Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 21 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 49 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 48 49
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: I admit when I'm wrong and it should not have played out this way. So hold your horses. I'm going to take away the ooze's surprise round. Damage to be undone in the control room. Your perceptions avoid that surprise round. So we'll skip that round and start with normal round 1. I'll remove damage from Roll20.

Initiative:
Code
Char    Init    Dam   Conditions and Effects
Code
Zhu      26          
Jaliera  19       
Ooze     18
Davroar  12           Giant Spider form       
Sindar   12       
Bern     10
Kriv      9       
Arus      8       
KT Whip   8
Kuo-Tao   7
Otyugh    6

Zhu goes first.

Last edited by Neptune; Fri 09/07/21 16:32 UTC.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Sensing something amiss she acts first, sends darts of Magical Force flying into a now revealed Ooze. Using Sorcery to speed up her casting she repeats the spell again.

With all the foes now revealed, she repeats her action, using Sorcery once more to speed up the casting. Not pleased with the results of her second set of spells she uses another Sorcery point to try to increase her damage, but fails

So, Magic Missile then using Sorcery to make it a Bonus action and casting a second one. total damage on first (surprise) round is 24 on one of them. Then on regular initiative using MM again, and Sorcery to change it to a Bonus action again, on a different one. Then using a Sorcery point to reroll 3 of the damage die, Including the rerolls total damage on a second one is 20. Cost 3 1st level and 1 second level spell. You can choose which one she kills and take away its attack and damage on the party. Crappy rolls on the second set of MMs or she could have gotten two of them.

Last edited by Zeim; Fri 09/07/21 17:44 UTC.
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: there is NO surprise round.

So you can save everything from "Then on regular initiative..." for next round. Everyone acts this round. You kill the one that was going to blast you.

Jaliera goes. Then the ooze. We'll apply those first rolls (I rolled poorly on damage) and we'll move on from there.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - OK, so I'll take back the damage from the one that attacked Zhu.)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Yep. That's why there was no damage recorded in the initiative order I reposted. I just hadn't had a chance to update ROLL20 yet.

Jaliera is up. I hope Gypsy can squeeze in her turn before she disappears for the weekend!

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[We have a pretty good statement of intent from Gyspy for Jaliera, if that helps.

<<She sends a mental recall to Whisper and yells to Bern.

"Davroar is under attack!" before starting to run in that direction, readying her bow and recalling spells to mind. She has to save him!>>

Even if we don't have precise actions and rolls, might be enough to ghost if you want to get through the first round asap.]

Last edited by nem; Sat 10/07/21 09:25 UTC.
M
M
[[ and I thought that I posted about Bern coming to help ... but can't find that post <sigh> ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: I think it's appropriate to think that she's going to run to help Davroar. Consider that she's blind to what's going on in the control room.

It's not Bern's turn yet but if Jaliera and Bern are moving towards Davroar, those tokens can be moved the appropriate distance on the map at this time. Note that if you can't use an action because nobody is in range, you can double move. Bern and Jaliera have to figure out how to get to the other side for a shot at the otyugh. It also stands to benefit from cover.

Davroar, being far away from the oozes who go first, can also act now. BTW, when he turns into a snake and tries to slither away, will be subject to an opportunity attack. BTW, I moved Davroar back because he wouldn't get as far as you moved him without running into the otyugh. You'll see it in the map.

I'm about to start my FTF session so any resolutions will come then.

Last edited by Neptune; Sat 10/07/21 13:17 UTC.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Can you remove the Ooze Zhu killed from the map so I can see whether or not Zhu can move as part of her turn?)

M
M
[[ Yeah, I know several go before me <g> I was lamenting a post that I apparently didn't post <sigh> Also ... is there a link to the roll 20 site? I can't seem to find one :-/ Sux getting old!! Have fun w/ your f2f. Sadly I have not had that pleasure for too many years <pout> ]]

MikeD
Administrator
Administrator
[Neptune, I am planning to have Davroar retreat in his spider form directly away from the otyugh (hopefully to survive the opportunity attack in spider form). Straddling the water using the spiders long legs and facing east when he changes to become a small brown snake he will immediately fall into the water. Snakes are known to be able to hold their breathes for 10 - 15 minutes or more, and his intent is to fall to the bottom and then crawl along the outside edge of the large central pool and eventually make his way back to the group. I drew some lines in Roll20 of my plan, but I know anything could happen. His plan is purely self-preservation since Davroar does not know at this point if anyone is coming to his rescue. ]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Otyugh Opportunity attack tentacle
Neptune rolled 1d20+6,1d8+3 and got 17, 4
Vs. AC 14 is a hit.

Davroar, in spider form CANNOT be grappled (only medium or small critters can get grappled!). Davroar will take 4 points of damage in spidey form.

I'm pretty busy packing and there'll will be slow or absent for 4 to 5 days.

All HPs taken off in error were restored. I didn't take this new damage from Davroar.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She uses her coin for light, moving ahead rapidly (Double move) and hopefully taking Bern with her. Let us know when we can see anything.

M
M
<Bern>

[[ when it is his move ... ]]

He follows Jaliera, his bow ready.

MikeD
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Given a good hit from the creatures slimy tentacle, he manages to back away as intended, shape changing into a small brown snake to drop into the sewage water to slip away in the muck and darkness.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Inside the control room Zhu suddenly shoots magic missiles at the wall and a blob of ooze that nobody else saw drops to the ground. Alerted to the danger the others are ready for the attack but aren't fast enough to stop a psychic assault as a sharp ringing fills their heads. The oozes start to move.

Outside the control room, Jaliera rushes to help Davroar, urging Bern to follow her. She summons Whisper back and now relies on the light from her coin to brighten her way. She intended to run to her beau's side but she gets to the edge of the walkway and realizes that she has to find a way across the sewer sludge.

OOC: Since I had to do a redo, to remove the surprise round, but I've delayed long enough, I'm just using all the same rolls (as much as I can) to resynch us. Here's the rewind. There was no surprise round. For simplicity sake, I'll boil this down to two encounters - The grey ooze (Arus, Kriv, Sindar & Zhu) and the Otyugh/Kuo-Tao (Bern, Davroar & Jaliera).

Inside the control room:
Zhu goes first. This is what she can do, taken from Zeim's post...
So, Magic Missile then using Sorcery to make it a Bonus action and casting a second one. total damage on first (surprise) round is 24 on one of them.
That kills one of them. Zeim, since you didn't specify, it's the one that attacked you from the other side of the room.

Psychic Grey Ooze Psychic Crush vs Sindar
Neptune rolled 3d6 and got 7
Sindar Int save
Neptune rolled 1d20 and got 5 (+3 from Arus 10-ft aura of protection.) Fails
Sindar takes 7 points of psychic damage.

Psychic Grey Ooze Psychic Crush vs Kriv
Neptune rolled 3d6 and got 7
Kriv int save (+3 aura bonus)
AJ rolled 1d20+6 and got 8
Kriv takes 7 points of damage

Psychic Grey Ooze Psychic Crush vs Arus
Neptune rolled 3d6 and got 13
Arus Int save 7 total, he takes 13 damage

Sindar, Kriv and Arus can go now.

Outside the control room,
Jaliera goes: She uses her coin for light, moving ahead rapidly (Double move) and hopefully taking Bern with her. Let us know when we can see anything.

The first part of her move takes her to a corner where she can see Davroar. I'll let her decide now if she wants to move or do something else. Whisper flies towards her but if she moves, I need to know what path she's taking with part 2 of her double-move. She knows of the Kuo-Tao but can't see them. I also need to know where Whisper is going.

Based on timings, neither Davroar nor Bern have gone yet but I have your declared actions. Davroar will take his escape path and when he does he takes the opportunity attack and the 4 points of damage. Bern will do his move first but once we know what Jaliera does, he'll still have his action and a bonus action if he has one. But let's nail Jaliera's action before we proceed with his actions. He won't be able to see the Kuo-Tao either.
[Linked Image]

Initiative:
Inside the control room:
Code
Char    Init  Dam  Conditions & Effects   Rd 1 Action
Code
Ooze     18                               3 psychic crushes
Zhu      26        +3 protection          MMx2 kills an ooze
Sindar   12    7   +3 protection
Kriv      9    7   +3 protection
Arus      8   13   +3 protection

Outside the control room:
Code
Jaliera  19                               Moves - I need her standard and a bonus action if she has one.
Davroar  12    4                          Moves and took opportunity damage. Uses his action to turn into a small brown snake.
Bern     10                               Moves - I will need his standard and any bonus after Jalier and Darvroar go.         
KT Whip   8
Kuo-Tao   7
Otyugh    6

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC So she cannot see an enemy? If she swaps back to Whisper's eyes momentarily? She is currently thinking Colour Spray with a warning to Davroar.]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: That is correct. But they can see her. Momentarily means a full action and giving up her turn, leaving her exposed. The ability to see through Whisper's eyes is not meant for combat situations. It's meant for scouting.

Additionally, as an action, you can see through your familiar's eyes and hear what it hears until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits of any special senses that the familiar has.

So you used your move. Looking through Whisper's eyes is an action, leaving only a potential bonus action.

I need to add that the range for color spray is a 15-foot cone originating from you. Your range of sight is 40' and potential targets are further away than you are at the moment.

Last edited by Neptune; Mon 16/08/21 00:21 UTC. Reason: Added note about range of color spray

-Nep
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Also, Sindar, Kriv and Arus can go now, in that order.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
OK, Jaliera needs to sight the enemy so she will sight with Whisper. wink

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Gypsy - Do you have any spells that are Bonus Actions? Otherwise Hide is good.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
This!
Originally Posted by Zeim
Gypsy - Do you have any spells that are Bonus Actions? Otherwise Hide is good.

She can certainly provide a stealth roll! She'll be able to "scout" and pass on info from her hidden location. But she can only do that on her turn and then needs to provide another stealth roll. So the proper order of activity might be 1) Move to where she is 2) Look through Whisper's eyes and report what she sees 3) Hide.
Rinse, repeat every round.

Bern however, won't have the benefit of that and would be exposed if, on his turn, he follows her. So it might be a good idea for her to tell him to lay back as she watches what unfolds..

There may be another clever way to illuminate the far end of the sewer. Let's see if someone can figure that out.

-Nep
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

Seeing the thing leap from the wall and feeling the crush of its psychic attack he grunts. Green energy leaps to his hand, and he tosses it at one of the foes. His aim is thrown off by the pain in his head.

Rolled a 10 to hit, assuming no need for damage.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Sound advice! I keep forgetting hide. So before I can relate to Bern & warn him, need to know what she sees smile

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Pande, you would be WRONG about that. AC 8. Roll damage

-Nep
Page 14 of 49 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,862
Posts141,475
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy