Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Message Gaming
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Angrboða, Dugan), 2 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games List
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Games List.
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Discussion
Sun 22/09/19 06:12 UTC
Thank you everyone. I had a nice day, visiting my Mom and brothers.
9 34 Read More
YTZ: Yahtzee!
Sat 21/09/19 20:18 UTC
Turn 32

Roll 1 - 6,5,3,4,5 Reroll 6,3,4
Roll 2 - 2,2,3---- Reroll 2,2,3
Roll 3 - 6,6,5

5,5,5,6,6 - 3oK, Column 2.
12 751 Read More
Sat 21/09/19 20:12 UTC
Turn 8

Roll 1 - 5,3,5,5,2 Reroll 2,3
Roll 2 - 4,3------ Reroll 4,3
Roll 3 - 2,3

2,3,5,5,5 - 5s up top...
18 245 Read More
Sat 21/09/19 20:08 UTC
I'll do my best to get something done today or tomorrow, Gypsy. My wife's been sick and that has slowed me down.
287 347,144 Read More
ACR: ACRO
Sat 21/09/19 13:05 UTC
PM’d.

Mackey! Welcome back.
7 43 Read More
6 Takes
Sat 21/09/19 11:18 UTC
Round 3 Turn 2

TURN START POSITION
Code
 START                          BUST   CURRENT
 CARD                           ROW    ROW TOTAL
   V                             V
 -----------------------------------
|     |     |     |     |     |  x  |   
|   2 |   5 |     |     |     | xxx |     3
|     |  *2 |     |     |     |  x  |
|  38 |     |     |     |     | xxx |     1
|  71 |     |     |     |     | xxx |     1
|  78 |  91 |  92 | 100 |     | xxx |     6
|     |     |     |  *3 |     |  x  |  

Play in order of lowest card first:

Argus 7
AJ 8
Aqua 39
Exeter 79
Weez 101

Argus & AJ had similar thoughts, both deciding to ditch low cards. smile

Everyone else spreads out! Aqua on row 2, Exeter on row 3 and Weez filling up row 4. grin

Next choices via PM please.
2 33 Read More
TOG: Target & Other Games
Sat 21/09/19 10:37 UTC
Given the letters below, can you come up with words made from these letters. Letters may not be used more than once unless they appear more than once in the list. Words must have at least 3 letters, no proper names, abbreviations or foreign words allowed but plurals are! And to reach your target your answer must contain at least one word using all the letters provided.

A E F L M S

Target number of words:
Good = 15 - 19
Very good = 20 - 24
Excellent = 25 - 29
Perfect = 30

PM or email your answers to me and I will provide the definitive answer on Friday. smile
0 6 Read More
TOG: Target & Other Games
Sat 21/09/19 10:35 UTC
Answers:

ink. ire, irk, inert, inter
ken, kin, kit, kite, knit, kitten, knitter
net, nit
ret, rein, rent, rink, rite
ten, tie, tin, tit, tent, tern, tier, tine, tint, tire, trek, trite, tinker, trinket
4 25 Read More
Fri 20/09/19 22:29 UTC
<Tedted bows not quite so humbly>
4 33 Read More
General Discussion
Fri 20/09/19 11:50 UTC
Oooo ... you are soo lucky!! I saw them in 71 or 72. Awesome show!
3 64,470 Read More
SKT: The Storm King's Thunder
Fri 20/09/19 11:28 UTC
Kriv

Quietly and discreetly, Kriv almost casually turned his palm face up and mentioned,

“Word from on high is that certain individuals...” At this he tapped his insignia ring twice with his thumb talon, in Sildar’s line of sight alone, “...May be being targeted by them. Discretion is advised, but getting ahead of any threats of that magnitude will be lucrative. We should probably discuss this between ourselves in the near future, if clarity is needed.”
23 166 Read More
HWD: The Heartwood
Fri 20/09/19 02:41 UTC
Lord Protector, Her Ladyship Verchovai Daxia Yurisdotter
[Daxia serves DAYALA... the GM ESPECIALLY should get this right]

Dazi studied her grandmother for a handful of breaths.

“Ha. Kisa say same. Family in heart, maybe not in blood. So. Yah, Morning Star, Kisa, rapscallion scamp brother-friend Dominie, Eastern sister-friend Romana, Hunter, Jvrillian, Squire, even foster mother Kassia! And Wuff sister, Broke! Fae Lyric, Card Reader Keiko, Mouse Tomomi... friends.”

Tilting her head to one side, Daxia considered the odd circumstances of Lyric’s life. The not-so-young minstrel could benefit from feeling like she was part of a family as much as Dazi had. And maybe it would sneak up on her, too... just like it had for the Dayalan. She smiled as she looked up at the sky.

“Yah. Family big... diverse, strange, complicated, Dayalans, not Dayalans. All good.”

And then she looked at her grandmother again, an expression on her face that no one had seen since she was very small.

“Nice, too, meeting cousins and grandmother.”

And it was nice. She’d always felt like there were missing places in her life where her parents had been — places that got smaller and smaller as she got older and expanded her circle of friends. Maybe she would never stop missing Mama and Papa — in fact, she probably wouldn’t — but Krysta’s priestess had assured her that their souls were content. Dazi could fill up her life with good friends to make the pain of missing them decrease.

The Dayalan priestess shrugged then at the Starwatcher’s assessment of Karina. Karina was Karina was Karina, and couldn’t possibly be anyone other than who she was. The High Priestess was concerned with a very small piece of the world — Dawnview Vale.

“Better Dazi be troublemaker than do-nothing person. More interesting, yah? Unicorns like troublemakers.”

Then came time for a lesson.

“This?” she said, crouching beside the Starwatcher. “World and mountain. World less furry with Forest now. Keiko say mountains are sleeping dragons.”

She nodded... that had made as much sense as anything else Dazi had learned in her life.

“So. Always here with World are Dragons, Unicorns. Unicorn sisters make mischief, even more than Dom Dominie. Time, keeping Time going? Good game. No wonder Morning Star’s sisters like it.”

She watched the white unicorn leap out of the Forest run and trot off to... elsewhere. Elsewhen?

“Time not work on World if World not like Time. Sister unicorns like game of Time.”

She tapped the ground in front of her.

“Don’t wake sleeping dragon. More dangerous than bears.”
12 115 Read More
SKT: The Storm King's Thunder
Thu 19/09/19 23:13 UTC
An important word about the factions.

There is a terrible risk of metagaming. It'll be important to play as if your PCs don't know as much as you know. I certainly waffled about even playing out the factions but factions provide a real opportunity to build character depth.

What do your PC's know?

Not much really yet. Some factions are bold and open. The Lord's Alliance and the Order of the Gauntlet are pretty open about who their agents are. The other factions are closed about who they are. So Jaliera, Davroar, Bern and Ryssa's affiliations are secret.

There's conflict and competition between some of the factions too. What is in the interest of one faction may not in the interest of the other. That's why we went PM to start.

And as far as citizens of Phandelver, they have NO clue about each other's affiliations.

Therefore, Exeter, please amend your latest post. I should have made this clearer from the start. Sorry.
138 1,135 Read More
Thu 19/09/19 21:02 UTC
OOC comment:

Nin is "no"

Ja is "yes"

Niz is short for Nizhentska!

<< for future reference, ja? >>
1,422 2,487,479 Read More
Thu 19/09/19 18:20 UTC
Lyric

The Minstrel was caught off-guard to hear the whispered word and she turned to watch the children withdrawing from her. Was that fear? fear of her? or fear of...

Lyric looked up from them to Niz, stalking forward from atop the long table. She had a considerable height advantage and malice in her eyes. Lyric took a half step back herself. fear of Niz? Lyric flinched at the first errant piece of food thrown at her. The woman's anguish and anger were palpable and wholly focused on Lyric. She could feel it in her spirit. Lyric held her ground after that, hoping the objects being thrown would hit her. Not that she deserved it in and of herself. She didn't. But a representative of her people, in the face of this woman's anger and pain, it could have served some purpose in allowing her the satisfaction of venting her emotions. If Nin truly wanted to hurt her or anyone, she could. There were plenty of solid objects, sharp ones too, that she could wield and throw. And, if Lyric didn't want to be struck, Nin would never be able to touch her. But, what would any of that accomplish. Lyric only used that magic for battle and that was an aspect of her that she did not much care for at all. When it was needed, she use it. When a friend's life was in danger... when the Pack faced overwhelming odds with a greater mission hanging on their success at keeping the Dwarves from reaching the next room... When the Pack committed itself to a sacrifice because there was no way to turn the Dwarves back, but only delay them.... When the Pack accepted that the greater good of giving their lives so that others of their kind might see just one sunrise and one sunset outweighed their own desires to live... Lyric chose to change fate. Lyric used THAT magic because she had friends who believed in her, trusted her, and even loved her. She had never felt these emotions. If she had, she had forgotten them a long time ago.

She would use that magic again for the lives of any of her friends now... But never to avoid the consequences of things she deserved to face, or things her people deserved to face. So she stood her ground and listened to the story and accepted the woman's anger and her ill-aimed wrath.

It hurt to feel the anger though. There was no way to take any of the 'crimes' back. The Fae had done a terrible thing out of their own selfishness and fear and defiance... or whatever it was that caused her elders to steal a magic that wasn't there own. They had become the monsters out of nightmares, reinforced by arrogance in the belief that their Immortality made them superior, better than, above others, with the right to do as they pleased with any one and any thing that was not them. And sometimes to do it with those that were them...

Keiko slipped from her side and boldly confronted the Snow Folk Storyteller. Lyric tried to reach out to stop her. But there were few things that could stop keiko when she decided to do something. Bekkah then stepped up beside her to fill the void. The Priestess was usually so quiet and introspective, an observe of the world, that it surprised her a little. Not because Bekkah didn't care, she certainly did. But that she recognized that Lyric needed reassurance that she wasn't the sum of all evil right now. She let the outstretched hand fall a ways and then she offered it for bekkah to take in her own. With her other hand she reached for Tomomi's little Mouseness hand.

(OOC: I will hold here so as not to muddy the waters with more voices)
11 76 Read More
Thu 19/09/19 10:48 UTC
Well done Aqua! Like my result better! grin
2 23 Read More
Thu 19/09/19 00:59 UTC
And from Mackey...

SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!
TWO!!!!!!
Honorable mention to one
8 52 Read More
6 Takes
Wed 18/09/19 12:46 UTC
Round 2 Turn 10

TURN START POSITION
Code
|  29 |  31 |  44 |  51 |  60 | xxx |    11
|     |     |  *5 |     |  *3 |  x  | 
|   9 |  22 |  27 |  28 |  75 | xxx |    10
|     |  *5 |     |     |  *2 |  x  |
|  37 |  46 |  58 |  76 |  77 | xxx |    9
|     |     |     |     |  *5 |  x  |
|  66 |  67 |  83 |  85 |  86 | xxx |    10
|  *5 |     |     |  *2 |     |  x  |  

Play in order of lowest card first:

Exeter 32
Weez 36
Aqua 50*3
Argus 87
AJ 93

This time AJ slips to the end of the batting order. This makes a difference in several places! wink

Exeter goes first. He busts row 3 for 9 points. sad Weez & Aqua follow along happily! grin

Both AJ & Argus have been putting off playing their highest card with good reason. However it has paid off for AJ as Argus has to bust first, taking row 4 for 10 points sad , AJ following on. smile

RESULTS END OF ROUND 2

Weez = 9 points grin (0 points this round!)
Argus = 16 points smile (10 points this round)
Aqua = 25 points (9 points this round)
Exeter = 26 points (17 points this round)
AJ = 36 points sad (19 points this round)
14 137 Read More
Message Gaming Centre
Wed 18/09/19 12:09 UTC
GDR & RGK have closed permanently
2 27,502 Read More
6 Takes
Wed 18/09/19 07:44 UTC
Code
|  38 |  42 |  50 |  56 |  61 | xxx |      7
|     |     |  *3 |     |     |  x  |      
|   1 |  35 |  60 |  81 |     | xxx |      7
|     |  *2 |  *3 |     |     |  x  |      
|   5 |   8 |  82 |  85 |  94 | xxx |      7
|  *2 |     |     |  *2 |     |  x  |      
|  88 |  90 |  93 |  99 | 103 | xxx |      15
|  *5 |  *3 |     |  *5 |     |  x  |      

Order of Play:
  • AJ - 30
  • Weez - 53
  • Gypsy - 55
  • Argus - 59
  • Exeter - 63

It's turn 7, and there are three 7-point rows. Anyone feeling lucky?

Three strategies apply. Play low with an almost sure bust, but control over row choice and the chance to get rid of a low card. Play high, above one of the rows, also likely busting, but likely producing a 1-point row for an intentional later round bust. Or play in the middle and take your chances.

AJ ends up low enough to have his choice of rows, and picks Row 3. Weez, Gypsy, and Argus follow behind. Exeter probably wishes AJ had chosen Row 1, and instead joins AJ in taking 7 points.

I don't predict that Row 2 will last long.
7 91 Read More
TOG: Neverending Movie Chain
Tue 17/09/19 20:45 UTC
I only know a couple of other actors in this one, but...

Memoirs of a Geisha
112 791 Read More
Films/TV etc
Tue 17/09/19 18:57 UTC
I deny it absolutely!!! <g>
9 66 Read More
Films/TV etc
Mon 16/09/19 18:08 UTC
Thanks. Just wanted to be sure. I see this a lot in American shows ... sometimes they 'warp' the locals ... other times they are relatively 'honest'. I guess it is mostly about the 'atmosphere' they are trying to create for the show. But not having any 'first hand contact' with the UK (other than friends here <wink>) I was just trying to put it in perspective. Like I said, I =do= like the show, but didn't wanna get the wrong idea based on the 'fictitious' setting of the show <g>
5 40 Read More
Mon 16/09/19 16:18 UTC
Sorry I totally flaked on this. sad
9 70 Read More
General Discussion
Mon 16/09/19 15:05 UTC
Happy Birthday! smile
2 34 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Newest Members
Rae, jixiaolanhe, Altumarret, Quantumphear, LadyJinx
140 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,457
Posts206,020
Members140
Most Online206
Nov 4th, 2012
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Message Gaming. DreamLyrics Message Gaming does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy