Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
4 members (Asta, Phoenix Prime, Vryx, Zeim), 43 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Bekkah

She looked down on the young girl as she examined the flower. She wasn't sure what to make of her. A village of people that never interacted with others, would explain her strange behavior.

Then she spoke, telling Bekkah in her own way not to go to the village. That got a raised eyebrow from the Atteran, but she said nothing. That kind of reaction was as new to her as Cinnamon bread was to the girl.

She looked across the small bridge and noticed her companions at a marketday stall. She waved to them and smiled.

"Would you like to meet some of my friends?"

Wolf #861277 Mon 19/09/16 02:32 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Waverider’s Watch
The Dirkwood Forest
Restday, the Fifth Day of Yrick

Kadri, Cesare, Mikal, Bekkah, Keiko, Lyric, and Pietro

“...cor, who would’a thought. They ‘ave been at each other’s throats for generations; even to the point of offerin’ their youngest princess up to the Montagues for marrying...”

Of course, gossip would be one of the major trading items of a market day, with bits and pieces of conversation sifting through the crowd. If Kadri wanted to track down a particularly interesting thread, one could do so if one took an active role in eavesdropping. But for now, it was just scraps of conversation, a little bit here, a little bit there from a great variety of sources.

“...since when did Missus Miller start takin’ in boarders...”

“...well mebbe they’ll try marryin’ our young Master to their young Heiress. I been told they make a right handsome couple at the courts and all, quite sweet and even romantic. Maybe their stars have finally uncrossed...”

“...Marketday, eh? And then only on a Marketday?”

“...Aye, a Rhoni lass for the last few months. If’n ye talk to her nicely, I heard tell she read the Cards for thee. But another? Maybe she’s a niece or someone visitin’. What, you don’t believe Missus Miller ‘as relatives that could survive ‘er?”

“...but I hear he’s already gotten himself married. To one of those horse riding lassies from the Plains of Kaa.”

“Well, he has so many girlfriends I hear... one for every town along the Highland Path. Why, I heard he actually has a lass from here of all places!”

“...and where are they between Marketdays? Oh. Yes. Of course.”

“...that’s kind of scary, though, mark my words. If the Allaines and Kories are all nice, that bottles up the Montague – especially with Brockman’s becoming a ward of them both. They got little place to go... except out into the hills and farms...”

For Cesare, as the sun rose towards Her zenith, his wish would be coming true. All through the morning, there would be the hints – meat over a small cook fire, the scent of rare spices that were traded for yesterday being used today, the youngest tugging on their elders’ tunics asking for a piece of licorice, cinnamon being used in bread, and even more savory tastes being mixed into stews and thick bean based soups.

By the time for the midday meal, he could find everything from meat upon a skewer to soups and bread. There was not a bevy of merchants to choose from, however, just two. This was a small market, after all. One for the simple kabobs – and this missus, from the back of small wagon, would heat up squares of meat and vegetables to order. The stews and soups were drawn from a pair of pots in Missus Blackhair’s kitchen. She had a board set up on saw horses in front of her house where folks could sit and rest while they ate.

As for Mikal, the weapons traded here were the kind for slaying meals – knives and spoons mostly. The tinkers that sold them were also busy trading pots and pans and pierced tin lamps. One had an oddity tucked in a tall cup, at the very back of his wares and obviously not for sale – a spoon made, of all things, from a suspiciously black metal.

Clothes, however, were a different matter... a much more difficult one. He would find himself in competition with most of the goodwives and their daughters as they bartered with another pair of merchants, to purchase clothes for themselves and their family. There were all sorts of tunics – long and short, circle and keyed collar, over and under, laced chemises and some double or quarter paneled for hard work. Most were linen, and the more expensive ones had embroidered trim running around cuffs and hems. There were surcoats and breeches, too. The colors tended to be simple... browns and greens in various shades. Certain colors were hard to find – blue, white and red – probably because they were church colors had significant meaning if worn.

A bit further off, beneath the shadow of the Dirkwood Forest, the conversations both light and tense of the four most recently met had continued.

Now She almost at Her zenith and none of them had eaten since dawn. As the three had their chance to wander the length and breadth of the small farmer’s market, it became pretty well assured that the four just a little bit down the path to the east indeed included Bekkah and Keiko. They were in conversation with two strangers – a horseman and a woman.

The four had finally reached the small hamlet proper at the wagon and baskets where cheeses and some excellent looking meat pies were sold, where they might soon be facing another untested challenge – meeting Bekkah’s friends.

Wolf #861291 Mon 19/09/16 10:06 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

Hungry already, though he had done little to earn that today, he contemplated what was on offer. Thinking he might wait until the others decided to eat, he purchases a skewer from the woman in the small wagon, something he could eat as he continued to wander.

He notices people approaching, Bekkah clearly in white at the front of the group and he raises a hand in greeting as they are still a little way off, relieved that she is returned. He wonders who they are. Not forest folk by the look of them. Then he realises that one of them is the Rhoni girl. Immediately he feels tense. Either she has taken a dislike to him or he has unwittingly crossed some unseen line. He is not sure if he cares to find out which.

He nibbles at his skewer, his eyes returning to the stall next to the wagon, though why he would be interested in lanterns is any one's guess.

Wolf #861297 Mon 19/09/16 13:09 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus

Kadri looks to the newcomers, turns, and essays a bow, arms crossed and clasping the alternate shoulder. If this was the new Dama Korie she was dressed rather informally. She was also barely five feet tall in shoes.

"Bekkah, good to see you again - I think you had Mikal - and myself - no doubt Cesare concerned.

She turns to the one who was of Rames.

'Greetings, and welcome to Waverider's watch - is there anything we might be able to do for you while you are here? A fine horse you have."

She studies it for a second.

"And from the look very well cared for, and comfortable with the the one she allows the honor of riding her"

She winks.

"I am Kadri djinn Khayriyah djinn Terilanquel al'Korie if you wish to be formal. Just plain Kadri by preference. If you wish to be very formal I could make that name very long indeed, and such would likely please my mother but then we would be here all night."

She grins pleasantly.

She nods to Keiko and the other girl acknowledging them - but until she knew what sort of follower of Rames this particular man was, it would be best to address him first.

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Mon 19/09/16 13:58 UTC.
Bekkah

She gave Kadri a smile.

"Hello Kadri dear. I do feel bad about that. It was a spur of the moment thing, and I knew the guys would be worried. I will do my best to make it up to them."

She then turned to her new companions.

"Kadri, this is Squire Pietro, and this delightful girl is Lyric."

"This is one of my companions, Kadri."

Wolf #861306 Mon 19/09/16 13:58 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Keiko

As she fell in step beside Lyric, Keiko spoke quietly to her. “If you need help to keep from being overwhelmed by all of this...” She eyed the marketplace and the people in front of them. “...please tell me what I can do, even if it is only something as simple as staying by your side and holding your hand.

“There are so many new and different things and people at the Restday market. Sometimes the tinker has so many things in his cart that I find it distracting,” she added with a smile.

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Wolf #861309 Mon 19/09/16 14:34 UTC
Online Away

Lyric

The girl with the flowers in her hair watched as Bekkah spoke with Kadri. She dressed as though she might be from a place far away. A place Lyric might never see in her lifetime. But, who was to know what awaited her on this Journey into the What Will Be though.

Kadri introduced herself with a string of names and a preferred name. It was as 'Rhymesical' and melodic sounding as Keiko's names, but the al'Korie thing struck her as it seemed as important in the hearing as it was in the saying. That was a Talantal name. This woman was part of the Imperial Nobility... somehow...

Bekkah did the introductions for both Pietro and herself and Lyric offered a modified curtsy with her head lowered. Until she knew more it was probably best to extend a reasonable amount of deference. It was a lesson learned just recently and one she wished she knew before trotting up to 'amuse' Lady Bekkah.

Dama Korie, Kadri by preference, focused her attentions on Squire Pietro and that seemed appropriate. Keiko remained by her side and spoke quietly.

"Thank you," she replied as quietly. "All is well... I was just thinking about home for a bit. It is fine though, Home was Then, Waverider Reach is In the Now. And in the Now, I want to make a good impression. I'm not sure I did that with Lady Bekkah. I don't think she cares much for me... But I don't know. Maybe there are rules I don't know about, so I will be more careful."

Wolf #861342 Mon 19/09/16 20:33 UTC
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)

Mikal

He does not intend to get into any sort of competition with the locals if the availability is limited, so once he sees the press of people around the clothing merchant, he says to the vendor, "Once everyone else has bought what they want, and before you pack up for the day, if you have anything left call me over. I will take a look and perhaps buy some of the left-overs."

With no weapons or armour for sale, there is little left for him to browse so he purchases some licorice to save for later and buys a bowl of stew and some bread and finds a large rock to sit upon to eat it as he watches Bekkah, Keiko, and the two newcomers approach.

Swiping the bottom of the bowl with the last bit of the bread, he returns the bowl to Missus Blackhair's table.

Turning he can see as he was eating that Kadri had approached the group of 4, who have paused just at the edge of the first vendor's wagon and is in casual discussion.

Seeing them closer now, he can see the mounted and armoured figure appears to be a follower of Rames, and considering the conversation he just had with Kadri not more than few minutes ago, it seems awfully suspicious.

The girl with flowers in her hair is quite pretty, and much more in the "simple village girl" way than Bekkah. No matter how much Bekkah tries to fight it, her position afforded to her by her goddess makes her more than a bit intimidating.

So, licking the last of the quite good stew from his fingers, he wanders over in the direction of Kadri, Bekkha, Keiko, and the two newcomers.

It is only a few yards stroll, so he arrives fairly quickly. Nodding companionably to Kadri, Bekkah, and Keiko, he does his best to mask the worry he had felt for Bekkah the prior sleepless night.

"New friends?" He asks. He keeps a safe distance from the horse, it is not easy to tell at first glance, but if it is a trained warhorse they can be dangerous.

The newcomers can see a man in his late twenties with a short beard and longish hair. Perhaps 6 feet tall, his face shows more wear and lines than his age would normally allow, and there is a certain weariness about him, although his smile seems to come easily to his face. He walks gracefully, with the balanced gait of a fighting man.

Last edited by Zeim; Mon 19/09/16 20:45 UTC.
Wolf #861345 Mon 19/09/16 20:42 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
{OOC: Poor Pietro... climbing up and down, on and off his horse... it might make most people think he's more than a little daft.}

Wolf #861347 Mon 19/09/16 20:49 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Keiko

Keiko looked from Lyric to Lady Bekkah and back again, shaking her head slightly.

“I do not think you need take Lady Bekkah’s contemplative nature as dislike, Lyric. She was similarly quiet on our journey to the Forest Kin Home yesterday, and nearly as quiet on our return here this morning.” The Rhoni shrugged. “I have only known her since yesterday, but she has much goodness and kindness in her heart. Perhaps she simply prays a lot?”

There seemed to be more people at the market today than there had been in weeks past, though that was likely only her imagination. Unless she was looking for something specific at Missus Miller’s behest, she generally avoided the Restday market. She much preferred the market for the Forest Folk — they did not ask her to read her Cards for them as the human folk did. It wasn’t that she minded, of course; she just liked... well, not to be surprised by it all. Her Deck? Well, the Cards didn’t much care one way or the other — serious questions were given serious answers; foolish questions were given foolish answers.

And having nothing in particular to say to either Dama Kadri nor Mikal, she remained silent.

Wolf #861359 Mon 19/09/16 22:52 UTC

Pietro

Leading Djinni with a light touch on her reins, the squire of Rames paused when the others did and looked around the marketplace, oddly busy, he thought, for the day after Marketday.

Then the diminutive young woman greeted him with what appeared to be a formal salute and he realized she must be the new spouse of Dominic Korie he'd heard about.

Pietro saluted her in return, his right fist to the left side of his chest accompanied by a slight bow.

"I am honored to greet you in the name of Lord Rames, Dama Korie," he said with a polite smile.

"I am Squire Pietro Keir Hansson, son of Knight Marshall Hans Keurig of Talantal, but that, also, is more name than I feel like carrying. I prefer being called Pietro. And I have no current needs, but I do appreciate your gracious offer... I am just traveling in the service of my Lord the Protector."

Pietro glanced over and slightly upward at the taller man, Jvrillian, he was pretty sure. The squire was perhaps six inches over five feet with long brown hair and a slim, agile looking build. He wore a chain mail shirt with matched greaves. Hanging from his belt were a small war axe and a shortsword.

Wolf #861407 Tue 20/09/16 04:05 UTC
Online Away

Lyric

Lyric nodded at Keiko belief that patience was in order where Lady Bekkah was concerned. That, and not to read too much into any reactions yet...

She too remained silent for a time as Kadri of the Many Names and Squire Pietro continued their introductions as though there was a formality to it. A custom or tradition perhaps?

She noted the approach of another man, less formal in his attire and in his demeanor, but he too seemed focused on the interaction between Kadri and Pietro.

Wolf #861471 Tue 20/09/16 17:10 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"So what service to your lord the protector might bring you to these parts?"

Wolf #861525 Tue 20/09/16 21:59 UTC
Pietro

Pietro cocked his head slightly to one side and frowned in thought for a moment before responding to the Dama Korie's question.

"Why, nothing specific, Dama Korie. I am traveling the land in search of those who might need the protection of Lord Rames."

He spread his hands wide, hands up in an all-inclusive gesture.

"Not meaning to be sarcastic, but I have to be somewhere."

Wolf #861545 Tue 20/09/16 23:04 UTC
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
(OOC - PP - Just to clarify, the picture shows a horse, but Mikal is on foot.)

Mikal

He stops, standing near to Kadri, and waits politely to be introduced by any of those he knows.

He listens carefully to the exchange between Squire Pietro and Kadri. He has his own suspicions, but he's jumped to some conclusions lately and so tries not to do so here.

He is wearing a casual tunic of homespun wool in butternut, that is a bit worse for wear, and leather pants and boots made for riding. The only weapon he carries is an oddly fashioned dagger in a sheath in the small of his back.

Wolf #861547 Tue 20/09/16 23:10 UTC
Online Away

Lyric

Lyric smiled but just as quickly glanced aside, demurring on any potential attention that might detract from the Squire's interaction with the Dama Korie.

But she inwardly approved of the response. He did indeed 'have to be somewhere'. That was what drew her smile.

While it was curious how the Dma reacted, pleasant but circumspect, Lyric couldn't help but think the Dama was none to fond of strangers herself. Lyric knew how that felt.

Further, it did seem as if the Dama was guarded in her greeting, despite having the lady of Attera in the Squire's presence. Were not all Imperial servants regarded the same? Was not the Dama married to a scion of the Kories, one of the principle houses of the Imperials?

What a lovely view. Where does that stream go? I wonder how far away the ocean is. I would like to see the ocean.

Still the smile wouldn't fade despite redirecting her thoughts and her attention.

Wolf #861548 Tue 20/09/16 23:22 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"This. Is Mikal, my bodyguard and trusted friend."

She motions.

"That gentleman over there is Cesare."

She motions to him.

"Also my trusted friend."

She says pointedly, then looks back to Pietro.

"So, Pietro - if you are planning on at least temporarily making your somewhere be here, then I may as well invite you to dinner."

She motions to include the rest of them.

"The rest of you as well. I am not yet sure what I can get prepared for you as I only just arrived myself, but I am sure we can find something, even if only simple fare."

She looks over at Lyric.

"Lyric - that is an intriguing name. Is it merely symbolic, or can you also sing?"

Wolf #861549 Tue 20/09/16 23:27 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
[OOC: Please wait for me! I'm three hours behind where I used to be and I'm still at work. Thank you.]

Wolf #861568 Wed 21/09/16 05:54 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Keiko

Keiko paid little attention to the conversation around her; instead, she looked out across the market field. She noted that the Lost Rhoni was leaning against one of the merchant’s wagons. He looked like he was going to stay there, too. She shrugged to herself. Apparently, the currents were steering her in a different direction at the moment — proper introductions would have to wait.

Well, Lady Bekkah had a promise to keep, and before Lady Bekkah could pray to her Goddess about the promise, Keiko needed to consult with her Cards.

If you can’t find the Wave, then just wait for it... and ride it.

Grandfather had liked to say that.

The young Rhoni girl looked at the healer and started to step forward, barely shifting her weight, before feeling the tug of another current.

That was passing strange. She blinked and looked around the market again. She even looked pointedly at the Forest, wondering if the Shadows there were the cause. But no... with a puzzled expression, she shook her head. However, as she looked at those around her one more time, still heedless of the conversations, it took considerable concentration to see Lyric’s pale, chestnut-framed face and feel the force of the wave that caught her when she looked at the other girl.

Keiko blinked and everything seemed so clear and obvious and harmonious that she almost laughed. Instead, she smiled as she whispered to Lyric, who appeared transfixed by the stream, “Follow me, Lyric. It’s... Harmony, balance... you are necessary. I think. For balance.” Once she had caught Lyric’s attention, she nodded and pointed to the millhouse that was perched halfway up the tall rock. “My room is up there. The view is... indescribable. In a wonderful way.”

Then she stepped to Lady Bekkah’s side and gently encircled the healer’s wrist with one small hand.

“Come, Lady Bekkah. The currents are flowing quickly. We both have questions to ask, and now is the time to begin riding that wave.”

The others — the squire, Dama Kadri, the Jvrillian — were conversing still. Assuming that Lyric and Lady Bekkah followed her, Keiko just nodded to the others as she passed and made her way up the stone steps to the mill house.

She paused at each of the landings, however, to allow Lyric a chance to look at the surrounding area. How often had she looked out over the fields and farms, the little houses, the Blackwater, the Forest itself in her first few weeks here? She’d lost count... and she still found something new to see each time. Perhaps they would have time later to speak of the differences, of the similarities, of the wonders of former homes, present homes, and journeys of walking the World.

At the first landing, she had waved in the direction of the Forest at the edge of the market field. Her friends might have guessed that all was well — for now — but Keiko did owe them the courtesy of verifying her wellbeing. Hopefully, she would see Broke tomorrow... later today? Well, at some point after Lady Bekkah concluded her contemplations.

“Later, or perhaps tomorrow, we can visit Mikkie at the top of the tower if you’d like,” she said to Lyric. “He likes to sit in the sunlight and just enjoy Her blessings. There is much wisdom in his silence. And the mill stream starts up there, too, near the tower. It always seems happy to me.” She looked at the healer then as they continued walking. “Thomas sniffs his nose at me when I say that and Jerris rolls his eyes. Mikkie at least pretends to take me seriously.”

She thought she saw movement in her dormer window, which would be odd. Oh. Well, unless she left the window open yesterday, which she probably did, so the breeze was probably making an exceptional mess.

Reaching the level of the mill, Keiko paused to survey the land once more... to give her companions a chance to look around a bit before she led them inside. The Millers had a good-sized room of their own off the mill. It was a combination kitchen and living space, clean and cozy. There was a sleeping nook off to one side with a loft for storage. There was a stew simmering in a large hanging pot on the hearth; the fire was low, but Keiko stepped over to stir the stew anyway. It was just something she did for Missus Miller. Besides, it smelled so good! It’s possible her tummy rumbled just a little. There was a fresh loaf of bread cooling on the table.

Against the wall, this homey room shared with the mill was a ladder.

“My room is up above the mill itself. It’s not really as noisy as Missus Miller made it out to be when I first arrived.” She chuckled as she walked over to the ladder, motioning them to follow. “Or maybe I’ve gotten used to it. Let me go up first... I think I left the window open, so I fear some of my pasteboards may have scattered about the room. Lady Bekkah, I think you will like the window seat.” Keiko stopped after two rungs and looked back at Lyric. “Oh. You would like it, too, Lyric. But the view is so...” She sighed as she smiled; it was a peaceful sound. “Well, even I lose track of time. You don’t mind sitting on the floor, do you?” Without waiting for an answer — yet believing and trusting that they would follow — Keiko continued up the ladder until her head and shoulders were lost to the upper reaches of the building.

Lady Bekkah and Lyric could hear her gasp of surprise and then an exclamation of elation as she scampered the rest of the way up the ladder.

“Tomomi!!! How did you get here? I’m so happy to see you! Lady Bekkah, Tomomi is here!”

She moved to the hatch in the floor to help Lady Bekkah and Lyric into her room, but the presence of the additional person already waiting in her room unmistakably filled the Rhoni with joy.

[OOC: Many thanks to Bekkah’s and Lyric’s players for allowing me to take some liberties with their characters. I did my best to be gentle! It might look rushed, but the journey from the bottom of the steps to the bottom of the ladder was reasonably leisurely (despite the sometimes steep steps, no one is out of breath). Agus go raibh maith agat, mo Wolf daor... for giving me the space to do this.]

Wolf #861583 Wed 21/09/16 12:08 UTC
Online Away
OOC: only fair to try to weave all things together

Lyric

At the speaking of the High Tarnan girl's name, her self-imposed exile was shattered. No more could she feign amusement in things about her after the Dama had called her.

Given name, she met Dama Kadri's inquiry with a direct meeting of the eyes. Her own pale blue eyes were like two pools of water. The shade of them was not brilliant and hardly noteworthy in the ways light might play against some blues but, rather because of the paleness of this shade, light seemed to get lost in hers. It made her somewhat captivating in a sense, because people often tried to read deep into the soul of a person through their eyes. Lyric's eyes were a song and story all their own...

She bowed slightly in deference but unfamiliar with the proper protocol for greeting the Dama of a Korie noble. When she spoke, there indeed was a lyrical quality to her voice. She spoke in measured tone and cadence, almost lilting in the Highside Tarn accent.

"It is my Name and what you hear is what it means. I have been told that my gifting is my voice and so my name means Voice. I would like to believe I can sing well enough to amuse those who spare the time to listen. Perhaps later you might spare some of your time to listen as well?"

Wolf #861588 Wed 21/09/16 12:38 UTC
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Mikal - with Keiko, Bekkah, Kadri, Lyric, Pietro, and a not too distant Cesare, then without Lyric, Bekkah, and Keiko

He tips his head in acknowledgement as he is introduced. He listens to the girl's reply, smiling. "For myself, I would love to listen, if you are willing to share." She seems a bit distracted, but she is the first girl he's met who looks like she came from the same simple background as he did since Celi.

He is about to say more, but before he can do so Keiko takes both she and Bekkah and heads off.

**Odd,** he thinks, suspecting it has something to do with whatever happened in the forest.

"Ladies." He says as they pass by, with a short bow. **I guess time for talk will have to be later.**

He turns back to the Squire and Kadri. Kadri has just invited the Squire for dinner, which is probably wise, in addition to polite.

He adds, with a wave towards one of the farmhouses. "The farmhouse there has a stable. Our mounts are there. I think they'd be able to hold one more."

He then points up to the tower atop the hill. "You are welcome to find a spot to sleep and store your gear in the Watchtower. I can't promise a bed", he pauses a moment, glancing at Cesare and recalling the night before, "oh, I think there might actually be one available in the tower."

Wolf #861607 Wed 21/09/16 15:27 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri

"I have been told that I have a passing pleasant enough voice for singing, albeit a mostly untrained one. I also can spin a good tale. I would very much welcome hearing you sing. If you wish, you could join us for dinner - Keiko is welcome too - and perhaps there we could all hear you sing?"

Wolf #861615 Wed 21/09/16 16:28 UTC
Online Away

Lyric

"I am grateful for the invitation Dama Korie," replied Lyric with a slight nod of her head. "I hope I do not disappoint and spoil your evening."

And the man who was named Mikal by the Dama had also offered his willingness to be entertained. Of course, if she failed in that effort, then she likely wouldn't get another opportunity. But such was the life of a minstrel.

"You are kind to welcome me," she said to Mikal.

her eyes drifted back over to the stream and thought she might like to spend some time thinking and gathering herself before this performance took place. It seemed peaceful and a little removed.

But then the Rhoni girl then seemed struck by an idea that led her to take an action, and that action seemed to spawn an endeavor very quickly. Perhaps too quickly. Lyric was swept up in the enthusiasm and followed, as she was beckoned, to the next awaiting adventure.

Lyric cast a glance to Pietro and her expression was a bit plaintive. He was her shelter in the storm that things had suddenly become after meeting the Atteran and the Rhoni. Truth be told, leaving home was the actual storm. The Atteran and the Rhoni just intensified it upon their appearance.

"Come find me in the soon to be," she tried to whisper to him before the Rhoni's latest wave swept her under...

Wolf #861657 Wed 21/09/16 23:10 UTC

Pietro

Things were moving quickly - perhaps too quickly for his preference - but then again, it had been more than a fullhand of days since he had met so many strangers at once.

He tried to take things in order or as close to it as he could manage.

"You are good to be so helpful to a stranger, Mikal," he said and gave a modified, slightly toned down version of the salute he'd offered to Dama Korie on their meeting.

"And Lyric has a fine voice and she is good at telling the funny tales."

"I am sure your singing voice is also entertaining, Dama," he said to the newlywed of house Korie.

"It will be pleasant for both Djinni and I to be domiciled and granted the sustenance you offer." His gesture included both Kadri and Mikal.

Then he turned back to Lyric and the rather plaintive expression on her young face pained him. His first inclination was to follow her and the other two ladies, invitation or no, but, after a moment's reflection, he decided that would not be the... diplomatic option.

"Call out for me... or send word to me and I will be there, Miss Lyric."

Pietro watched as they left, then turned his attention back to Mikal and Kadri.

"Have you a contract with Dama Korie, Mikal?"

Wolf #861665 Wed 21/09/16 23:40 UTC
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Mikal

"Indeed I do, Squire Pietro. I am the head of her bodyguard and look after her safety personally."

He pauses a moment, then adds, "I see you know something of Jvrillians. Our small group has had the company of a Squire or two in the past. But they were in duty to a Knight. You mentioned your father, but are you then free of all such attachments?"

He stops before continuing. "But you must be tired from the road. Why don't you dismount and we'll get you settled and still have time for you to shop the Market here? There's plenty of time to learn about each other and why we're here."

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Miales
Miales
Conway, Ar
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,855
Posts141,384
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy