Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Message Gaming
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dugan), 3 guests, and 32 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games List
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Games List.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 30 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 29 30
#900492
Thu 11/01/18 18:01 UTC
Thu 11/01/18 18:01 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,592
nemarsde Offline

Wobbly Headed
nemarsde  Offline

Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,592
[Can we hear any wave echoes in Wave Echo Cave? If so, from which direction?]

#900493
Thu 11/01/18 18:28 UTC
Thu 11/01/18 18:28 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 14,540
Neptune Offline OP

Moderator
Neptune  Offline OP

Moderator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 14,540
[ooc: Meta gaming, are we? smile At this point you don't hear "wave echoes". Am still waiting for a leader to emerge and tell me where you're all going next. ]

#900498
Thu 11/01/18 19:11 UTC
Thu 11/01/18 19:11 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 36,035
M
MikeD Offline

Administrator
MikeD  Offline

Administrator
M
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 36,035
[[ I would vote for someone that knows about 'under ground' <g> ]]


MikeD
#900500
Thu 11/01/18 19:34 UTC
Thu 11/01/18 19:34 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 14,540
Neptune Offline OP

Moderator
Neptune  Offline OP

Moderator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 14,540
[occ: There no longer is a "dungeoneering" skill. Nobody in the party has specific knowledge of "under ground". There may not be an ideal person, but it shouldn't matter much - unless, of course you run into a hornet's nest...errr, stirge nest smile ]

#900505
Thu 11/01/18 19:56 UTC
Thu 11/01/18 19:56 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,592
nemarsde Offline

Wobbly Headed
nemarsde  Offline

Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,592
[All this time I've been subconsciously associating the name with radiowaves, but upon thinking about it, realised that's unlikely and the name probably refers to the sound of the caves.]

Chandan

The old monk hobbles along, peering around at his surroundings.

They aren't a small party and a wider avenue might favour them if they outnumber their foe, so he keeps heading east into the cavern.

"Come my friends!" He encourages in a lowered voice.

[Chandan: Not an expert on mines, but a pretty damn good canary.]

#900527
Thu 11/01/18 22:34 UTC
Thu 11/01/18 22:34 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 36,035
M
MikeD Offline

Administrator
MikeD  Offline

Administrator
M
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 36,035
[[ We will mourn you death Neil <weg> ]]

<Bern>

He continued to watch their 'rear' as the group moved forward.


MikeD
#900536
Fri 12/01/18 01:00 UTC
Fri 12/01/18 01:00 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 14,540
Neptune Offline OP

Moderator
Neptune  Offline OP

Moderator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 14,540
DM
Chandan leads the party eastward and through the tunnel which brings you to an intersection of a natural, thirty-foot-high cavern. The walls are carved with simple reliefs showing dwarf and gnome miners hard at work. Be low them, nearly two dozens skeletons in rusted scraps of armor are scattered across the cavern floor. Some are dwarf skeletons, while others are orc remains. Half a dozen large brass lanterns stand in niches or on ledges around the cavern, but none are lit. As you now expect, the floor here is covered with stirge droppings.

There are four ways for you to go now. North, east and south.

yeah, I dragged you all along. If you don't want to me to do that for your PC (for whatever reason) in the future, just let me know in advance. Otherwise, that will be the Standard Operating Procedure. Neil, you have the marching band baton. When you're ready to move on, you pick the next direction!

Attached Files
WEC-3-4.gif (136 downloads)
#900608
Fri 12/01/18 12:09 UTC
Fri 12/01/18 12:09 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 58,240
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Gypsy  Offline

Wizop
Administrator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 58,240
[OOC Jaliera will be happy to stay back with her bow and help rear guard. Likely she will be close to Davroar - otherwise happy you move her along smile ]

#900617
Fri 12/01/18 14:44 UTC
Fri 12/01/18 14:44 UTC
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 17,712
Zeim Offline
(Buffalo)
Zeim  Offline
(Buffalo)
Moderator
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 17,712
lol

I can picture the scene, everyone shuffling backwards and arguing over who can be last in line.

#900619
Fri 12/01/18 15:01 UTC
Fri 12/01/18 15:01 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 36,035
M
MikeD Offline

Administrator
MikeD  Offline

Administrator
M
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 36,035
[[ I am OK with you moving Bern if it helps move the game along ... as long as you don't mind me 'adjusting' my position as needed. Or I can just move Bern myself if you prefer that. Lemme know which you prefer. ]]


MikeD
#900657
Fri 12/01/18 18:40 UTC
Fri 12/01/18 18:40 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 14,540
Neptune Offline OP

Moderator
Neptune  Offline OP

Moderator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 14,540
Here's a marching order. Now, what are you doing? Investigating? Moving? If so, where?

Attached Files
WEC-march.gif (118 downloads)
#900660
Fri 12/01/18 18:54 UTC
Fri 12/01/18 18:54 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 36,035
M
MikeD Offline

Administrator
MikeD  Offline

Administrator
M
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 36,035
[[ Well I am guessing to go out on a limb and say our =real= first task would be to figure out who is leading this parade <weg> ]]


MikeD
#900802
Sat 13/01/18 06:37 UTC
Sat 13/01/18 06:37 UTC
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 7,559
Dugan Online content
Moderator
Dugan  Online Content
Moderator
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 7,559
Davroar

He will give Jaliera a brief consoling touch for the loss of Whisper as she joins the group. Noting the wall markings and the lack of any old cartage within eyesight, he quietly says, "Doesn't look like we're in the actual mines yet. I guess any direction is good as any until we hit a dead end and have to turn back."

#900803
Sat 13/01/18 10:35 UTC
Sat 13/01/18 10:35 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,592
nemarsde Offline

Wobbly Headed
nemarsde  Offline

Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,592
Chandan

A left turn, northwards might shed more light on the mine's construction and possibly reveal links to the corridor to the west, and the passage that continues east, curving as it does to the north.

"Stay close, my friends." He whispers, then nods to the skeletons, "Where the dead are not disposed of properly, they have habit of getting back on their feet."

#900806
Sat 13/01/18 11:08 UTC
Sat 13/01/18 11:08 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 58,240
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Gypsy  Offline

Wizop
Administrator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 58,240
Jaliera

She gives Davroar an impulsive hug in return but says nothing as there is a small lump in her throat. People have been so nice about Whisper. It touches her.

She nods at Davroar's comment to Chandan and centres her attention momentarily on the skeletons just as a precaution.

"Just take care Chandan."

She worries about him on occasion as he does seem to lack the self concern most of them have and she wouldn't like to see anything happen to him.

Last edited by Gypsy; Sat 13/01/18 11:09 UTC.
#900810
Sat 13/01/18 13:24 UTC
Sat 13/01/18 13:24 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 36,035
M
MikeD Offline

Administrator
MikeD  Offline

Administrator
M
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 36,035
<Bern>

"Give me a sec", he said. "If the brothers had been working down here there should be traces of their traveling from up there to ... where ever."

He moves a bit up each tunnel looking for tracks that seem recent but not theirs.


MikeD
#900826
Sat 13/01/18 17:38 UTC
Sat 13/01/18 17:38 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 26,462
AJ Offline
Moderator
AJ  Offline
Moderator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 26,462
Kriv

The Dragonborn did not object to having Chandan on point, given the lack of a breeze down here and the possibility of walking into hazards.

#900833
Sat 13/01/18 18:45 UTC
Sat 13/01/18 18:45 UTC
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 43,864
Exeter Offline

Administrator
Exeter  Offline

Administrator
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 43,864
Ryssa


Ryssa knew that she was not nearly the offensive force that was presented by the other members of the party, but one thing did bother her slightly about behind so close to the back of the line.

Chandan... she had come to like the elderly monk. She liked all of the newcomers with whom they had joined, but there was something endearing about Chandan.

Endearing and well, a bit reckless. He tended to rush in where others might fear to tread.

She tried to keep her eyes on him.

#901217
Mon 15/01/18 22:50 UTC
Mon 15/01/18 22:50 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 14,540
Neptune Offline OP

Moderator
Neptune  Offline OP

Moderator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 14,540
OOC:
MikeD,
Tracking is no longer a "ranger thingy". See the Ranger class feature "Natural Explorer". Now you would use the survival skill. When you're in your favored terrain, you gain advantage on the roll. Bern's favored terrain is forest. This is not. You have no ability beyond anyone else's to track here. However, that does not means that you can't track. Please give me a roll, 1d20+4, and I'll tell you what the results are.

Note that the floors are smooth, natural stone which means it would be awfully difficult to make any determination.

#901232
Mon 15/01/18 23:24 UTC
Mon 15/01/18 23:24 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 36,035
M
MikeD Offline

Administrator
MikeD  Offline

Administrator
M
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 36,035
[[ so ... you are saying I don't see anything useful ... right?? <g> ]]


MikeD
#901239
Tue 16/01/18 00:12 UTC
Tue 16/01/18 00:12 UTC
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 11,202
Pandemonium Offline
Member
Pandemonium  Offline
Member
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 11,202
[OOC: Keep dragon Lumi as necessary. He is otherwise preoccupied. smile ]

#901356
Tue 16/01/18 14:04 UTC
Tue 16/01/18 14:04 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 14,540
Neptune Offline OP

Moderator
Neptune  Offline OP

Moderator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 14,540
DM
Chandan heads north, to the edge of the light shed by Kriv's torch. He cannot see into the darkness and is vulnerable now unless the others move forward. Chandan quickly realizes that if he's to scout, he'll need a light.
ooc: Simple instructions by someone with a torch, like "am walking 10 feet behind Chandan" or something like that will, will make things go smoothly. I could be the evil DM and have Chandan be attacked by foes in the dark that he cannot see, but I won't...today

Attached Files
WEC-3-5.gif (68 downloads)
#901364
Tue 16/01/18 16:33 UTC
Tue 16/01/18 16:33 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 26,462
AJ Offline
Moderator
AJ  Offline
Moderator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 26,462
Kriv

The Dragonborn waits to hear any sound of Chandon having been set upon in the dark. Hearing none, he advances behind him.

Kriv is happy giving ample opportunity for the Monk to run off and get killed before following with the light a short while after.

#901369
Tue 16/01/18 16:50 UTC
Tue 16/01/18 16:50 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 36,035
M
MikeD Offline

Administrator
MikeD  Offline

Administrator
M
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 36,035
<Bern>

He could only shake his head as Chandon went ahead of the group. Clearly the man had no clue about how to best to stay alive.


MikeD
#901390
Tue 16/01/18 17:45 UTC
Tue 16/01/18 17:45 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 14,540
Neptune Offline OP

Moderator
Neptune  Offline OP

Moderator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 14,540
DM
When the light finally catches up with Chandan, he can see that they are in an intersection. There's a corridor both to the left and the right. Straight ahead is a door, which is closed.
OOC: Going forward, I'll assume that standard procedure is to let Chandan move forward first. Neil, you may want to start providing me with stealth rolls every time. And if you're doing more than just "glancing" this way and that, provide me with "active perception" rolls. Otherwise I just use passive perception.

Attached Files
WEC-3-6.gif (62 downloads)
Page 11 of 30 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 29 30

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Newest Members
Kiraya, Angrboða, Khamsin, Gryphon, AgentBonkers
125 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Member Spotlight
Posts: 89,727
Joined: April 2009
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums74
Topics2,033
Posts169,177
Members125
Most Online206
Nov 4th, 2012
June
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Message Gaming. DreamLyrics Message Gaming does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1.1