Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Phoenix Prime, Neptune), 45 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
Ryssa

"Orc bandits?"

Ryssa glanced at her companions and then back to the Townmaster.

"Tell us of your... issues and yes, tell us about the reward."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He was more interested in the troubles at the moment but in the long run he wanted to know about both. She was doing well as a spokeswoman as far as the dragonborn was concerned.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

Harbin has been looking a bit uncomfortable to start with, but he answers Ryssa's question. "We've gotten a number of reports from travelers that they've been accosted by Orcs in the area of Wyvern Tor. Here, hold on...."

Reaching into his desk he pulls out a large sheet of parchment and spreads it out on his desk. It is a map of the area and he points out the location he is talking about.

"We are on the main trade route between Neverwinter and Luskan, and Mithril Hall and Silvermoon. Without taking the trail that passes between Neverwinter Wood and the Sword Mountains you have to travel all the way down to Waterdeep, adding days of travel and fees. But that is only true if that route doesn't become too dangerous."

He points to the location labeled 'Wyvern Tor' on the map. "This area seem to be the most trouble. If you are willing to tackle the Orc problem we have the town can pay you 100gp."

Sildar, still sitting on the other side of the room chimes in. "I'd suggest you go talk to Halia Thornton at the Phandalin Miner's Exchange. If there's any news from outside her miners would hear of it first."

He glances at the Townmaster for a second, then continues. "I've got some other offers for you too, if you're interested? I know you still want to find out what happened to Gundren and so do I. Now that I am settled in here I can offer you 500gp if you can find Cragmaw Castle and defeat the residents who occupy it. It's possible", he glances again at Harbin, "that the Orcs who roam the wilderness know something about it."

He stands up.

"Oh, and remember I told you I was looking for Iarno Albreck? Well I heard he'd disappeared right after arriving here about 2 months ago. Supposedly he was exploring the area around Tresendar Manor. If you are willing to explore the area around the Manor and see if you can find signs of Iarno, or even return him to town if alive, I can add a 200gp reward. He is a short, dark-bearded human wizard in his thirties....."

Harbin, who had looked happy when the talk was focused on the Orcs at Wyvern Tor has looked more and more unhappy as the talk turns to explorations nearer the town. He interrupts Sildar saying to your group, "Harrumph! I heard about your escapade last night. I have decided not to punish you for it, because Sildar spoke up for you, but I warn you not to cause more trouble in town!" He wags a finger in your direction.

Attached Images
LMP Wilderness-1.jpg (483.89 KB, 11 downloads)
Last edited by Zeim; Sat 31/01/15 19:14 UTC.
Ryssa

"I understand your concern, Townmaster, but I do not agree that we caused trouble," Ryssa said, glancing around briefly at her companions.

"My companions were merely reacting to an unprovoked and undeserved attack."

She smiled and made a noncommittal gesture, trying to soften the tone of her reply.

"But as to the rest... we would need to determine which missions to accept and in what order we should attempt them."

M
M
<Bern>

"We were not the instigators in that altercation", he began seriously, then smiled in a manner that might worry any sane man. "Maybe =you= would be so kind as to go over to the Sleeping Giant and talk to the Redbrands for us so that there won't be any more 'misunderstandings'. If they do not attack us without provocation", he told Harbin, "we won't have to defend ourselves."

MikeD
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

The Townmaster looks a bit nervous, but rallies. "They are a simple Mercenary Guild. Not much trouble at all really. As long as you leave them alone. What possessed you to go the sleeping Giant in the first place? That was what stirred up the trouble. I understand you have rooms at the Stonehill Inn. If you're in town I'd suggest you steer clear of the Redbrands and there won't be trouble."

M
M
<Bern>

"I had been led to believe that the Stone Giant was a public drinking establishment. There was no sign saying otherwise and the ... so called ... 'gentlemen' lounging by the door did not say otherwise either. They simply attempted to rob us. Doesn't much sound like a Mercenary Guild to me ... sounds like thugs. But it =is= your town and if =YOU= like to have them here, that =is= your choice. We will do our best to ignore them going forward. Oh and we will be sure to explain your position to the other townspeople, that you endorse their presence here so that they don't get the wrong idea either."

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He can't help himself and asks "are they threating the town? At who's behest are they here? A mercenary company gets paid after all."

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

He shrugs at Bern's overt threat as if he really doesn't care what the man says to the townspeople. Glancing at Luminmorn he says, "No. As I said, they are really little trouble. As for who they work for, it is none of my business. They don't work for me. But I can say that they don't leave pools of blood and hacked up bodies scattered all across the streets of this town for women and children to find like you did. So as far as I can see, you are the troublemakers here. I am giving you a break because of Sildar. If you want to take care of the Orcs and get the commission, it would help your position."

M
M
<Bern>

"Your town, your call", he said with a shrug.

Turning to his companions, he continued. "Perhaps we should deal with the orcs before deciding what is next. Since it was orcs who last had Gundren, that might also get us closer to finding him."

MikeD
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Actually it was Goblins. Close, but different.)

M
M
[[ they are all vermin and all vermin look alike, yeah, that's it <weg> ]]

MikeD
Ryssa

"We do have to keep Gundren in mind. So what is next? Go check out the miner's exchange and then head out?"

M
M
<Bern>

"We can check with the other townsfolk when we get back. I think the Orcs and Gundren are the more immediate problem."

Last edited by MikeD; Mon 02/02/15 01:49 UTC.

MikeD
Ryssa

She frowned and glanced at Sildar whom she was pretty sure had been the one to recommend they consult with someone at the miner's exchange.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He wanted to push the Redbands issue clearly something was being ignored given the disparity between the Townmaster's lack of concern and the plight of the townspeople. Yet he didn't. Instead he suggested "lets follow Sildar's advice and see what information we can get from the miner's exchange."

[OOC: Edited to correct information. Thanks.]

Last edited by Pandemonium; Thu 05/02/15 03:04 UTC.
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
(OOC - No, you spoke to Linene, the proprietress of the Lionshield Coster. If you look at the map of Phandalin you will see the Phandalin Miner's Exchange (as well as the proprietress, Halia Thornton's, home) at the southern end of town.)

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

The party takes their leave of Harbin Wester, a bit puzzled by his seeming lack of concern about the Redbrand issue, considering the complaints they have heard from all the other townspeople as well as the encounter last evening. Any of them who consider, might be forced to agree that leaving blood and bodies strewn across the streets of the town was probably not the best thing to do, though. Especially if they wanted to be viewed positively by the Town Leadership.

So the group moves across the streets towards the Miner's Exchange. It's a small building in the southwest corner of the town. They walk down the street between the townmaster's hall on their left and the Lionshield Coster on their right before arriving at their destination.

As they walk, some of you may consider the other issues and offers you've received since arriving.

See bottom of this post for Quests & Rewards

The miner's exchange is a trading post where local miners have their valuable finds weighed, measured and paid out. Sitting behind the counter is a human woman. She looks up from some paperwork she was reading when you walk in. "Good morning," she says as she looks you up and down. "You do not look like miners to me. How can I help you?"

M
M
<Bern>

back outside, he was ready to speak.

"Once we get other things sorted, I am thinking that we should have a talk with the towns folk about replacing their Townmaster. He is either 'out of touch' at best, or 'on the take' at worst."

MikeD
Ryssa

"That makes sense... or maybe those Redbrands have... something on him? And are blackmailing him?"

As they walked down the street toward the Miner's Exchange, Ryssa thought about Sister Garaele.

"I do hope we will be able to help Sister Garaele while we're around. She seemed like a good person and priest."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

"Might be a bribe issue as well. Frankly I don't care the reason on the results. But we have work to do in and around town to make the place better. Not overly fond of towns but I would work for this one."

M
M
<Bern>

He nodded. "First things first", he agreed.

MikeD
Ryssa

"How do we decide which one's first?"

Online Content
Lingo

"Why does it matter?" he asks Ryssa. "I would rather do one thing at a time rather. That's what matters. Every time we split up we end up facing more trouble than we can handle. As long as we stick together, like real friends do, then we're doing the right thing...unless you don't consider me a friend. I hope that you're my friend!" the halfling exclaims.

M
M
<Bern>

"So them ... lets go kill some orcs. Nothing makes =me= fell better than that ... unless it is killing goblins", he said spitting on the ground then grinning.

MikeD
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
eclaasse
eclaasse
North Carolina
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,855
Posts141,384
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy