Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Barry Mulvihill), 25 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 49 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 48 49
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Well subterfuge is not going to help then. I think we have to assume that she does not mean us harm but does not want to be seen. That may mean there are enemies about. Maybe we should consider archers on the roof as added protection. Doesn't need us all to talk."

She smiles at the others.

"How did things go with you? I have learned that gambling does not really appeal. Perhaps Arus can tell you what he learned?"

She starts to examine the building, looking for a way to get to the roof.

M
M
<Bern>

"I will take my bow onto the roof", he said welcoming the escape from all the talking.

MikeD
AJ Offline
Kriv

“We did not learn as much as I would have liked, and our faces are now known to them. So, let’s get to this rendezvous post-haste.”

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He strolls up to Bern, Davroar and their wilderness scout. They seem to have kept themselves entertained yet alert, and not a drop of alcohol between them. Good, they might need to shoot straight!

"We made contact with the lady in the purple dress. Lady Atalia. She reads mind and might control them too.

"She asked us to follow her from the docks, for secret talks."

Arus looks at the assembled party.

"Be on your guard. All we know is that she's the last thing Lord Artan remembers about his ordeal. Her role in it is unclear.

"She may look harmless in that dress but if she can turn one of us into her weapon, that would be a difficult fight."

Yartar's docks are notoriously shady. At this time of night it's unlikely anyone they encounter will be wholesome.

"Let's be about it."

If everyone's ready, he will head out after the lady in purple dress.

Administrator
Online Content
Administrator
Davroar

"Nice to see you back on dry-land, Jaliera. I'd think I would have lost my share of the mine if I dared to try gambling with dice and games. Guess we'll soon see what this noble lady wants..."

The darkness hides most of the trepidation on his face as he falls in to go see Lady Atalia. The last thing he wants is to be mind-controlled.

Last edited by Dugan; Wed 16/06/21 05:46 UTC.
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She is in two minds and so asks her question again.

"Bern and I on the roof with bows?"

M
M
<Bern>

He turned from his 'preps' to climb to look to the others.

"Don't know enough about what we =might= be facing to offer a 'good plan'. But I =will= say that I am not sure that two above to cover one below is ... probably not the best plan ... at least for the one left below", he said with a wink.

MikeD
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

"Getting the high ground is good instinct," Arus says to Jaliera and Bern, "but right now we do not know if there'll be any rooves where she leads us. She might well lead us indoors."

Arus starts walking.

"Keep a lookout for good vantage points though. You never know, you might find them already occupied."

M
M
<Bern>

He shrugged and turned to follow Arus.

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Zindra

She had moved off to the side, to keep an eye on the woman. She could see her and Zindra said to the others. "I don't know how long she's willing to wait there. She looks like she's considering taking off."

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - From everyone's post it sounded like we were headed directly to her, other than a couple climbing.)

Administrator
Online Content
Administrator
Davroar

He does not want to hold up the group either so will follow Arus.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She nods and moves along with the others but sends Whisper aloft to watch out for any potential ambush.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
The group decides to confront the woman together. They turn the corner and she's there. She looks frazzled.

"You should know that I am risking my life. And so are you," she says.

-Nep
AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn noble merely nodded.

"That goes with the territory, so to speak. We appreciate you doing this, I suspect we might be able to help mitigate the risk for us both, particularly the more we know about it."

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

He nods in agreement with Kriv.

"Speak." He says to Lady Atalia as casually as if they were stood at a bar.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She is happy to let Kriv and Arus handle the conversation but she is wondering why the lady insisted everyone attend if she wanted to keep a low profile. That would have been Jaliera's choice. Maybe she figures the more of them, the more protection she has? Jaliera just doesn't buy it.

Regardless she is best occupied keeping watch and between her and Whisper, they make a good team. Jaliera keeps the building they are next too under scrutiny also. If this is a set up, then that is a likely source of trouble.

[OOC Although they couldn't take weapons on board, would the others have something we could each use, even if only a dagger? ]

M
M
[[ Bern has a rapier and a dagger. Does she want to ask about borrowing one of them? ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Lady Atalia

"Yes. I was involved in young Lord Artan's abduction. I have no choice. I am being forced to do Oosith's bidding and while he lives, I cling to life on a thin thread. Even as we speak, I am in peril. If you want this to end, you must go to where I take the lads and find Oosith. But you will need your weapons."

She turns to Jaliera, "I insisted that you all come here together because it will take all of you to defeat Oosith." Clearly, Jaliera hadn't spoken her words. Lady Atalia must have read her thoughts.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"Who is Oosith?" She asks, having never heard the name. "What makes him so dangerous and why is he abducting Lordlings?" She continues with some questions.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Lady Atalia
"I don't know what he wants with them. I just do as I'm told. He showed up a few weeks ago. He was a dashing man," she lowers her head. "Tall. Handsome. Has a mustache as black as I've learned his heart is. I need to be free of him. I'm scared but we can help each other. I can show you where I bring the young lords."

-Nep
AJ Offline
Kriv

He visualised the cocoon in which they found Lord Artan, its strange nature, the horrific skin affliction.

Oosith. Doesn't sound like a very human name, not that I'd profess familiarity with every strain of your ilk. What safeguards are in place at the location you intend to bring us?

"Getting our weapons and gear won't be too much of a delay."

Kriv recalled the Glasstaff to hand with a thought, that being the more inconspicuous of his attuned armaments.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Lady Atalia

"Then I suggest you do that with haste. A delivery is expected now. If you have interest in solving this, meet me at the Wink and the Kiss when you are ready. And those of you who are ready now, can join me there while your friends prepare. That way you have eyes on me. I can tell that you're suspicious. I don't blame you. But we have a common objective, regardless of why. For you, it's money. For me, it's my life. I'm a gambler. I'm waging that you'll succeed in freeing me from my tormentor."

-Nep
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

"We have eyes in the sky. They'll track your progress. We'll meet you at the Wink and Kiss at half-past."

Jaliera has Whisper the Owl, and Davroar can shapeshift. Between those two Arus is confident they can keep an adequate eye on Atalia.

"Tell me though, thou wantest us armed for battle. What exactly awaits at the festhall?"

Arus will be pleased if it is a shot-caller, no matter how tough a foe they are. But turning up to a festhall dressed to kill might be messy.

Administrator
Online Content
Administrator
Davroar

He is armed and ready to go, but did not return to their shared room at the Inn to bring Jaliera's weapons and gear since they came here right after drinks at the Cointoss tavern. He will step forward and volunteer after Lady Atalia's suggestion, saying, "I'll go with the Lady now..."

Arus's question about what to expect at the Wink and Kiss is a good one though. While he has an idea what to expect at the Wink and Kiss since he was there last night, he might reconsider not going unless Kriv and Bern will come along too.

Page 9 of 49 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 48 49

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Pandemonium
Pandemonium
Oregon USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,860
Posts141,453
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy