Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (AquaDyne), 56 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 57 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 56 57
ividia #605684 Fri 11/05/12 22:04 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
"Is there enough time to get to Bordertown, purchase everything we need for this trap, return, and then set the trap before dusk?"

It will be cutting things close; the variable factor is when will the beats show up after darkness ... they do not seem to have a set schedule; just any time after dark.

If they are late, you have time ...

If they are early, you may be caught mid trap making.

Wolf #605713 Sat 12/05/12 00:50 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Well, no time to waste then. Thick rope and lard on the way.

Zeim #605789 Sat 12/05/12 04:18 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Bekkah, Cesare, Dean, Kadri, Mikal, Romana, Tashka and Linette in the Temple On The Border West Chapel

Daxia regarded Mikal for a moment, before shaking her head and sighing. "You're right, of course. I think the two of us," she said, nodding in Bekkah's direction, "tend to think a little too much with our hearts and not always enough with our heads when it comes to one another."

She reached into the pouch hanging from her belt and pulled out a few coins, handing them to Mikal. "This, plus whatever Cesare can spare, plus any you have should get us everything we need." Looking to Kadri, she asked, "Would you mind going with Mikal? Your experience with merchants maybe be useful, and two can shop for more items more quickly than one, yes?"

Finally, she looked at Bekkah.

"It seems your fellow Healer and my tactics tutor believe you ought to stay close to us... perhaps back with Romana?"

She looked from Bekkah to Dean, and grinned broadly as she looked back at her sister. "Although honor demands our Squire and I do our very best in this fight, I think knowing you are not far behind us will encourage us to make absolutely certain not a Beast lives through the night."

Standing, the redhead looked around the room. "As foul as these beasts are, I am still wondering if I might prefer them to the Merchants and Thieves of Cragside," she said with a light shrug and a bit of a smile. "Oh, and they're definitely better than the Velikii, yes?" she remarked in an effort to keep hearts light and spirits high.

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #605797 Sat 12/05/12 07:33 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
CELI

Celi held the torch high as instructed, until it began to flicker and fade. Then she lit off the second torch, held it high in the same fashion, moving as needed to facilitae Derian's investigations.

Throughout she kept her ears and eyes open, and moved carefully so as not to accidentally stumble and extinguish the torch or render Derian blind.

It looked like some of these crevices could be blocked by moving the stones around, at least reducing the number of slits available to the creatures, but she would have to investigate that idea further.

Kel #605799 Sat 12/05/12 09:50 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Originally Posted by Kel
Daxia
with the Bekkah, Cesare, Dean, Kadri, Mikal, Romana, Tashka and Linette in the Temple On The Border West Chapel

Daxia regarded Mikal for a moment, before shaking her head and sighing. "You're right, of course. I think the two of us," she said, nodding in Bekkah's direction, "tend to think a little too much with our hearts and not always enough with our heads when it comes to one another."

She reached into the pouch hanging from her belt and pulled out a few coins, handing them to Mikal. "This, plus whatever Cesare can spare, plus any you have should get us everything we need." Looking to Kadri, she asked, "Would you mind going with Mikal? Your experience with merchants maybe be useful, and two can shop for more items more quickly than one, yes?"

Finally, she looked at Bekkah.

"It seems your fellow Healer and my tactics tutor believe you ought to stay close to us... perhaps back with Romana?"

She looked from Bekkah to Dean, and grinned broadly as she looked back at her sister. "Although honor demands our Squire and I do our very best in this fight, I think knowing you are not far behind us will encourage us to make absolutely certain not a Beast lives through the night."

Standing, the redhead looked around the room. "As foul as these beasts are, I am still wondering if I might prefer them to the Merchants and Thieves of Cragside," she said with a light shrug and a bit of a smile. "Oh, and they're definitely better than the Velikii, yes?" she remarked in an effort to keep hearts light and spirits high.

Kadri:

"Ok ... but if you get yourself killed while I'm not here, I'll have to hunt you down and take you out."

She winks.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He digs in a pouch and hands over a number of crowns with a little hesitation.

"Appreciate you not being extravagant, this was a long time in the earning."

With a nod, he turns and at a light run heads back to Darian & Celi.

[OOC Wolf, not sure how many crowns would cover say six throwing knives, a dozen arrows and some contribution to supplies? Cesare would have a much clearer idea than I do grin ]

Gypsy #605810 Sat 12/05/12 11:10 UTC
Bekkah

She kept a calm expression looking at all of their new friends.

"I believe in all of you. And while I understand why staying back would ease your mind little sister, knowing I'm close by to help you and the others, eases my mind. I shall stay out of my way and not draw attention to myself."

"I suspect some of the group will also ensure that I am never truly alone." her dazzling smile adding to the look she gave Dean.

Nivek #605843 Sat 12/05/12 13:53 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc Cesare - just assume you give Mikal the right amount of crowns!

Wolf #605845 Sat 12/05/12 14:37 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Bekkah, Dean, Kadri, Mikal, Romana, Tashka and Linette in the Temple On The Border West Chapel

Daxia chuckled as she nodded to Kadri. "I would expect nothing less of you, dear Kadri. Though it could be amusing to see how you would manage to take me out," she said, returning the wink.

Then looking at Bekkah, she grinned. "I suppose slaying lizards does not sound quite as romantic as slaying dragons to keep his fair Lady safe, but I'm certain Squire Dean will comport himself with honor and great zeal in his efforts to keep you from harm."

Kel #606113 Sun 13/05/12 13:54 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC: Thanks! smile ]

ividia #606145 Sun 13/05/12 16:52 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Noonish or maybe later
Rameday, The Twenty-First Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2623

In the Temple Ruins

It takes a little bit ... twists and turns and crawls high and low, zigs and zags and switchbacks ... and it is actually a handfull of feet through rubble and roots and stone and brush for Darian to actually realize she had squooze her way out of the ruins and into the tangled vegetation and scattered debris that covered the temple ruins. The path here was actually a low tunnel through the brambles, a faint circle of light glimmering at the end; a moire of green tinted sunbeams seeping through from above.

Definitely one of the routes the lizards used to enter the ruins on their way to supper.

Inside, both Celi and Cesare waited in the empty halls.

While above, in the chapel, an uncomfortable silence fell, as plans were made ... set ... and waiting to be acted upon ...

ooc note - once again we have a lot of description on wat may be done, but little "my character does this" kind of thing. we need actions, not intent! Mikal and Kadri may assume they can get up the rope and to the Bordertown markets; but once there we need two things; a shopping list and some scheme on how you are getting this gear *back to the chapel*, especially since you seem to be talking about rather LARGE amounts of rope and lard.

For those investigating the crevices; as noted before the Temple was ransacked and stripped just a little over three centuries ago. Many similar crevices can be investigated, so that by the time Mikal and Kadri get back half a dozen known ways into the Temple's lower level may be found.

Last edited by Wolf; Sun 13/05/12 17:19 UTC.
Wolf #606162 Sun 13/05/12 17:36 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Wolf - Intended to rent a large cart and pull it, or get a draft animal to pull it. As for actions, presume Mikal has left after asking for anyone free to come help him. Time is of the essence and he is not standing around chatting any more.)

Zeim #606166 Sun 13/05/12 17:47 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Bekkah, Dean, Romana, Tashka and Linette in the Temple On The Border West Chapel

After Mikal and Kadri departed, Daxia leaned against the wall close to Tashka.

"There is little more to be done until they return," she said to the Priestess, softly sighing. "While sitting quietly and resting holds some appeal, I would very much like to hear of your home, Verchovai. There do not seem to be any records of the Konstantines except that they were the Noble Family of Darkdown. And there is no record of just where Darkdown was." The younger Dayalan looked at Tashka, the look on her face easily betraying her love of learning.

"Where was Darkdown, and what was it like when you lived there? What sort of people were the Konstantines? How did you come to serve Dayala?"

She smiled... perhaps it was a bit sad, but it was a smile nonetheless.

"Yes, I have always been this inquisitive. And yes, I have been told fullhand of fullhand of times that everything cannot be learned all at once. But we have some time before Mikal and Kadri return... enough time for a tale of a Noble Family, their keep, their holdings, their people, da?"

Kel #606199 Sun 13/05/12 19:49 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
CELI

Celi was loathe to break her concentration on the ruins, lest she miss some whispered warning from Darien. Having Cesare near was a guilty pleasure, but she had no belief that the sentiment was returned. He seemed attracted to Darien.

Which was reasonable; she liked Darien as well. The two of hem made a nice couple.

I am doomed to a life of solitude. Me and my furry companion.

Which was also reasonable. We make a nice couple, she told herself.

She flexed her fingers, and for the bajillionth time went mentally through the gesture that would activate her ability to understand and speak the lizard's tongue. She could complete it in a second or two, but there was no reason to engage it until there were some lizards to overhear.

Kel #606200 Sun 13/05/12 19:50 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri went with - shopping list as i understand is alot of rope and enough lard to make several areas slippery

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
[OOC: Shopping list also included requests from Cesare: more torches... throwing knives and arrows if possible.]

Kel #606290 Mon 14/05/12 02:08 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She crept out towards the light, keeping careful watch for fresh spore or anything that would give her away. Darian just needed to see what was beyond, to see if she could determine where they were in precise relation to the town.

ividia #606382 Mon 14/05/12 12:31 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He watches through the cracks aiming to keep Darian in sight, even if this means slipping through the crack himself. He will remain back from her but wants to be in a position to either aid or return with news depending on what happens.

As he watches, he asks Celi a question.

"Where is your companion now? And is there any good reason why we should not have his/her help in the fight? There seems to be some sort of disapproval amongst the others, which I don't understand, and currently i think we need all the help we can get. Is your companion dangerous to us?"

Gypsy #606449 Mon 14/05/12 17:16 UTC
Bekkah

"Well staying where I can see you little sister makes me feel better so I'll remain behind you and the others, I'll keep my back to a wall and I'll remain alert."

She gives Dean a dazzling smile.

"And yes, I trust our squire to keep me completely safe."

Nivek #606464 Mon 14/05/12 17:29 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
CELI

"He is watching over the hound," Celi said. She said it slowly and thoughtfully, for she wanted to remain focused on Darian's progress and her own listening for lizard sounds and voices. "I haven't asked him if he wants to kill big lizards. He will ask if they are good to eat, and I don't know -- yet -- so I can't answer him.

"I usually don't involve him unless there is food involved, or a direct threat to him or both of us. Suppose I do ask. How ... umm, how are we going to get him inside with us?"

Meanwhile, she sent to her companion: Stormrunner. Some of these people I am helping want you to come inside and help us kill big lizards. How do you feel about that?

Nivek #606468 Mon 14/05/12 17:33 UTC
M
M
Dean

Dean says with a grin, "your confidence strengthens me Lady Bekkah" and returns to his silent prayers.

Mokie #606513 Mon 14/05/12 19:24 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Bekkah, Dean, Romana, Tashka and Linette in the Temple On The Border West Chapel

Daxia started to roll her eyes at Bekkah's "little sister" comment, but wound up giggling behind her hand at the exchange between her and the Squire.

"You are truly an inspiration, Lady Bekkah," she said, still giggling.

Kel #606601 Tue 15/05/12 00:22 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon

In the Temple Ruins

For Darian, it is only handful of moments more before she finally steps out into the cool afternoon. Ahead of her she can see the Forest of Roth, a short ride away. Behind her rises the ruins, a bit to the south of the center of the terraced hill. And to her left, the walls of Bordertown.

"There cannot be no more Konstantins ... families may vanish, they may hide for generations, but they never die out.

"That is just the way of the world."

Tashka looked down, shifting a bit, to at least change the press of her collar's spikes.

"The keep has been where its always been, watching over the Jagged Pass of the Mountains Black, the Jamble's gate and the River of Pearls. keeps are like Families, the have a home, a place, and that is here theywill always be.

"We are a rough mountain people; used to living where the air is thin, and our Khorall ... well what can I say that I already haven't? It was a time when the keeps often stood empty, or mostly empty. The only difference from you or I was that they held the keys to the Keep and would sit at the high table when the doors were thrown open for Midsummer's, midwinters. Between then and then, they worked the herds and valleys as the rest of us did.

"As for me ... I ..."

The Dayalan chuffed out a bitter breath.

"I just did not want to grow up, live, and die ... in one place."

Wolf #606604 Tue 15/05/12 00:25 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Afternoon

In the Temple Ruins

For Celi is was a reluctant response.

... in cold, dark, damp, stone box? no grass beneath paws, no skies above? all walls closed up tight? not natural, not natural at all.

... bleeeeeeeeeaaaachh.

... but if ask will come.

... though it means many, many, many dangerous sunbeams will escape.

Wolf #606691 Tue 15/05/12 05:09 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
CELI

for Stormrunner:

... I will seek wiser counsel before asking. I understand the importance of soft grass beneath and clear skies above.

...I hoped to bring all these captive folk to freedom under such skies as we enjoy...

...but to do that we must slay many fierce lizards. And perhaps slay their beastmaster too.

...Do you know a way in and out of this place without climbing down a well?
Derian [image] walks outside., but the lizards may enter this way. That would be a bad choice unless you hurry...

To Cesare:
"He will come if I ask. He is looking for a way in without the well; I told him I think Derian has found a way out, but the lizards use it. I will ask Derian."

Page 24 of 57 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 56 57

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Gryphon
Gryphon
California
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,869
Posts141,648
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy