Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 51 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
AJ Offline
Kriv

Having said he'd fill Zhu in en route, he clarified, still keeping his volume soft,

"This is the nature of the Water Baron's recent troubles. She's the lover in this rather unfortunate triangle. The man's name was Kaidrod Palyr, with the accusations of murder getting levelled at the Water Baron subsequent to an argument with Palyr's wife, but prior to the revelation of infidelity. It would be a bad idea to raise these issues directly in the Water Baron's presence, she does not wish to speak of it and would likely see those that invoked it, fared poorly. All of the details are not known, there are those pointing the finger at the Hand of Yartar but nothing substantiated. As for connections to that excuse for a scion, it could be part of a wider campaign against the nobility as Jaliera alluded to."

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He will stick with Jaliera and asks, "So, I guess we ask around the caravan drivers about the giants?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"We are going to wander around town to see what we can find out. You are welcome to come with us Sindar."

She smiles at him.

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"Hmmm", she nods at the added details. "Thank you for the warning. It could indeed be part of a larger plot to destabilize the power structure here. Determining who stands to gain is usually the best place to start looking for culprits."

"By the way, did you know this before, or did you learn this sitting in the Inn waiting for us? Maybe we would be better served just sitting around eating and drinking all day?" She chuckles.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He hurries after Zhu and the dragon born.

AJ Offline
Kriv

"As I said, I do not spend my time idly. I took the various leads we accrued last night and saw if I could expand upon them further with the morning crowd. Mixed results, but on the whole not unsuccessful. It's more that we're not going to get to the bottom of any of this walking through town, looking for, and talking to, our own little group alone."

The dragonborn paused and glanced back, seeing Sindar approach.

"Another for the Water Baron delegation, is it? All right, from the top..."

Kriv reiterated his words with Zhu to the latecomer, at a suitably discreet volume.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc: To be clear, since it's obvious to your characters, any report about "giants" that you've heard were likely spread by guards and drivers from YOUR caravan about your encounters with fire giants in Triboar and hill giants on the way to Yartar. Basically, your exploits are being talked about. Isn't fun to be the rumor?

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She shrugs. Perhaps Sindar didn't hear her. Unless somehow she offended him in some way.

Turning to Davroar, she smiles, pleased to be spending some more time alone with him.

"So try the market first?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: Player completely missed it. I was reacting to the "your character is not going to do anything productive" post, so tried to pick one of the two groups that Sindar might be useful.]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM
The group actually leaves together. All of their destinations lie in the same direction. They walk down the street towards the Fishyard. As they get to the edge of it, Arus points to the right and indicates that they are standing right outside Waterbaron Hall. Kriv, Zhu and Sindar had indicated they they were going to try and meet with the Waterbaron herself. and that he's headed further down that way to the Lionshield Coster where Arus and Bern hoped to meet up with a contact from the Hand of Yartar. Jaliera and Davroar were going to mill about and perhaps go from shop to shop to see what they could learn.

OOC: I'm going to create 3 separate threads and here's a map showing where everyone other that Jaliera and Davroar are headed. Before we do that, you can change your destination...

Attached Images
Y3.jpg (173.24 KB, 302 downloads)
Last edited by Neptune; Wed 10/02/21 17:44 UTC.

-Nep
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Neptune explained but I always prefer to react in character. Not a problem, won't start a feud! grin I'm OK with our plan if Davroar is? smile ]

M
M
[[ bern is working with Arus, so nothing that needs 'adjusting' on =MY= part ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
ok. That sounds good.

-Nep
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Sounds like everyone is set, pending Sindar choosing.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Gypsy
Member Spotlight
TennesseeMaiden
TennesseeMaiden
Tiptonville, TN
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,844
Posts140,753
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy