Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Zeim), 47 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"... Right. Then, oh brother mine, it is time for me to make mischief, and so I must beg pardon, for I must go greet a distant horizon."

She stands, and bows.

And turns and sweeps out of the room.

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Mikal

(OOC - I actually thought Mikal had already left, but no matter.)

He follows Kadri out of the room. "I need to go talk to the Horde Captain before she leaves, ..... and Daxia."

(OOC - Wolf - Mikal goes and tracks down Dandy and Daxia to talk to them about his plan and what the heir suggested.)

Last edited by Zeim; Wed 25/02/15 01:10 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
lol

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"You know, Mkal, that you need never ask my permission. The horde captain it is."

Bekkah

She listened to Kay and couldn't really dispute what the girl said. It was a sad truth that people such as these didn't respect much. She also nodded to Romana.

"We'll take her out with us and get her settled."

The last person who spoke to her was the hardest to answer.

"They will return. Of that I have no doubt. We can return as well, but that may serve no one. Perhaps we could turn this into a place of healing for the people."

"We would have to clean this place up. But it would make it easier to help the people."

[ooc: If this is ridiculous, I have another idea (involving Finn grin)]

Last edited by Nivek; Mon 23/02/15 13:38 UTC.
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
(Involving my cat? And wolf, even if time travel, so to speak, is involved, I want to have that convo with her sister)

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Talantal, the Grand Duchy of Talantal
Morning, Rameday, the First of Fate

Bekkah

“Turn a brothel… into a hospice?”

Now it was the older woman’s time to look a bit surprised and incredulous.

“Like that can be made to happen. I’ll sooner see a shaggie prance upon a pin or trees promenade up the rings or a girl with a …

“… well to tell the truth, two out of three ain’t bad.”

She looked at the rather run down space, its wide commons, its makeshift bar, a place with rooms above for less savory things. Stepping away she slowly started to put the place back together, righting the chairs, setting the table straight.

“Do you really believe you can make that happen? What about my girls? Sure, one or mebbe two might have a healer’s, but most of them don’t know any other trade.

“But your Cathedral don’t accept street folk like us. And without this , how are they going to earn any coin? It’s not like they are the type of girls a guy would marry any more. You end up here because you don’t got a choice, so you make do. Take this away, what choices are you going to give them?

“What can you really give us, Lady?

“It’s not like we have any other skills. Who’d apprentice any of these girls?

“Really.”

Last edited by Wolf; Sun 01/03/15 18:59 UTC.
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Noon, Rameday, the First of Fate

Kadri and Mikal

If wishes were horses …

Then there would be nothing special about Amber or her people.

There are desires, contradictions, and time lost, decisions made and actions have their consequences. There was a time, when Kadri’s sister could have been easily found and as but a handful of yards away. But then she decided to go to visit the Korie lord it would be like reversing Her path. The Kierkegaards had been preparing to leave; and they did, and of course they took their bride-to-be with hem – it was only proper, it was the safe and secure path.
A swift horse might catch them; if it was desired, perhaps reaching them after dark at their first stop up the trail.

But it would be a path that separates desires; Mikal and Kadri could go chasing after Kadri’s well protected sister.

Or they could go in search of Captain Koromov and further their own plans.

Quote:
"You know, Mkal, that you need never ask my permission. The horde captain it is."

It took a while to find the Captain, and by then it was nearing dusk. It was just within the first ring, the square at the gate, her presence betrayed by her horse and two others tied before the “Bucket of Beer” – or are least that was what painted on the signboard hanging above the door. Fred was easily recognizable and the two horses beside her also shared the same distinctive gray starburst horsemark.

Inside the bar was crowded; mostly with travelers who had decided to spend an extra day or two in Talantal past the midsummers. As it was close to dinner time it was bustling, with platters of food and grog being trucked across the commons.

The two they were searching for had claimed three spots along the crowded bar. Lanky and dusty, one was Dunwich, the Horde’s quartermaster. The second was a lightly built lad, in a cloak with the hood pulled up.
Between them Dandy slowly drained a tall pewter mug, wiping her lips with the back of her hand before she slowly set it back down.

“It’s fine. I suspect she’s more sore than I …

“… and nothing like Erika.

“Duff … I need you to the chow wagons ready; Deny, you gather in the pickets; we ride up he Montague trail the moment the Allaine passes through the gates.”

Last edited by Wolf; Sun 01/03/15 23:01 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
[OOC: Hmm... I take that back. It could be April or May... June, July, never. How the blood ifreann am I supposed to reconcile that? Nah, don't go there. You know what you did.]

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Bekkah

She remained silent as the woman worked out the idea, seeing the possibilities. When she came to the obstacles, Bekkah smiled.

"I have a reputation for taking on those others would turn away as apprentices." she said looking over at Romana fondly.

"If your girls believe and will work hard then I will train them. But warn them, I will not accept anything less than true devotion to my lady. Those who think this they can lounge about should pack what they have and move on. I take my duties to my Lady very seriously."

"I also think that having your own place of healing in this ring would probably let you get some of your men to help you fix up the place where you need it."

"I know a certain Blacksmith who would probably be willing to help." she said with a smile.

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Mikal

Eyes scanning the bar, he spots at least one of those who he is looking for sitting with two other members of the Horde. Nodding his head in their direction to point them out to Kadri he walks that way.

"Captain." He says by way of greeting. "Good to see you again."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

She offers her arms-crossed bow again.

"Captain Koromov."

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
Captain Koromov

Sitting at the bar, the slender blonde seems quite comfortable; both rough hewn - with her black sword and riveted hauberk. Between her and her two companions there is a decent sized wooden bucket from which they occasionally dip their steins to draw them back filled with a dark beer. But then too she is an anomaly, her features could also pass for any farmer's lithe daughter, leaving folks wondering how she could bear the weight of hr own gear.

Duffy looks over his shoulder, recognizing the two and as such then returned to his drink.

The other nudged the Captain, acknowledging their guests.

Captain Dandelion Koromov too looked back, over her shoulder.

"Aye?"

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He gets the bartenders attention. "Refill the bucket, and bring two more steins?" He glances at Dandy. "If you don't mind? I have something to talk with you about."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri pulls the appropriate amount of coin and puts it down on the bar as payment.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Noon, Rameday, the First of Fates

Bekkah

“Lassie, for a fine Imperial Lady, you got a kind heart, want to do good – which is bloody rare in this circle – and you certainly do hear, but you ain’t too good at listening are you…?”

The elder of the disreputable ladies crossed her arms and gave Bekkah a slow, measured look.

“It’s not that we couldn’t use a hospice down in this ring. But in the last two days we’ve seen more of your folks than we do in a normal year. And I suspect you are speaking true and right…

“…but are you planning on moving in with that big bloke Finn? What happens when you continue on your way?”

This woman, she obviously did not know how to ask easy questions.

“You don’t seem to get it, do you? I am sure some of the gals would love the chance to wear cream and white. And I am sure a portion of those would actually end up taking to the Church.

“But what about the others? Like me? We don’t need healing, dear lady. We need crowns. Actually a fullhand of pennies a five-day would be nice. To buy bread, some meat, hire out a place to sleep that ain’t a back alley.

“But for that you need work. I ain’t afraid of work, and I ain’t looking for charity. Most of the gals that end up her end up here because they got nothing else. Nin schoolin’, nin trade, nin any skill someone would pay for except layin’ on one’s back.

“The conditions are pretty bad, but it’s work. Stars watch from above – and some of the girls actually do like the work, you know.

“Sure, you’d make a nice place here in our Ring, and we do bloody well need it. And it would help some. But the others… they’d just end up in a place like this only somewhere else, and once again end up bein’ preyed upon by the dregs who can’t get through the Gate without dark folk connections or a bribe.

“How to say this? We don’t need a fancy bandage, Lady. We need the real hurt dealt with.”

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Late Evening, Rameday, the First of Fates

Kadri and Mikal

The Captain of the Wild Horde looked between Mikal and Kadri, her head tilting a bit as she dipped her mug into the bucket to refresh her drink. If anything, it appeared the slight framed swordswoman had another hidden talent; she certainly could hold her drink.

But then again, perhaps it was a survival trait from the lands of her wayward youth.

“You know, laddie, I have a friend in the Alley who summed this up quite nicely…”

She sipped her brew, looking back, over the top of her mug, pausing to drag off a bit of foam with the back of her forefinger.

“Now what the silver-eyed one would say …”

Denys and Dunwich looked back, Dunwich wincing a bit and Denys biting his fist as if they knew what was coming.

“Of course...

“If you didn’t, you wouldn’t be talking now.”

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He grins and takes a seat, nodding to Denys and Dunwich.

"Well, let me get right to it then. It builds on the conversation we had earlier. I am going to be forming a Troop. A Troop of combined forces focused on somewhat different tactics. I will be interviewing everyone who is interested in joining personally as I want the right mix of Troopers."

He glances around the room as he talks.

"I will be catching up with Daxia and Kay after we're done talking here to ask them if they'd like to help."

"But first I thought I might ask you if you had anyone you might recommend? Anyone ready to take on a new role who might be blocked from moving up in the Horde. Or someone you know out of your Troop who'd make a good officer?"

Bekkah

She let the woman say what she wanted then she smiled knowingly at her.

"First off thank you. Don't tell the other Imperials about my good heart, it upsets them." she said smiling, clearly teasing.

"Where I go from here. I cannot tell. I may stay a while, I may be gone soon. I go where I feel my Lady needs my help. Right now, I think that place is here."

"As far as keeping you all safe. That won't be a problem. I know some men that would not turn down my request to protect those here. Especially if we deemed this a place of healing."

"A place of healing needs many people, not just those who speak for My Lady. Patients and Lady's alike need to eat. And cleanliness is just as important to a person's healing. I can honestly tell you that I've cured more people with good bandages and the correct herbs than I have with my Lady's gifts. She has taught me to be resourceful as I bring comfort to as many as I can."

"As far as coin to pay for those willing to work here. I'm fairly confident that I can arrange for that to be taken care of as well. The church up the hill does not want for coin. Let's just say the Keep Seneschal owes me a favor so I think he'd make sure a fair amount made it's way here to help pay for a proper place for the people of this ring. In fact you may have met him the other day. Lord Trey."

"You ran this place, perhaps you'd be a good candidate to coordinate things here when I am not around. The sister's would of course be under the guidance of a priestess but the rest of the staff would need someone to keep them organized."

"As far as those who like the work they do. Well, you have me there. Nothing I say will change their minds, but at least if they need help, they'll know where to turn."

"So tell me Mistress, are you willing to give me a chance? Or do I have to do more to at least earn a chance?"

Last edited by Nivek; Wed 11/03/15 17:14 UTC.
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline

The Heartwood
Late Evening, Rameday, the First of Fates
]

Kadri and Mikal

Dandelion Koromov just smiled at Mikal’s question, letting her finger trace the circumference around the rim of her mug. She stayed quiet, knowing that it would be Dunwich that would speak up first.

“You realize that most lieutenants out there in the Guild troops would trade their eye teeth and go on a soup diet to just do picket duty in the Horde, ja? That and most of us… to tell the truth… are not the sort most other Jvrillians cotton too. There’s a reason why we are a Wild Horde and not some more martial named troop.

“If anything, we are Captain Dandy’s misfiiiiiiiiiiiii OW!”

The whap to the back of the quartermaster’s head was playful, but it was also a very firm and definite cuffing.

“That’s Captain DANDELION to you … and everyone else, Duffy. Just ‘cause I’d be broke in a fullhand without you don’t give you leave to be that familiar. Gutter rats cannot be dandies.

“But that’s true.”

The Captain of the Horde returned her attention to Mikal and Kadri.

“They are MY misfits, and they ride with the Horde because they fit with the Horde. That’s what you need to find. Find folks that fit you. Need advice? Ask Yurisdotter how to deal with ducklings.

“What I will do, however …”

Dandelion nodded.

“I will talk to Garrick, Harry and Daffyd when I swing back up to Bordertown. Bordertown’s a growing place; that’s where you’ll find folks trapped by rank and rankings.

“But on your way wherever?

“Look at the second and third sons. The first sons are well set; they get the family business. It’s the younger siblings that will have the desire to be something other than a hand me down. Even among Nobles and Imperials. Erika is the Imperial Justice. I am the swordswoman. There’s probably a lesson in that. Dazi’s ruffian … she was the youngest of a large family if I remember proper.

“That said, and more importantly …

“If we find such folks … where do we send them?”

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Noon, Rameday, the First of Fates

Bekkah

Casting Bekkah a sidelongs look, the other woman answered, still conversational but perhaps a bit stern. No, ‘stern’ wasn’t the right word. Pragmatic, practical, speaking the difference between what might be wished and what is real.

“Never said that, Missus. Ain’t never met a Lady from the cathedral, them rare that I have, that spoke an untruth; even the little ones. But having a kind heart and good intentions is a far cry from actually getting something done, and something done that will last more than a season with one such as you here… and more’n half a season once you are gone.

“And that you are leaving, eventually, well, that’s bloody obvious, ja? You certainly didn’t come from here… the city is all rocked between you and those who came with, that settling down and living in the center of the world don’t quite seem to be something bound to happen.”

Slowly the room began to quiet – the tables reset, the busted wood and glass swept away. A couple of the girls looked at the broken window curiously.

“You know, I’ve always wanted to do that to that rat.

“And did you see her? She was scrawny and looked like she ain’t seen a comb or a brush in years…”

“The white-haired one… she can’t be a real Lady of Atterra, can she? I mean… but she’s… she’s…

“…she’s first healer that didn’t treat us like we were dirty or something.”

“…she’s prolly the only one in this bloody city who is lower on the way of things than us…”

The elder woman simply shook her head as the other two chattered.

“I don’t think we are going to get much business today. Especially when word gets around. Not just of blokes getting thrown through windows, but fancy ladies bein’ about ain’t quite the reputation we’re used to be having.

“But if you could get… cor… even a squire, mebbe two, to keep the peace, that’d be a step in the right direction. Because that’s what needed first – somethin’ to tell folks that come tomorrow, things aren’t going back to the way they were.”

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Mikal

At the Horde Captain's question, he turns and glances at Kadri.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
OOC:

Well, that brings a conundrum: I would say "Waverider's watch" but I don't know that I have anyone there to receive them if we are elsewhere. And we almost certainly will be at least in the near term.

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Well we certainly need to hire staff for that and get them there. Perhaps the next item up? I don't think it'd hurt to tell Dandy the location and indicate something like "when the Fates disappear from the sky" as when we'd be ready to receive potential recruits. According to how I read the background stuff that is about 25 days from now.)

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"Some preparations will need to be made, but have you heard of Waverider's Watch? In, say a month's time there should be something set up to receive whomever you may find."

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
LaBerge
LaBerge
Christchurch, New Zealand
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,827
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy