Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (AquaDyne, Angrboða), 3 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37
Zeim #873180 Tue 14/02/17 13:34 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She accepts a hand up from Bern, her smile not quite as radiant as usual, mostly the shock. And she accepts the healing from Ryssa, her smile starting to move to its full capacity. These new folk are certainly a good group.

She nods to Davroar as he asks after her but as soon as her healing is done, she moves over to him, giving him a big hug, in need of some reassurance herself.

"That was close.." she whispers. "I can't lose you.."

Taking a deep breath, she turns to the others, still staying with Davroar.

"Thanks everyone. We worked well together. Makes the future look better."

Zeim #873187 Tue 14/02/17 14:21 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv

His nostrils wrinkled slightly, and he turned to see Jaliera and Davroar in close proximity.

Mammals.

With a mental shrug, he turned aside to help the other wounded person up, extending and offering his ha* - extending and offering the far end of his quickly-recalled staff to help Chandan to rise.

"Are you hale enough to continue, or do you need a few minutes, one and all?"

Zeim #873201 Tue 14/02/17 16:57 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

Since Jaliria seemed to be in good hands, as it were, he moved over to Chandan and after muttering a bit that no one else could quite hear, he touched Chandan on the shoulder.

Bern cure wounds MikeD rolled d8+3 and got 9

MikeD
Zeim #873226 Tue 14/02/17 20:21 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

Chandan gratefully accepts Kriv's proferred aid and pulls himself to his feet with a loud cracking of his hip. He smiles through a grimace to bolster his fellows' spirits.

Nevertheless, when Ryssa and Bern call upon magical healing powers he is mightily appreciative and impressed. So much talent for good in this party!! They had been relying on Davroar the Druid ever since Karok left, but now it seems the young wildman can share his burden.

"Most fortuitous!" Chandan says aloud, almost to himself, whilst nodding his thanks to everyone concerned. "I am ready."

Zeim #873251 Tue 14/02/17 23:59 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He didn't know if they should give time to butchering the meat, nor if it was even edible. Though to be fair most things in the wild were safe to eat, some just tasted better than others. He would let them decide what was important, and waited keeping watch. He took the time to clean his rusty axe.

Zeim #873268 Wed 15/02/17 01:44 UTC
M
M
<Berm>

With the most immediate issues resolved, he set to work seeing what he could harvest from the bulette. He had not heard any stories about the meat being tainted, but sniffed and then 'tasted' the meat to make sure it seemed safe anyway before he got serious about making strips. He also cut a few 'steaks' for the meal. "Someone want to start a fire? I want to dry these strips and we can cook up some steaks for tonight."

MikeD
Zeim #873290 Wed 15/02/17 12:37 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv

He nodded brusquely, and headed to collect a few pieces of suitable wood. Piling them up, a quick gesture and a brief word of Draconic as he ignited them with a firebolt.

"Don't believe I've yet had the pleasure of consuming one of these. What is it, exactly? I'm not sure I've come across its like in my studies."

Zeim #873291 Wed 15/02/17 12:57 UTC
DM

After the newly formed party tends to it's wounded and salvages what they can from the melee with the land shark. They camp and rest and enjoy landshark steak for dinner.

In the mornin, after a full night's rest, they continue on towards their objective, Cragmaw Castle. The route has them walking alongside the western edge of Neverwinter Wood. They take precautions to stay somewhat hidden, using the cover of the less dense woods at the edge of the forest. Bern is in his element and easily spots the makeshift trail that would lead them deeper into the woods. That's where they hope to find this castle.

As they enter the woods, the density of trees thickens and the press of trees shrouds this foreign world in shadows and fear. In places, the land’s brush grows into dense walls, and were it not for the path, the party would have to hew through it branch by branch to gain make progress through more private places inside. But the path cuts through the thickets and allows for easier travel. But the ease of the trail does little to make the land’s aura any less menacing.

Overhead, the canopy’s branches and leaves intertwine into wooden fists, blotting out the sun and transforming the idea of “day” into a memory of brighter, safer domains. As they travel through this looming forest, the travelers feel baleful eyes tracking their every movement. Despite the warm temperature, a coldness creeps inside their clothing, sending shivers down their spines. One the ground, relatively fresh tracks of humanoids lead the way.

They are fortunate to have not encountered any hostile creatures before spotting the castle in a clearing up ahead. They are traveling east through the forest when it is first spotted. Although the walls of the castle are crumbling, they can see that the castle consists of seven crumbling towers of different sizes and heights, but the upper stories are all in varying states of collapse.

ooc1: Zeim posted a graphic of the castle in the Gallery before he left for China. You are approaching from the west. Please make sure your spell lists (if needed by your class) are updated, that you up your status to completely healed. You've taken a long rest and should be at 100%.

ooc2: It was only anticlimactic because I posted as quickly as I could. I hold the communal TV hostage because my laptop monitor is fried and I'm still on vacation. Good news is that a HDMI cable has rescued me. But my housemates are growing weary of me using it. I get up early to do my posting to avoid the grumbling. Anyhow, the bulette only had a few HPs left. The first of your strikes killed it.

Zeim #873310 Wed 15/02/17 15:18 UTC
M
M
[[ Heh heh heh, I saw that 'problem' with your current situation earlier <g> That'll teach ya ta go out and have a fun vacation!! <weg> ]]

<Bern>

He didn't like the 'feeling' that had been intensifying as they moved deeper into the wood.

When they finally caught sight of the castle, he had decided. "I think we are better off finding a defensible spot =in= the castle than sleeping out in the open. There is something about the woods here that I don't like."

MikeD
Zeim #873315 Wed 15/02/17 15:26 UTC
Ryssa

After her morning devotional time with Lathander was completed, Ryssa felt refreshed, both from the rest and the renewal of her divine spellcasting abilities. She enjoyed the travel and spent some time getting more familiar with her new companions.

The closer they got to the castle, however, the more the forest started feeling... well, oppressive, maybe even threatening and she nodded her agreement with the ranger's assessment.

"I do not totally like the feel of this place."

Zeim #873325 Wed 15/02/17 15:41 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv

The noble scion looked at the dilapidated state of the fortification dispassionately: If this was being used as the headquarters of their foe, He'd expect the apparent weaknesses to have been shored up in the weeks or months of their occupancy. So, with that in mind, he quietly turned to Jaliera and Davroar,

"We could do with some animal scouting, both of the tops of the battlements and of the rents in the walls. See if they have any lookouts posted, see if they've refortified the most obvious breaches. Are you willing to do so, or have your companion do so respectively?"

Zeim #873381 Thu 16/02/17 07:45 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He is not bothered by the darkness of the woods, as it is only natural for the trees to cast the heavy shadows that they travel through. However, it is the feeling of being watched that is the most unnerving to him. Kriv's quiet request breaks him out of a reverie and replies, "I could be something quite small to check out the broken walls, but Whisper would be the better choice for a overhead view." Davroar will wait to see what Jaliera has to say on that before his decision to shape change into a weasel.

Zeim #873390 Thu 16/02/17 11:27 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"Yes, good idea. I'll get Whisper to do an overhead flight and I can watch through her eyes."

She grins at Davroar.

"And I'll tell her not to eat any small creatures too."

She sends her owl aloft to get the layout of the castle whilst she closes her eyes and watches the show.

Zeim #873437 Fri 17/02/17 05:32 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He lets out a small laugh in reply to Jaliera, "Thanks, I wouldn't want to be Whispers lunch."

He will then proceed cautiously on foot up the point where he is about 500 feet from the tree line and will then shape change into a brown and grey coloured long-tailed weasel. Moving in an indirect way towards the castle walls with bursts of movement between 20 to 30 feet, he will then pause to stand on his hindquarters to check his surroundings and sniff the air to try and catch any scent of man or monster.

If he manages to reach the tree line without incident, he will make a sprint across the open ground towards the larger section of broken wall by the north west tower.

Last edited by Dugan; Fri 17/02/17 05:37 UTC.
Zeim #873492 Fri 17/02/17 20:25 UTC
DM
Cragmaw Castle has seen better days. As Whisper flies over the buildings Jariela stays cognizant of being within 100 feet of the owl to maintain contact. The walls of the castle have collapsed in three areas. Sections the two nearest towers are collapsed. The collapsed section of the northwest tower is visible from those approaching the front doors. The collapsed area of the south-west tower is at the south-east section of that tower. There's another breach on the north side of the structure. She also sees a side entrance on the south side of the structure. Whisper does notice some movement behind the various arrow slits in the building.

Meanwhile Davroar has changed into weasel form.

Zeim #873574 Sat 18/02/17 13:44 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Do another flyover to see what is on the other side of south side entrance. Then get Whisper to keep a distant watch over the weasel.]

Zeim #873672 Sun 19/02/17 21:22 UTC
DM

Whisper approaches the southern side of the structure and sees an overgrown path that leads to a passage that climbs up into the wall. A large iron door stands there, sheltered from direct outside attack. Arrow slits ten feet above the ground overlook the path.

Zeim #873705 Mon 20/02/17 14:30 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC See if there is somewhere to perch that she can observe the slits for movement? ]

Zeim #873723 Mon 20/02/17 19:57 UTC
DM
Whisper looks for a perch near the southern arrow slits and finding none, she flies close by and sees nobody pointing arrows out of it. So she lands on one. Jaliera doesn't see anything through the owl's eyes, but she listens too and she hears the occasional clatter of crockery and a loud argument. She cannot understand the language, but she's heard and seen enough about goblins to guess that it's their language. Whisper stays there quietly and is not disturbed.

Zeim #873758 Tue 21/02/17 07:43 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He will start looking for an easy spot for a weasel to start climbing through the broken wall. His intention would be to scout inside the walls to see where any guards might be watching from.

Zeim #873773 Tue 21/02/17 17:26 UTC
DM

The weasel makes it's way around the structure, largely ignored by anyone inside the castle that might be on the lookout. It circles the building and looks for a way in through the rubble.

The rubble represents what once was a second floor of the structure. The collapse is simply a large heap of rubble that is quite unsteady. It does not seem to offer much of a way in. But as the weasel passes along the north side of the building, the super-senses of the animal kick in and he notices a footpath leading from the north towards the rubble of a collapsed tower. As it follows it, the weasel sees a concealed entrance. A dusty canvas tarp hides this entrance, blending in with the surrounding stonework and rubble.

OOC: I'm back from vacation all relaxed! As those who played in my group earlier know, I'm using Roll20 for mapping purposes. It will allow you to move tokens on the board. The map below is from the Roll20 site. I just annotated a screen shot. We'll continue to message play, but this will be our chess board, so-to-speak.

A couple of things...
1) Get yourselves into the game by clicking on this link: LMP game on Roll20. Those of you who are new to Roll20 for this game don't have character set up yet. I need you to accept the invitation and that doesn't always work. I might need an email address to send you a separate invitation. I'll create a token for you and the basic character. You need to have an account and have joined the game before I can do that, though.

2) Roll20 is used for live play. That means that your camera is turned on when more than 1 person is in the game site. Some of us leave the web page open and walk away for many hours, then come back not realizing that the camera is on even if you're reading then news or doing something else. I recommend going into the setup (there's a gear in the top right hand corner of the screen) and setting

Video + Voice to
I want to broadcast to others: Nothing
I want to receive from others: Nothing

if you want to stay private. I probably won't do that. I'll have sound and video enabled when I'm online because I run my FTF games there (Zeim plays remotely). It's just something to keep in mind.

3) I have not updated the PC's for their new levels. You could do that if you feel like it.

4) Maybe, when we get close to the end, we'll set up a final game day to finish up the module and do it live. That might be cool. But that's for a later time.

Attached Images
crag1.png (213.72 KB, 9 downloads)
Zeim #873783 Tue 21/02/17 20:21 UTC
M
M
OK ... set up an account ... but, Nope ... no gear on any screen I could find <shrug>

MikeD
Zeim #873785 Tue 21/02/17 20:33 UTC
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Here it is MikeD:

Attached Images
Roll20-Gear.jpg (13.14 KB, 47 downloads)
Last edited by Zeim; Tue 21/02/17 20:36 UTC.
Zeim #873787 Tue 21/02/17 20:45 UTC
and if you cannot see it, there's the 3 horizontal parallel lines in the screen shot Zeim posted. It opens up that right-hand pane.

Zeim #873792 Tue 21/02/17 22:22 UTC
I set up my account, too.

Page 4 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 36 37

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
LaBerge
LaBerge
Christchurch, New Zealand
Forum Statistics
Forums102
Topics2,799
Posts139,091
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy