hit points (ignoring unconscious creatures and creatures that can’t see). Starting with the creature that has the lowest current hit points, each creature affected by this spell is blinded until the spell ends. Subtract each creature’s hit points from the total before moving on to the creature with the next lowest hit points. A creature’s hit points must be equal to or less than the remaining total for that creature to be affected.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, roll an additional 2d10 for each slot level above 1st.

-Nep
M
M
[[ you are assuming that Bern would think of things like that in 'the heat of battle' <wink> As to the tactics ... I went by what I remembered since the map isn't on the current page (for me, anyway) With out a better target, he will shoot at the 'available' Kuo-Tao ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Hmmmm. My first instinct, when I'm wandering in a dark place and there's violence, would be to turn on my flashlight. But Zeim did say he was metagaming smile Please give me another 1d20 because of the disadvantage. You rolled a 13 for that first die. I won't tell you if it's good or bad. After you roll your 1d20, remember that I'll roll a 1d4 and subtract that from your number. You may choose to use your inspiration die (1d6). If so, roll 1d6.
In summary,
1) roll 1d20
2) roll another 1d6 if you so choose.

-Nep
M
M
[[ Bern 'nother d20 MikeD rolled d20 d6 and got 1, 2 <sigh> I'm gonna start working on my new character now :-/ ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Since you rolled a 1, the 2 makes no sense. You missed. But you'll keep your inspiration. Had you rolled higher than a 13, your 13 was a likely hit with the bardic inspiration even with a roll of 2 on the d6. It was then 50-50.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
(OOC - yes, I think you can cast "Touch" spells thru your familiar but not others)

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He was not expecting to be so easily caught in a net that this fishy looking creature seemingly pulled out of thin air. Nevertheless, he will play docile a bit, wiggling like a normal animal would, but is waiting for a better opportunity to attempt an escape when his captor least expects it. Only if it looks like he will be eaten, Davroar would then cancel his snake form and return to being human again.

Davroar Save against Bane spell
Dugan rolled 1d20+2 and got 18

[ooc: Neptune, I thought I could easily get away using Wild shape change as my bonus action (druid of the Circle of the Moon), and then use the remainder of my move underwater, yet I'll accept Davroar's current condition as written.]

Last edited by Dugan; Wed 25/08/21 05:19 UTC.
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: You could swim, but "easily" was not in the cards. The Kuo-Tao started hunting you as you escaped and would have moved to where ever you went. The nets, of course, are for catching things in and out of water. The attached blurbs from their description in the Monster Manual also attest to their keen perception and tactics. That 14 perception is why Jaliera was spotted.

Attached Images
Kuo-tao weapons.jpg (53.99 KB, 87 downloads)

-Nep
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

The ooze being finished, he turns and heads to aid his friends.

[OOC: Does Sindar have a light? If so he will carry it with him. If he doesn't he will have to create a light next round.]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Sindar can see in the dark. Actually, he had cast light onto some copper pieces and handed them out to Bern, Jaliera, Davroar and Kriv. Kriv is using Glasstaff, his weapon, as a light source. Considering that the humans out in the dark pool area are the ones with the coins in their pockets, Kriv's light is the only light.

Gypsy, before the enemies go, I need your move and your hide. Note the tactical problem with your move is that unless you hop into the fetid sewer water, you would need to cross 2 bridges to even start making your way closer. The screenshot shows where you could move to. Since you must use an action to look through Whisper's eyes, you only get 1 move and the bonus action to hide. I drew a red arrow to show a proposed path without dipping your toes into the muck. Does that make sense for you?

Bern could move, if he likes, back towards the rest of the crew, or, at least out of the open - an easy target.

Nobody in the control room moved as part of their turn. You can all do that now, if you like. It might be time to "unsplit" the party. smile
[Linked Image]

-Nep
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He moves to the area near the door to see what is going on where his friends are.

M
M
[[ waiting for a map update so I an assess the possibilities ]]

MikeD
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
I moved Zhu on the Roll20 Map.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: Good idea, I moved Sindar in Roll20]

M
M
[[ Nep - is there anything that Bern can see that would suggest one move over another?? At first glance it would seem that half a dozen to the 'north' are the most obvious candidates ... with the closest one being the obvious choice based on the map. But is there something that is not obvious from the map that might make one of the others a prime target?? Lemme know if ya want a die roll ... or you can do it if that would speed things up <g> ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, first, I'm in no rush. some of the best fun in the game is to figure out how to deal with a challenge.

Second, as for what Bern can see? He cannot see. There is no light. I published the map so that Jaliera, because she sees through Whisper's eyes. But nobody else sees that.

A point of clarification about the map for everyone, the Kuo-Tao that are blue shaded are submerged. Also there are two in tunnels under the walkway in the water. Full disclosure, they will use half their moves to emerge, then cast spells, then go back into hiding. I removed the Otyugh because it has moved into deep hiding and has disengaged from the combat ... for now. So, regardless of the map you see, Bern sees nothing. He's listening to splashes in the water and firing. Now granted, he's skilled with a bow and it's more than luck that he even has a chance of hitting something. But until he can see, his condition is blind. The impact of that condition is:
Blinded
A blinded creature can’t see and automatically fails any ability check that requires sight.
Attack rolls against the creature have advantage, and the creature’s Attack rolls have disadvantage.

So, as far as moving, he's walking blind and has no idea when he would fall into the water. If he wants to hug a wall and work his way around, OK. I'll even grant you the ability to fist the coin and let some light out to move around safer on the (aforementioned) slippery walkway.

And for everyone else, remember the range of light. It's a radius of 20 feet of bright light and an additional 20 feet of dim light. So the distance from a source of light is at most 40 feet. Currently all of the opponents are over 40 feet away from all the PCs. Well, all the PCs other than Davroar, who is trapped in a net. And while Davroar in snake form does have blindsight, his blindsight range is only 10'.

-Nep
Page 16 of 49 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
KenSeg
KenSeg
Jensen Beach, Florida
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,862
Posts141,476
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy