Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phoenix Prime), 19 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 35 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 34 35
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
<Comfrey with Kadri and Conrad - but on the move>

She would stand with a faint blush after the innkeeper finished speaking, "Excuse me the both of you. I'll be back in just a bit but...I want to see how his hand is doing." She nodded to Conrad as she explained a bit further, "He had me look at it yestereve and the travel and weather and all..."

She grinned ruefully, "Not sure how I let it slip my mind." And with that she'd head over to where Mikal was sitting with others. She'd try to catch his eye first, asking silent permission to intrude.

Normally she'd trust her judgement of the other day but with the rain and use he'd put it to she'd feel better double checking. They'd traveled the day with the other two he was with but one had appeared to avoid her before so she didn't want to make anyone more uncomfortable.

#568019 Wed 16/11/11 14:28 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He nods to the captain, her words not the worst he had braced for but also not the best he had hoped against hope for. In some ways he is no further forward except that he has a part of the puzzle, part of the reason for all of this.. and maybe that would give him a start.

He also realises that it is not just his life that has been affected, sacrifices made by his family. The two sisters here and their family/friends have all suffered a similar past to his.

He looks over at Cami, speaking to her more directly now that she seems to be responding more, perhaps the shock subsiding as the information finds its anchors.

"It sounds like we have had similar experiences in many ways, though the settings very different - and all from the same source, same series of events, which it sounds like none of us know much about."

Gypsy #568024 Wed 16/11/11 14:48 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian with Mikal, Horde, Celi and newly arrived Comfrey

Her feet were toasty warm with Longtooth's bulk against them. She moved the toes of one to slowly rub at his fur. She would offer him a good brushing once they had more room, but for now they were both content.

She listened intently to the mervenaries words as she worked the wax into bow and string. Her long brown fingers moved with dexterity and skill to remove the marks the weather had placed upon her weapon.

She knew aught of this Korie he spoke of but the name Montague resonated with erh as she knew it would Mikal. Her eyes went to him briefly, and she murmured, "The Grey men touch many it seems."

Another thing she took note of was the respect the mercenary and his fellows had for their captain. By his words, it was respect born out of her skill, and that she could appreciate. She wondered what had led the woman to be what she was, a part of her assuming she took up her path out of necessity.

He called for more drinks, and she offered him a smile, a nod and a toasting of thanks. The members of this Horde behaved much like a Pack with their tales and jesting and drinking, and she was at ease with them though it did make her long for that which was lost. She closed her eyes briefly against the longing.

When she opened them the healer in white stood by them, waiting it seemed. Darian could not imagine that the woman could possibly be there for her, so she reached out and tapped Mikal's forarm. At his attention turning to her, she nodded towards the woman and simply said, "The Healer."

ividia #568034 Wed 16/11/11 15:27 UTC
Online Away
Cami- with Cesare, Daxia, and Dandelion

The man who had invited himself to join her... 'sister' and she, and the woman whom her 'sister' had also invited. Made claim to a kinship with her earlier and now he made claim to a common experience, or at least a shared experience.

She didn't know him. She didn't know any of them. This was all so much to take in and it seemed hard to catch her breath as all of their words pressed in, flooding her senses and her mind.

She could only think back to what her mother had been doing the night before her final sleep in the Palace. She had to trust her Mother, it was all she knew to do right now amidst the chaos that threatened to consume her.

She shrugged at Cesare.

"Perhaps," was her only reply to the man.

ividia #568038 Wed 16/11/11 15:58 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal - With Horde, Celi, Darian, and Comfrey

"If there's one thing I have learned, since striking out on my own, it is humility." He answer the man. "There's always someone bigger, stronger, faster, or smarter than you are. When you work alone, your best defense is having your enemy not know who you are and what you can do. So I have learned not to boast about the few things I might boast of. Let my opponent do the boasting, and thereby give me whatever small advantage I might take from it that could mean my life."

"Added to that I try to judge people by their actions and not their words, or their reputations. I hold the shared skill of Jvrillians to heart, but that does not mean I have not met others who were as good and did not follow that path. Default to respect, and let them prove they don't deserve it is how I look at things."

He grins. "Besides. As you so pointedly remarked, I am just slightly outnumbered." He glances around, then shrugs. "I suppose I could take the first 20 or so, but once I get to 50 my arm is likely to tire."

He holds up a hand, chuckling. "Sorry. Joking, not boasting."

At the comment about Barris Ironhand, he looks closer and blinks. He never met the man, but he is a legend among the New Jvrillians, and his description is well known. "Well, well, well." He muses, re-evaluating what he's heard.

At the comment about Montague money hiring the Heavy Horse Company his face tightens. He then nods at the discussion of tactics. "I used to ride with Cameron's Light. Hit and run was our specialty. Standing to the last man is great for the bards, but it's hard on the families of the men. Too many empty saddles."

He nods in agreement to the comment about Merchant coin. "Since striking out alone, I try to take coin from villagers and peasants, mostly. Not as heavy a purse, but it's honestly come by and doesn't stain the soul."

"Hmmm. So Harry Mohlkavin leads the Heavy Horse now, huh?" He files that away for later reference. It might come in handy one day.

He lifts his ale mug in thanks to the man for the next round, and tips the mug to drain it. When the next round arrives, he lifts it and says, "A toast to fallen friends."

As he drinks, Darian touches his arm. He turns his head and see Comfrey approaching. Standing quickly, he pulls a chair from a nearby table and brings it over, holding it for her to sit in before re-seating himself. "Gentlemen", he says to the horde members around the table. "Lady Comfrey, of Attera."

Zeim #568050 Wed 16/11/11 17:32 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
<Comfrey briefly joining Mikal, Celi, Darian, horde and other non alliteratives>

She waved off the chair turning a bit red as she shook her head and holds out one hand in a beckoning gesture. "I just wanted to check on your hand again. After the travel in the rain and all."

She berated herself silently for not checking it earlier but little if any showed in her voice as she continued, "Easier to do once the warmth of the place seeped in. And," she sighed a bit, "just Comfrey."

#568051 Wed 16/11/11 17:41 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

"Yes, Lady." He replies, standing and rolling up his sleeve to expose the newest scars on his arm. He won't sit if she won't.

She can tell him not to call her 'Lady' all she likes, but he reveres those few Acolytes of Attera he has had the good fortune to meet. Some have saved friends and comrades of his from death and permanent disablement, as well as healing villagers and farmers. To him they are all more worthy of the title than most who demand it.

Zeim #568053 Wed 16/11/11 18:07 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri, with COnrad.

Looks over at the back of the departing COmfrey. . shurgs. . and settles back into her chair, raising an eyebrow at COnrad. . .

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Conrad

He shrugs and smiles as well.

"She is called where she needs to be. We will have her stew and wine ready for her when she returns." he said, turning to look and see if the girl was coming with the refreshments and happy to see that she was. His stomach was definately empty and rumbling. Once she had put their food and wine down, he poured for the two of them, waiting on Comfrey to come back before pouring for her.

"So tell me about yourself. You are obviously known around here but I have not seen you here in town before."

KenSeg #568059 Wed 16/11/11 18:27 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri with COnrad

"Not too much to say. Came here from Amber, by the way of several towns, doing odd jobs along the way. Do some odd jobs around town for the owners, get myself a room and some food in the bargain. Besides. You probably have seen me - probably just never noticed me. Not the noticable sort."

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Conrad

He nodded.

"They have kept me quite busy between my duties at home and my duties for the Order. I am glad to have had the chance to meet you now at least. What kind of work do you do?"

KenSeg #568068 Wed 16/11/11 18:41 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
<Comfrey briefly joining Mikal, Celi, Darian, horde and other non alliteratives>

She wrinkled her nose at him and chided humorously, "You're looming." Then she examined the arm again. "It's fine and improved from last night, but I figured it was best to check it again."

She looks at the others and smiles, "Sorry to disturb you all. I'll leave you to your sup and drink."

KenSeg #568075 Wed 16/11/11 18:44 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi had finished her weapon care and returned both knives to their sheaths dry, well-oiled and with their edges restored. SHe had been sipping her ale -- she was for a fact not much of a drinker, preferring milk or water to the stronger spirits. The ale wasn't bad, but she had seen what a surfeit of it could do to otherwise meek souls, so she was cautious.

But in the company of friends, when all about you were tossing it down like it was free beer night at the only pub in town, it was hard to show perfect restraint, and she was feeling a little ... buzzed.

So she didn't mind when someone refilled hers at the behest of another. In fact, she couldn't remember how the first one had gotten quite so empty. She stifled a giggle and took another slurp. She felt the urge to Dance, which was her only way of truly expressing her soul. She used to Dance for Stormrunner, when they were alone in the forest. But in here, she decided she would have to consume a *lot* more ale before she would try anything so bold as The Dance.

On a more reasonable note, she found she really enjoyed the cameraderie the Horde and Mikal shared; the rough badinage, the bold tales of warriors she didn't know. She studied Mikal intently. She didn't know *anybody*.

KenSeg #568080 Wed 16/11/11 18:48 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri with COnrad:

"Oh, odds and ends, really. Errands, running things from place to place, sending messages, deliveries. But it puts food in the stomach, a roof over my head, and leaves me with time of my own. And time of your own is a precious thing, as calls on your time always chase you, hunt you down - leave you without the time to. . make decisions. Follow ideas, pursue dreams. In short, with choices you can make, however small they may be."

She smiles a bit and traces the scar on her cheek with one finger.

"Really, what can be more valuable?"

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Camelia, Cesare and Dandelion

Daxia almost seemed to look through Camelia, as if seeing something that wasn't there. She heard the words, tucked them into her memory... those, and Cesare's as well. Her eyes shifted to her sister Dayalan for an instant before focusing again on Camelia.

"Yah. Is what we -- Dayalans -- did in every age. Still do... where, when we can. Stand between harm and those we swear to protect." She smiled. "You know Ballad of Jeminy's Hill, yes? Was Dayalans protecting Risha's children... not men, like some say."

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #568145 Wed 16/11/11 23:39 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
<Comfrey after sojourn with Mikal, Celi, Darian, horde and other non alliteratives going back to Kadri and Conrad>

She headed off, away from the gathering her check up done. Comfrey's gaze was thoughtful. That was twice. Once in the other inn might have been nerves or busyness, or even just not noticing. But twice? After the person she'd been limpeting mostly introduced them?

Mentally shrugging she let the thought of the odd knife-wielding woman slip to the back of her mind and went back to the others and hopefully her dinner.

She'd slip back into her recently discarded chair and smile lopsidedly at her two companions. "Just wanted to double check."

#568149 Wed 16/11/11 23:52 UTC
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Conrad

He smiled at the healer and picked up the flagon of wine and poured for her, indicating the recently arrived stew.

"It is your duty Comfrey and I would expect no less from you. quench your thirst and eat. The stew is surprisingly decent." he said. "And our companion was just telling me of her work here in town.

#568152 Wed 16/11/11 23:56 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri with Comfrey and Conrad

". . . by all means. Wounds need tending. Been there."

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
<Comfrey with the alliterators of Kadri and Conrad>

She raised an eyebrow at Conrad's choice of words but merely asked mildly, "surprisingly? Considering his customers I'd be surprised if it wasn't."

She nodded her thanks to Kadri for her understanding and gestured with her spoon after taking a hearty bite and swallowing. "Please don't let me interrupt."

#568171 Thu 17/11/11 00:36 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri, with Comfrey and COnrad

"Oh, not much to tell. I am afraid I am a very simple person."

She said, with a hint of a smile that said exactly the opposite.

"Just me and my horse."

Any glance someone had had at the horse while they had traveled together would have confirmed to anyone who knew horses that the animal was not 'simple' but definitely a quality animal, of quality breeding - if perhaps not battle trained.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Conrad

"Yes...indeed. That is a very interesting horse you have there. Where did you obtain her?"

Last edited by KenSeg; Thu 17/11/11 02:04 UTC.
KenSeg #568185 Thu 17/11/11 01:12 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
<Comfrey with Kadri and Conrad>

She spooned more stew into her mouth as she listened.

Part of her worried away at the puzzles she'd stumbled into. Camelia, this inn, the slain man... so many. And all she'd wanted was to come here for some further teachings so that one day she could find a place that needed her, someone , to open a hospice.

#568194 Thu 17/11/11 01:32 UTC
Online Away
Camelia- with Daxia, Cesare and Dandelion- because she was addressed directly

"I know the song," she replied to the flame haired woman. And then she glanced first at the man who seemed to be watching her as though he was remembering her or trying to make her fit something he remembered. She found that unnerving, his intensity. And then to Dandelion. Was she really her sister? They looked so much alike, as though they were twins, but different in age. Odd that, siblings might favor one another, but to look alike so closely?

The red haired woman who had a tendency to skip words, butchering the language with such inartful force, spoke words that Camelia had only heard or overheard once or twice in all her summers. It was impolite to interrupt and seek definitions and clarifications from people she didn't know. Perhaps later...

"I was taught the song by my Mother. I had heard other versions, she taught me the one you speak of..."

And just last night, Camelia felt led to share that very song, that very version. She knew that there were folks in Trundle who took the telling of that tale seriously and the versions they preferred might well differ. But the one she was taught by her mother was one she had never heard before.

"I would sing it to her some nights... to help her sleep."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri with Comfrey and Conrad

"Had her back home since I was young. Back on the plains, you don't have a horse, you aren't anyone. Lisica is the only part of my family I chose to keep or acknowledge. She is mine as I am hers."

(I realize you said him - I have no objection to you going back and editing in 'her' as if he knows horses presumably he realizes she was riding a mare)

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Conrad

His eyes grew wide at that and he smiled.'

"You are of the Plains then. I have heard so many tales of your land. Perhaps when you have eaten and drunk you would tell us of your homeland?" he inquired.

Page 9 of 35 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 34 35

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Miales
Miales
Conway, Ar
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,863
Posts141,541
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy