Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Barry Mulvihill), 51 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 50 of 57 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 56 57
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Between Morning and Noon
Attaday, The Twenty-Third Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2623

Kadri and Romana and Daxia and Dominie and Mikal

An assault with a deadly spoon!

The rake steps back, trips ... and with a flail of arms tumbles over backwards ... falling towards the floor.

He does call out one word, in answer to kadri.

" ... wrong!"

And then he is gone.

Gone.

As in not there.

Period.

Gone.

Vanished.

Wolf #646643 Mon 05/11/12 00:54 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

The Dayalan blinked.

Several times, in fact.

"Aahhhhh... Kadri...?"

Daxia blinked yet again, looking at the place Dominie had last been.

"This foxy sneaky trick? Like Hunter trick? Handy to know, if is. You learn, yes?"

And then she frowned, just a little.

"Tell Dommie come back? Romana and Dazi like Dommie."

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #646648 Mon 05/11/12 01:22 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
kadri

"Never, never does a lady show all her tricks. Now, however I know something about Dominie or confirmed something I thought I knew. If Dominie wants to be here he will be here. If he doesn't want to .. He won't. Like me. He stays, and goes, as it strikes his inner compass. You do not make us come or go. We just ... do. May as well try to stopper the wind and bottle moonlight."

She sticks her tongue out at the departed Dominie.

"Really wanted to catch you, wouldn't have told you where I was aiming at."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia sighed.

"Yah, Kadri. Dommie come back if Dommie come back."

She shook her head.

"Kadri more serious than Dazi. Dazi supposed to be serious one."

She sighed again and stood up.

"I should go visit with His Magnificence The Font of All Knowledge. Why, who knows how long it's been since he's had a proper brushing? Mikal, just come fetch me after you've finished your lunch, and we'll go over to your Guildhall. Do you really think they'll want to see me there? I'm not so sure, but if you are... well, then... I'll be in the stables."

She had a polite smile on her face as she left the common room and made her way to the stable. People still waiting to give an apple to the unicorn or no people still waiting to give an apple to the unicorn, it didn't matter. After fetching the curry combs and hoof pick from her saddlebag, the Dayalan strode to the lovely space the stable master had found for Morning Star.

She looked at him for a moment, a crooked smile on her face, then stepped to his side and began brushing.

Gypsy #646684 Mon 05/11/12 05:55 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Originally Posted by Gypsy
Cesare

"Let's go see if he is back at the inn. He may know who best to speak to."

He holds out a hand in invitation.

Darian

She accepted his hand easily and with a smile. "Aye, he may be."

Kel #646700 Mon 05/11/12 12:28 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Originally Posted by Kel
Daxia

Daxia sighed.

"Yah, Kadri. Dommie come back if Dommie come back."

She shook her head.

"Kadri more serious than Dazi. Dazi supposed to be serious one."

She sighed again and stood up.

"I should go visit with His Magnificence The Font of All Knowledge. Why, who knows how long it's been since he's had a proper brushing? Mikal, just come fetch me after you've finished your lunch, and we'll go over to your Guildhall. Do you really think they'll want to see me there? I'm not so sure, but if you are... well, then... I'll be in the stables."

She had a polite smile on her face as she left the common room and made her way to the stable. People still waiting to give an apple to the unicorn or no people still waiting to give an apple to the unicorn, it didn't matter. After fetching the curry combs and hoof pick from her saddlebag, the Dayalan strode to the lovely space the stable master had found for Morning Star.

She looked at him for a moment, a crooked smile on her face, then stepped to his side and began brushing.

Kadri ... Tags along unless told not to.

ividia #646701 Mon 05/11/12 12:32 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

Yesterday is starting to dim in his memory. Not that he can't remember the details, in fact he can recall almost every second as it is etched in his memory and will be for a long time. But survival, hot food, sleep and peaceful company all serve to lessen the immediate horror of it all, the stark terror, the worst aspects.

They are alive, today is a good day.

And so they return to the inn, finding Kadri, Romana, Daxia and Mikal.

"Most of the town seem in fair humour today. Wasn't fully expecting that."

He says with a smile and in way of a greeting, before turning to the Jvrillian.

"Mikal. Do you have a moment?"

Gypsy #646744 Mon 05/11/12 16:11 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He nods to Daxia as she gets up to leave. "Is up to you. Will be less stressful were you to not come. Might be seen as rubbing their faces in the fact they needed a Dayallans help yesterday. But if that is your purpose, then come. I will check at the stables when I'm heading that way."

He resumes eating his meal, scraping the plate clean as Cesare and Darian arrive.

Putting down the spoon, he looks up at Cesare. "Sure." He pauses to see if the man will sit down or if he wants to step outside and speak privately.

Zeim #646923 Tue 06/11/12 14:35 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He sits down, sitting forward with his elbows resting on his knees. Certainly a more purposeful attitude than his usual laid back relaxed stance.

"I've been thinking about the last two fights we got into - the one against the lizards and the last one. Been thinking I'd be a lot more effective with a ranged weapon well.. with more range than my daggers. Generally I avoid fights. Those I can't avoid are usually close-quarters but I would not have survived close-quarters in these fights. So I was thinking bow or crossbow. Darian can't teach me her Hunter skils because they are Hunter. Accept that. I have skills that don't get passed outside the Rhoni."

He shrugs. It is the way of the world.

"So my question to you is do you know of anyone could could teach me?"

Gypsy #646962 Tue 06/11/12 17:24 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He pauses a moment in thought. "Your best options are a sling, javelins, or a crossbow. Javelin might be the simplest, but they are bulky to carry and you can only carry so many. Sling is easiest to carry. It would fit in your pocket, and you can pick rocks up off the ground to use as missiles, but it is the hardest to learn to use well and won't do much against a well-armoured foe."

"Crossbow is much easier to learn and use. You can carry more missiles than a javelin and have greater range than any of them. It can be a little bulky, especially if you are trying to climb and squeeze into and out of places", he gives Cesare a brief look, then goes on, "but I can teach you, so you could learn as we travel and not be pinned down here."

Zeim #646967 Tue 06/11/12 17:51 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She takes a seat at the shared table as well and laughs at Longtooth who is looking for another meal.

"How hound not be full?" she says to him, ruffling his fur.

Many scraps came his way as they wandered through town.

She ordered food and drink for herself and listened to the conversations around her.

ividia #647126 Wed 07/11/12 13:08 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He listens as Mikal considers his request, verbalising his thoughts, nodding occasionally as he agrees with the summation.

At the end he smiles broadly and offers his hand to seal the agreement.

"Accepted. And I will work hard because I think lives may depend on it in the future."

He looks for Darian then, smiling at her and Longtooth, but turns back momentarily.

"Do you wish anything in return?"

Gypsy #647148 Wed 07/11/12 14:46 UTC
M
M
[ooc] sorry for my absence...work, inlaws, life, etc.

Dean

The look from her was one he had seen often growing up. Imagining he is talking to his Mater as he might have back home, he takes a deep breath and says, "My Lady, my responsibility to you forces me to insist that you take care of yourself. What would you tell someone who refuses to eat and rest?"

He glances down at her horse, who seems to be nuzzling the neck of his own steed. Shaking his head slightly, he offers Lady Bekkah the napkin wrapped breakfast.

Mokie #647177 Wed 07/11/12 16:50 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He pauses before taking Cesare's hand, until the offer is made. "Yes. I could not offer without fair exchange. As we do not know each other that well, what skills do you know that you would be willing to trade in return?"

Zeim #647350 Thu 08/11/12 13:14 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He grins.

"Well that would mean I'd need to find something that I was better than you in doing, that you wanted to learn and that I was free to teach - though I have to say that I don't know how good a teacher I am but would be prepared to give it my best effort. Trouble is identifying those skills but I do have an idea."

He gathers his thoughts for a moment.

"I have skills with locks and with climbing that I suspect may be better than yours but I am not convinced how valuable these would be to you. I do have a skill that will be of interest to you but I cannot teach it. You may have heard that many Rhoni have skills with weapon smithing, these daggers are an example."

He takes out one of his matched pair, holding it out to Mikal for closer examination.

"Although I cannot teach it to you, I could employ it on your behalf."

He waits to gauge Mikal's response to his suggestions.

Gypsy #647355 Thu 08/11/12 13:26 UTC
Bekkah

She just stared at him incredulously. She was about to snap at him, then she just slumped on her mount. This was what it was and she'd been foolish. Just a simple country girl wanting more than what she'd had and she had to realize she was now no longer Bekkah, she was Lady Bekkah and that was her future. It wasn't the squire's fault certainly. In fact he was being smarter than she was. He knew his role in the world and he'd obviously accepted it without question. She could learn something from the man.

She reached out and took the food.

"Thank you squire Dean. I shall eat this so that you need not worry about me. Thank you again for your concern." she said formally.

"I think I shall return now." she said turning her mount back, kicking it hard so that it galloped at full speed back. She hoped the wind would dry her tears before she got back to the stables.

Nivek #647360 Thu 08/11/12 13:36 UTC
M
M
Dean

with new-found confidence, in truth, feeling downright jaunty in his ability to read a situation and respond appropriately, Squire Dean trotted back to the inn to finish breakfast.

Mokie #647377 Thu 08/11/12 14:46 UTC
Bekkah

She returned to the stable, handing off her mount, then with breakfast in hand, she headed towards Lady Kay's place to see if she could be useful as a healer.

Nivek #647413 Thu 08/11/12 18:02 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He 'hmmms' to himself in consideration, than replies, "Well locksmithing is of little interest to me, and while climbing might be fun to learn to do better, I have little practical use for it."

He examines the dagger. "Now blacksmithing is another story. May I?" He asks, holding out a hand for the dagger.

(Presuming Cesare has no objection)

He turns the dagger over in his hands, looking down the blade and testing the balance.

"Beautiful work." He acknowledges, handing it back. "I am always looking for local blacksmiths to repair or sharpen my weapons. If you are willing to help me with those tasks, as well as possibly make me a dagger as fine as this one, it would easily pay for my instruction."

He looks at Cesare. "Do you carry equipment with you to do such work?"

Last edited by Zeim; Thu 08/11/12 18:03 UTC.
Zeim #647419 Thu 08/11/12 19:26 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia brushed the unicorn in silence for fullhand after fullhand of breaths, so many that it might seem as though she had forgotten Kadri had followed her. A sadly pensive look was followed by a smiled, at which point she paused in the brushing.

"Morning Star, yonder is Kadri djinn Lisica al'Izgon."

She looked at Kadri, a twinkle in her eye.

"Kadri, this is the Magnificent and Pragmatic Font of All Knowledge Wise and Wonderful, Magnanimous Seer of All and Listener of Innumerable Nuances, He of the Majestic Flowing Mane and Charming Disposition Known as Morning Star. Morning Star for short."

Kel #647453 Fri 09/11/12 00:21 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
She lets her native speech roll off of her tongue.

"Qelm ba shekewh w'emela az danesh, banaset bezreguwar w'eaqel w'shegufet aneguaz az hemh w'shenwendh tefawet haa zeraf ba hed w'hesr, aw ra az aal ba shekewh bh jeraan anedakhetn w'mensh haa jedab bh'enewan setarh sebh shenakheth shedh aset."

She pauses.

"Quite a mouth full. I prefer the short one, yes. Too many words can be used to describe a creature whose beauty speaks for itself with no embellishment needed."

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Fri 09/11/12 00:58 UTC.
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

Always used to bargaining for everything, he is comfortable in the conversation, eyes twinkling a little.

"I have tool yes, but you would need to provide the raw materials and arrange a forge for me to use."

He smiles.

"Deal?"

He holds out his hand again.

Gypsy #647564 Fri 09/11/12 15:57 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He takes Cesare's hand. "Deal."

"I will talk to Daxia after I meet with my guild leaders. If we are to stay here for any length of time I will see about getting you some steel and access to a forge."

He cocks his head to one side. "Say, if I am to teach you the crossbow we will need to go shopping for one, as well as practice bolts. Do your smithing skills lend themselves to forging heads for bolts? There are different types that do different things. In my profession I tend to use the ones that punch through armour, but there are others. If you can make some they may be better than what we can purchase locally, not to mention save us some coin."

Zeim #647859 Sat 10/11/12 23:47 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia took a step back, placed both hands on her hips, then cocked her head to the side.

She slowly smiled.

Then she took a deep breath.

And let it out with a chuckle when the unicorn snorted.

"Handsome, Kadri. Guys are handsome. His Sisters are beautiful," she said with a grin.

Kel #647907 Sun 11/11/12 03:18 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri;

"Handsome has a meaning. If I want handsome, to handsome I will refer. Morning star is ... Beautiful, and if he chooses to take compliment as insult then, why, it would be not very gracious. A sunrise can be beautiful, as can any wonders of nature, the wild and wonderful. A raging river, a mountain storm. Handsome ... Is ... Too pedestrian. A mere mortal man ... Is handsome."

A pause.

"Being what I am, I cannot help but appreciate such a creature as you."

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Mon 12/11/12 02:54 UTC.
Page 50 of 57 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 56 57

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Gryphon
Gryphon
California
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,871
Posts141,690
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy