Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (AquaDyne, Phoenix Prime, Barry Mulvihill), 45 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Jayden

"I don't like being kept out in the dark, Grandpa. And what kind of danger are you talking about?"

"Down the hall someplace," he muttered. "What kind of thing did they find?"

Jayden left the room and headed in the direction he thought the spirit had indicated, his hand moving into his jacket pocket and touching the handle of the pistol there.

AJ Offline
Shadow

Ever so softly, the shadow of a cat replied,

"We need to cut the streams, stop it feeding on the Burdens. If we can find something to power a ward, I'd suggest warding it away, sever its connection. If we can return the energy to source, so much the better. If need be, we attack, but what it is matters less than what it is doing, and stopping it doing that matters more than killing it."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

She nods slowly and then realises that Shadow can't see her.

"Well in that case I need to hunt but maybe not so close to here. The prey should be natural not tainted by anything here. I'll head back aways and see if I can find anything.. though I haven't seen any traces that I've noticed."

She pauses.

"Maybe I could use my blood..?"

AJ Offline
Shadow

He softly hissed,

"It would take a lot of blood, and the blood of a sentient, even a willing sentient, even your own, is very dangerous ground. See what you can find. I was able to cut the link earlier by interposing, whilst you are gone, I'll try that."

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Jayden walked up the hall and did not see anything that resembled his cat nor anything odd that he could notice.

The cats finished their discussion. A quick search gave little sign of anything resembling prey. Possibly in one of the rooms that were less bothered by troublesome burdens?

Jayden

"Point me in the right direction, Gramps," Jayden whispered.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

"Be careful" she says to Shadow, concerned that he will be on his own.

She will use her nose and her senses to try and find any evidence of prey in the area. Difficult as everything there are overriding scents to contend with.

She passes her burden with a quick look to make sure he is alright and the spirit is still with him.

Jayden

The hair on the back of his neck briefly prickled upward and he shivered slightly as he looked around, wondering if Dizzy was close by.

He saw nothing, however.

"Just nerves, I guess," he muttered.

AJ Offline
Shadow

With the younger cat on the hunt, the Shaper tried to make good use of his two-dimensionality, looking to get between this creature and the sources of its aberrant feasting, putting his body on the line to try and shear off all the energy paths, to interpose himself and run interference.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: Shadow... I have done the rolling up to this point, but do you want to roll 4df for this one? Or shall I continue?]

Gramps is silent for a moment. Then he says "well she just passed you headed the other way."

Tiger is having a hard time locating prey immediately, however she is a determined cat, and begins to get to areas where the scents are less obscured. In particular she comes to one door which if opened might lead to something in the way of prey. If only she had opposable thumbs and could operate door handle?

Jayden

Jayden scowled back over his shoulder, wondering how the cat could have gotten past him without his noticing her. He turned and headed in the direction indicated by his... spirit guide?

"Dizzy, where are you, girl?"

AJ Offline
Shadow

Shadow interposing
AJ rolled 4df and got -1

(Yeah, you'd better continue. wink )

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

She needs her burden. Turning she sees him start to head in her direction. Is his intuition growing? Interesting thought. She needs to get him to open the door and she needs to be visible for that. Even if she talks to the spirit, he will hear noise from out of thimn air. Slipping across the corridor or into a shadowed area, she will reappear and then head for the door meowing and scratching at it.

It is a risk but too much is at stake right now and Shadow in on his own.

Jayden

Jayden turned toward the sound of her meowing and there she was. He could hardly believe it as he'd just looked in that direction only moments before, but now there she was and he moved to her side.

"The door again, huh, Dizzy?" he asked, pausing and looking down at the little feline. He squatted, briefly scratched behind her ears with one hand while he pushed open the door with his other hand.

"You stay close now, you hear? I'll be right behind you."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

She takes a good look and scent in the new area. Her burden doesn't seem to be going away again though. She may need to disappear again. She is concerned that her burden will scare off the prey.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The door opens to a janitorial closet, though most of the cleaners are closed up in bottles, so the smell isn't too bad. It is slightly larger than some of that kind might be, and in the back along the wall there is a place where prey has chewed through the wall and made an entrance.

-----------------
Shadow finds that his two dimensional form isn't having any effect here, in the room with the thing. Though when bathed in the energy from the burdens, he does feel a bit better, stronger, more energetic. It is fleeting, and stops the moment that he moves.

The thing doesn't seem to notice Shadow, or maybe it doesn't care.

AJ Offline
Shadow

He recoils from the sensation, for the energy is not Mine, not something he had claimed, and claiming it at all was deeply wrong. For anyone. He reverted to three-dimensionality and hissed at the Thing: The plan now hinged on Tiger returning to help ward it, and that meant drawing its attention.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

Some good possibilities here but she needs her burden to move on. So she settles down in the doorway so he can't shut it again and watches the hole intently. Hopefully he'll get the hint.

Jayden

He stood, grunting as his right knee popped.

"Okay, cat, in or out. Make up your mind."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

He is making those noises again. She looks up at him. Best ignore him. She turns back to watch for prey.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Dizzy ignored him, and continued to stare into the cleaning closet.

Grandfather ignored him and continued to remain silent.

The thing in the room ignored Shadow just to round out the afternoon.

As Dizzy watched she caught sight of a twitch little nose. It wouldn't come out with her burden so close, but it was obviously considering something. Maybe that little bit of cheese stuck on that trap over there.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Tiger-Lily/Dizzy

She is a hunter.. and hunters have patience. Besides she can't let Shadow and the other burdens down. She is as still as a rock as she watches her prey.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The prey didn't seem to want to come out of its hole while Jayden was looming in the doorway.

Off down the hall, Shadow waited.

[OOC: Up to DC to do something..]

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Waiting on Jayden]

Jayden

Jayden looked down at his cat, cocking his head to one side as he noted her tensed position. He reached down and lightly touched her head.

"What is it, Dizzy?"

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Gypsy
Member Spotlight
Pandemonium
Pandemonium
Oregon USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,844
Posts140,758
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy