Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Barry Mulvihill), 44 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Don Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone out there familiar with a film called Doctor Justice and if so can you name an actor in it besides Gert Fröbe?

M
M
Yes, but since I visit IMDB regularly, which I have been told is 'cheating', I can not say anything ... except to ask if have you watched Barbarella recently? The title role in Dr J (not the ball player) also played one of my favorite characters in Barbarella ... which is why I happened to have seen Dr. Justice <weg>

MikeD
Don Offline OP
OP Offline
MikeD (and everyone else)

Visiting IMDB regularly isn't cheating, I've put up answers to movies I've never seen, that isn't cheating so long as you know the answer outside the game.

If say you were looking up say The Longest Day because you wanted to know what year it was made and couldn't help but notice that two of Elizabeth Taylor's husbands were in it and then two days later someone played Michael Todd, replying The Longest Day would not be cheating, even if you had never seen it.

If on the other hand had someone played Micheal Todd and you said 'Who the hell is that?' then went to IMDB to ook him up, and said oh he was in The Longest Day with Richard Burton, then that would be cheating.

See the difference?

It doesn't matter how you know the answer so long as you didn't look it up specifically. Poking around the internet is a legimiate way to pick up info on stars and movies so long as it isn't in relation to the turn being played.

EX: This happens to me a lot. I see someone in a movie or on TV and say why does that person look familiar so I go to IMDB and punch them up and look through their Filmography until I recognize something and go 'AH, Ha they were in a that TV I used to watch!" Then if someone happens to play that person the next day or even later the next day it wouldn't be cheating to answer with a movie I remember from that scanning.

This case in particular is even more extreme because it sounds like you actually saw Doctor Justice and knew That John Phillip Law was in it. In this case just that fact that you look at IMDB two or three times a day (or more) wouldn't have prevented you from playing him.

It is only cheating when you use the internet specially to hunt up the answer.

It also isn't cheating to use IMDB to check the year a film was made, the correct spelling of an actor's name or the spelling of a movie title so long as you knew the answer before you looked.

M
M
Well ... unfortunately it seems like one big grey area to me <chuckle>

MikeD

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tusk
Member Spotlight
Lionhawke
Lionhawke
Seattle, WA, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,843
Posts140,926
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy