Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
4 members (Alduin, Pandemonium, Asta, Miales), 42 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Our Community Jump to new posts
Re: Happy Birthday Phoenix Prime Phoenix Prime Fri 19/04/24 18:05 UTC
Thank you all for the kind BDay wishes
7 46 Read More
Our Community Jump to new posts
Re: Happy Birthday Phoenix Prime Neptune Fri 19/04/24 16:36 UTC
Happy Birthday!
7 46 Read More
SKT: The Storm King's Thunder Jump to new posts
Re: 3T - Who ya gonna call? Troll hunters! Neptune Fri 19/04/24 16:34 UTC
Zindra
"I think our mission obligates us to follow, but I think we need to do so carefully, using stealth. Bern, we should sneak up separately but stay close enough to see and defend each other as we do so. Jaliera should probably follow close behind with Whisper flying above and ahead. We can go slowly, Jaliera needs to stop to see with Whisper's eyes, but we're in no rush. Everyone else should stay close enough to come to our side if we encounter something hostile but back far enough to not give us away. What do you think, Bern?"
65 650 Read More
DUC: Durham University Campus Jump to new posts
Re: DUC: Pub Treasure Hunt Gypsy Fri 19/04/24 12:52 UTC
The boy winks at Emma.

"Being an impoverished student, I'd say buy before you try.. but I'd make an exception in your case. On the house?"
228 5,627 Read More
YTZ: Yahtzee! Jump to new posts
Re: Triple 399 (XVIII) Gypsy Fri 19/04/24 12:34 UTC
Gypsy's Turn 36

Code
5 1 1 2 2 -- Reroll 5
6 ---------- Reroll 6

Score: 11223

Scrub full house column 1 sad
13 1,659 Read More
Re: Triple 399 (XVIII) Gypsy Fri 19/04/24 12:30 UTC
Turn 35 Results

Code
Alduin    66666 - YZ col 3 - 150
eclaasse  23444 - 3K col 2 -  34
Gypsy     34555 - 5s col 1 -  15 + 35 bonus!
Miales    12456 - HS col 2 -   0
Weez      14666 - 6s col 1 -  18 + 35 bonus!

Scores after current round
Code
Gypsy    2105
eclaasse 1594
Alduin   1573
Weez     1557
Miales   1357

Alduin's yahtzee so invigorates him that he takes the stairs two at a time, pushes Weez out of the way and starts to dancw with eclaasse! Miales lays in the basement darkness seeing stars but different ones from Gypsy.
13 1,659 Read More
ACR: ACRO Jump to new posts
Re: Round 1 - SPI Gypsy Fri 19/04/24 10:38 UTC
Sent Private Issue
6 59 Read More
Re: DUC: Pub Treasure Hunt Dugan Fri 19/04/24 05:53 UTC
Henri

He shrugs his shoulders at Levon's jibe, briefly feeling some chagrin about it Henri quickly decides not to let it get to him. Turning his frown to a smile Henri vaguely remembers some lines from a chorus from some old-timer song:

Now don't be sad
Cause two out of three ain't bad
Now don't be sad, cause two out of three ain't bad

Unconsciously humming the tune that is about to become an ear worm, his mood lightens up and will follow along heading back to the college grounds.
228 5,627 Read More
Re: 3T - Who ya gonna call? Troll hunters! AquaDyne Fri 19/04/24 05:45 UTC
DM

The severed arm appears dead, completely inanimate, bereft of life. It rests in peace. It is an ex-troll-appendage.

It's not recent, nor can it have been overly long either... it seems entirely consistent with a timing of just prior to last night's attack on the stables.
65 650 Read More
Re: 3T - Who ya gonna call? Troll hunters! Dugan Fri 19/04/24 05:27 UTC
Davroar

He moves closer to the severed arm, bending down to take a closer look at it and the surrounding ground. He tries to determine how long ago this fight happened by feeling the arm and blood for any warmth, or how much the blood has congealed.
After a minute or so, it seems he does not have much of answer.

Standing back up he asks Bern and Zindra, "Do you think we should follow the attacking trolls path to see if its still alive too?"

Davroar Examine arm and blood (Survival)
Dugan rolled 1d20+4 and got 10
65 650 Read More
Re: Round 1 - SPI Dugan Fri 19/04/24 04:53 UTC
PM sent.
6 59 Read More
RRL: Rise of the Rune Lords - Burnt Offerings Jump to new posts
Re: Adventurer's Guild Art in the Blood Fri 19/04/24 01:46 UTC
Yah. Had an odd schedule recently
455 8,758 Read More
Re: Round 1 - SPI TennesseeMaiden Fri 19/04/24 01:15 UTC
Same! As an EA, I end up filing everyone else's taxes before my own. 😭 Monday is the Texas sales tax deadline and franchise tax filings are due next month. My life is one tax season after another. 🤣
6 59 Read More
Re: DUC: Pub Treasure Hunt Mina Thu 18/04/24 22:37 UTC
Emma

"Looks like we are heading back to the college!" Em was surprised, the pub crawl did not have as much alcohol involved as she had thought it might. Still, they had done a fine showing. Then she tossed a saucy wink at the boy with the balloons. "By the way, thanks for the compliment on my genes... yours are not that bad either."
228 5,627 Read More
Re: DUC: Pub Treasure Hunt Neptune Thu 18/04/24 21:34 UTC
Levon
"Okay. Let's get a move on you WIMPS!" he says strutting forward.
228 5,627 Read More
Re: OOC thread Zeim Thu 18/04/24 20:53 UTC
It is not that there are no laws, it is that laws are not black and white. There is no "RAW". That is why we have judges, SCOTUS, and so on. So the argument "that is what the law says" is false. The law says what judges interpret it to say. And any two judges can interpret it differently. That is why the practice of "judge shopping" occurs. Not to mention that interpretations change over time as well. What laws do is offer guardrails so society doesn't fall into chaos. You can't have people assaulting others, forex, without being arrested until a judge and jury can decide whether what they did broke the law or not. However that is why there is a phrase "innocent until proven guilty". Otherwise, if everything was black-and-white, there would be no need for judges, juries, or courts. Everyone would simply "know" that a person was guilty of a crime with no need for trial.

Same with "RAW". If it was so clear cut that there was simply no question, as the "RAW" proponents would like you to believe. then there would be no need for Jeremy Crawford (the SCOTUS of D&D) to rule on things.
1,589 77,184 Read More
NMC: Neverending Movie Chain Jump to new posts
Re: Neverending Movie Chain 57 Mina Thu 18/04/24 20:40 UTC
Ella Enchanted!
212 3,739 Read More
Re: OOC thread Neptune Thu 18/04/24 20:27 UTC
Zeim, what you are saying is that there are "no laws" and I mean anywhere. Every court has a judge because not everything is black and white and nobody can come up for a rule for everything.
1,589 77,184 Read More
Re: Adventurer's Guild Pandemonium Thu 18/04/24 17:33 UTC
Correct, it just allows you to post when you have time. But we don't loose the cards because they still play a role in different effects.

Hmm, good point. The game that uses this, has a tracker, which you toggle on or off that you have taken an action. Maybe we should stick with it as it is, and I will keep track like I have been with strike throughs.

Another good point. Who gave you all the brains today. grin

Strike that and ignore it, don't have to reverse it.
455 8,758 Read More
Re: Triple 399 (XVIII) eclaasse Thu 18/04/24 17:25 UTC
eclaasse's Turn 36

Code
5 6 4 6 2 -- Reroll 5 4 2
2 4 6 ------ Reroll 2 4
3 2

Score: 6 6 6 3 2

Three of a kind, column 1. Guess I should have gone that way in the previous turn, but ah well.
13 1,659 Read More
Re: Adventurer's Guild Vryx Thu 18/04/24 17:22 UTC
Ok, so the popcorn style is there is no order?

I mean, I guess my thought is we have a hard time already with people getting missed even with a defined order and it seems like it would just exacerbate that? But that's just my opinion.

I also think a lot of mechanics are built into the turn order system, that would just become useless or could be readily exploited. Like, if I do something that puts me at a penalty until the next turn in exchange for a benefit, but then act quick enough that the penalty is never applied.
455 8,758 Read More
Re: Adventurer's Guild Pandemonium Thu 18/04/24 16:15 UTC
Originally we did follow the leader, though I do try and chime in often.

Boar Hunt 2nd

Coral Black Joker
Catalena AC
Lord Foxglove KH
Selaim JD
Dire Boar 5C
Zak 4S
Aendell 3C

As an example, Coral would go, and then Cat. I might interject a post as necessary, but mostly PCs go till an NPC is in the mix.

So in the example above the first two could go, and then I could post as Foxglove, then the remaining four.

But with popcorn initiative I would post after each person, and they could go in any order. We wouldn't worry about the cards other than to introduce specials like activate Edges, or offer the +2 like the joker does.

So using the same initiative but doing it popcorn style, any PC could post, then I would, then another who hasn't gone, could. Then I would, etc... till all PCs have gone.

Does that help?

We don't have to do it. I just thought it might offer more flexibility given we are all on at different times.
455 8,758 Read More
Re: Adventurer's Guild Vryx Thu 18/04/24 16:04 UTC
I'm not sure I understand the difference with "popcorn initiative"... don't we normally go and wait for any ruling by you and then the next person?
455 8,758 Read More
Re: OOC thread Pandemonium Thu 18/04/24 15:56 UTC
Maybe the troll regeneration thing is a question of blood purity. If a troll has regenerated tons, i.e., is a troll with a more diluted blood line, its stuff does what the arm did here.

But maybe a more pure troll could do as Zeim suggests, chop fingers and toss little trolls into the battle.

It could be an interesting way to vary up the base monster "troll".

The other variants take different spots in the spectrum of what a troll regenerates.

I think I have a new version of lore for my game.

Thanks guys!

As far as RAW vs blah, Zeim is right it is a tool used badly in online forums. Most rules are written in a way that several interpretations can obviously be made. That is why I always start with "it is your game..." or your table if you prefer. It is a GM's world, and that should enhance the fun of the game, not shut things down.

And I fall in the camp of RAW or any other interpretation is exactly that, incase that isn't abundantly clear. I have been doing this too long to waste time on unproductive elements. It is about fun, and this discussion is fun in its own way. Part of why I love PBEM/PBP.
1,589 77,184 Read More
Re: Round 1 - SPI AquaDyne Thu 18/04/24 15:50 UTC
Sent PM In (and am still working on my taxes after filing an extension)
6 59 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
TennesseeMaiden
TennesseeMaiden
Tiptonville, TN
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,828
Posts140,441
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy