Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 21 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 49 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 48 49
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar (as giant spider)

He does not believe what he heard is a going to be a trap. Lady Atalia said she brought others here, and feels that the faint call for help is legitimate. He does not tap his back leg, and will start moving forward again.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Davroar can provide an insight roll. DC 12

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Sorry Nep, Davroar provides an Insight roll to someone else, or Dugan makes a roll for Davroar?]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[ooc: Dugan needs to make an insight roll for Davroar.]

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
[ooc: sad failed Insight ...
Davroar Insight
Dugan rolled 1d20 and got 6 ]

Last edited by Dugan; Wed 30/06/21 05:08 UTC.
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Ugggh. Can't blame me for trying sad

For the rest of you, what are you doing???

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Assuming no other exits or points of interest in the room, Jaliera will recall Whisper and then very quietly quietly relate what she had seen through Whisper's eyes.

M
M
<Bern>

His attention is directed towards making sure that nothing is 'sneaking' up on them ... ahead or behind.

MikeD
AJ Offline
Kriv

Quietly, indicating the control room,

“Make sure this room is clear, see if we can figure out what can be done, and what killed that man, and how recently.”

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc: So far I have whisper fly in and fly out, Kriv standing at the entrance. Arus talking to Davroar and no other movement.

Dugan, which way are you going and how far before you stop? You can go to Roll20 and move yourself.

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

"Hazardous situation ahead." He warns the rest of the party, sliding his sword from its sheath.

Kriv has asked them to move up and secure the control room, so that's what Arus intends to do. He doesn't need light to do it.

M
M
<Bern>

He turns at Arus' 'warning'. While focusinf more of his attention forward, where his friends are, he continues to check behind from time to time.

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc: So far, pretty much nothing has been done. Davroar inched up and is nearly out of sight. I kept him at the edge of Arus's view but one more step and he's separated. Bern guards the rear, where the only threat would be able to come from the sewer grate. The rest of you are just standing around. Is anyone investigating the room with the skeleton further? If so, who? If not, are you moving forward, and up to where before I stop you? Dugan, what are you doing?

So, to reuse theater of the mind, Whisper is the only one that moved into the room to the south. She flew around for a moment and returned. Kriv is standing at the far end or the 10 feet long, 5 foot wide passage south that leads into it. Arus is right behind Kriv and everyone else is east of Kriv. I am not going to act for Sindar but if any of you think you would use an ability of a bard at the moment, let me know.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Well if no one else will, Zhu will use Perception to look for any sort of trap and then enter the room to look around. Sindar could provide her with a Bardic Inspiration die to use on a skill check. Note that Sindar is much better suited for exploring and these kinds of things as his Perception and other Skills are higher than most anyone else due to his Bard abilities.)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Yes. I'll give you a perception roll for him but not much else. He won't enter the room unless others do so. It's unfair to do otherwise.
Sindar Perception
Neptune rolled 1d20+7 and got 22

Sindar

The bard moves up, to the threshold of the control chamber, opens his palm to let light spill out from the enchanted coin he has, and looks around. "It looks empty here. It's like the rest of the place, I assume, the walls and floors are wet. There's a skeleton, there's some sort of control mechanism near the desk, like Jaliera said there was. I see four wheels and four levers."

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

As the others move up to check out the room, he closes the gap a bit between him and the group.

MikeD
AJ Offline
Kriv

Heading south into the room, the Dragonborn took in the scene.

"Hmm. It would be unusual in the extreme for someone in a position of authority or control down here to go missing unreported. The skeleton seems all there, but we are in a sewer with all the probability of scavengers. So, what killed him, and what do these controls do? It might be wise to understand them."

M
M
<Bern>

While not able to see what Kriv was describing, he did have a thought. "It seems unlikely that 'scavengers' ... rats and the like ... would have left a skeleton so 'intact' while they were 'feasting'", he offered.

MikeD
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Sorry, I should have been more explicit. I wrote "Kriv has asked them to move up and secure the control room, so that's what Arus intends to do. He doesn't need light to do it." so I meant for him to go in, search the place for threats.]

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He will spend a moment to wipe down a small section on the wall to get to the bare rock so that he can securely attach his web to it. It seems that the weak voice is not too far away from his position so he will move forward slowly and silently as possible while spinning out his web for his comrades to follow his progress.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She will move just into the corridor to the control room so she can hear what is being said but send Whisper ahead to watch over Davroar/spider so they don't lose touch.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
Davroar moves up, trying to get a footing. Much as the spider tries to scrape the wall with it's spindly legs, to fasten the webbing, the druid knows that it's a difficult task. Still, he patiently scrapes and is able to attach some webbing, but it holds on precariously. He sees a natural cave with pools of fetid water, filled with excrement and muck. The voice come from what seems to be a narrow passage in the north-west of the small cavern.

In the control room, Arus sees no immediate threats and so he moves over to the skeleton and to look more closely at it, to see if it is a threat. It is naked and whatever flesh remains on the bones is gooey. Zhu is nearby and sees a bag on the table. Kriv is near the controls and sees that the four handwheels and four levers have half-rotten labels and color-coded handles, which are probably quite obvious to a professional, but he's not a sewer professional.

Sindar stands just inside the doorway with Jaliera in the corridor behind him and Bern remaining in the sewer. Jaliera, now blind on her own as she peers out through Whisper's eyes, capable of seeing in the absolute darkness. Bern stands guard in the rear. He finds that he needs to use his coin for light but realizes that he cannot shoot an arrow without light and that would require three hands.

Through Whisper's eyes, Jaliera sees the what the druid sees. There's a large pool surrounded by a slick walkway. Davraor is moving up the walkway to the west. She can see that he's approaching a natural cave-like area has puddles of murky water, muck and waste.

OOC: I did my best to place you all. You'll need to pull out some skills if you want any more information. Whatever skill you try, please provide me with your rolls. Since it's tough to see character labels, aside from Davroar and Whisper, the rest of you are situated like this:
Code
       Bern
     Jaliera
      Sindar
Kriv    Zhu    Arus   

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Neptune; Tue 06/07/21 17:20 UTC.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

Having stepped into the room, she spots a bag sitting on the table. Leaving the body and the levers to the others to check she examines the bag, opening it if she sees nothing suspicious about it.

Perception (Wis)
Zhuirentel Elendaril

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Here's a long shot, Nep. From Arus's previous experience with the Ooze Tomb of the Oathbreaker, could he deduce anything from the skeleton? Could it give him an advantage on an Investigation check perhaps? As a player I'm getting an oozy vibe from this corpse! grin ]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Metagaming avoidance is a noble pursuit weg

-Nep
Page 12 of 49 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,862
Posts141,475
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy