Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (AquaDyne), 45 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 57 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 56 57
#600646 Sun 29/04/12 03:29 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Nightime
Rameday, The Twenty-First Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2623

Daxia, Kadri and Romana in the Temple Ruins with Tashka and Linette

Qietly, softly, from the shadows Romana moved. The slender woman approached Daxia and Tashka. Though she paused and stopped, dropping to her knees for a moment. There, a pace or so away, she placed her dagger on the floor ... and then her colorful pendant, and then her glittering earrings.

Only then did she complete her small trip, to sit down at the foot of the wall, at Tashka's feet. Within reach of her, hands and within the range of the chains that bound her to the wall.

She looked to Tashka, and then back to Daxia.

She swallowed.

"Romana could not stop, if Tashkas wish. Not fast nor strongs, Romanas.

"Just ...

"Romanas just want to lives. Lives and not hurt anyones. Awful hard to learn better when dead, yes?"

The elder Dayallan was quiet for a long while. A very long while.

"Guess not ..."

Her gaze then turned to Daxia.

" Great. ... My rescuers are a mad Jvrillian, a wild vale bred sister, and an Easterner.

"Next thing you know you'll tell me we gota Fox, too."

Wolf #600647 Sun 29/04/12 03:51 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Kadri, Romana, Tashka and Linette in the Bordertown Temple West Chapel

Daxia clasped her hands behind her back, looked down at the floor and cleared her throat.

"Ahh, that's... possible.

"Plus a Rhoni, a Hunter of Khannish, a Covener -- though it's best not to mention that in front of the mad Jvrillian -- a Squire of Rames, a Lady of Attera and a disenfranchised Imperial who is something Romana calls a 'Window'."

She looked back up at Tashka. "Oh, yes, Verchovai. Our Lady has quite the sense of humor."

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #600657 Sun 29/04/12 11:31 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"What ...?"

She says, looking over at Daxia.

"Why do you always look at me when you say that, Dazi?"

She said, raising an eyebrow and neither confirming nor denying, but smiling crookedly.

"And yes, I know you didn't REALLY look at me, but you thought about it. I could tell."

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Sun 29/04/12 12:46 UTC.
Kel #600658 Sun 29/04/12 11:36 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He is very concerned when Daruian returns to say the others from the ruins aren't back. And although she does not mention him specifically, he knows she will be anxious about Longtooth also, though he'd back the snark hound to avoid trouble more easily than some of their companions. He is wondering whether things would be different if they had gone with Mikal as suggested. Difficult to tell. This way there is more in a potential rescue party, he just hopes there are still people to rescue.

Dressing quickly he adds essential items, aiming to leave non essentials behind. He has alreasy experienced the climb to Lady Kay's and time may be of the essence. Although they have no idea where to start, that would be his suggestion, She may know something.

By the time he gets downstairs, he sees that Darian is already gathering supplies, always practical, and one of the things he admires about her. Mikal, with Longtooth, has also just arrived which is something of a relief.

He listens in silence as Mikal gives them a brief summary of events, nodding to show his understanding.

"If you are ready Bekkah, it would seem they are most in need of you. Gather the things you need, travel light for speed and we will head out as soon as you are ready."

#600681 Sun 29/04/12 14:39 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

"Aye, Mikal, Darian bring Dazi's things," she said with all seriousness as she placed a bundle in his hands.

"Break fast," she explained simply, and the package did feel like it contained food.

Then she looks to the Covener that had attached herself to the Healer. "Longtooth guard above. Hunter go where he cannot."

She glanced around at the few gathered. "Darian get Dazi bow, then we go."

She did not wait for a response but disappeared off towards the room returning a few minutes later with Daxia's short bow and quiver slung beside her own.

[ooc - Wolf, are the arrowheads ready.]

ividia #600693 Sun 29/04/12 17:09 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia turned her head slowly towards her friend, brows raised... surprised, curious. "Kadri?" she asked, worry tinging her voice. "You ok? Dazi worry enough without Kadri decide good time for play." She wrapped her arms around herself, gripping her upper arms almost as if she was cold.

"Mikal berate Dazi, Bekkah soon berate Dazi. If Bekkah words not go into Celi head, Dazi need patience Dazi NOT HAVE so not thump Celi with sword pommel."

She paused, regarding Kadri for a moment, then shook her head slightly. "Please no play."

Kel #600703 Sun 29/04/12 19:05 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri;

"Time come, Dazi, will be where you need me. No worries."

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi stuck close and kept quiet, although she did have one worry. Stormrunner, I go below ground in the company of the folk you know. Keep watch for me, and please, do not kill *or* eat Darian's hound, who will also be on guard. If he needs help, help him. Dogs are not always able to prioritize when to fight and when to run away to fight later. If you can manage it, don't let him get killed. Darian would miss him almost as much as I miss you.

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Sun 29/04/12 19:56 UTC.
#600710 Sun 29/04/12 20:33 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Near Dawn
Rameday, The Twenty-First Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2623

Daxia, Kadri and Romana in the Temple Ruins with Tashka and Linette

Romana just blinked, and Tashka just looked between the other two, a brow raising.

"Well ..."

Tashka just shrugged her shoulders, her chains rattling.

"All the Priestesses of the temple, their Guard, the housecarls of Dawnview, Snowgate and Glacier could not stop The Red Scarfed one ...

"It took a crazy Dayalan and a naive Covener who had no idea what she was getting into to stop him the first time ...

"Only fitting that this time around it takes a band of misfits."

She then looked across the way.

"T-t-t-ashka ... "

A quiet voice spoke, young, soft, barely a whisper.

"I dreamed ...

"I dreamed th-th-th-at one n-n-n-night, just one n-n-n-night ... th-the liz-z-z-ards were k-k-k-killed ...

Eyes still closed, across, the way, Tashka's companion began to stir.

"Th-th-th-at's ... that's th-th-thats a g-g-g-ood dream, isn't it T-t-tashka?"

Last edited by Wolf; Sun 29/04/12 20:36 UTC.
#600732 Sun 29/04/12 21:04 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Morning
Hasday, The Twenty-Second Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2623

Mikal, Darian, Cesare, Celi, Bekkah and Dean

Longtooth lounged at Darian's feet during breakfast, and his head rose as he heard his ame mentioned in the morning conversation. he just shook his furry head, chuffed out a breath and then lay his head between his paws again.

Mikal made his way in, made his way out, and back down the street to the guild house.

Still at the Dragonstooth, Darian, Cesare and Celi have gathered, their gear collected, at the ready.

Of Darian, of Bekkah ...

Longtooth simply stretched and yawned.

Waiting for the Imperials ...

Wolf #600734 Sun 29/04/12 21:07 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Bordertown
Morning
Hasday, The Twenty-Second Day of the Month of Crown of Ice, 2623

Stormrunner

Hah! There is no mere ruff that can outsmart, outrun, out pounce, out chase or out ... skeeeaaaarrrrrrmmmmoooooowwwwwrrrrwwwlll mrowl mrowl mrowl ...

... uhm ...

... I meant to do that ...

Last edited by Wolf; Sun 29/04/12 21:10 UTC.
Wolf #600746 Sun 29/04/12 21:28 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

Having left his message with the others he thanks Darian for the sack breakfast and he turns and heads for the guildhouse, munching on some bread and cheese as he walks.

Upon reaching the guild he checks with the smith to see how things are going with the sword. He then finds the swordpriest and asks what he can do to enspell the sword the smith is working on. He also asks Daxia's question.

"Do you know a way to break a magicked, darksteel, chain and shackles?"

Zeim #600747 Sun 29/04/12 21:49 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia was still looking at Kadri with worry, when Tashka spoke again. Turning back to the elder Dayalan, she shrugged. "Yes, a whole band of misfits led by a crazy Dayalan who..."

She broke off when Linette whispered.

In the silence following the girl's question, Daxia glanced between the two captives for a moment.

"It was not a dream, lass," she said softly. "The lizards were killed, though far too late to spare you your nightly fate, for which I'm sorry. We will try to make amends for that tonight.

"Kadri, can you... is your shoulder well enough to tip your waterskin up so Linette might have a few sips of water?"

Kel #600756 Sun 29/04/12 23:23 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri;

"Of course. - I do have two."

She smiles just slightly, and tips up her skin to allow the aforementioned drink.

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
He has an impressive howl, Celi opined, and a very good nose. But I would not trade you for a dozen like him. You are much easier on the eyes and ears ... and firmly embedded in my heart.

#600893 Mon 30/04/12 12:02 UTC
Bekkah

To her credit she did not panic or overreact. She had assumed Dazi would find trouble. She always did as a child, why should things be any different now. She was relieved however to hear that she was unhurt. From the sounds of it Kadri had not been so lucky.

She had very little so traveling light was a normal thing for her. Within a couple of minutes she was back down ready to go to the well. She was worried about climbing down a rope and even more importantly climbing back up. She wasn't certain she could manage that. She'd never done something like that before and she most definitely was not very strong. She did not attempt to go down the well until the others were there to verify that indeed she had to go down.

Last edited by Nivek; Mon 30/04/12 12:46 UTC.
Nivek #600904 Mon 30/04/12 12:33 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC: I doubt it would take any of us more than a couple of minutes Nivek.. and Cesare was already standing by the door waiting to go. Why travel alone for the sake of maybe 30 seconds? I just want to know if Bekkah is completely wilful and not part of the group - or unconcerned about her own or the safety of the rest of us, so Cesare can judge accordingly. smile Thanks!]

[OOC 2: Wolf what about Camelia? She wasn't mentioned.]

Nivek #600917 Mon 30/04/12 12:55 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Thanks! grin ]

Gypsy #600965 Mon 30/04/12 16:11 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc note - Camelia will be staying at the inn ... I don' want the NPCs outnumbering the PCs!

Wolf #600969 Mon 30/04/12 16:22 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Fine but can we assume we told her what was happening? smile ]

Wolf #600973 Mon 30/04/12 16:24 UTC
M
M
Dean

having taken his cue from Lady Bekkah, Dean gathers his gear and is ready to follow her in case she has need of his assistance and protection.

Gypsy #600974 Mon 30/04/12 16:25 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Yes. Mikal would have included her.)

Zeim #600986 Mon 30/04/12 17:07 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Thanks! smile ]

Cesare

Once everyone is assembled, he heads for the main gate with the others and from there up to the well. Once there he'll find out if everyone feels happy about climbing down the rope.

Gypsy #601018 Mon 30/04/12 18:04 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

On the trek up to the well, Darian collects several mostly straight sticks from the area dead fall or from the trees themselves if necessary. By the time they have reached the well, she has fashioned torches from them and set all in her quiver.

At the well the Hunter uncoils her own rope, tying it off near the first rope and coiling the end beside the well.

"Darian go first, set torch for light. Mikal come after. Cesare, Dean, use second rope to help healer down then lower Dazi armor. Celi, simple yes or no, you climb well?"

Zeim #601019 Mon 30/04/12 18:07 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

[ooc: re Camelia -- nobody told Celi what was happening; why should Camelia know?]

"Yes.. I can climb trees and such well enough, if I don't have to carry a heavy load. How much must I carry? What am I to climb?"

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Mon 30/04/12 19:08 UTC.
Page 18 of 57 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 56 57

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Gryphon
Gryphon
California
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,869
Posts141,648
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy