Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phoenix Prime), 68 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 57 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 56 57
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"I have not made these before but if I have examples to copy, I think I could probably make some. Worth a try anyway. And I am happy to buy a crossbow if you can help me select a good one."

He nods, smiling. It feels good to be taking some direction in his life, not what he set out to do and he hasn't given up on finding his people but as this group are set on travelling anyway, it serves his purpose to. Besides there are interesting other benefits such as spending time with Darian, learning from and about the other interesting members of their group - as well as maybe making a difference to others.

Darian still intrigues him. Very different to other young women whose company he has enjoyed. Strong, direct, very much her own person. He is never quite sure where he is with her but he finds that.. refreshing.

Gypsy #648118 Mon 12/11/12 15:31 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia look at her partner for a moment with a twinkle in her eyes, then at Kadri, and finally back at Morning Star. Then she shrugged.

"Kadri is Kadri is Kadri, and playing with words as my foxy friend is fond of doing makes my head throb. I will bow out of this game, for I believe I have a Squire to reprimand for upsetting my sister. Such are the games I play; my sister is dear to me, I dislike seeing her with such a heavy heart."

She looked at Kadri again.

"Should I simply knock him over the head with the hilt of my dagger? Or should I try to talk sense into the poor lad's head first?"

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #648120 Mon 12/11/12 15:39 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri;

"I think ... That he needs a long talk. Whether he will listen to YOU ... I am not entirely sure. But if you do not, then I most certainly will ..."

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He stands up. "I have an appointment at mid-day at the Guildhall. No rush. If you'd like to walk with me we can browse some of the weapon shops along the way and see if we can find a good light crossbow. You'll be able to see some example of different bolts as well."

He pauses to see if Cesare wants to come along, then heads to the stables to see if Daxia is coming or not.

Zeim #648228 Tue 13/11/12 03:23 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
[And when he gets to the stables... he will find out. wink ]

Kel #648273 Tue 13/11/12 12:03 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"Let's do that."

He smiles at Mikal before turning to Darian.

"Do you want to come or shall I see you later?"

Whilst he is always happy for her company, she is her own person and will decide for herself.

Gypsy #648330 Tue 13/11/12 19:50 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC questions: Mikal, are you stopping in the stables? They are not on the way out; down the stairs, to the courtyard and out the portcullis is the way out; the stables are off the courtyard.

If you are going to windowshop, it'd be nice if you could give a better description of what you are looking for and how you approach a shop keep; otherwise the next post becomes a predictable "what can I do for you?" from the shop keeper ...

If you want to move directly to the Guildhall, then you can do that, with a similar introductory post, so the reply isn't an equally predictable "Whadda'ya want"!

Wolf #648332 Tue 13/11/12 19:58 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

"Darian no go. Other thing do."

After the others left, she reached down to rub Longtooth's head.

"Other Hunter see, yah?"

With the snarkhound at her side she returned to the city dwelling Hunter's place.

ividia #648412 Wed 14/11/12 12:46 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He smiles, their relationship is an easy one and it is good that it is so. He is not used to commitment and this is already the longest relationship he has had with anyone, apart from family ties that is.

Turning back to Mikal he stands.

"Ready."

Gypsy #648443 Wed 14/11/12 14:23 UTC
Bekkah

After a while of doing what she could to help Lady Kay, Bekkah returned to the inn in search of her sister. When Dazi saw her, she seemed off, troubled, or concerned, just not the same cheerful Bekkah.

Nivek #648448 Wed 14/11/12 14:48 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Dazi glanced towards the entrance to the stables, and saw Bekkah walking towards them. The Dayalan frowned.

"Squire Dean may need both a thrashing and a talking to," she said to Kadri.

She walked the few steps to meet her sister, wrapping an arm around the other woman's shoulders.

"Bekkah, what wrong? Dazi never see Bekkah so... so... so NOT Bekkah!"

Kel #648450 Wed 14/11/12 14:54 UTC
Bekkah

"It's nothing." she said, then shook her head, looking even more sad.

"Can we go somewhere private to talk. Just like we used to when little?"

Nivek #648488 Wed 14/11/12 18:04 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

"Bekkah..." she said, her very tone calling her sister out for fibbing even as she hugged her.

"Sit with majestic unicorn? Like used to hide in stables?"

Daxia looked at Kadri; she had the same look in her eye when she'd mentioned thumping Dean on the head.

"Think maybe Kadri wanted have talk with someone, ya?"

Kel #648491 Wed 14/11/12 18:17 UTC
Bekkah

She looked up at the creature, still a bit apprehensive of the big unicorn.

"Sure, that work."

After Kadri left she looked at Dazi for a while thinking about what she wanted to say.

"Dazi, are you Dazi or Dayalan?"

Nivek #648508 Wed 14/11/12 19:52 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Wolf - Stopping at the stables to check with Daxia to see if she wants to come to the Guildhall, as Mikal had promised to do, even if it is out of the way. As for shopping, will window shop in a few storefronts looking for a place that carries good quality light crossbows, i.e. the kind that can be recocked by either a split stock that folds in the middle and retracts the bowstring or by a string-hook that is used to pull back the string. Not interested in a heavy crossbow that requires a crank and setting the stock on the ground to reload. We can play out the negotiations with the shopkeeper or not, up to you. I was going to post looking in a few shops and describing some bows and bolts along the way to Cesare, but we can jump ahead to the Guildhall if you want to just tell us we found what we need.)

Zeim #648509 Wed 14/11/12 19:54 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
[If you're going to stop at the stables, pretty please write that up so Dazi can say if she's going or not? smile ]

Kel #648558 Thu 15/11/12 00:12 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Originally Posted by Kel
Daxia

"Bekkah..." she said, her very tone calling her sister out for fibbing even as she hugged her.

"Sit with majestic unicorn? Like used to hide in stables?"

Daxia looked at Kadri; she had the same look in her eye when she'd mentioned thumping Dean on the head.

"Think maybe Kadri wanted have talk with someone, ya?"

"I'll take a walk aye."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Dazi looked at Bekkah, brows drawn together... perhaps in confusion, or perhaps simply thinking very hard.

"Can't not be Dazi. Dazi always Dazi. Talk like farmer folks, talk like Khorall... always Dazi. Talk lots, talk little, no talk... always Dazi.

"And no laughing from Morning Star! Dazi know do no talk." She shrugged. "Dazi just not like.

"Dazi Dayalan, too. Not lay Dayalan like little Dazi. Not Initiate Dayalan like yesterday Dazi. Now Starrider Dayalan. Don't know how not be Dayalan."

She gave her sister the same look she always gave Kassia when the Priestess would pose a question or problem that apparently had no solution.

"Only right answer... both."

Kel #648640 Thu 15/11/12 12:55 UTC
Bekkah

The answer didn't seem to make her any happier, in fact it made things worse. She almost seemed on the verge of tears. The fact that her speech switched back to her Dale speak that she rarely used was a telling sign.

"Not feel like Bekkah, only with Dazi. Bekkah gone. Bekkah invisible in towns. Others only see Lady of Attera, not see Bekkah. See help, not see woman. Feel like Bekkah dead, now someone different."

"But want to help, want to be Atteran. Love helping. Means so much to me. But ..." she said looking at Dazi to see if she understood.

Nivek #648647 Thu 15/11/12 13:43 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
[ooc - now that the others have finally wandered off wink ]

Darian

She took her gear with her when she left the inn, her bow at one shoulder and her cloak draped over the other. It was not a far walk as distances went, but she traversed it slowly observing the life of the town as she went. City folk were odd in so many ways.

She did have things she wanted to know, was curious about, but knew there was only one place for her to get her answers. She also knew those answers, _if_ he was willing to give them, would never be uttered in the presence of someone not of the Pack.

With Longtooth at her side, she arrived at the door of the Hunter of Bordertown and knocked.

ividia #648698 Thu 15/11/12 16:59 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal - with Cesare

He leads the way to the stables. After chekcing to make sure that Talia is being taken care of and giving her a carrot he took from the meal at the inn, he finds Daxia.

"Am heading over towards the Guildhall. Going to browse a few shops along the way with Cesare to see if we can find him a good crossbow. Did you decide if you wanted to come along?"

Zeim #648700 Thu 15/11/12 17:33 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Dazi enveloped Bekkah in a fierce hug.

"Oh, Bekkah!"

Just then Mikal and Cesare arrived, and Daxia looked up while still keeping an arm wrapped around Bekkah's shoulders. She shook her head.

"You said there would be less stress if I stayed back. And while they did, I think, need the help of a Dayalan and her partner, I don't have any wish to create discord by pointing that fact out to your Guild leaders."

She tilted her head, glanced between Morning Star and Bekkah, between Mikal and Cesare, then chose her words carefully.

"I would rather you express my thanks to them for allowing me the opportunity to be of service to Bordertown.

"I would rather you express my true and heartfelt appreciation for the bravery of every Jvrillian who fought last night.

"And I would rather you express my hope that every Jvrillian who fell last night now enjoys the rewards befitting one who sits in Jvrill's presence."

She paused, then nodded.

"Da, those words would cause some scandalous looks from some in the Temple at Dawnview..." She smiled, more than a little mischievously. "But that is why I am out here, that is why I am a Wild Dayalan. I think those words will make a difference, a positive one.

"And apparently I'm out here in the world to make a difference."

She shrugged.

"It's what the Wild Dayalans do..." She looked sidelong at her partner. "So I've been told."

Again, the redhead shrugged.

"Besides, my sister needs me right now."

Kel #648716 Thu 15/11/12 19:07 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal - with Cesare, Daxia, and Bekkah

He nods. "I will certainly do so, and in the case that they do not return the sentiment, please know that I do so for them."

He turns to Cesare. "If you're ready?"

Zeim #648720 Thu 15/11/12 22:02 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

"Thank you, Mikal. I think your Brothers, like my Sisters, would have mixed reactions." She smiled and shrugged. "That's the way of Dayalans and Jvrillians, after all, eh?" After Mikal and Cesare left, Dazi looked at Bekkah again and shook her head.

"Bekkah think backwards. Sit, sit!"

They sat together at the back of Morning Star's stall, shoulder to shoulder, just as they'd done three handful of years ago and more.

"You've heard Romana say 'Romanas is Romanas is Romanas' and Kadri say 'Kadri is Kadri is Kadri' and me say 'Dazi is Dazi is Dazi'. Da? You've forgotten that Bekkah is Bekkah is Bekkah, and now think Bekkah is just Lady Bekkah."

She looked at Bekkah and frowned.

"Do you think I can walk into a town and have anyone say, 'Oh look! There goes Daxia Yurisdotter!'? Only in Dawnview, and only around Dawnview Temple and Dawnview Castle. Everywhere else, they see a Dayalan. But even if they only see a Dayalan, I know I'm still Dazi."

Dazi sighed.

"It seems a little complicated when I say it with words. I'm a Dayalan, you're an Atteran. I'm meant to make a difference, you're meant to help people. There is more than one Dayalan who's meant to make a difference; there is more than one Atteran who's meant to help people.

"But there is only one Daxia Yurisdotter. There is only one Bekkah Yurisdotter.

"How many people besides Bekkah know who Dazi is? Teachers, da. Kisa, da. All the unicorns in the world, apparently," she said as she looked at Morning Star and rolled her eyes. "But even Kadri and Darian and Romana and Mikal... ones Dazi names as friends... don't know Dazi as well as Bekkah and teachers and Kisa know Dazi.

"How many people besides Dazi know who Bekkah is? Teachers? Da?

"So looks like, to Dazi, that Bekkah not feeling like Bekkah because Bekkah have no one to share heart with. Sounds like, to Dazi, Bekkah thinks no one wants to be friends with Bekkah because only Dazi see Bekkah and everyone else see Lady Bekkah. Da?"

The younger sister wrapped an arm around the elder and pulled her into another hug.

"Big difference between Dayalan and Atteran. Most people think Dayalan big joke. Everyone respect Atteran very much.

"But big difference not any difference when no one want be friend with Dayalan or Atteran. You talk to Kadri and Darian and Romana. Bet you find they see Bekkah if Bekkah let them see. Men?" Again, the redhead sighed and rolled her eyes. "Take pretty special man see past white robes... but take pretty special man see past sword and spurs, yah? But Gilly say Poppy Gwynn heart-friend is man. Must be very special man see past sword and spurs AND Lightning Hooves!"

Daxia looked at Bekkah sidelong.

"Atteran not take same vows as Dayalans? Okay for Atteran marry, have children? Or no?"

Kel #648811 Fri 16/11/12 13:08 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He stays in the background, often his preferred place, whilst Mikal talks to Daxia, though he smiles a greeting to both women. His attention is mostly focused on the unicorn as this is really his first opportunity to study it.. and he is curious.

All too soon though, Mikal is ready to leave and he nods he is ready also, so he turns and leads the way out. Once out in the street he asks Mikal..

"Where did the unicorn come from?"

Page 51 of 57 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 56 57

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
J-J Vomact
J-J Vomact
Old Bridge, NJ, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,869
Posts141,646
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy