Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Phoenix Prime, AquaDyne, TennesseeBaron), 16 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35
Online Away
Camelia Ayyanasdotter

That nagging and haunting sense of familiarity, beyond any visual sense of self standing before her, continued to linger in this woman's voice and tone. Meter and measure to her words took her back to places in her memory that had no light, no sight, save for the vague dimness that only a flicker of nascent memory might bring.

And then there was a fire of liquid brilliant sapphire in her eyes. No one put a hand on her without her leave. Not because of any rank or title she might possess. Indeed, to her knowledge she possessed none. But because she was Camelia Ayyanasdotter, and that was enough. She curled her lip into a slight snarl as this woman addressed her posture and bearing and manner of comportment. This aged reflection, who for all the world looked exactly like her given a few more years, had no more cause to put a hand on her then those brigands she allowed to abduct her from her home. The only difference was she didn't give this woman leave to do so.

She did indeed straighten herself, but not at the woman's grasp or command. Through those narrowed and fiercely independent eyes she make it quite clear she would defend herself.

Camelia brought her hands up, casually, deftly, practiced, like a dancer might perform a complex recital of graceful moves, all to separate herself from the woman... but not by touching her. Instead she too touched the brooch and then let it slip its fastening as she entwined the garment along her wrist and turned inside it, allowing the cloak to swirl around her as she made a full circle to gain two paces distance and now to stand in a defensive posture with her cloak as a shield.

"You have me at a disadvantage... Captain," she replied. This was no shy, retiring, fearful mouse standing in the center of the the Hart and Horse. She knew she was badly outnumbered and likely outmatched, but she would not be toyed with for the benefit of the crowd's amusement.

"My name is Camelia Ayyanasdotter, and my mother, when last I saw her was well and fine."

Her eyes burned with a determination of fierce independence that was like a storm churned Sea of Opals reaching for all the blue of the sky.

She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

One brow arched slightly at the waif's transformation. How interesting. Yet her hand never strayed from her dagger.

Last edited by ividia; Sat 12/11/11 00:29 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
mit alla da pipples in da Inn

As the Captain spoke to the Squire and Lady's ward, Daxia shook her head. Her smile was growing, though it was a wry amusement that reflected on her features. Knowing this to be a more tolerant group than most, she shrugged off her fur-lined cloak and shook off the remaining droplets of water and draped the cloak over her arm. While of a similar style as the Captain's, Daxia's overtunic was a deep brown and her undertunic a tan that was only a few shades darker than the Captain's overtunic. Her belts, too, were white leather; sword within scabbard hung to one side, dagger within sheath and belt pouch on the opposite side.

And as Camelia Ayyanasdotter spun out of her cloak and stepped back to shield herself with it, Daxia merely tilted her head, watching with keen interest.

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #567054 Sat 12/11/11 00:31 UTC
R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
<Comfrey>

Watching the interaction, Comfrey stepped to one side, out of the way. Her gaze was thoughtful but her face bore a serene expression. What she might be thinking wasn't easily visible on it.

#567073 Sat 12/11/11 01:36 UTC
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Conrad

The good squire moved forward to stand beside Cameila as he was watching over her for now, excusing himself as he brushed past those between them.

"Is there a problem?" he said, his pendant and wet tabbard clearly visable. The cut and quality of his clothing marking him as suredly as did the signet ring he wore.

#567076 Sat 12/11/11 01:42 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

As the scene progresses, it becomes more and more interesting, though he believes it to be less and less immediately dangerous. Clearly the two women are related, no matter what verbal jousting they seem to be playing at. It looks to be turning into a test of sorts, almost the same as was given to newcomers to the Troop.

Still, he has not lived as long as he has, on his own, by being stupid or by making assumptions that risked his life and safety. So while he does remove his hand from his sword pommel, he stays next to the doorway, in place to block ingress or egress, or to achieve quick exit for himself at need.

Looking across the room, he catches Darian's or Celi's eye, whichever looks his way first, and with an almost imperceptible flick of his eyes and tilt of his head he suggests they move towards him and out of the middle of the room.

Last edited by Zeim; Sat 12/11/11 01:43 UTC.
Zeim #567116 Sat 12/11/11 03:53 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

Celi caught Mikal's gesture, nudged Derian, then moved through the crowd with catlike sinuosity to reach his side. When she was close enough, she whispered, "Their family reunions must be truly epic."

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Sat 12/11/11 03:55 UTC.
#567127 Sat 12/11/11 04:10 UTC
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian

A small, almost imperceptible shake of her head. She and Longtooth were considerably closer to the door to Main Street and could slip out without drawing undue attention to themselves. She eased back a bit more, staying close to the fireplace, Longtooth beside her.

ividia #567141 Sat 12/11/11 13:15 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare with the innkeeper

He nods, acknowledging the innkeeper's opinion. No reason not to trust it and there is a conviction in the man's voice. It confirms a number of things, mainly that this is a regular place for this troop and that the innkeeper has great respect for them. That in turn suggests, leadership, discipline and a level of aceptable behaviour.

"Good to know. Can I trouble you for an ale?"

Nothing much is going to transpire whilst the drama plays out and so he might as well enjoy it. He'll deal with the room issue as soon as it is over.

As far as he is concerned this is free entertainment. He has no relationship with any of those involved other than sharing a few moments at the end of an ally and the same rain cloud and it takes a lot more than that on which to base even a casual relationship.

It might be different if Daxia or Kadri are involved. They had shared food, a night's watch and time on the road but there are definite limits to what he would risk for even a casual acquaintance. People can be just as much a problem load as a fully laden cart of winter beets bogged down in deep mud and fronted by an exhausted and malnourished ox.

He smiles at his image.

Gypsy #567146 Sat 12/11/11 15:22 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

He shrugs toward Darian slightly. He offered. She clearly can take care of herself.

He doesn't take his eyes off the scene when Celi arrives, though he grins a bit at her comment. His concentration has sharpened as he heard the discussion between Camelia and her "sister". While he doesn't recognize many of the names mentioned, no one has so many names unless they are a noble, or an Imperial.

And that starts gears turning in his head. If this Captain shares the same mother as Camelia, and if that mother is noble or Imperial, then both Camelia and the Captain could be Imperials. *So why is an Imperial in command of the Horde?*"

"Stay near me." He says softly to Celi. "I hope it won't, but if it all goes to cr-p, get to the stables and find Talia. I will get to you there."

Last edited by Zeim; Sat 12/11/11 15:24 UTC.
ividia #567147 Sat 12/11/11 15:27 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Between Dusk and Dawn, the Town of Cragside
Marketday
The Twenty-Fourth Day of the Month of Raven, 2623

Everybody

The step, the swirl, and the Captain did not stop Camelia from moving away, not at all.

Instead she nodded and ducked her head, peeking back from beneath her bangs, folding her hands together behind her, nestling them against the small of her back.

"Mother taught you that move, didn't she?

"Erika was always better at it than me."

She closed her eyes then, just standing there.

One heartbeat.

Two heartbeats.

Three heartbeats.

The tavern was then completely still, her cadre not speaking, barely moving, looking between the two blondes as if they were in shock. And, more importantly, as if they truly understood what might happen to them if they disturbed this, even in the littlest. Discipline ... and something more. Respect.

Four heartbeats.

Five.

And then she opened her eyes again, looking back to her younger sister.

"Camelia."

She tries out the name, softly.

"Camelia, you understand that if anyone in this room tries to hurt you they have to go through me first, sha?

"Camelia, you also understand you've brought me the best news I have ever had in over fifteen years, sha?"

The swordswoman ducked her head once more.

"Madoka kha'Ayyana.

"My mother.

"Kha means daughter of.

"Kha'Ayyana means daughter of Ayyana.

"Our Mother.

"Ayyanasdotter."

Wolf #567154 Sat 12/11/11 16:32 UTC
Online Away
Cami Ayyanasdotter

It was a rush of information. Names and lineages. This woman before her, so much her twin, and yet so different in some ways, and yet so similar in others. That nagging feeling of familiarity haunted the dark shadows of memories she could no longer recollect with clarity.

The best news in 15 years...

Camelia, Cami as her mother called her, would have only been 4 summers.

Erika

Who was that? It was important, a wistful, perhaps melancholy memory or some overture given to commonality in appearance and the belief in shared heritage... but again, for Camelia, there was nothing more than the sense that she might understand could she remember times and places that had no foundation save for the emotional context they served for later memories to be built upon.

Madoka... Madi

She knew her mother only as Madi.

But the lineage tree this woman had spoken made some twisted sense, piecing together glances and half whispered and suddenly cut-off conversations meant to be kept from young ears. It didn't make it true, only that it fit into places where Cami had holes in the understanding of her family's history.

This woman before her worked through the names and as she spoke them for her own benefit, Cami... hearing them herself for the first time, placed them into a memory honed by her years at the Imperial Court in Trundle on the Hill. The verbal sparring and the political machinations gave cami, a tier removed from the direct thrust of such sordid gamesmanship, a finely tuned sense of how the Imperial families operated.

Madoka kha'Ayanna kha'Kame kha'Chikato khal'Homura Akemi Koromov

and... then... would that be...

Camelia kha'Madoka kha'Ayanna kha'Kame kha'Chikato khal'Homura Akemi Koromov

Koromov... She understood that... but there were perspectives that come from understanding what side of history you learn your lessons from. Understanding there are perspectives is a far greater tool, than the actual history you are taught though.

Camelia held her stance, body relaxed as it should be, ready, as it needed to be. This was an art, a dance and the mind and body worked in harmony... action... reaction...

"And she taught me a lot more than that," came her soft and measured reply. "Please understand there is much to discuss before we take to pledges and oaths, sha?"

She didn't pause though. But now she smiled a confidant and more predatory smile.

"Again Captain, I would ask of you your name... I have given you mine, and custom dictates you reciprocate in kind."

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Marketday

Everybody

Finally.

Finally there was a response from the swordsmen collected. Here and there a choked guffaw and even a whisper from the far corner.

"Tag. She got you there, oh Captain, my captain."

That got a sharp fierce glare. Blue eyes snapped across the room, as dangerous and exactly like Camelia's.

She let out a chuff of breath.

"Tcha ..."

Before returning her attention back to Camelia.

"She named me after her favorite song."

There's a second glance back at her men, adding a quick and firmly worded,

"And its a bloody good name for a Dayalan, thank you."

Her gaze softened, shrugged, and she gave in.

"Dandelion."

Wolf #567164 Sat 12/11/11 17:23 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri

"If you didn't think of that one, you should have."

She said under her breath again.

"So what we have here is a living fairy tale,yes?"

. . . To those near her.

Wolf #567166 Sat 12/11/11 17:34 UTC
N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
Celi

"Yes, Mikal." She looked up at him, then back to the family tableau unrolling before them.

She wanted to protest. To say she had his back, that she could handle herself ... only proving it might be a mistake. Better to be ready, and hope she didn't have to prove anything.

She was learning to keep her head down.

She plucked at her damp attire. "can we stand closer to a fire?"

Last edited by Nicki Jett; Sat 12/11/11 17:35 UTC.
#567170 Sat 12/11/11 18:14 UTC
Online Away
[Camelia Ayyanasdotter]

Were she one to believe that there was such a thing as coincidence, then maybe this woman's name coming from her Mother's favorite song and the fact that she just sang the song one evening prior would strike her as an astonishing curiosity... but she didn't believe.

Cami stepped back to straighten herself, keeping a distance as seemed comfortable for the moment. But she relaxed her posture and the inherent agressiveness that came with that. Letting slip the cloak from it's entwining grasp she scooped it with her free hand and laid it over that same left arm.

Still, she wouldn't break the attentive stare. It was her mother's greatest asset in keeping control over tense situations. Meet them directly and hold their eyes with your own. It was a natural tendency of her own, having never had the power to break her mother's stare, she learned more and grew more confidant every time her rebellious free spirit came into conflict with her mother's sense of maternal duty.

"Save for the hill where the daisies still bloom, and dandelions blossom forever," whispered Cami in a sign of her own recognition of this woman's name and namesake. It was one of Cami's favorite songs as well.

She glanced to one side at Comfrey and smiled, it was almost a sadness though. For while she never lied to the Healer she did allow conclusions to be drawn. She was indeed in trouble. She was indeed in fear for her survival, but she wasn't without strength of will and fortitude in reserve. And then to the Squire, for whom his own sense of honor and duty gave her resource of armed security when she had had none for so long these past weeks. It too bore a small expression of her regret for she allowed him to believe she was someone she wasn't, and even with these revelations surprising her, her carefully chosen words and the ruse they created had never been intended to harm or hurt. A life depended on her, a life she was foresworn to giver own to defend. Even if it meant she wore the garments of another, whose station was well above her own.

She resolved to speak with them and explain what she could and what she deemed might not jeopardize her Lady's life. There were too many unanswered questions, and right now, she had just been given a lot more questions to ponder.

Finally she returned her attention back to Dandelion, the Captain of this Wild Horde.

"Then I accept your pleadge and oath of protection... sister. We have much to ask each other... Many questions... But first, drinks are on you, as the host of this... reunion."

There was a part of her, in Camelia's dimness of childhood memories that told her that she had met Dandelion at some point, or better yet, Dandelion had met her.

"My companions, these here, and over there... and there," she said with a graceful gesture around the room to the places they had hied themselves, finally making indication of Comfrey and Conrad at her sides.

"They rescued me from a grim fate and saw me safely here. Courage and honor to take a risk on someone they had no reason to trust nor help. They showed compassion and gave to me of their blessings, when I had none to offer in kind or trade. Make them feel welcome... all of them... this I ask of you and we can retire to a corner to speak. Sha?"

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Marketday

Camelia's demands received a tilt of a head, a blink and a soft laugh.

'Sha ... you are a Koromov at that."

Hands still clasped at the small of her back, Dandelion slowly started to work her way back to towards the far hearth.

"Jake, you will make room for my sister and hers ..."

She called to the barkeep, snaring his attention as he sets a mug of ale before Cesare. The barkeep actually winced, looking back up.

"But Captain Koromov, you have the entire ..."

A raised hands stopped his words

"Even if Rafe has to bunk with Barris."

There was a quick and a very I-just-got-you-back look given to the tall swordsman who had previously spoken the word 'tag'.

"I prefer a place by the fire, don't you? Come, talk, ask ..."

A glance to the side, however, finally pays attention to the room's only redhead.

"You too."

Settling down, then, she stretched out her legs and hooked her ankles together; not the most ladylike manner of relaxing. Her brows narrowed as she looked around for something missing.

"And I should have a mug of mulled cider around here somewhere."

Wolf #567172 Sat 12/11/11 18:45 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC Note - There! The Introduction between Dandy and Camelia is complete. Completion of that conversation now frees everything up for the rest of you folks.

The floor is now open to everyone else; anyone in the group should feel free to come over and ask questions of the nice NPCs ...

Obviously Dandy is one, Jake the barkeep is another. You may also speak to any other member of the Horde that you wish.

Somewhere over the weekend I would like to know what you folks plan to do on the morning of the next day, so I can start outlining the next major piece of action - while this was tense and interesting, the true "next turn" is still ahead of you.

Wolf #567178 Sat 12/11/11 19:17 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia
with Camelia and Captain Koromov

With a nod, maintaining her wry smile, Daxia crossed the room towards the fireplace where the Captain had settled herself. She snagged an empty chair, and pulled it closer... close enough for conversation, but not so close as to infringe upon the intimacy of the two siblings. She draped her cloak over the back of the chair and sat down, ankles crossed and tucked under the chair and arms resting one over the other across her diaphragm.

She regarded the Captain for a moment before speaking. "Well met, Sister. Daxia Yurisdotter," she said, patting her collarbone, then returned her hand to rest upon the opposite arm. The redhead tilted her head slightly and smiled more broadly. "Thinking two Verchovai laughing up sleeves when suggesting Duksheviya include Cragside." She paused a moment, then pointed to the Captain with her chin, a quick jerk of her head. "Allaine Heir also named from same song. Good song for naming, Verchovai Dandelion. Especially for Dayalan, yes?"

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #567186 Sat 12/11/11 19:40 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Mikal

As the conversation finishes playing itself out, he relaxes and stands more easily, saying to Celi, "Seems safe, for the moment."

He removes his damp cloak and then looks for a table with a couple of open chairs near one of the fires where he might start drying out and that would have room for Darian and Celi if they want to sit. He nods politely to any of the mercenaries sitting there, and pauses with his hand on a chair, inquiring with a glance if they mind that he and the others joins them.

He doesn't look to go sit with Camelia and the Captain, as whatever just happened between them is interesting, but it's not his business, unless an opportunity for work comes out of it somehow. For the moment, he is mostly interested in some food and drink and getting warm and dry, but as he always does, he keep his eyes and ears open for possibilities. After all, every mercenary he's ever met likes to talk, and to brag, about what they've done, so there's room to find things out amongst the Troop members.

Last edited by Zeim; Sat 12/11/11 19:43 UTC.
Kel #567187 Sat 12/11/11 19:41 UTC
Online Away
Cami Ayyanasdotter, the name she was given
- leaving Conrad and Comfrey to sit with Daxia and Dandelion

Cami addressed Conrad first, "Thank you for the shelter of your name and courage. I must speak with this woman, and fit the pieces together to understand a truth, and then I will return to tell you what I can. I owe you at least that much..."

Then to Comfrey, who she took into her arms and drew her tightly to herself. She whispered into her ear. "There aren't words that I can fashion to express the depth of my gratitude. I didn't deserve the grace and mercy you showed me, but I am blessed by the fact that there are those who offer such to the undeserving all the same. The Fates and destiny have brought me here, for here I was meant to arrive... but I would never have made it without you. That tells me that your presence in my life was part of some greater plan. I would be foolish to think that our role in each other's lives is complete. I will speak with my sister, and like I said to Conrad, I will return to speak with you and tell you who I am and where I am from. I would consider it an honor to call you my friend... If you would have that."

Camelia took her leave, albeit a temporary one, from her friends and benefactors, to sit at her sister's table. So much to learn, so much to tell.

R
Raven
Unregistered
Raven
Unregistered
R
<Comfrey to Cami>

She returned the hug and smiled gently in return, "No words are needed, and you do deserve the good. Even if you don't think it of yourself my friend. As I said before, speak of what you feel is right, there is no necessity for it save you wish it." She never understood this belief in deserving or not. There was need, one helped. Why couldn't people see that? There was more to it of course. Those closer to the heart might tug at one's own more, but the need was to be answered to the best of one's ability. Others might choose differently; she could not. She felt a brief surge of impatience at that, but it was quickly enough replaced with a bit of sadness - then serenity. She would keep working on that.

She would step back then and look about for a place to sit - a place to get warm and eat a bit. Though perhaps the hospice was where to go, for now she didn't feel it was. Perhaps there were those here who needed, and if not? There were times one could find quiet even in the loudest of places.

Last edited by Raven; Sat 12/11/11 20:30 UTC. Reason: tidied
#567198 Sat 12/11/11 20:41 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri - moving over to Comfrey

SHe paused, deciding between just going and getting some food and away from the new strangers..or her curiosity. When it came to that contest, there was no contest - curiosity won. She made her way over to where Comfrey had walked.

"..I didn't have a chance to introduce myself earlier. My name is Kadri djinn Lisica al'Izgon."

Her voice was soft and gentle, and a bit lyrical- and it was obvious that while she spoke it well, this was not her native tongue.

She bows slightly, crossing her arms in front of her, each hand resting on the opposite shoulder.

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Sat 12/11/11 21:01 UTC.
She of Chaos
She of Chaos
Darian with Longtooth by the Main St fireplace

Her stance relaxed and her hand moved from the hilt of her dagger, far enough to hook her thumb through her belt. She offered a nod to Mikal but wended her way towards the barkeep and signals him. Once she has his attention, she said, "Looking for a place for the night for me and the ruff. A spot on the by the fire would do us fine. A mead for me, water for him, and whatever ye have that's hot to eat."

ividia #567206 Sat 12/11/11 22:28 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare by the fire with Daxia, Captain and Cami

He is leaning against the bar with his ale when the Captain starts to explain the breakdown of the name she has used earlier. He stiffens. Had the rain really filled his ears with water and dulled his senses?

Now his curiosity is piqued and there might be information here for him - but he needs to learn more.

There is a geneneral invitation made and he sees Daxia move over to sit close to the newly introduced kin. The Fates smile twice. Room forgotten, he takes his ale and moves purposefully over to that area by the fire.

With a smile at Daxia, he takes a seat by her.

"Good choice." He indicates the fire. "Mind if I join you?"

Of course he already has.

Last edited by Gypsy; Sat 12/11/11 22:32 UTC.
Page 5 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Lionhawke
Lionhawke
Seattle, WA, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,863
Posts141,527
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy