Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (AquaDyne), 37 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 35 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 34 35
Kel #573849 Thu 29/12/11 05:20 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Afternoon, the Town of Cragside
Restday The Last Day of the Month of Raven, 2623

Darian, Longtooth, Cesare, Kadri, Camelia and Daxia

Looking to Daxia, the elder Dayalan just leaned on the door, pushing it open and looked out into the practice area.

"Scott ... Deynnekko .... get over here, now-now, hai?"

Outside there is a muffled reply; Dandelion the continues.

"Sister and Temple sister's called in a favor; just don't get in trouble."

Nodding to Daxia the swordwoman then continued into the commons, bound for her lieutenant. Or rather, the plate of bread and cheese that rested at her Barris' table.

"I am sure I dont want to know."

Was her quiet comment in passing. A handful of heartbeats later the summoned pair would appear at the door. Dunwich Scott was the older of the two, his brigandine hauberk hanging open as he shook his auburn hair out - recently freed from a steel helm. He was about average height and build, with the rugged features found of a tarn farmer. His companion was younger; perhaps a handful of years older than Daxia. his hair was black and he had a light slender build. He carried his helm; its mantling trimmed in the Deynnekko checkerboard.

Wolf #573852 Thu 29/12/11 06:15 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Dunwich and Rafe in the doorway to the practice yard

"No, Verchovai. Daxia not tell anything," she said softly as her Temple-sister walked towards her second. "Wonder if Duksheviya crazy for all initiates," Daxia muttered to herself while waiting for Dunwich Scott and Rafe Deynnekko.

When the two arrived in the doorway, she introduced herself simply; lightly tapping fingers to breastbone, she said, "Daxia Yurisdotter. Well met, Dunwich Scott, Rafe Deynnekko," and nodding politely to each. She took a deep breath, expelling it quickly.

"Would like to borrow wagon, horses to pull, crates to fill, tarp to cover. In crates, if possible..." She paused to considered. "...heavy things, ordinary things. Ahh... pretend farmer bring last harvest crop, want to take something back, trade in Brementown maybe. Need quick, quick. You can help, yes?" She glanced back at their Captain. "You not want know why, no," she said, looking back at them and shaking her head.

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #573863 Thu 29/12/11 10:08 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

Already intrigued by Daxia on one level as he watches her lithe figure walk away from their group, he finds himself further intrigued by her thought processes and planning. An interesting bunch of people he is with and as he glances around them, he thinks that probably all of them may well have more to them than might be evident on the surface.

"I know things are not yet clear to everyone. We'll go over individual roles when Daxia returns until everyone is happy with what they are doing. We can't afford any confusion, that will likely lead to failure and we can't afford that. Too much at stake."

He pauses then glances at Darian and Longtooth with a quick smile, before turning back to the others.

"I worked with Darian and Longtooth today. They both have my respect. I have yet to work with most of you.. and you with me. We have had only a short acquaintance but we must have faith in each other. The fates have brought us together here and I still think there is more of this than we even suspect. Too many coincidences, too many connections already."

He shrugs. Already saying much more than he used to doing, especially in a group. So he stays quiet now and drinks his ale.

Gypsy #573885 Thu 29/12/11 17:31 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Afternoon, the Town of Cragside
Restday The Last Day of the Month of Raven, 2623

Darian, Longtooth, Cesare, Kadri, Camelia and Daxia

The Deynnekko looked to Scott and chuckled,

"That's your line of work, Dun."

The Horde's quartermaster simply rubbed the back of his neck, thinking a bit.

"Sure we can wrangle a cart and such from our supply train and simply add it to the tab your Jvrillian friend is building up. Just bring back the horses fine and we'll be square. Wagons can be fixed, but horses we have to get from Kraigskell or Talesan's and thats a fair impossible hike this time of year."

The elder mercenary then pushed the younger Imperial back out of the door and towards the stables.

"Shouldn't take us long, especially with this kid to help me. Come on Rafe, Captain's orders ... you can't escape."

With a nod the two start off to complete their tasks.

Wolf #573897 Thu 29/12/11 21:38 UTC
Bekkah

She took a deep breath and made a conscious effort to not use her Vale speak so that everyone would understand fully.

"I trust in my sister and I will do as she asks of me. I fully expect a long accounting of the things I have missed to this point, but I will protect this girl when you can get her from this man who would harm an innocent. if you can spare his life and show him mercy, then I ask that you try. If not, then again, I trust in my sister."

"So I pledge the healing power of my station to any who partake in this endeavor."

Nivek #573904 Thu 29/12/11 22:30 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri

"I am of course in to the hilt."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Dunwich and Rafe in the doorway of the Inn then
with Bekkah, Cesare, Darian, Longtooth, Kadri, Lia in common room at the Inn

Daxia nodded to the quartermaster. "Ta. Prefer to bring all back fine. But if wagon need fix, Jvrillian can do... after Daxia thump head." She watched them walk off, then leaned against the wall, arms crossed, surveying the room.

"What you get me into, huh, Kisa?" she whispered to herself.

After another fullhand of heartbeats, she pushed herself off the wall and walked back to the table. Sliding into the chair beside Bekkah again, she said, "Ok, any idea to get in warehouse if cart of ore riding off not big enough distraction for evil man?"

Kel #573940 Fri 30/12/11 05:36 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

"Know nothing of cities but seems some ... warehouses ... be like trees. Can climb up to top," she suggested blithely.

"If window there, can climb down to window."

ividia #573945 Fri 30/12/11 10:33 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"Might be able to get past locked door, might be more than one door."

He looks over to Darian.

"The neighbouring warehouses are quite close. It might be possible to climb one of those and then move across them via the roof."

#573952 Fri 30/12/11 13:49 UTC
Bekkah

"I don't suppose just asking for her would work, even if I asked?"

She didn't even wait for the answer, figuring Dazi wouldn't like the idea.

"What if we say girl is initiate of Attera and I wish her to return with me?"

"And don't you dare call me Cobble-block if you don't like idea."

Last edited by Nivek; Fri 30/12/11 13:54 UTC.
Nivek #573953 Fri 30/12/11 13:54 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"If it comes to climbing."

She grins.

"I am like a cat."

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc note to Bekkah; that may not be the wisest thing to do; this is a would where the various and sundry Gods and Goddesses are real; making claims of who follows who can be very tricky - especially if she is already a member of another church.

The post is still fine; Luckily Attera is the most tolerant of folks.

Wolf #573991 Fri 30/12/11 19:43 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
<Lia>

She steepled her fingers and listened to the banter. Her face was calm and her eyes hooded.

Finally she spoke up stating simply, "I wouldn't compare myself to a cat in climbing, but perhaps I can aid in that as well. I would climb from the window to the roof, or the roof to other places at times."

#573993 Fri 30/12/11 20:10 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Bekkah, Cesare, Darian, Longtooth, Kadri, Lia at the Inn

Daxia nodded to Darian, Lia and Cesare, "Climb, locks... good." She grinned and winked at Kadri, saying "Hope Kadri not like Temple cat fell from high places, misjudge distance when jumping, fall to ground, yes?" Then she turned to her sister. "Bekkah not cobble-block. Good idea for getting door open. But... girl probably follower of Marrennen, yes? Father merchant; make sense. Remember what I write Kassia say when Deities upset with each other? Nothing good happen for us here, yes?" she said seriously. "We not want make Marrennen upset with Attera by say girl Attera's initiate. We have trouble enough with Marrennen followers, yes? Don't want Marrennen Himself involved." She shook her head vigorously.

"Daxia ok at climbing, but not if wear armor. Hauberk not light like tunic," she said with a smile.

Kel #573994 Fri 30/12/11 20:17 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal with Celi

Re-entering the inn with Celi he moves over to the table and takes an empty seat, pulling a second one over for Celi to sit in.

"Alright. Left as big a rumour as I could at the Punched Penny. Didn't even haggle to make it seem like it was for something so profitable that Eli didn't care about the cost."

"How are things going here? Are we set?"

Zeim #573997 Fri 30/12/11 22:09 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Gang at the Inn

"Go well, I think. Nearly set, need little more information, maybe," Daxia said. "How big rumor you leave?"

Kel #573998 Fri 30/12/11 22:22 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

"Told the stablemaster we were looking for wagon and team for my employer, then dropped Eli's name when talking prices. Celi inspected the animals carefully. He gave me some outrageous price, expecting haggling, but we simply accepted it without comment telling him if it was acceptable I'd return."

"I expect the lack of haggling left a big enough impression that he'll comment on it. Plus were I him I'd think that either Eli is in such a rush he can't be bothered to waste time haggling or that he expects to make such a big profit on the wagon's contents that it's not worth the trouble to haggle. Likely both. Hopefully gossip about what Eli could want a wagon so badly for, in such a rush, and for something so profitable, will add to the rumour he already has the key."

"Oh, one other thing. Stablemaster dropped the fact that while Marrennenn is likely a made up surname many merchants take, Eli is either one of the Merchant Princes or their eldest son."

Zeim #574001 Fri 30/12/11 22:33 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Gang at the Inn

She nodded slowly. "Make sense Merchant Prince win prize. Work even better for plan, Daxia think." She paused, considering options, for a handful of heartbeats. "Oh, almost forget... Cesare, you can climb ok if door lock from inside?"

Kel #574035 Sat 31/12/11 04:22 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celia took the proffered seat with a grateful nod, listening to Mikal's recount of their venture. She made a point to observe the others in his audience, making mental notes to help her build a picture of each element of this team effort.

She wanted to be able to give Mikal useful impressions when asked, or actual behavior, if he needed extra eyes.

#574146 Sun 01/01/12 16:17 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"Climbed before, fell before but not as many times. I will manage."

He grins.

"Also need to fill in some more information now we are getting down to details. We can get to the warehouse via the main route at the front which was obviously watched and by noone that we spotted, Longtooth included. We can also access the rear.."

He points to and replenishes his ale drawing, having to dip his finger much further by now.

"..disadvantage there are the guard patrols on the walls. However that would keep our watchers away too and given the season and the general lack of external threat, the guards are likely to have a light infrequent presence. There is a side alley too, in shadow though, which could work in our favour but I could not see enough to make out what might be down there. Actually thinking about that alley, widee than a tall man so jumping might be difficult - and given the buildings have two stories - long way down."

He pauses, recalling.

"There were windows, not sure how these were secured or how easy they might be to open. These were narrow and on the second story about head height. The warehouses looked well constructed, heavy planking and not only would be difficult to break throught but hard to imagine how that could be done without a lot of noise. The area has barels and crates scattered around. Could be useful for cover or for stacking to reach higher places."

Having given his assessment as best he can remember, he watches Daxia to see what she makes of it.

Gypsy #574149 Sun 01/01/12 16:33 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Gang at the Inn

"You see any entrance in rear? Door, windows?" she asked, considering the whole of his information.

Kel #574154 Sun 01/01/12 16:38 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"Haven't seen the rear other than there is one by looking down the alley. So it is an unknown quantity. Would be a good approach though down the back of the warehouses but we would be going in blind."

He grins.

"Not be the first time though.."

Gypsy #574164 Sun 01/01/12 17:20 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

Darian glanced down at the drawing. "Building other side of alley good place for scout."

Then she looked to Dazi. "What range bow? How far arrow fly?"

ividia #574167 Sun 01/01/12 17:47 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with the Gang at the Inn

"Yah, ok, good information... ta," she said to Cesare before turning to answer Darian's question. "Same as longbow, yes? Daxia have good bow," she said with a grin.

She paused then, fitting Cesare's new information into the rest of the plot, staring almost vacantly at the far wall and tapping out a regular rhythm on the table with her fingers. "Not want misunderstanding, so..." Daxia took a deep breath, rolled her shoulders, and sighed. "We have two simultaneous objectives. First, cause a distraction; a big one. Second, rescue Elissa.

"With the exception of Mikal and Celi, we need to make our way to the location of the warehouse in small teams, da? We should leave separately, as we did when Lia and Conrad took their walk, perhaps each group taking different routes. As Cesare, Darian and Longtooth have been seen together already, it would not seem unusual that they would walk together through the town once again. I will walk with Bekkah, if Lia and Kadri would not mind teaming up. We will meet as close to the warehouse where the girl is held as possible, perhaps in this shadowed alley Cesare spoke of. Kadri will continue to Dama Samara's warehouse down the street.

"Mikal and Celi will take the cart the Horde's quartermaster has so graciously supplied... oh, and remind me later to thump you and talk to you about the tab you're running up here, my Jvrillian friend... to the warehouse where they'll be met by Kadri. As the employee of the warehouse owner, it would not be unusual in the least for Kadri to let them into the warehouse.

"Kadri, you can play it one of two ways: you don't care, you just let them in and supervise them while they're inside loading the cart... or you can be outraged, and demand a token of proof before you let them in and indignantly watch them. In either case, get the cart into the warehouse, shut the doors, lock yourselves in... and just wait. Though you might be kind and feed Elissa's horses; I doubt anyone has seen to their care since yesterday. Wait at least half a candlemark, but probably not more than a full candlemark, before coming out again. Make a big show of giving the darksteel lock and key to Mikal, but actually hand over a plain lock and key. With your sleight-of-hand tricks, that should not be a problem, da?" she said with a grin. "Then relock the warehouse with the darksteel lock. Head back up the street looking either resigned or indignant, however you're playing it, as though you're heading back here to the Inn. But you're going to meet us in the shadows beside the other warehouse."

She turned back to Mikal. "Mikal, you and Celi are just a nice farmer boy and his younger sister, heading back out of town. You sold your last crop of turnips at the market, and you picked up a few things you think might sell in the market in Brementown, which is on the way back home. Go through town slowly enough that you can start to gather a following of nervous and concerned merchants and thieves. But don't go so slowly that you're caught. I don't want you caught until you're well out of town. Go through the town gates and head west, going at a pace a nice farmer boy would take on his way back home. Just keep going until someone catches up with you, but do try to make it at least half a mile out of town, da? Somebody is going to catch you, but you're going to be very cooperative and polite. If they want to see what's in the crates, let them see what's in the crates. If they want to see your darksteel lock, you have no idea what they're talking about, but you can show them the plain lock Kadri will hand you. Nice, polite, confused farmer boy... nice, polite, confused, very, very shy little sister, da? Very shy, Celi... eyes down if anyone approaches, one-word answers barely above a whisper, da? Your confusion and polite cooperation should get them to realize that somebody duped them. And thanks to your rumor-mongering, the signs will point to Eli as the one who duped them. Use your best judgement on returning to the Inn; spending the night under the wagon might not be the most comfortable of places, but if it's the safest option, please choose it.

"Now, Celi... your task is to make sure, as best you possibly can, that nothing harms those horses. The quartermaster was quite insistent that the horses make it back here safely. I would also like to see the wagon and the contents returned safely, as well, if the two of you can manage that. It would be a poor return on Captain Koromov's hospitality and generosity to do otherwise."

Daxia then turned to the others, the ones who would be rescuing the girl. "Now to speak of Elissa's rescue...

"If it is possible to stack these barrels and crates while Kadri is talking to Mikal and letting him into Dama Samara's warehouse, we should do so. This might make an easier tree for Darian to climb to see into the windows. Knowing where in the building the girl is being held would be useful information... as well as her apparent health, if it can be determined, and the location of the man.

"Cesare, you will please check the back of the building for a way in. If it is possible to enter at that point, I think it would be the easiest and safest way.

"However, if that is not possible, then those who can climb must climb to the windows and enter that way when Mikal and Celi are exiting the warehouse. That should should cover the sound of breaking windows if that is the only way to gain entry.

"We can also pray that our Deities are watching us with kind attention and this evil man steps out of the warehouse when he hears Mikal and Celi leaving, and we can enter the warehouse through the front entrance." Daxia furrowed her brow. "Though it does concern me that you said, Cesare, the entrance was obviously watched and not even Longtooth could see those who watched." She glanced down at the ruff under the table. "That is most... unusual, da?" She shook her head, regarding the rest of the group before continuing.

"This rescue cannot be planned with any precision. Be ready for any action on his part... will he stay in the warehouse when Mikal and Celi ride off, or will he step outside? Will we take him by surprise, or will he be expecting some sort of rescue attempt? There are still too many things we don't know, so we must be flexible and able to react to whatever does happen. My role will be to keep my shield and sword between any who would harm those who cannot defend themselves, da?

"Bekkah and Lia, I'd like you to stay outside. I know you have no fighting skills, dear sister, and I want you safe. And while you could very likely tear my hair out by the roots, Lia -- something Mikal would enjoy watching, so we will not give him the satisfaction, da?" Daxia said with a grin and a wink, "...facing a dangerous man with weapons is not where you belong. I want you safe, as well." Daxia studied the younger woman for a moment. "And I doubt your sister would thank me if I allowed harm to come to you after your long separation, da? So... the two of you should stand ready to assist Elissa, once we have secured her.

"The priority, the highest priority, is to get Elissa out of the building and into Bekkah's and Lia's hands. If this evil man should fall into Krysta's tender embrace during our encounter, I will have no regrets. Dayala does not care for those who prey upon the weak and the helpless. One who would use a child in this way..." She shook her head, a look of hardened determination on her face, and was silent for perhaps two handful of heartbeats. Then she took a deep breath and continued.

"Once we have removed Elissa from the warehouse, we need to get her back here safely. Kadri, you know the streets and the alleys, and the best ways to avoid being seen, I think. And if Longtooth and Darian can warn us of anyone we might encounter, perhaps we can even return here swiftly.

"And Bekkah, you will need to explain the purpose of the temporary guardianship to her, da? According to Dama Samara, she is very bright; she should understand the need for this protection. A Priestess of Attera should have enough sway to hold off the Nobles should they become... troublesome." She looked around the table. "None of the rest of us do. So you must be stronger than the Shannons, should they attempt to interfere, and keep Elissa safely with you, at all times, until we find a permanent guardian for her."

Daxia paused again, studying each of them in turn. "If there is an obvious thing I have missed, or some fatal step you see in this plan, speak now... for time is growing short. If you find this plan a workable guide, then we should begin our preparations."

[OOC: Wolf asks that you each post your proposed actions, as I cannot speak for any of you. Once everyone has done so, the Long Post can be written.]

Kel #574176 Sun 01/01/12 18:53 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
<Lia>

She looked back at the woman and neither returned the smile nor reacted to the tone of voice. Lia merely nodded briefly. "I doubt," she said dryly, "That keeping me safe to see one out of harm is an appropriate thought but as you will."

Last edited by Raven; Sun 01/01/12 19:12 UTC. Reason: ooc comment removed
Page 28 of 35 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 34 35

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Tusk
Tusk
Warboys, Huntingdon
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,853
Posts141,265
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy