Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (AquaDyne), 62 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
M
M
<Bern>

With a shrug, he accepts that the majority wants to pack it in now.

MikeD
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

Getting to his feet, he bowed slightly to the cleric and paladin.

"My thanks for your aid. That situation got out of hand rapidly. I am afraid that I am going to need another bath or at least a wash up." he said, looking down at his robe covered in his own blood.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He told the cleric how they had intended on visiting the tavern and learning more. Yet before they could even get in the door the thugs tried to rob them. Though he would rather explain while they walked.

Ryssa

"So... do you want we should follow up with the thugs or get a night's rest and set out early in the morning?"

M
M
<Bern>

"I would rather not give them a chance to regroup, but I seem to be in the minority on that point."

MikeD
Lingo

"Yep. You're in the minority. I am sure there's more to find out before we jump in head first. Before we go crashing their party, I think we should do some more investigation and talk to more people. It may just save our lives. And it's late now. A nightcap and a good night's rest is what I want."

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

With three of the group voting to get some rest for the night, Bern's desire to go after the Redbrands right away is the minority opinion. So the group heads back to the inn. It is very late now and no one is up. Balthazar can wash up in back, but if he wants hot water he will need to build the fire and heat it himself, which will take time. Otherwise he can wash with cold water out of the well.

......<moving things along. If anyone has anything special they wanted to do during the night let me know>........

Morning comes. A late rising at that, considering the time the group finally went to bed. You come down from your rooms to find that breakfast has already been served and the worker's and tradesmen of Phandalin are already at their businesses. It is close to 10am.

As you come down to the common room, Trilena greets you with a nod and a smile and disappears into the kitchen. She returns a minute or two later with plates of steaming hot pancakes and honey, bisquits, sausages, assorted fruit and kaffe and fresh goat's milk.

"Good morning." She says. "I figured you'd be getting up a bit late so I saved breakfast for you."

"Your friend, Sildar, waited for you for a while but then left. He said he was going on ahead to the Townmaster's Hall to talk to Harbin and you could catch up with him there."

(Note: I have marked with red stars on the map the places of interest that you have heard about but have not yet visited. You may want to review the Notes Sticky for a summary refresher.)

Attached Images
Phandalin-1.jpg (482.87 KB, 6 downloads)
M
M
<Bern>

The late night had led to a late morning. He had been worried that they would be waiting for the afternoon meal before there would be anything to eat, but the wench had surprised him. He gave her a big smile. He would be sure that her forethought was well rewarded.

He didn't waste any time or words, but began collecting food and eating.

MikeD
Ryssa

Ryssa was normally not one to eat a large breakfast but the enticing smells which assaulted her nose as she came down stairs triggered a much stronger than normal appetite. She grinned at Bern and fixed a plate of fruit, honey and biscuits, and sausage along with kaffe with a dash of goats milk.

"I'll have to eat light the rest of the day or my hips will pay for this," she said as she sat at a table across from the ranger.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Trilena

The innkeepers wife fusses over you as you sit to make sure you have what you want. "And don't you worry none about paying for this meal either. I heard what you did last night. Heck, it's all over town."

Lingo

The halfling lumbers down the steps to the dining hall and saddles up near Ryssa who is filling her plate with all kinds of stuff.

"Are you kidding me? You're too good looking right now. Everyone looks in your direction, which isn't good for me when I'm traveling with you. I try to stay subtle, if you get my meaning. You glow like the sun!"

He grabs a plate and slides the food closest to him onto the plate and immediately shovels a heaping forkful into his mouth.

"So Bern. What's the plan for today? I'm thinking we do some more 'vestigating before we kill stuff. Whatcha think?"

M
M
<Bern>

"Well why doesn't everyone else decide", he said between bites.

MikeD
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

The lean mage came down the stairs wearing his other set of clothing and looked around at his gathered comrades and the offered food. His stomach rumbled embarrassingly and he went to sit at the table with Lingo and Ryssa, setting into a large plate of hot cakes, sausages and biscuits with honey. He drank milk.

"I definitely think we need to find out what has happened. After last night if there are more Redbands, they are going to be on alert. No one should go off by themselves."

M
M
[[ just to clarify, Bern is sitting there as well <g> ]]

MikeD
Ryssa

She smiled, coloring prettily and, instinctively reached up to make sure her hair was covering the scar on her left cheek.

"Thank you, Lingo, for your gallant remarks," she said and reached out to briefly touch his cheek.

She looked up to the innkeepers wife, smiled and thanked her.

"But why would they attack my friends like that? Without provocation as far as I know."

M
M
<Bern>

"Just toughs trying to prove how tough they are to each other, when in fact none of them were particularly tough. Unfortunately they were not smart enough to know when they were outclassed", he said with a wink and a grin.

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

The large dragonborn came down all teeth. For humans that might be considered a smile for him it was a showing of his hunger.

At the serving woman's words he nodded and tipped her a silver immediately. He also filled a heaping plate of steaming food Before settling down at the same table as his companions or nearby.

"How about the town hall to start," he offered around bite fulls of food.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

Once you finish up your brunch, and with no other protests, you get up and stroll down the street to the Townmaster's Hall. This building has sturdy stone walls, a pitched wooden roof, and a bell tower towards the back. The board offering a reward to take care of the Orcs near Wyvern Tor is still out front.

The inside of the townmaster's hall is dominated by a large desk, with a disorganized stack of papers and ledgers on one side and a flickering oil lamp on the other. Behind the desk a very large, old man sits penning something into a notebook. Sildar is there, sitting in another chair near a small table looking over some papers. He nods in greeting as you enter, offering, "I heard you were out late last night. Thought you might get here a bit late so I went on ahead."

The old man looks up in surprise. "You startled me! My heart isn't what it was in my youth. What can I do for you?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

The large dragonborn stood with his companions but a bit towards the back. He kept quiet as others were better at the intracies of human bureaucracy.

Ryssa

"I am Ryssa Noman, cleric of Lathander, and these are my friends," she said with a smile to the elderly man.

"We are new to the town and would like to learn the news of the region."

Lingo

He was not the spokesperson for the team so he hung back and kept an eye open, seeming to not pay attention to what was going on.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Just giving Balthazar and Bern a chance to post.)

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

He was content for Ryssa to act as spokeswoman for the group. As a cleric she engendered a degree of respect that the others might not and he found her well spoken as well.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

The man sits back in his chair, which creaks loudly from his weight. "I am Harbin Wester, Townmaster of Phandalin. I am not sure what you mean by 'news of the region'? We are a growing town, becoming more prosperous all the time. We do have some issues with local Orc bandits. Have you come to inquire about the reward?"

M
M
<Bern>

The others had wanted to come here. So while he listened, he was content to remain in the background ... for now, at least.

MikeD
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Pandemonium
Pandemonium
Oregon USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,855
Posts141,390
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy