Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dugan), 21 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 49 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 48 49
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Once Jaliera reaches corner of the walkway at the intersection of the offal saturated canal she sees Davroar, in giant spider form, move away swiftly from a tentacled monster. It lashes out at the spider and hits but he is too big to be pulled into it and the spider scurries away. At that moment she realizes that she cannot see where Davroar went or much beyond where the mire-dwelling monster was and she was aware that there were other muck critters in a central pool but without the help of Whisper, she is unable to see them. With Bern racing up behind her she stops and ducks presses her body against the wall to hide and then looks out through the spiritual owl's eyes to survey the situation.

OOC: You'll need to provide me with a stealth roll but do it with disadvantage. There is really no good place to hide without moving, she is carrying light the lit coin in a normally pitch black environment and I assume that she will say something to halt Bern's charge. (BTW, I give you that and you could also close the grip on the coin to darken the way. Bern also has a lit coin, I believe. But first things first, the stealth roll with disadvantage.

-Nep
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Forgot he gets two bolts.
Roll to hit for first one is repeated here. Damage is 8.
Second attack 27 to hit, which is a crit, if it can crit. so 20 points if I understand things correctly.

Same target, if the first blast doesn't kill it.

2021-08-17 23:37:31
Sindar First Eldritch Blast bolt damage
Pandemonium rolled 1d10 and got 8
2021-08-17 23:36:45
Sindar Second Eldritch Blast bolt
Pandemonium rolled 1d20+7 and got 27
2021-08-17 00:57:18
Sindar Eldritch Blast attack
Pandemonium rolled 1d20+7 and got 10

Last edited by Pandemonium; Tue 17/08/21 23:39 UTC.
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Not quite smile
For a crit on the eldritch blast you roll 2d10 instead of 1d10. You don't get max damage (you could roll 20 but you could also roll 2).

Last edited by Neptune; Wed 18/08/21 03:24 UTC.

-Nep
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
9 points.
2021-08-18 15:19:23
Sindar Crit dmg Eldritch Blast
Pandemonium rolled 2d10 and got 9

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline

Status
Inside the control room:
Code
Char    Init  Dam  Conditions & Effects   Rd 1 Action
Code
GrOoze   18                               
 Ooze-1        17                         psychic crushes Sindar
 Ooze-2                                   psychic crushes Kriv
 Ooze-3                                   psychic crushes Arus
 Ooze-4        24  DEAD                   psychic crushes Zhu      
Zhu      26        +3 protection          MMx2 kills an ooze
Sindar   12    7   +3 protection
Kriv      9    7   +3 protection
Arus      8   13   +3 protection

Outside the control room:
Code
Jaliera  19                               Moves - I need her standard and a bonus action if she has one.
Davroar  12    4                          * Moves and took opportunity damage. Uses his action to turn into a small brown snake.
Bern     10                               Moves - I will need his standard and any bonus after Jalier and Darvroar go.         
KT Whip   8
 KTW-1
 KTW-2
Kuo-Tao   7
 KT-1
 KT-2
 KT-3
 KT-4
Otyugh    6                               * Opportunity attack on Davoar

* Will happen as soon as Jaliera does her thing.
Kriv and Arus can go. I'm waiting on Jaliera to roll stealth and finish off her move.
Bern needs to wait for Jaliera.

Last edited by Neptune; Thu 19/08/21 00:50 UTC.

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He can feel the blood pouring from his nose and the start of a hell of a headache. Seeing the walls oozing isn't a complete surprise to Arus though.

"Oozes. Why is it always oozes?" He growls to himself, recalling the nightmarish Ooze Tomb of the Oathbreaker.

Attacking an ooze, one has to strike fast and decisive, breaking up its mass with clean cuts until its cohesion is comprimised.

So that's what he does. His longsword is in hand and that's what he uses, despite knowing metal and oozes generally do mix a little too well.

"By this blade I doth cleanse thee!" He shouts, summoning the power of the Leviathan.

[Arus attack hits(?) ooze nearest to him with a roll of 17 total.

6 Slashing damage, 13 Radiant damage.]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
Indeed, Arus is able to slice away with his sword at the ooze that attacked him. Indeed, it suffers from the cut but the longsword sizzles as the caustic sludge covers it.

Corrode Metal (grey ooze feature)

Any non magical weapon made of metal that hits the ooze corrodes. After dealing damage, the weapon takes a permanent and cumulative -1 penalty to damage rolls. If its penalty drops to -5, the weapon is destroyed. Non magical ammunition made of metal that hits the ooze is destroyed after dealing damage.

The ooze can eat through 2-inch-thick, non magical metal in 1 round.

Waiting still for Jaliera's stealth roll and Kriv can also go

Last edited by Neptune; Fri 20/08/21 16:43 UTC.

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Thanks Nep.

Arus will use his extra attack on the same ooze.

Hits with a 16 total for another 6 damage]

Last edited by nem; Fri 20/08/21 19:49 UTC.
AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn noble witnessed the metal sword begin to dissolve, and promptly brought the Glasstaff to bear in both hands, trusting the magical, nonmetallic implement to do enough.

Kriv Hitting the nearest still living ooze with the glasstaff
AJ rolled 1d20+7 and got 26
Kriv damage
AJ rolled 1d8+4 and got 10 damage

Kriv Extra attack hitting the nearest still living ooze with the glasstaff
AJ rolled 1d20+7 and got 21
Kriv Damage
AJ rolled 1d8+4 and got 12 damage

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC I forgot to hand out a Bardic inspiration. Remind me to do it next round if I forget.]

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Been away as notified.

Jaliera Stealth
Gypsy rolled 1d20+10,1d20+10 and got 29, 12

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline

Originally Posted by Pandemonium
[OOC I forgot to hand out a Bardic inspiration. Remind me to do it next round if I forget.]

No you didn't! When the DM ghosted for Sindar....

Ooops. I forgot to "kill" the one that Arus attacked. 19 points was enough. That second blow can be against the one that is attacking Sindar, since it's the only one left alive after Kriv goes. Would you like to shed another point of damage off of the sword? (swords are cheap <g>).

DM

Jaliera presses her body against the wall and starts looking through Whisper's eyes. The first thing that she sees are the strange fish-like humanoids pointing in her direction. She realizes that she had given up her location. She knows that Bern is following quickly behind her and that he won't be able to see them.

Kriv is thankful that his weapon is non-metalic. Even if it was metal, it's magic would keep it safe. It was a good weapon to use and after striking the ooze twice it's ectoplasm bursts and it's insides fall to the ground, harmless.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Bern. Stop. Enemies. Kill light."

And she closes her hand around her stone and starts to back away. Hopefully Davroar has escaped. Maybe she even provided a distraction.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Bern's up and then all the baddies.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - OK, two miscellaneous items. One is Metagaming, sorry:

1 - Kriv uses a Maul, I believe? No issues with his using the Glasstaff, but just for my own edification I had always thought a Maul was made of wood and not metal?

2 - Gypsy - Since dousing the light completely will leave you and Bern blind while the foes have Darkvision, it might be better to just toss the coin to the ground a few yards away. That will give you light to see by, allow you to move out of the lit areas to hide, and not reveal your location with a moving light source.)

M
M
[[ Acrually, a maul was typically a wooden 'shaft' with a stone or metal 'head' <g> https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Granite_maul ]]

Bern

He had already put his coin away, so that wasn't an issue. But it was clear to him that there were foes around the corner. He steps into the corridor ... closes his eyes so that what he sees does not get in the way ... and listens for a sound and fires his bow at the sound.

[[ not sure what roll/penalties apply ... go ahead and roll ... or let me know what I need to roll <g> ]]

MikeD
AJ Offline
(We've established Kriv as holding the Glasstaff for the past 4-5 pages, he cast the light cantrip upon it and has been using it for illumination subsequently. He could drop the staff and bonus action switch to his maul via the weapon bond eldritch Knight ability as he has done on a few occasions, but in this instance, he didn't, and didn't need to. As to the material Kriv's maul is made of, it could go either way, going by his character illustration in the gallery he's holding a metal-headed weapon. The haft is probably wood so perhaps I could have flavored inverting it, but the better option is to just use the weapon in hand which definitely won't trigger the effect as opposed to forcing the DM to make a decision about what my equipment is made of, by throwing an additional bonus action into the mix.)

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(Yeah, I was just curious as I always envisioned a Maul as a non-metal weapon. Sort of a giant wooden or stone mallet.)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: I always picture a maul having a spiked metal head. And yes, Glasstaff is illuminated and why wouldn't Kriv use a magic weapon?

MikeD, you can roll with disadvantage. You have no idea where you're shooting, so I'll do some dex rolls to see who makes the most noise. It'll be one of the Kuo-Tao...

2021-08-21 22:51:05
KTW-2 Dex Check
Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 9

KTW-1 Dex Check
Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 15

KT-4 Dex Check
Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 4

KT-3 Dex Check
Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 2

KT-2 Dex Check
Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 7

KT-1 Dex Check
Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 12

So Bern hears a splash in the water in the general direction of Kuo-Tao #3. I'm avoiding the Otyugh because it has at least 3/4 cover.

As for Zeim's metagaming, I would never be able to keep my mouth shut at a table, as a player, about that tactic. I kinda invited it wink

-Nep
AJ Offline
Originally Posted by Neptune
OOC: I always picture a maul having a spiked metal head. And yes, Glasstaff is illuminated and why wouldn't Kriv use a magic weapon?

(Why wouldn't he? The staff is versatile and, as something that can be wielded in two hands, is usable with Great Weapon Fighting, but it lacks the 'heavy' property thus cannot be used with Great Weapon Mastery. Kriv could have used the maul, AC8 is just crying out for that -5 to attack +10 to damage, and could conceivably have taken out two oozes, at the low, low, cost of a permanent debuff to one of his bonded weapons which has been with the character since he was first created for LMP seven years ago today.)

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC I'll stick with my action as she doesn't know her hide was unsuccessful - but thanks! wink ]

M
M
Bern:

He couldn't see a target, so listened for a moment and let fly ...

[[ Bern Bow with disadvantage MikeD rolled d20+9 d20+9 d8+4 and got 12, 26, 9 ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
Jaliera looks for Davroar as soon as she can see through Whisper's eyes. She winces as she sees the giant spider take a hit from the monstrosity he encountered north of her but lets out a sigh of relief when Davroar manages to escape from the grasping tentacle which could not wrap itself around the large form of the spider. The tentacle retracts and the monster slithers back into the cave and disappears from Whisper's view. Once he's away, Davroar transforms once again and changes into a small brown snake (We are using the stats of a poisonous snake: Size: tiny, AC 13, HP 2, STR:2, DEX:16, CON:11, Speed 30/Swim 30, Blindsight 10 feet, Passive Perception: 10, Action: Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 piercing damage, and the target must make a DC 10 Constitution saving throw, taking 5 (2d4) poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one..

Continuing to survey the scene, she sees Bern's arrow whizz into the darkness. While Bern only knows from the sound the arrow makes when it finally stops flying, Jaliera can see that it just missed one of the humanoids and that the arrow struck a wall behind it. AC 13 - just missed!. She also notes that Bern's That hostile act was enough to change the attitude of the amphibious creatures realizes that she's been spotted as one of them looks at her directly Perception +6. It prick's it's webbed claw and utters an incantation. KTW#2 casts Bane. Jaliera, Bern and Davroar are impacted. You must all make a DC 12 Charisma saving throw. Remember that Jaliera, Bern and Davroar gain the bardic inspiration, so you may opt to add the 1d6 to your saves. (You only get this once - Davroar opted to not use his yet earlier. Note that you have yet another save to make, at the end of the encounter for ... I won't tell you for what to avoid metagaming conflicts weg ). Failure to make this save means you roll 1d4 for every attack you make (to hit) and every save for the next minutes (10 rounds). You subtract the result from your to-hit/saving throw. .

Another of the Kuo-Tao targets Jaliera with a different incantation. A flame-like radiance descends on Jaliera. Kou-Tao Whip#2 casts Sacred Flame: Another save. This time it's a Dex save, DC 12. If Jaliera failed the save for "bane", she has to roll 1d4 and subtract that number from her save vs. Sacred Flame. If she fails, she takes 7 points of damage. Kou-Tao Whip#1 Sacred Flame Neptune rolled 1d8 and got 7. Both of the spell casters submerge themselves. They two spellcasters then swim towards apparent tunnels under the walkway which are on either side of the central pool.

The four other humanoids scatter with an apparent purpose and coordinated actions. One Kou-Tao#4 submurges and swimms quicky to the same underwater tunnel that the spellcaster did but it swims away from the area, heading towards and then past Davroar. A third one Kou-Tao#3 climbs up to the walkway and looks towards Bern who just tried to kill him. He hurls his spear at the ranger and sinks the tip into his leg. Kou-Tao#3 Hurls spear at Bern (disadvantage). Neptune rolled 1d20+4,1d20+4,1d6+1 and got 21, 24, 4. Be glad he had disadvantage for long range or it would've been a crit!). A third one Kou-Tao#1 climbs onto the walkway and runs to the furthest corner and takes out his spear and readies it. The last one Kou-Tao#2 climbs onto the walkway and and meets Davroar just at where he changes into a snake. That humanoid attacks the tiny brown snake with a finely woven net and tries to catch it. It succeeds! Kuo-Tao#2 Tries to Net Davroar Neptune rolled 1d20+2 and got 22. (Net: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net. When you use an action, bonus action, or reaction to attack with a net, you can make only one attack regardless of the number of attacks you can normally make.)
[Linked Image]
In the control room, the heroes there are making progress. Two of the oozes have perished. Only two remain. Does Arus attack the one on Kriv for that second attack? He really can't reach the one on Sindar. If so, he does 5 points because of the -1 penalty and the sword becomes -2 damage. It won't kill the ooze.
[Linked Image]
Status
Inside the control room:
Code
Char    Init  Dam  Conditions & Effects   Rd 1 Action
Code
Zhu      26        @                     MMx2 kills an ooze-4
GrOoze   18                               
 Ooze-1                                   psychic crushes Sindar
 Ooze-2         5?                        psychic crushes Kriv 
 Ooze-3        17  DEAD                   psychic crushes Arus 
 Ooze-4        24  DEAD                   psychic crushes Zhu      
Sindar   12    7   @ +
Kriv      9    7   @ +
Arus      8   13   @                     Killed Ooze-3, Does he hurt ooze-2?

Outside the control room:
Code
Jaliera  19    ?   +                     Moved, hid, uses action to see through Whisper's eyes
Davroar  12    4   + Trapped in net      Moves and took opportunity damage. Uses his action to turn into a small brown snake.
Bern     10    4   +                     Moved and fired (I placed him for you)
KT Whip   8
 KTW-1
 KTW-2
Kuo-Tao   7
 KT-1
 KT-2
 KT-3
 KT-4
Otyugh    6                               Opportunity attack on Davoar does 4 pts. 

@ Has +3 protection from Arus aura of protection
+ Has 1d4 bardic inspriation.
? TBD after saving throw

Note that beings that are submerged, underwater, are shaded in blue.

That is the end of round #1. Back up to the top. Once again, ladies first. Zhu and Jaliera go.

-Nep
M
M
[[ do I have to decide to use the 1d6 before I roll the save?? ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: After, but I kinda let the cat out of the bag so I struck a line out of the WAR text:

BARDIC INSPIRATION
Vou can inspire others through stirring words or music. To do so, you use a bonus action on your turn to choose one creature other than yourself within 60 feet of you who can hear YOU. That creature gains one Bardic inspiration die, a d6.

Once within the next 10 minutes, The creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the DM says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Bardic Inspiration die is rolled. it is lost. A creature can have only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time.

-Nep
Page 15 of 49 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Pandemonium
Pandemonium
Oregon USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,860
Posts141,454
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy