Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Asta, Zeim), 19 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 35 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 34 35
Kel #569237 Mon 21/11/11 20:40 UTC
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He sighs. *Knew it was too good to be true. My luck could not change that dramatically overnight.*

"So, three different groups. Well two different groups, with at least three messengers, all after the same thing. A thing we hold. Or I should not speak for Kadri. A thing she holds."

"Wonder who the 'girl' is too? If she's one of us, it can't be Kadri, or they'd have the key already. That only leaves Dama Camelia, Celi, or Lady Comfrey. Or someone we, or I at least, don't know."

His eyes blink. "Speaking of which, if any of these know Kadri holds that key, and I presume the key that was found in the alley is the key they mean, she could easily be in danger. Do either of you know where she went to this morning?"

Last edited by Zeim; Mon 21/11/11 20:48 UTC.
Zeim #569239 Mon 21/11/11 21:00 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
in Commons with Mikal, Darian and Longtooth

Daxia considered a moment, then said, "Do not think anyone foolish enough to harm Lady of Attera. Hearing Camelia's tale, thinking maybe some want to harm her. But as you say... maybe one we not know." Then she shook her head. "Did not see Kadri come down before leaving." She turned to Darian. "You or Longtooth notice?"

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Zeim #569240 Mon 21/11/11 21:09 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi had arisen with the others, then mirrored their behavior where ablutions and breaking fast were concerned, so as not to incur anyone's wrath through ignorance. She was not so rude as to prevail upon anyone's company, so when Mikal went walkabout to get his apples and whatever else he sought, Celi prevailed upon the innkeeper to purchase the use of enough water to perform her minimal ablutions; she would have been perfectly happy with horse-trough water from the stables, if such were all she were allowed.

When she was done, feeling refreshed and awake if not spectacularly full-bath-and-soap clean, and after a walk outside, up and down the main street, she returned to the commons to find Mikal and Darian in conversation with others.

She would never invite herself to someone else's conversation; her nascent companionship had apparently vanished with the sunrise, like the first dew. She found an unoccupied seat, and practiced staying out of everyone else's way, trying not to look longingly at the conversation adcross the room.

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Tue 22/11/11 01:13 UTC.
#569259 Mon 21/11/11 22:50 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

"Know Healer by clothes. Only met Mikal and Celi. Which is Kadri?"

ividia #569263 Mon 21/11/11 23:00 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC Note: your gamemaster, who can't type to save his life, screwed up on Celi's post ... however I would make the following simple suggestion - if its okay with folks - that can bring everything back together again.

In Celi's post change this:

When she was done, feeling refreshed and awake if not spectacularly full-bath-and-soap clean, she returned to the commons to find Mikal and Darian in conversation with others.

To this:

When she was done, feeling refreshed and awake if not spectacularly full-bath-and-soap clean, and after a walk outside, up and down the main street, she returned to the commons to find Mikal and Darian in conversation with others.

ividia #569265 Mon 21/11/11 23:07 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
in Commons with Mikal, Darian and Longtooth

"Little one, so tall," she said, indicating Kadri's approximate height. "Dark hair with... things in hair."

Kel #569271 Mon 21/11/11 23:19 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian
in Commons with Mikal, Daxia and Longtooth

"No. I did no see her."

She looked to Mikal then.

"You say this Kadri has this key. Are you sure it is same? A black key?"

Kel #569272 Mon 21/11/11 23:19 UTC
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Mikal

"She was the one riding the pretty little mare." He adds, then nods as she answers that she did not see her.

"Well, as to it's colour, I couldn't say. I didn't see it myself, but I heard she and Cesare speaking about it in passing. But the man I met who wanted it called it black, and of Darksteel."

Then, he sees Celi come down and sit alone at a table. He frowns slightly, and sighs, then waves in a friendly manner, beckoning her to come to the table he is sharing with Daxia and Darian.

Last edited by Zeim; Mon 21/11/11 23:23 UTC.
Zeim #569283 Mon 21/11/11 23:47 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He enters the inn by the front door, pausing for a moment he sees the group, continues looking around and then moves directly over to them.

"Morning Daxia."

He smiles at her, then his gaze moves to the others, even to a girl sitting apart from the others though he remebers her from the night before.

"Morning everyone. Didn't get the chance to become acquaited last night, name's Cesare. Anyone seen Kadri?"

Gypsy #569285 Mon 21/11/11 23:53 UTC
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Mikal

"Welcome to the club." He answers with a chuckle. "Let me guess. Someone offered you a ton of money for the key?"

Zeim #569289 Mon 21/11/11 23:57 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

Club would indicate several. Worrying.

"Then maybe we should be concerned with who is not here worried about Kadri. Money is a big temptation for a lot of people.."

He mentally does a head count.

"So no-one has seen her this morning? Then we should go find her before others do."

It seems straightforward to him.

Gypsy #569322 Tue 22/11/11 01:18 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
[ooc: previous post edited as requested above, so you can delete the GM post if you wish.]

Celi

Celi of course spotted Mikal's wave and was more than delighted to join them, as it was now clear she wouldn't be intruding. She still had only enough presence to whisper her thanks to Mikal, trying not to blush in embarrassment, before she took a seat in his immediate vicinity where she listened in mannerly fashion to the conversation.

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Tue 22/11/11 01:19 UTC.
#569341 Tue 22/11/11 02:43 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Mikal, Darian, Longtooth, Cesare and Celi

"Not offered money," Daxia said, shaking her head. "Just threat. Interesting, that." She looked up at Cesare and gestured for him to sit with them. "This Mikal and Darian," she said as she nodded to each of them, "and careful for Longtooth under table." Then she turned to Celi. "Sorry, not know you. Am Daxia."

Kel #569344 Tue 22/11/11 02:46 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

She offered a nod to Cesare at Daxia's introduction.

ividia #569354 Tue 22/11/11 03:04 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

"It is my pleasure, Daxia." Celi smiled and raised her hand briefly in greeting. "I am Celi.
Umm... this Kadri ... what is it that he -- or she -- has that you seek? I ask only because I might know something ..."

She shrugged, embarrassed at being the center of anyone's attention. BUt perhaps it was nothing, and she need not worry further.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Tue 22/11/11 03:08 UTC.
#569362 Tue 22/11/11 03:26 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Glancing around the table at everyone else first, she said to Celi, "Kadri found key near knife last night. One of murderers drop it, yes?" She looked at Mikal. "Maybe was darksteel, hard to tell in blue spell-light," Daxia said with a smile, then turned again to Celi, raising a questioning eyebrow. "Many people seeem to want key. You know something, maybe?"

Kel #569373 Tue 22/11/11 03:41 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi nodded. "I ha' been told of the key. A thin man, older, wearing dark clothes, muddy cape and an oily, unctious voice. When he stopped me to speak, we were avoided by those who passed. Of course, that could have just been me.

"Howsomever, he claimed a certain key were stolen from him. He called it a black key, said it were special. Then he offered me a thousand crowns if I recovered it and brought it to him. He told me to go to the Punched Penny, and ask for Davy Lay-me. I think that were how he said the name. I assumed it were his name, but I suppose he could be acting for another.

"I am not one who seeks reward or payment beyond what is fair earned. This seemed ... stout. To me, that said there were sommat false about the key, or the reward, or good sir Lay-me. This is why I ask. If Kadri has the key, and Kadri is a friend, then your friend is likely in dire need of help. I am sure i were not the only person this Davy spoke to, and some may ha' less compunction about believing his tale."

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Tue 22/11/11 03:42 UTC.
#569380 Tue 22/11/11 04:28 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

"Only know Kadri few days, but inclined to like her. She... very interesting." She thought for a few moments. "Kadri not defenseless or weak," Daxia said, more to herself than the others, "so not bound by vows to help... but am thinking Dayala be displeased if I turn back on Kadri. And Duksheviya for... heh, yah, Duksheviya for learning from this."

She nodded her head, having come to a decision. "I say before... do not like this. If Kadri need help, want help... I help. Men who speak to me say buy goblet from Terry Woodcutter when I have key. What I need goblet for, anyway?"

Kel #569381 Tue 22/11/11 04:38 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

"Mayhap there is more than one person seeking this key," Celi ventured. "Davy the weasel and Terry the woodcutter need not be the same individual. Do we know the true nature of this key?"

#569383 Tue 22/11/11 05:00 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She looked again at the group around her. "Seem like maybe five people looking for key. That we know. Maybe they work together, maybe not." Her gaze settled on Mikal. "If man you meet tell truth about key made of darksteel..." She seemed to be puzzling something out, staring down at the table and shaking her head. Finally she shrugged and addressed Celi again. "Not make sense; darksteel rare. Swords, armor... yes, make those from darksteel. But simple key? Only reason can think is hold magic better." Daxia narrowed her eyes, and addressed her next question to the entire group.

"Why somebody want magicked key?"

Kel #569433 Tue 22/11/11 14:01 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He sits as invited but only because it is next to Daxia, he has no intention of remaining long but it seems there is knowledge to share and that is always important. He does however talk to everyone there, nodding with a smile as each is introduced, even reaching down to Longtooth to offer a hand to sniff.

Then he straightens, focusing as he recalls details, leaning forward and keeping his voice low.

"My man was dressed in dark clothes, mud spattered cloak, everything about him was dark. He wore a coin with a hole around his neck. Called himself Willam Darkcloak, dealer in antiquities, says he is known at the market. Wanted a darksteel key, offered me five thousand crown, trying to sell me the dream of owning a horse - which I would like."

He grins.

"However, the offer had no guarantees and I figure if five thousand is the first offer - what this key guards is worth so much more. I saw the key last night, was darksteel I think.."

He looks over to Daxia, another smile.

"You might be right about the magic. I've been trying to figure out why a key could be so valuable as to be worth more than five thousand crown, to be worth a man's life as five took on one. There are many ways of bypassing lock."

He shrugs.

"And the man who died, wasn't wearing good clothes.. not even good boots if the clothes were a disguise. So was he just a carrier, a delivery boy maybe? Kadri though the key was that to a warehouse. I went scouting this morning to see if I could find the lock but came back here a little after encountering the guy. So we should all be worried. We are associated with each other, likely from the inn last night as the alley was dark and I kept to the shadows then. So you can assume we are all being watched - so I think anyone out on their own might be considered fair game. Trying the easy way now but things will get rougher and riskier as factions vie for ownership."

He sits back now to see what their reactions will be, observing carefully, sharp deep blue eyes intense.

Gypsy #569446 Tue 22/11/11 14:24 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

"Definitely watching," she said to Cesare. "Man tell me they watch me, they find me. More interesting... all offered coin, yes? Except me." She turned to watch the door, a thoughtful look on her face, as she continued. "This tell me they know Dayalans; know protecting someone more important than coin. How they know this when so few outside Dawnview Vale know Dayalans?" Daxia's eyes narrowed, making connections. "Verchovai Dandelion say this her winter quarters; they know her, they study her, think they know all Dayalans from looking at only one." She sighed and shook her head. "Despite many differences between me and Verchovai Dandelion, they right about that. Protecting more important than coin."

Kel #569453 Tue 22/11/11 14:51 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi had not been introduced to many of this group, so she would normally avoid speaking up in front of them. But she knew Cesare's name from listening to the conversation before Mikal waved her in; and, Daxia had spoken to him with ordinary candor. So she set aside her normal misgivings.

It was somewhat demeaning to have been offered a "mere" thousand gold crowns, when Cesare had been offered five thousand. On the other hand, she probably wouldn't have offered herself *any* gold crowns, so there was that to consider. She certainly did not look like it would take that much gold to induce an act of greed.

"We could put the question to this dark man," Celi said. "Forgive me; you are called Cesare, I believe? I am Celi." She pronounced it SAY-lee. "A pleasure to meet you."

There! She had actually managed an introduction on her own! This was not so hard, after all. She felt a surge of excitement at actually accomplishing something involving another person.

"If he arranged to meet one of us, he might be surprised to find several of us awaiting him. He did not look easily intimidated, however. It might take more than threatening words and numbers to extract any useful information."

#569469 Tue 22/11/11 15:35 UTC
(Buffalo)
Online Busy
(Buffalo)
Mikal

"Man's name I met was Eli. Eli Marennenson. Though I am told Marennenson is the family name of the Merchant's guild of this town. He offered me trade rather than coin, but it was a significant trade and worth a lot."

"He knew I was with a group who'd come in last night and asked for me both by name and thru that association."

"He claimed his shop had been broken into a few days ago and the thieves had killed some of his apprentices. He said the key was a family heirloom."

"He said the key was of Darksteel and that the original thief was killed last night by other thieves, which matches what we saw and lends some credence to his other claims."

He shrugs, glancing at Cesare. "I agree Kadri could be in danger, but none seem to know where she went and running around the city looking for her would just draw attention to her. Unless we have a specific destination to look in I'm not sure that's a good idea."

"Here is my suspicion. A thief did indeed steal the key from this Eli, or he became aware the thief had it. He then hired other thieves to get it back, which crime we interrupted last night. The thieves who ran off reported back to him, and perhaps to others who'd listen and who would pay, of our actions, so he and these others are aware we probably have the key, but they don't know which of us it might be."

"It is valuable enough that they're willing to pay for it, although promise of payment and actual payment are two different things. Simple to promise if you have no intent of following thru."

"Anyway, they figure they'll try the easy way first. If that doesn't work, then they'll start coming after us, one by one."

He turns to Daxia. "I'd be interested to know who this 'girl' is they claimed to hold. I doubt it's Kadri, or they'd have the key already. If it's Lady Comfrey, or Dama Camelia, then I'd suspect Squire Conrad is dead, and that brings a whole different level of attention to it. You don't kill Squires of Rames without bringing a lot of attention to yourself. So if it's none of them, then who is it, and why do they think she's important? Or was it just a lie to tempt you, Daxia?"

Zeim #569478 Tue 22/11/11 16:06 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia shook her head at Celi. "Verchovai Dandelion say merchants run town, and hint thieves guild work hand-in-glove with them. Very powerful. Very dangerous."

She considered Mikal's report. "Family name Marennenson very close to name of merchants' god, yes? Very interesting.

"Said already not likely anyone dare harm Lady Comfrey. Well known that mighty wrath fall on those harming Ladies of Attera. Yes, maybe man lied to me. Maybe all us been lied to." She shrugged. "How we know anything they say is true... except that many seem to want key?"

Page 13 of 35 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 34 35

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Pandemonium
Pandemonium
Oregon USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,863
Posts141,502
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy