Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Message Gaming
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Don, KenSeg), 1 guest and 31 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games List
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Games List.
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
LMP: Lost Mines of Phandelver
Tue 19/02/19 01:56 UTC
You can get closer, but remember that you're a traveling globe of light.
1,612 114,341 Read More
Films/TV etc
Tue 19/02/19 01:04 UTC
Just watched the first episode last night with my beloved. I think we agreed that we both liked it - but that there was something missing. Maybe not enough spark between the characters, etc. It didn't quite hook her like Jessica Jones -- but that's just because she is JJ at heart!

I see that the story will develop a little more. We like that it has that "Royal Tenenbaums" feel to it.

And LOVE that soundtrack!
14 94 Read More
HWD: The Heartwood
Mon 18/02/19 23:46 UTC
The Heartwood
Dawnview Vale
Snowgate Keep Main Hall
Hasday, the Twelfth Day of Tiger

Bekkah, Cesare, Daxia, Lyric, Eleni, Kisa, Nadya, Slink, and Tomomi

Of course, back at the Keep's main hall, the person holding that big book straight up refused to let it down upon the presentation of the last gift. Not that the hidden one's identity was unpredictable, but as Daxia well knew, Kisa was indeed using the book as a shield. It was a shield to prevent everyone else from seeing a very noble blush...

...because the something that had been set beside her book was a pair of mittens matching Daxia's.

As the collection of returning travelers settled down to eat, the evening's repast of venison was set before them. Anatoli proved as capable of being unobtrusive to them as he was to his liege. His liege, however, crossed her arms, looked up at her mentor, and proceeded to share her thoughts without taking a single breath.

"Ja, ja, ja. I know how to add my numbers and subtract them, and multiply them out for the months ahead and — when my head isn't spinning and drowning under this number and that number — balance it against the costs of keeping the Keep running, of making sure that TeeCee gets her stipend so she can pay Slink for sleeping, the cooks can buy food — we have new kitchen kittens to feed — Anatoli can buy a cloak for himself because he keeps loaning his to me, keep the militia strong, pay tithes to the Temple — say when was the last time the Temple ever do anything good for us — pay for rice and seeds, and buy grain and oats from the Kories. But you never tell me how much it costs a farmer to work his field and feed his family, pay his share of the village horse, and still have enough to get something nice for the folks they care for come Midwinters and Midsummers. How can I know if I'm a good Noble or a wise Noble if I don't know that and, and, and what did you just say?"

Suddenly the younger Khorall's attention had swung to Daxia.

"Oh my! You mean like when she went away last night?

"Oh me!

"Oh my.

"Kisa, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Slowly peeked her head over the big book, her head tilted. And slowly she nodded.

"The Marrenens may have just lost their monopoly on their information trade."

It was a practical and pragmatic reading of a straightforward pattern, to which Eleni's eyes went wide, her two fists slammed down on the table, before she reached for a basket, took out a warm dinner roll and threw it with all her might at her sister.

"NIN!

"It means Mice must be PROTECTED!"

Kisa didn't even flinch. Eleni's aim was horrible. Bekkah would have to think very fast to not get hit in the head by an errant dinner roll. That didn't, however, stop Kisa from nodding.

"You are correct."

It was a simple acknowledgment and perfect example of the two Allaine sisters working together. One so quickly discerned the over-arching impact of an important event, how it would affect the Keeps, the Churches, and the powers that shaped their world. The other saw straight through to how people would see it.

"Mice are people. We can't let them become tools."

It was Tomomi's turn for her eyes to go wide. That this would be a real person's first thought meant that maybe, just maybe, she was indeed a real person too.

"Miss Tomomi Mouse."

Eleni turned her attention to her young guest.

"I would beg a favor. And the first important thing you need to know about favors is that you can say no. The second most important thing you need to know is that if you do a favor for House Allaine, House Allaine will now owe you a favor. Fair is fair. I will not command a guest in our lands.

"If you would, might you deliver a message to the Corliss Manor House?"

Caught for a moment off balance, Tomomi was silent for a handful of heartbeats. Then she reached up and drew up her cloak's patchwork hood. She became a Mouse ready for traveling.

"For you, Miss Eleni, doing so would give me great worth."

Tearing a page from her book, Eleni scrawled several lines of text, folded the paper and reached to the side. Anatoli handed her a candle, and she dropped several large dollops of wax on it, holding the makeshift missive closed as she imprinted her ring into the seal. Then she handed it to Tomomi.

The Mouse took a few steps backward and was gone.

"That was a good thought, Dazi. I hope I never abuse it."
0 5 Read More
Mon 18/02/19 23:44 UTC
The Heartwood
Dawnview Vale
Snowgate Market
Hasday, the Twelfth Day of Tiger

Bekkah, Cesare, Daxia, Lyric, Tomomi, and the Tailors

Tomomi wrinkled her nose, her long whiskers going this way and that.

"No one told me about armor or horses and all that!"

Her head tilted as she considered the conflicting requirements.

"Well, the Pack, they pull their tunics over their armor; you just have to get it cut real loose and all. As for horses, all the Horses I know wear full tunics like everyone else. Well except for riding horses and all. We don't see them except for Market Day, as riding horses and the Pack don't get along too well."

As Tomomi fell silent, the tailor spoke up.

"Oh, for riding? You just slit the tunics up — back, front, and sides — and make quarter panels. Most folks usually have a tunic made just for that, 'cause otherwise, well, there may be seen a bare ankle or two, and that'd be not very proper for the lady-folk."

As the quest for new clothes was for just that, without qualification for fighting or riding, the terms of completion were met. Thus, as all good heroes would, they received their just rewards. For some, it was amusing, as Cesare pointed out; for some it was practical. But for all, to use a very apt turn of phrase, their rewards were well fitting.

Tomomi could not help but smile as she followed the others up the long road to the Keep.

Lyric’s skipping and twirling as they walked was better thanks than any spoken words.
26 139 Read More
TFS: The Fading Suns
Mon 18/02/19 22:42 UTC
Jump to new posts Re: OOC [by MikeD]
Well if you would quit kissing Exeter ... <chuckle>

He just posted that he 'had it too' ... so there was no way I could ignore an opportunity like that <g>

Feel better soon ... and quit kissing Ex <gd&r>
591 580,340 Read More
NDT: Night's Dark Terror
Mon 18/02/19 22:26 UTC
He posted that he was 'under the weather' ... so I guess it was helpful <g>
175 1,488 Read More
General Discussion
Mon 18/02/19 22:22 UTC
SLACKER!!!

<chuckle> You are not the only one. Hmmmmm ... I am not sure if you gave it to Muddy ... or he gave it to you <snicker>
4 61,965 Read More
NDT: Night's Dark Terror
Mon 18/02/19 21:00 UTC
[Ghosted for Exeter]

Erenbren

It was a reflex more than anything, letting slip the aurochs spirit and reverting to his Hin form, even as he was crashing down onto Zachariah. And thank goodness, 50 pounds of Hin hurt a lot less than one and a half ton of aurochs, so his rider survived.

Standing in the rain, Erenbren saw the older boy struggling with his shoulder and heard the goblin pursuit. Once, he would have called the situation dire, but considering it was an improvement over a minute previous, he had to say he was optimistic.

Nodding, he took a knee next to Zachariah and breathed deeply.

"Move we shall, Zachariah." He said, reaching out and gripping the swordsman's ankle.

What hunter-prey energy Erenbren had accumulated, he channelled into Zachariah, firing it straight up into the injured shoulder and hoping the impact of the healing would reseat the joint.

The druid concentrated on Faerie though. In this rocky, rain-soaked ruin, could he find an elven pony spirit in Faerie and summon it into him?
55 296 Read More
NML: Call of Cthulhu - The Horror of No Man’s Land
Mon 18/02/19 17:48 UTC
Folks as with FS - apologies for my recent absence, I and most of my family have been struck down with a particularly virulent flu strain and I’ve been fighting that a chest infection and now a bad back to boot.

I will try to do smaller posts one at a time rather than the big blocks I normally try but my I can’t guarantee they will be outstanding.
148 54,410 Read More
ACR: ACRO
Mon 18/02/19 16:41 UTC
PM sent
[Linked Image]

All We Are Is Dust In The Wind
4 29 Read More
Mon 18/02/19 16:41 UTC
Yeah- loving Dragon Prince. Fish and I binged season 1- season 2 going a little slower- just a couple episodes a day right now because free time has not been in sufficient quantity where both of us can sit down and watch together.
1,392 2,099,593 Read More
6 Takes
Sun 17/02/19 11:36 UTC
Round 1 Turn 1

TURN START POSITION
Code
 START                          BUST   CURRENT
 CARD                           ROW    ROW TOTAL
   V                             V
 -----------------------------------
|     |     |     |     |     |  x  |
|  26 |     |     |     |     | xxx |     1
|  30 |     |     |     |     | xxx |     3
|  *3 |     |     |     |     |  x  |
|  47 |     |     |     |     | xxx |     1
|  56 |     |     |     |     | xxx |     1

Play in order of lowest card first:

Weez 4
Aqua 11*5
Argus 33*5
Exeter 94
AJ 101

Getting to be a habit now that Weez plays low the first round, ditching her 4 for a first round bust of row 3 for that 1 point. Not a bad strategy! grin Aqua thought so too but was late to the party wink Not sure he is too worried by that.

Argus plays his 33*5 as intended but a row higher. smile

And Exeter and AJ join forces on row 4. wink

Next choices via PM please.
1 21 Read More
TOG: Neverending Movie Chain
Sun 17/02/19 07:19 UTC
Rolled the dice one to many times for me, I never even heard of this movie. At first glance I thought it was Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, now that I have seen. Luckily I looked at it twice before playing Gary Oldman.

Maybe someone else knows it.

Lurkers?

302 1,384 Read More
6 Takes
Sun 17/02/19 06:23 UTC
Order of Play:
  • AJ - 43
  • Weez - 47
  • Exeter - 67
  • Gypsy - 80
  • Argus - 97

The two spots on Row 2 are an illusion... nobody can play there.

Or can they? AJ edges out Weez for the low card on the walk down, with Exeter and Gypsy following along. And since Row 3 is the lowest point row, AJ taking those 5 points opens up those two spots on the old Row 2 for someone to land safely in! Argus seemed to know the spot would be open and sticks a perfect landing!

Code
 START                          BUST   CURRENT
 CARD                           ROW    ROW TOTAL
   V                             V
|  43 |  47 |  67 |  80 |     | xxx |      6
|     |     |     |  *3 |     |  x  |      
|   4 |  30 |  51 |  54 |  84 | xxx |      7
|     |  *3 |     |     |     |  x  |      
|  66 |  82 |  85 |  97 |     | xxx |      9
|  *5 |     |  *2 |     |     |  x  |      
|  77 |  79 |  96 |  99 | 103 | xxx |      13
|  *5 |     |     |  *5 |     |  x  |      
8 85 Read More
YTZ: Yahtzee!
Sat 16/02/19 15:41 UTC
KenSeg - Turn 2

Roll 1 - 2,3,3,4,5 (3)
Roll 2 - 1

Large Straight
6 29 Read More
Game Forum Requests
Sat 16/02/19 10:51 UTC
Yep! wink
37 194 Read More
Help
Sat 16/02/19 10:50 UTC
Now it is! grin
4 33 Read More
Fri 15/02/19 19:29 UTC
How'd that happen? eek

OK new one coming soon.
1 15 Read More
Message Gaming Centre
Fri 15/02/19 19:07 UTC
I have never played Banestorm as a setting, played a bunch of Gurps, though 3rd edition or earlier. Heck played in your Highlander game though you helped me build the character. smile

Interest order, though up for anything.
Spire - made me go look at it, and buy the PDF. I am intrigued.
OTE - Got the latest edition as part of the Kickstarter, and have 2nd edition as well. Though as you pointed out, the characters are the key piece. The system is so nice and light though... smile
Banestorm
AD & D - oh yeah! How can one go wrong with a classic dungeon crawl?
7 116 Read More
Fri 15/02/19 18:15 UTC
Gypsy's Turn 9

Code
3 2 5 4 3 -- Reroll 2 5 4
4 5 5 ------ Reroll 4 5 5
6 1 3

Score: 13336

Three 3s please! smile
22 180 Read More
Fri 15/02/19 18:09 UTC
Well I got points rolleyes

Well done Argus smile
20 278 Read More
Fri 15/02/19 17:35 UTC
All voted! Thanks! smile
11 52 Read More
TOG: Target & Other Games
Fri 15/02/19 16:56 UTC
Given the letters below, can you come up with words made from these letters. Letters may not be used more than once unless they appear more than once in the list. Words must have at least 3 letters, no proper names, abbreviations or foreign words allowed but plurals are! And to reach your target your answer must contain at least one word using all the letters provided.

A G H N T U Y

Target number of words:
Good = 17 - 22
Very good = 23 - 27
Excellent = 28 - 32
Perfect = 33

PM or email your answers to me and I will provide the definitive answer on Friday. smile
0 6 Read More
TOG: Target & Other Games
Fri 15/02/19 16:54 UTC
Answers:

are, art, ate
ear. eat, era, ere, earth, eater, ether
hat, her, hare, hart, hate, hear, heat, here, hater, heart, heater
rat, ret, rate, rhea, reheat
tar, tea, tee, the, tare, tear, tree, there, three
4 21 Read More
6 Takes
Fri 15/02/19 16:54 UTC
Thanks. smile
16 106 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Newest Members
Altumarret, Quantumphear, LadyJinx, ChrisW, Wolfwyr
138 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums105
Topics2,412
Posts203,261
Members138
Most Online206
Nov 4th, 2012
February
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Message Gaming. DreamLyrics Message Gaming does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy