Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Angrboða, Zeim), 60 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Having been injured again she is feeling not a little vulnerable. She hears Kallista's instruction, and although she wants to help Chandan,she sees the sense in what the teifling suggests.

She looks over at Davroar.

"Can you watch the goblin whilst I search?"

[OOC can you remind me what Jaliers's healing options are. I think she is quite low on HPs. Thanks! smile ]

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[ooc: Let's see, Kriv is unconscious but stable, Jaliera is very hurt, there's no party healing left, you're missing a party member and you're continuing to split up. OK. Just checking.

Gypsy, I don't think there's any healing left. You would need a short rest but the module doesn't call for one.]

[ooc: LOL Neptune if I didn't know better, I'd think you were insinuating that we're not very good at this game ;)]

Karok Battlehammer

"Kallista. Wait. We need to stay together. We can go after the fool, but we need to do it together. Leaving these others behind in their state will get them killed."

The old man had seemed a liability from the start. Karok would not chase after him and leave those he was starting to trust behind.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Well, you're new to this version, even though by now you're thinking that the system is very familiar. One truth about 5e is that 1st level PC's were made much more vulnerable than in the past few editions. If you were at full strength, things would be different.

Full disclosure. This was a TPK from the start. I fudged about 10 rolls. When Kriv came up, he was hit with a surprise attack which killed him outright. Considering that was a surprise attack and that they won initiative, the same probably would have happened with the next 2 PC's before you decided to come up the way you did. The bugbear did an extra 2d6 (7pt) damage on top of the 11 it does normally. That didn't include the wolf attack which would knock you prone on top of the damage it did. I didn't let the goblins kill off Chandan but a wicked DM would have.

I've been struggling to keep you alive. The other party isn't having these difficulties but they took a much more standard approach to this dungeon and they've completed it. You still have a major encounter to complete.

Granted, it has been interesting how the different approaches unveiled issues with the module. For instance, the bugbear/wolf gauntlet was probably unintentional by the authors. They probably didn't foresee the tactical situation that could emerge. I don't think it's your collective fault, but you're not making it easy for me to keep you alive

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She pauses at the entrance to the waterfall room (which is about as far as her movement lets her get anyway) at Karok's reply, trying to hide there. Peering into it she tries to see if she can see any sign of Chandan or the Goblins that were there just a few seconds ago. Regardless of whether Chandan is there or has fled, there were 4 Goblins there who could come barreling into the room any moment so she wants to be able to have warning.

(OOC - First, Kallista was intending to just see if Chandan was alive and still in the other room, not search the whole complex. It's only been two melee rounds since she left him, which is only 12 seconds of clock time. There is a good chance to think he's still there and if he's fighting she and Karok could turn the tide. If she didn't see him in the waterfall room she planned to come right back to the group.)

Last edited by Zeim; Mon 10/11/14 17:34 UTC.
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Kallista pokes her head in the other room and sees, in the back of the chamber, the flickering light of the torch that Chandan dropped. There is no sign of Chandan at this moment and there is no sign of goblins either. There were four of them here when Kallista last looked.

(OOC: Fair enough. That's plausible. Now, what is everyone else doing in this room with supplies a goblin that is wounded and the unconscious member of the party?)

AJ Offline
(OOC: I think I'll just lie here for a bit. wink )

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[ooc: I'm trying, man. I really am!]

-Nep
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Kallista

Returning she says to the group, "Chandan is gone. There were four Goblins in that room, and they're gone too. Best case, he fled and they chased him. Worst case, he was taken captive. Either way I think it's a bit late for sneaking about. However many of them are left likely know we're here now."

She looks at the unconscious Kriv, the captive, and then at the room. "I'll watch him and Kriv. Take a look around. Maybe there's something here we can use?"

She then turns to the Goblin and says in Goblin to it, "Now. Why don't you tell me everything you know about this place and who else is here?" As she does so, her eyes begin to glow a deep red and her voice, while still low, takes on an unearthly echoing hiss.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Goblin

Kallista tends to the watches over Kriv and starts to interrogate the wounded goblin. It starts talking at the least bit of prodding.

"Klarg forced us to do bad stuff. We don't like Klarg. It's good he is dead. Dead bugbear is a good bugbear, no? Goblins want no trouble with the humans. Only goblins here and Klarg's prisoner on other side of bridge."

While Kallista interrogates the goblin, others can focus on the supplies in the other end of the cavern. The crates and barrels you find are typical trade goods. Bolts of leather. Mining equipment. Tarps. Rope. Raw materials and such. Most are marked with the Blue Lion symbol.

You also find a small chest. It is not marked with the symbol.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

While overhearing the goblin's answer to Kallista, he casually looks over the supplies without actually touching anything and will leave the unmarked chest alone. Perhaps there might be something in the chest to help Kriv. "Jaliera, can you open that chest? Might be something in there..." Davroar is not sure if it might be trapped or not, and has little experience in determining such things.

He shakes his head in disbelief at the situation they are in. One missing and one unconscious gives him little hope of surviving this rescue mission turned nightmare. There is probably at least double of their number waiting for them. The original goblin they captured at the ambush said that there was at least dozen of them living here. Walking back over to the goblin, he points to it and asks, "Kallista, would you think a prisoner exchange might work?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

"I can try. Mister Stagg always said I was good at getting into things."

She moves to the chest and spends some time looking at it, then picks it up carefully and looks at it more closely. Only when she is satisfied does she try to open it, picking the lock if necessary.

Perception 1d20+4 = 20, pick lock 1d20+7 = 23

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Nice rolls!)

Kallista

She shakes her head, replying in Common, "I doubt it. Goblins care little enough for each other. But it does tell us that they have Gundren and Sildar...., although."

She turns back to the Goblin. "You said prisoner. As in a single prisoner? What kind of prisoner is it? Human, dwarf, what?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Goblin

"Human. It's a human, I think. Yeemik has him."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

After checking carefully she finds the chest isn't locked and opens it, looking inside with interest. Then she looks up and relays the information to the others.

"There are trade goods and equipment back here, nothing that seems significant in our present circumstances. This chest though has what could be three potions which might be helpful. Other than that there is a pile of copper, hundreds at a glance (600), over a hundred silver by the look of it (110) and a really cute frog statuette which looks like it could be worth something (40gp)."

She pauses, glancing at Kriv, and then says..

"Any idea how we can tell what these potions do.. if that is what they are. We might be able to help Kriv."

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She glances at Davroar. "Any questions for him?" She nods towards the Goblin.

She then calls over her shoulder to Jaliera. "Take a sip."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She looks over at Kallista with round eyes.

"But what it it is poison?"

However, she does take out one of the bottle to examine and will remove the stopper to take a tentative sniff hoping that maybe Davroar will have a better solution.

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She shrugs. "Then you'll die. Life is all one big toss of the dice. Embrace the risk. It gets your blood flowing." She chuckles.

She then turns and looks at the Goblin. "Or, give him a sip first if you're worried. Just don't waste it on him if it's useful."

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[ooc: it's common knowledge to your character that the way to determine what a potion is is to take a sip. Since poisons have not yet been described in the books (I'm sure it's in the DMG), odds are it's not poison...especially at 1st level. ]

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He looks at the goblin and says, "Who's Yeemik? And how many of you live across the bridge?"

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Goblin
"He big goblin. All of the goblins live there."

ooc: anyone brave enough to take a sip?

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She looks at Kallista for a moment not sure if she is joking or not. Then if the scent or dipping the end of her little finger in the liquid doesn't produce any adverse results, she will take a small sip.

Depending on what, if anything, happens, she may try the others.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Jaliera takes a tiny sip and instantly realizes that the elixir has the power to heal wounds.

OK. To speed things up, they are all potions of healing. Potions of healing do 2d4+2, or in our game 7 points of healing.

(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Kallista

She listens to Davroar questioning the Goblin but watches as Jaliera takes a sip of the potions. One eyebrow rises sardonically. "Still with us?"

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He gives Jaliera a quick look to make sure she hasn't turned into a frog or anything else after taste-testing the potion, then returns to questioning the goblin.

"Was Klarg the big leader here, or was it Yeemik?"

To Kallista, he says in a quieter voice, "Would you think a decapitated Klarg might impress the other goblins to hand over their prisoner?"

It seems that the goblins will kowtow to a strong leader, and Davroar wonders if they could use some theatrics instead of just fighting their way across. At the very least it might buy them enough time to for a distraction.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
eclaasse
eclaasse
North Carolina
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts141,033
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy