Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Angrboða), 11 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games List
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Games List.
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
ACR: ACRO
Tue 07/07/20 06:51 UTC
I think I only had about 7 the last time I dealt. So fun to have so many more players!
9 57 Read More
NMC: Neverending Movie Chain
Tue 07/07/20 06:38 UTC
John Ratzenberger grin

(I was tempted to go with Larry the Cable Guy.)
20 87 Read More
CFH: A Call For Heroes
Tue 07/07/20 01:30 UTC
Repairs on the roof of a starship during a firefight, you say?

121 1,288 Read More
YTZ: Yahtzee!
Mon 06/07/20 23:42 UTC
Welcome back, Alduin! I'll go with your post here for turn 2.
8 80 Read More
SKT: The Storm King's Thunder
Mon 06/07/20 23:03 UTC
<Bern>

He listened to the 'presentation'. He looked at the map, he considered the 'arguments'. But it was not convincing. Never to be one to 'hold his tongue, he 'injected' his opinion.

"I do not think that we should use what the giants did as an indicator. They wanted that 'item', that much is clear. But there is too much that =we= do not know as to what that was about. However, it =is= clear that there is something more going on. But", he said with a glance to Darathra, "if =you= do =not= care, that is fine. But we will continue on our own ... if that is what we have to do."
65 498 Read More
Mon 06/07/20 21:28 UTC
GM

Jix slips the stim from her webbing and jams it into Mhar-li's neck with a hiss of compressed liquid, then she lifts the woman out of the chair so Jelly Bean can jump in and take over.

In the rear, Sirra has no time for tidiness and pulls the cord on the enviro-suits. They drop out of stowage, bouncing on the floor, some flying out the back of the Quadjumper.

But a TAU-6 rotary blaster cannon also swings down out of the ceiling and pokes its muzzle out of the door.

At the hatch door, Preach has a wider angle on the scene outside and can start to spot for Sirra.

The swoop bikers are red-misted, thirsting to close in and get a shot through the open rear hatch.

But then the rotary blaster lets loose plasma hell from the open rear hatch. The swoop bikes veer out of the firing arc in panic.

The door no longer needs closing, so Winta can assist Jix. Having a rotary blaster firing full auto, not far from their heads, does make talking calmly almost impossible.

There might be some blue language in the cabin, not least from Mhar-li as she's rolled onto her front by Jix and Winta and sees the vibroshears appear from a medpac.

"Head south... to Carbon Ridge. More cover." Mhar-li calls to Jelly Bean.

Fabric is cut then the smell of charred flesh fills the interior. Smoke rises from a ghastly wound.

A crater, black around the edges, burnt and still sizzling deeper in. There is the kidney, looking scorched and the renal vein is torn but not severed.

Twisting her neck, Mhar-li's eyes go wide when she sees the gory mess.

"Is that me? What the hell! Is that me!" She screams, throat dry.

(With that degree of plasma burn, she probably can't even feel it.)

Amos stands behind the Twi'lek pilot, gripping the back of her chair and scanning the skyline ahead.

There are tall, spire-like rock formations to the south, though from this distance he can't see any ingresses low enough to get through at their current altitude.

Despite the screaming, the heavy blaster fire, 2BB-2 focuses as only a droid can, jacking into the Sunstrider's flight engineering system.

He's struck by how basic it is compared to a Corellian system, but the Quadjumper's makers, Subpro, are renowned for their zero maintenance, super heavy duty designs. Corellian Engineering, not so much.

Sunstrider has had a lot of work done on it over the years. It even had a retrofitted hyperdrive at one point, so it might've done some parsecs too.

Right now the problem seems to be the upper fuel atomizer. It's clogged. In-flight solution: Access atomizer via the roof, unscrew injection port with hydrospanner and put a plasma bolt in it.

[HIDDEN SPOILER CONTENT]

[Mhar-li has a 91 point Critical Injury. As bad a Critical Injury as you can have without being unstable and in danger of imminent death.]
58 414 Read More
SIX: 6 Takes
Mon 06/07/20 16:44 UTC
Code
 START                          BUST   CURRENT
 CARD                           ROW    ROW TOTAL
   V                             V
 -----------------------------------
|     |     |     |     |     |  x  |
|   6 |   7 |  16 |     |     | xxx |      3
|  26 |     |     |     |     | xxx |      1
|  84 |  98 |     |     |     | xxx |      2
| 101 | 103 |     |     |     | xxx |      2

Order of Play:
  • Weez - 3
  • AJ - 17
  • Gypsy - 18
  • Argus - 33

With only one 1-point row remaining, Weez decides a point now is a good idea, swiping Row 2.

AJ and Gypsy notice that the old Row 1 has two spots, and know their cards are guaranteed safe! They fill the row.

This is all bad news for Argus, who would have been fine without all three other players colluding. As it is, his card lands on the now-full new Row 2 and he busts for 5 points.
2 30 Read More
Magazine
Mon 06/07/20 14:41 UTC
Thanks for posting, always interesting and fun to read!
4 44 Read More
Mon 06/07/20 13:38 UTC
Round 3 Turn 7

TURN START POSITION
Code
 START                          BUST   CURRENT
 CARD                           ROW    ROW TOTAL
   V                             V
|  28 |  34 |  44 |  48 |     | xxx |     8
|     |     |  *5 |     |     |  x  | 
|  37 |  94 |     |     |     | xxx |     2
|  47 |  69 |  70 |  71 |  99 | xxx |     11
|     |     |  *3 |     |  *5 |  x  |
|  77 |  90 | 102 | 103 | 104 | xxx |     11
|  *5 |  *3 |     |     |     |  x  |  

Play in order of lowest card first:

Weez 36
AJ 51
Argus 84
Aqua 95*2

Brave Weez steps forward again, busting row 2 with her 36. smile Only 2 points.

AJ sneakily slides into the last spot on the new row 2, just in time for Argus to bust it for 9 points! sad Aqua follows on with a smile, safe!

Next choices via PM please.
7 72 Read More
Our Community
Mon 06/07/20 03:14 UTC
As I said, I was at his funeral. When I got home I posted here. I had met Razorlip's mom, who came in from Detroit. She talked to me for a while about him and was proud of him; he was a good student. I got the sense from her that he never fit in with others in that environment. She talked about his siblings. I don't know if he ever tried to hook back up with his family and I wasn't really sure why they drifted apart. Reuniting them when he was alive would have been a blessing. Sadly, it only happened in death. There were only a very few people at the funeral. I spoke about how we got connected, which was in an argument. It was on CompuServe and I yelled him for (what I thought was) anti-black rhetoric. Little did I know at the time that he was black and being extremely sarcastic.

He spent his last few days in Elmhurst Hospital. I called several times a day to check his status and during one of those calls my heart sank. Elmhurst Hospital has gained some fame recently for being one of the hospitals hit worst by COVID-19 in NY City.

One of my memories is that when we did take up a collection, since many of us are in the UK, I took the job of getting the cash to him. It ended up being a nightmare. We tried to get him paid electronically through PayPal and they rejected the transaction because they had a stupid rule about "paying people without some sort of business transaction" being done. I argued with them but they didn't relent. I forget how we got him the cash but I was so furious that we couldn't do a good deed and have never used Paypal since then because of it.
12 150 Read More
SKT: The Storm King's Thunder
Sun 05/07/20 18:42 UTC
I have always hated the 'randomness' of dice to some degree. It =can= be interesting in character creation, for example, but can =really= suck in combat <sigh>

Unfortunately I have never found anything better <g>
478 5,610 Read More
Magazine
Sat 04/07/20 23:24 UTC
This thread is for links that might be convenient.

Game Master Tips & Articles has been posting articles for years, and there is a link there to sign up for twice-weekly emails.
0 18 Read More
YTZ: Yahtzee!
Sat 04/07/20 23:20 UTC
Weez's Turn 7 verified and cleared.

Argus - Turn 7

1. 6 3 4 4 6 -- Keeping 3, Re-rolling 4 4 6 6
  2. 3 2 6 4 5 -- Scoring 2 3 4 5 6

40 points in Large Straight.
14 152 Read More
Sat 04/07/20 19:22 UTC
grin
19 149 Read More
Sat 04/07/20 18:54 UTC
Thanks!
4 33 Read More
NMC: Neverending Movie Chain
Sat 04/07/20 17:05 UTC
Lol it happens!

All the time, I think that is part of the fun!
128 681 Read More
Magazine
Sat 04/07/20 06:24 UTC
Furry Bouquet!
5 67 Read More
Thu 02/07/20 21:23 UTC
Welcome back, Shamrock!
11 69 Read More
Play-by-Post Game Studio
Thu 02/07/20 16:19 UTC
Willing to wait.
7 72 Read More
Thu 02/07/20 08:49 UTC
Combat Round

Combat in FFG's Star Wars system is divided into rounds like most traditional RPGs.

The initiative order is fixed at the start of combat and doesn't change, but slots don't belong to individual characters. Instead they belong to either the PCs or NPCs as a team. For example:

1st. PC
2nd. PC
3rd. PC
4th. NPC
5th. PC

Each round, when a PC slot is played, the players decide which of their characters will take the slot. The story usually presents an obvious candidate, but all players must have a turn each round. When an NPC slot is played, the GM assigns it to one of his NPCs or Minion groups.

So how long is a combat round in-fiction?

It isn't fixed. The rules state it can be a minute but it depends on the style of the scene.

In a large battle, like the Battle of Hoth, it makes sense for one round to be about one minute. Range bands will also be expanding and contracting in a battle on this scale, as you switch between characters in trenches and in Snowspeeders, etc. The battle becomes a story within a story.

In a small skirmish between Partisans and Stormtroopers on the streets of Jedha City, about ten seconds makes more sense and ties with the range bands. The whole combat takes place on one street and the story intends it to portray a violent ambush that's over as suddenly as it began.

Either way, it's important to remember that on your turn the rules describe your offensive action as attacking or making a combat check. That's because your character doesn't just swing their lightsaber once or pull the trigger once. In the span of a combat round, in the fiction your character can be very busy, blocking, slicing, blazing left and right. The sum of this business is the result of the combat check.
6 260 Read More
Our Community
Wed 01/07/20 12:24 UTC
Happy Belated Birthday! smile
2 26 Read More
Review Film TV
Tue 30/06/20 16:57 UTC

So, please tell me
In these shining lights, there's a place where we'll fit in...

I was waiting for breakfast to heat up which meant I had a few moments, so I tapped on the TV, and then I was smiling.

Brand New Animal is finally on Netflix.

This is Studio Trigger's newest show, and the one that everyone was waiting for when it premiered in Japan several months ago. First, it's Studio Trigger, so you know each episode will be better and more intriguing as you build to the end. Second, it's Studio Trigger, which means ...

Fine.

BNA is acknowledged as Trigger's most serious show. Without pulling punches this is a story about prejudice, racism, race superiority, and acceptance and this results in a pretty revealing mirror of the world about us. Even the breather episode - the traditional baseball game - has grim underpinnings.

... and yet, did you know that you know that an evil bad guy can be dribbled - yes basketball dribbled - as one explains matters to the cops?

Despite how serious the situation was, I had to chuckle.

Lurking in the background is Trigger's trademarked goofiness. These guys want to remind you that you are supposed to enjoy what you do, and making animation shows should be no exception. The main character, Michiru, is an absolutely adorable and awkward teenager and my gosh, talk about character development! The most human - and humane - of the show's cast her growth as she learns to accept who she is, to recognize not only her own shortsightedness but her own self worth and the worth of others is the heart of the show.

And it takes every single episode to get from here to there.
0 21 Read More
Magazine
Tue 30/06/20 13:20 UTC
And Dugan wins, kudos to Mina! grin
7 103 Read More
Our Community
Tue 30/06/20 13:16 UTC
Happy Birthday! smile
1 14 Read More
Review Music
Tue 30/06/20 13:09 UTC
Nicely done smile
22 336 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Newest Members
IsaVestal, Xain_it, cymer1989, Noita, BadSmash
147 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums91
Topics2,474
Posts205,184
Members147
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy