Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (AquaDyne), 62 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
Ryssa

"You are most generous," Ryssa said after looking at the contents of the purse. She took a moment to share out the gold pieces, ten to each of them.

Ryssa grinned at Lingo and Bern.

"It is worth looking into, I think. Both of your ideas have merit in my sight."

She turned back to Linene.

"What else can you tell us about the town of Phandelver?"

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

"If one of you fighters can use my ten gold for better armor for yourself, I will give it willingly."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

"I have never been one to stray from a battle. But learning the lay of the land would seem reasonable counsel."

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Linene

"Phandelver is the name of the old Pact that was forged over the lost Wave Echo Cave mine. The town is called Phandalin. Close, but different." She replies as a clarification.

She then continues, "The current town of Phandalin is built on the ruins of the much older town of the same name. Hundreds of years ago this was a thriving human village that was allied with the dwarves and gnomes in the Phandelver Pact. That was before it was all laid to waste by the orc horde."

"So this place was abandoned for centuries. In the last three or four years some settles from Neverwinter and Waterdeep have started to try to reclaim the town. We're growing, but it is still fragile. We've got mostly farmers, woodcutters, fur traders, and some prospectors."

She frowns. "Unfortunately more than a few brigands and ruffians have come along seeing easy prey. We have no real local authority or lord here to maintain order."

She glances at you. "That is where the Redbrands come in. They're led by a mysterious figure who is known as Glasstaff."

"I keep to myself as much as I can, making sure I only supply those I think I can trust."

"That's about all I can tell you, other than the layout of the town. You've already been to Barthen's and you probably passed Sister Garaele's Shrine of Luck, dedicated to Tymora. Otherwise there's not that much here. The Townmaster's building across the way. Our current Townmaster is named Harbin Wester. The inn back up the street. The Sleeping Giant Tap House I warned you to stay away from."

"Let's see, what else. Oh yes, the biggest farm in town is probably the one run by Qelline Aldrerleaf. That's over on the southeast edge of town. We've got a nice orchard to the west run by Daran Edermath. Other than that, there's a few shops. Only other place of note would be the Miner's Exchange. Halia Thornton runs that. She handles pay-outs to all the prospectors and miners in the area."

She shrugs. "Can't think of much else to tell you. If you want gossip and local news probably best to go to the inn and talk to the townspeople."

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

"This Glasstaff, what do you know about him? Is he a wizard?"

M
M
<Bern>

There wasn't anything that =he= felt he needed to ask, but since some of the others might have their own questions, he was willing to wait.

MikeD
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Linene

She shrugs apologetically. "I don't know anything about him at all. Could even be a she for all I know. Just heard the name once or twice when some of the Redbrands were talking."

M
M
<Bern>

"We appreciate your generosity with your time as well as your coin. We would be happy to help you unload the wagon. Elmar said we should just leave it here."

MikeD
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Linene

She waves a hand. "Don't worry. I'll get it done, and send the wagon back to Elmar too. I'd written those supplies off as a loss, so them showing up is reward enough for a little sweat."

She rises and moves over to open the door for you.

(OOC - where to?)

M
M
<Bern>

"If you are sure", he said to their host, "we will get out of your way then."

Once outside with his friends, he asks the question. "What next?"

MikeD
Ryssa

"My thanks and the blessing of Lathander to you," she told Linene with a smile and a nod.

Ryssa followed Bern outside and stood, hands on hips, as she looked around the small town.

"I suppose we should see to our lodgings and then..." she paused and grinned.

"I guess then we could check out that inn we've been warned to avoid."

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

"Or the other one, if we wish to keep a lower profile. Depends upon how we wish to gather information, by fist, or listening."

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

"Using ones ears is always easier than ones fists, at least in the beginning." he said, joining with comrades. "I would wash the dust of travel from myself too."

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

The decision is made to go find lodgings and drink, and maybe a bath, first, before making any firm decisions. Perhaps talk to some of the locals and see what's happening.

Heading out of the Trading Post you turn back up the street to the building you passed earlier called the "Stonehill Inn". The one Sildar went into. You pass the Townmaster's Hall once more and find yourselves in front of a newly built roadhouse of fieldstone and rough-hewn timbers.

Passing thru the door and inside you can see the a large common room that is filled with locals, it now being a bit after supper and prime drinking time. All of the locals eye you curiously, but none show any apparent concern or extra-ordinary interest.

There are several tables, mostly square or rectangular, of rough cut wood surrounded by mismatched wooden chairs. There is a bar that runs across the rear of the common room with several stools. A set of stairs to the far left of the entry door, and opposite the large fireplace, leads upwards.

A man stands behind the bar. He is short, and on second glance you notice that the bar itself is a bit shorter than typical, perhaps built that way on purpose so the bartender can see over it.

Many of the stools and tables are occupied with townsfolk, but there are still some available, including one table near the door that is empty, perhaps because it is furthest from the fire and will catch the cold breeze from outside.

A slip of a girl flits between the tables like a bee taking orders and delivering drinks. A man at a far table waves at her and calls out "Elsa", to attract her attention, so that must be her name.

A more matronly woman pokes her head out of a door behind the bar and says something to the bartender that you can't hear, then disappears back behind the door once again.

You do not see Sildar anywhere.

Attached Images
Phandalin-0.jpg (486.76 KB, 4 downloads)
Last edited by Zeim; Wed 17/12/14 15:27 UTC.
M
M
<Bern>

A quick look around was enough to convice him that this was just what it appeared, a tavern like so many others he had visited over the years.

The bar was the most interesting thing. He wondered if the place had been built by dwarves for dwarves. Something that he thought might be an interesting story that he should be able to coax out of the bartender.

But that was for later. There was more pressing business. He walked up to the bartender. "Who do we talk to about about rooms for the evening", he asked.

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

The dragonborn looks to his companions and nods to the table by the door. He is used to sleeping in the wild so a drafty door doesn't bother him. He will sit where his bulk will not block the door but might offer his companions a small benefit of protection from the wind.

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
DM

The bartender glances at Bern as he arrives and asks his question.

"That'd be myself." He says with a smile. "Toblen Stonehill. Proprietor of this establishment."

He glances over Bern's shoulder at the others who arrived with him. "It'll be 5sp per day, apiece. I've got just enough rooms for you and your group."

He picks up a mug and starts wiping it to dry it.

"Drinks are 4cp for a mug of ale or 2sp for a pitcher of wine."

He tosses a thumb back over his shoulder. "Dinner's done, but I can have the missus rustle you up something from the left-overs. Be 3sp for some venison stew, or half that if you just want some bread and cheese."

He pauses a moment, then adds, "You and your group new in town? Did you come in with Gundren's friend Sildar?"

Last edited by Zeim; Wed 17/12/14 18:17 UTC.
M
M
<Bern>

With a nod for the bartender, he fished out some coin for his room and a pitcher of wine. "This will take care of mine. Can you hold a couple for my friends? I will send them over. I will check with them about food as well. I think I am fine though."

He nodded, confirming that they were new in town as he took his wine over to his friends.

Last edited by MikeD; Thu 18/12/14 00:02 UTC. Reason: fix for paste error.

MikeD
Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Toblen

He takes the coin and hands over a key, nodding. "I'll send Elsa over with your wine. Oh, and Sildar said he'd join you in a little while. He's in the back taking a bath." He points to a door next to the stairs.

M
M
<Bern>

"A bath sounds wonderful. How late are =those= available?"

MikeD
Ryssa

She had not been paying close attention to the conversation between the ranger and the innkeeper, but the word bath caught her attention and she turned to them with a smile.

"Yes, I'd like a bath."

Zeim Offline OP
(Buffalo)
OP Offline
(Buffalo)
Toblen

"We keep water heating in a large kettle in the washroom until a couple of hours after dark. There's a large tub in there. Big enough to fit 2 or 3. You can fill your own tub with the pitchers and wash with soap and towels for 1sp, or I can have one of the kitchen boys fill the tub and wash you for 2sp. Sildar's in there by himself right now, so should be enough room for the two of you." He says, nodding towards Bern and Ryssa,

Last edited by Zeim; Thu 18/12/14 16:52 UTC.
M
M
<Bern>

"I think I can wait until Sildar is done." He admitted. Then with a look over at Ryssa, continued. "I am willing to share ... if you want to save the coin", he said with a nonchalant shrug. "Otherwise, it sounds like two more tubs at least."

MikeD
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Balthazar

"I suspect that our good cleric will wish her own bathtub but I will share one with you Bern. I would wash the dirt of travel from myself as well." he said, bowing his head to Ryssa.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Luminmorn

He made no comment. His armor was encrusted with dirt and his clothing gave off the odor of the road, but it didn't seem to bother the creature that liked to live in the wild. If it bothered others, they would likely have to tell him. Luminmorn understood other's needs for warm baths and such, but a clean river would do just the same for him and make him feel more alive. For now he just remained quiet and watched the room as well as his companions.

Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Pandemonium
Pandemonium
Oregon USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,855
Posts141,390
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy