Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
5 members (AquaDyne, Phoenix Prime, Art in the Blood, Alduin, LaBerge), 38 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
Lingo

He waits for a break and then steps in front of the innkeeper and says, "Sir. May I please have a room. Private or a share, I don't care."

Ryssa

"I..." she paused and her mouth slowly closed as she was not sure what she should say. Ryssa took a deep breath, held it a moment and then exhaled and a slow smile returned to her face.

"I can share if needed, but I cannot guarantee I would not blush."

M
M
<Bern>

"We can sort that out", he said with a shrug. "Just seems a shame to needlessly waste coin."

MikeD
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Toblen

He glances at Lingo and nods. Handing over a key he holds his hand out for the 5sp. If the halfling wants to share he can work out the payment with his roommate.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

Bern, Ryssa, and Balthazar head toward the baths, passing thru a door near the stairs and entering a smallish chamber with a large wooden tub and hooks with towels hanging from them. Water is draining out of the tub from a hole on one side near the bottom into a hole in the floor.

On one side of the room, Sildar apparently had just emerged from the tub and is toweling off. Next to him is a young boy of about 10 or 11 who is holding his clothes. As you enter you can hear the end of a conversation Sildar was having with the boy.

The boy is saying, "...... and my friend Carp, you know, he is Qelline Aldrerleaf's son? Anyway, he said he found a tunnel out in the woods! Imagine that. He said it was a secret tunnel, and that the Redbrands almost caught him but he escaped!"

Sildar looks at the boy kindly, with the smile most adults give to children when they spin fanciful tales. "Yes he did so!" The boy says indignantly when he sees the smile. He then sees you enter, and closes his mouth.

Out in the bar, Lingo got a key to a room from Toblen and he and Luminmorn sit at the table near the door. A barmaid bounces over.

"What can I get for you kind sirs? Oh, I am Elsa", she giggles, "I can take your order." She sort of bounces up and down on her feet as if she has trouble standing still. "You look like adventurers, with all those weapons and armour and such. And I've never met a Dragonborn. Are you adventurers?" He hands clasp together in front of her in excitement. "Daran Eldermath, the orchard keeper, claims to have been an adventurer before he settled here. But he never tells me any good stories. Oh", her eyes open wider, "your order?"

Last edited by Zeim; Sun 21/12/14 17:13 UTC.
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He briefly considers whether he wants to be called an adventurer. Deciding it doesn't matter what he might want, the townspeople will tell their own tale. "I believe you could call me that. I am called Luminmorn.

"I would like an ale." He looks to his companion to see if he wants some drink to wash the grit from the road down.

Ryssa

The cleric paused just inside the door, intrigued by the boy's tale. When he sees them and clamps shut his mouth, she looked at Bern and Balthazar, eyebrows raised questioningly.

"I think I'd like to meet this Carp."

M
M
<Bern>

"Maybe later", he says, not seeming particularly concerned. "At the moment, I am looking forward to that bath.

He looked at the others, "Three might be a bit crowded, but would save the most coin."

MikeD
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

"Oh no, Lady Ryssa should have her own bath for modesty sake. I will share the bath with you if coin is a factor." he says, turning bright red at the thought of sharing a bath with their lady cleric.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

Sildar dresses and tells you he is going to take a walk around town and see if he can find any news of Iarno. He'll catch back up with you in the morning.

The young boy asks Bern, Balthazar, and Ryssa if they would like him to draw the water for their bath and bathe them or if they want to do it themselves.

Back in the inn, Elsa bounces off after taking Luminomrn's and Lingo's orders and quickly returns with two ales. "That'll be 8 coppers good sirs." She says.

A minute later Sildar enters the main room and passing by the table with Luminmorn and Lingo he tells them he is going to see if he can find any news of Iarno and will meet them in the morning and then takes his leave.

After a few minutes a pair of farmers at a nearby table turn to the Dragonborn and halfling and one of them says, "S'cuse me if'n I am interruptin. I thought I saw you come in with that girl? The one with the armour? She had the look of a priestess about 'er. If'n it aint too much trouble, might you ask her if she can check in with Sister Garaele? The one who looks after our Shrine? I'd heard she left town a couple of days ago and word is she came back all cut up and exhausted. Went into her house there behind the Shrine and hasn't come out since. No one's checked on 'er I know of. Clerical business an such y'know."

Ryssa

Ryssa was not all that body conscious except for the disfiguring scar on her left cheek and, if fact, during her time with her current companions, had come not to think much even about it since her new friends did not seem to pay that much attention to it. Balthazar's reaction obvious discomfiture did amuse her, however.

"You do not have to share a bath with me, Balthazar," she said with a bit of a mischievous smile, "but I was hoping, perhaps, for a back scrub."

"And I can afford to pay my share. Why don't you to men share the first bath and come tell me when you are through and I'll take my turn."

Ryssa gave the two men and the boy a smile and turned to leave the bath area.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He pays the girl with a silver to cover both drinks. At the farmer's words he nods "I will let her know, and be happy to check on your priestess." He took a sip of his ale to test it before taking a longer fuller drink.

M
M
<Bern>

He smiled at Balthazar's sudden shyness as well. With a shrug he tossed the silver to the boy and began to remove his gear. "Don't hesitate to give me a call if you want help getting your back scrubbed Ryssa", he said giving her a wink.

MikeD
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

He was red still but he started to take his own gear off and pays his portion of the fee for the bath. Balthazar doesn't seem to have any problem with nudity around Bern or the other men during wash ups at streams and such but if Bern has been watchful, he will notice that Balthazar tends to be a little nervous around Ryssa or other women.

Lingo

The halfling sits at the table with Luminmorn, casually swinging his legs which don't quite reach the floor. After watching the dragonborn sip his ale, Lingo tosses it back and drains it without taking a breath.

"Ahhhhh! I needed that! Can you bring me out some food too? Whatever you got left over will do. I could eat a dragon!" And with that he hands the barmaid several silver. "And I need a refill on this ale. Just bring out a pitcher. Lumi here will help me polish this off."

He turns to the dragonborn, "So, we'll check out that priestess after dinner. Fair?"

Ryssa

"Wine for me if you have it, ale if you do not," she said to the barmaid. "A bite to eat would be welcome, too."

All this was said as she reached the table and sat with Lingo and Luminmorn.

"I think Balthazar is a too shy to have me in the same bathing room," she said with a smile.

"What was that you said about a priestess?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

"One of the townspeople stopped by for you specifically. He said that their priestess was wounded and has been seen for a bit. He wondered if you would go look in on her. I told him I would as well. Now we have three. But a bit of food wouldn't be remiss, first."

He smiled at her comment. Humans were so weird with their preoccupations.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

Elsa nods and giggles as she moves off to fill the new order. She returns in just a few minutes with a pitcher of ale and a glass of wine for Ryssa. She sets down two plates of venison stew that smell quite good in front of Lingo and Ryssa as well.

(Bern and Balthazar are free to return from the bath any time you like.)

M
M
<Bern>

Feeling (and looking) much refreshed, he rejoins his friends. "Your turn Ryssa. Definitely worth it", he said with a smile.

MikeD
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

He is a few moments later, having stopped and paid for Ryssa's bath for her. His hair was brushed back and still very wet, slowly dripping down his back under the shirt.

"They are putting fresh hot water in the tub for you Ryssa." he told her, smiling faintly.

Ryssa

The cleric frowned and nodded as she ate hurriedly, taking frequent pulls on the ale. Finally she took her bread and sopped up the gravy.

"That was good," she said, looking up just as Bern and Balthazar arrived.

"That sounds good, too, but I think I'd better check on the town's priestess first."

She grinned at the men and got to her feet.

"The bat will have to wait."

Ryssa headed out the door and back toward the shrine.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He slammed back the rest of his pint of ale as he stood. "Enjoy the rest of the ale, I will accompany Ryssa, if you are willing." The last was directed at her. They didn't know the town nor what might happen with the ruffians called the Red Bands.

M
M
<Bern>

"Luminmorn, if you would like to use the bath they are getting ready, I can go with Ryssa."

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

"The world provides opportunity enough for that in rivers and streams. Unless I offend, I likely won't take the time nor the coin for such a civilized pursuit." The emphasis on the word civilized made one think that the dragonborn might not think it was very civilized at all.

"Especially when there is someone in need," he added almost under his breath.

M
M
<Bern>

He shrugged at Luminmorn's dismissal of the offered bath. "Well I guess we shall just have to pay again when Ryssa returns", he said with an exaggerated sigh, wondering of the dragonborn's target would pick up on the idea.

He took a seat and looked around for the bouncy girl so he could order a drink.

MikeD
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Gypsy
Gypsy
Pidley, Cambs, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,855
Posts141,388
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy