Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Miales, Mina, Barry Mulvihill), 62 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood
Day's Travel Shelter, one day east of Cragside and the Rock
Dusk
Attaday, the Twenty-Third Day of the Month of Raven, 2623

Kadri, Daxia, Cesare
Karl Gustavsson, Ekaterina "Katshka" Kirillsdotter

For four days it had been raining. Not continuously, usually the clouds would build and by evening become heavy enough to let loose and drown the mountain passes. Thunderheads they were, announcing the upcoming storms, shattering the night with lighting. Each day the rain lasted a little longer and a little longer and a little longer.

The rocky trail was rough, however it was ever descending, The rainwater sparkled its way down the side of the path, having cut its own sluice over the ages. Occasionally there be a small wall of dirt and rock, where some traveler or some farmer had supplemented nature's work to ensure the actual path would remain open as long as possible. It was also not uncommon to spend most of the day alone; with the end of Raven so near most folks who needed to make the trek west had already done so. Other travelers on the road might be splashes of color, ,just dots on the trail ahead or behind.

The herd of goats and sheep however, were hard to miss. They were being ushered down the mountain by two men and a pair of black and white ruffs. The small dogs harried the small flock, keeping the strays in, making sure their charges thought it was a good idea to continue on their trek west. Of the two men one was young, who seemed most familiar with the pair of sheepdogs and did most of the work. He in turn was watched over by a more rugged, taller, dark haired man.

The sound of their collar bells occasionally echoed along the walls of the mountains. It was a pretty sound, light and somehow comforting. As if it belonged.

Farthest ahead a smallish figure picked their way down the trail, obviously taking care upon trail. This one had decided for the better part of discretion; not riding but walking, helping guide their mount over the roughest of the damp stone.

Next, following in the herdsman's wake, was another rider. The black on black nor the fact that their cloak was hooded was odd at all. Dark cloaks were common along the Highgaard Reaches; they soaked up the heat of Her light and they hid the dust of the trail better than light colors. Most things in this corner of the Little Kingdoms were eminently practical and with the chilly nip in the mountain air those who wore cloaks with out a hood wished they did.

Nor was the fact that her horse was black too was odd; or it shouldn’t be considered so. For it was common enough that the one farthest back along the trail also rode a sable steed. Just as carefully they worked their way down the Black Mountain trail. This one, however, could not help but stand out a little bit. All it took was a look over one' shoulder, in the right light, for the others to catch a hint of red hair.

In the mountains, night falls fast. The path, being narrow and sharply cut, did not lend itself well for homesteading; the deep valleys above were best for that. However the trail was used well enough that about a days walk apart, over time, shelters have been built. This one wasn't big, but it wasn't small. A set of three lean-tos were sheltered in a small hollow. Rock being common the walls of each were just that; field stone stacked and then covered in weather worn beams and planks to provide a roof. Over the years each had also been gifted a wooden platform, old enough that the floorboards were pretty much covered with the carven initials of others who had passed this way. Somewhere just below there was the sound of water on rock; most probably a small spring.

The three shelters faced a loose stone circle, and by the time the herdsmen had reached the leantos the first traveler had already started a cookfire. She was young woman with long dark hair. Conservatively garbed, her heavy cloak had the rugged style of Kierkegaard gear - function above fashion. Her bay mare happily munched from a soft leather bucket, hung from a dagger wedged into a gap in one of the leantos stone wall. A saddle and tack had already been stacked into the farthest back corner of that shelter.

A bit after, the first of the two other riders made it to the small waystop.

It was dark before the final rider made it; the light from the fire serving as a beacon, a destination, at the very end of the day and the beginning of the night.­­­

Someone was smiling; the cloud line had drifted even farther west, to expend its wrath higher up the pass. Tonight, perhaps the last for a long while, the skies would be clear. One by one, high above, the stars came out.

The young woman watched quietly as the other joined her camp. Finally, though, she blinked and then smiled, one of the other travelers this day recognized. She offered a friendly welcome.

"Hey Fern."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri

Not having talked enough with those she was riding with to know how they would react, she still rode up beside the horses, taking a look.

"Beautiful animals. They share the same bloodline, yes?"

Her voice was soft and gentle, and a bit lyrical.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Fri 28/10/11 23:30 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

The rider smiled at the women who spoke as she dismounted and pushed back the hood on her cloak, revealing her striking red hair. "Hoi! You've met my newest friend, have you?" she said to the one who greeted Fern. She patted the mare's neck as the horse seemed to nod in agreement. The redhead chuckled. "Since you two seem well-acquainted, you should know the rider, yes? I'm Daxia." She looked at the other woman, shrugging with a smile. "My training won't have included horse bloodlines, I'm afraid. But I'm sure Fern's friend knows plenty, yes?"

It was a fine night, despite the chill, and Daxia was in a fine mood, despite the rain of the day. The stars shown bright in the night sky; what more mattered?

[OOC: Now, before you all get into the terrible habit Wolf developed and has BARELY broken after 14 years, Daxia's name is pronounced dah-ZEE-ah. Ok? Ok. Thank you.]

[Linked Image]

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri

"My name is Kadri. . . . Kadri djinn Lisica al'Izgon."

She pauses.

"And even if you know not the bloodlines, you have a fine horse, one which would do any rider proud. It is to be treasured."

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Sat 29/10/11 01:14 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

"Kadri." She let the name roll off her tongue in the unique accent found in Dawnview Vale. "Well met. Indeed, our horses are treasured. They are... friends," the redhead said, as she began stowing her gear in an empty nook, nodding pleasantly to the other occupants. When all her belongings and Fern's gear had been stowed, she pulled out the brush to begin tending to her friend. It seemed it was all Fern could do to stand still, so great was her delight in both the brushing and the attention.

"They'll all have their own personalities just as people do," Daxia said. "Fern here, she loves te be loved, doncha girl?"

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood

There's a quiet chuckle as the woman warms her hands at the fire, every now and then rubbing them together.

"Same sire, different dams."

Is her warm reply, setting a small metal tin of vegetables and meat next to the fire to warm. She looked past Kadri to the other woman's black mount,

"Terilanquel, right?

"And it's Katshka Kirrillsdotter. My father raised Darkmane here ... and Fern. I ran the string up from the farm to Dawnview ... didn't expect to see one of them coming back this way so soon though."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
KAdri:

"She is Lisica, a Terilanquel, yes. She is perhaps a small one, for a small one, yes? I fit her, she fits me."

She pats the horses neck affectionately, before jumping off with the ease of someone quite used to the saddle.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[Linked Image]

Cesare (pronounced Chez-ar-ay]

He works with Karl to secure the herd, making use of the proximity of two of the walls to fashion a pen for them, the dogs helping to cover the gaps.

Only half his attention is on the familiar task though as tonight they have company and he is curious and finding the thought of something different quite appealing.

So having done the chores and refreshed himself at the small brook, he heads back towards the fire and fresh company.

"It is a fine night."

He nods towards the distant clouds.

"May we share your fire?"

The language is Colonial with a distinct accent.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood

"Of course ..."

Katshka replies to Cesare, stirring her own small meal with a small wooden spoon. She does nod to Kadri.

"Terilanquels are always pretty. That's what Father says."

Last edited by Wolf; Sat 29/10/11 18:21 UTC.
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"She is not only beauty"

She strokes Lisica's neck and reaches into a saddlebag for something, which she holds up for the horse to eat. Leaning over, she gives a brief kiss to the horse's neck, and then says, in the same tone half singing half speaking;

"What delight - to ride upon a noble steed - who rivals even wind for speed - seems native less of earth than air - while watching all behind recede."

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Sat 29/10/11 19:29 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

The redhead merely shrugged lightly, all the while tending to Fern's grooming and feeding, and said with a smile to Katshka, "It is my time to go, yes? And so here we are, Fern and I."

While not unfriendly, offering a smile to the newcomer, Daxia chose to simply sit and watch this evening. A small meal of travel bread and the last of her cheese would do her well enough. So she sits quietly, listening to the words of those around her... and, more interestingly, the new and different accents. Looking up at the clearing night sky, she smiles.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
KAdri:

SHe turns to the newcomer and offers a smile.

"Of course, another to share the clear sky and the night, and the stars above. "

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He smiles at those around the camp fire. Good fortune, three women and all with a smile for him. The aches of the day's walk already fading. Three women, some similarities, some differences. All three with horses, and he would love to own a horse as fine as any of these. One day maybe.. So tonight Fate is kind, a dry night, a warm fire and some beautiful company. Tomorrow? Well tomorrow will chart its own path.

And these are beautiful women. Each speak to him in different way, the one by the fire with eyes that suggest she has seen much of the world, the last to speak an exotic look which is interesting and the third, well her beauty and that red hair keep turning his eyes her way.

He glances into the night sky, referenced by the exotio lady, to the three Fates overhead. Maybe an omen, thee Fates, three women. Who knows? Further over is the constallation of Raven, the five starts twinkling brightly as they herald the cold and storms yet to come. It would be good to be out of these mountains before then.

He signals to Karl to come over, the lad having the makings of their meal in hand. Cesare take the stew pot still with the goat stew from last night in it, and sets the metal spike to hang the pot over the fire. There is not enough for five and even if there was he should not be offering their provisions. However they do not have far to go now and the land would provide if needed, and something stirs his interest, his desire to tempt Fate a little tonight.

"I can offer a little stew if any would like to share in something hot this evening. The clouds and the rain are at bay tonight but the clear skies promise a chill night."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
KAdri:

She pauses a moment, before shrugging and, after supplying yet another morsel to her horse, pulls out a pouch from a saddlebag, and looks towards the newcomer.

"I have some. . jerked meat. Perhaps not the most succulent, but it keeps you going. Of course, something aside from it and dried fruit would be most welcome."

She ties Lisica off and puts on a feed bag before sitting down with the bag of Jerky and a skin of water.

Again she looks at the newcomer.

"My name is Kadri - what would we call you?"

Her accent is soft and lyrical, interrupted by the occasional guttural sound - at any rate, it definitely was not from the immediate area.

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She pulled her gaze from the sky when the man spoke, offering up a bit of his meal, sapphire eyes regarding him intently. Gilly had said she would meet all sorts of people out in the great Heartwood; kindness, indifference, hostility... all that and more was in abundance. She gave thanks that the first people she met offered no hostility.

"Thanks, a kind offer," she said, her accent clearly placing her as a native of Dawnview Vale. "Have plenty to keep me fed this evening, though." She paused, then added, "Name's Daxia."

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood

Offering her tin of vegetables and rice in Cesare and Karl's direction Katshka returned a small smile and a complimentary request.

"Tell yah what, mister, I'll trade you some rice and greens for a bit of your gravy, how's that?"

The dark haired lass then cast a glance in Daxia's direction,

"This your first trip out of the vale? Mine from home too. Learned quick enough, on the Path, that a chance meeting like this, it's not just having one's own dinner that's nice, but trading back and forth for something different and all.

"How far west yah going? I mean, back home we see the Richter Gwynn every now and then, she and my Fa and the Blacksmith, well I guess you can say they are friends. But between here and there, as rare as a wolf in the center ring of grand Talantal."

with a lagh she then turns to Kadri.

"Now you, Fa would want to keep you ... well ... probably your horse, around for a season or so."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She regarded Katshka, head tilted to one side, parsing her advice and storing away as neatly, and with as much importance, as any of the lessons handed down by Kassia. Then she nodded; acknowledgment and understanding. "Don't know. Was told it was time to go, so I've gone." She smiled, though. "Guess I'll know when I get there, yes?"

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"Lisica was the smallest of her mother's line. Small horse, small rider. Father. . ."

There was a long pause before she said the word father, as if forcing it out.

". . . father was not that interested in breeding the runt. For me. . she's the perfect size, however."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

An eyebrow shot up at the young woman's... hesitation. But she smiled and said, "She's ace, that she is."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
"She is a racer."

Kadri said.

"She asks little, gives much, and is a true companion for the long road."

Pulling out a small paring knife, she twirls it dextrously between her fingers,before cutting off a small strip of jerky.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"A trade is always good."

He smiles at Katshka.

"And my name is Cesare. This is Karl. We are heading to the Cragside markets with the herd. From there my path lies in another direction, one that the Fates will decide."

He bends to the task of heating the stew, moving the pot around to ensure that the heat is evenly distributed.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"My only destination is away from where I was before. Aside from that. . I have little in mind."|

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Cragside... yes, Gilly had mentioned Cragside.

The redhead settled herself more comfortably; as she rearranged her cloak, a scabbard could be seen for the briefest of heartbeats before the cloak was wrapped tight and warm around her again.

"Teacher said I might want to see Cragside."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"Teacher? Of what might you be a student?"

She asks, inquiringly.

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Daxia regarded Kadri, silently, with interest, for a moment.

"Verchovai Gillyflower taught me to ride, to use my weapons, to... be me. Verchovai Kassia taught me to read, to write, to think, and..." Sapphire eyes blinked several times, and an almost-sad smile settled on her lips. "...things I don't have words to say. Things that just be felt in the heart."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri

"I learned to ride almost before I learned how to walk."

She says absently. . then looks at Daxia intensely.

"You read?"

She chews a bit on a piece of Jerky, while twirling her small knife in one hand with extreme dexterity, absentmindedly..

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She smiled and nodded. "Verchovai Kassia... insisted."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"I. .see."

She said thoughtfully.

"I might have business in Cragside as well."

She takes a swig of her water.

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

Looking from Kadri to Cesare, again heeding advice Gilly had given, she nodded again. "No beef traveling together."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He finishes heating up the food whilst he listens to the women talk together.

So maybe the Fates are smiling tonight? They may have company on the road. Not only will that be more interesting as Karl is not exactly talkative but also there is safety in numbers.

He laughs.

"I would welcome the company but we travel at the pace of the goats, if that is acceptable to you?"

The stew is ready. He lifts the pot from the fire and offers it around to the three women before sharing what is left between himself and Karl.

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

"Mountain trails in the rain... safer to go slow," she said, nodding towards Fern.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"Lisica could use some leisure. Slow will not bother me."

Almost in the space of a blink of an eye she has produced a small wooden bowl.

"Only a small amount - to wet the Jerky."

She offers up some of selfsame jerky if any want it.

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Tue 01/11/11 13:50 UTC.
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"And goats will always find a safe path."

He smiles, agreeing with her and wanting to glance again into those bright blue eyes.

Although he is likely outclassed by his companions, Daxia could read for one, he has a natural confidence, sure in himself of who he is. It is who he was where the uncertainty creeps in.

He moves to Kadri, offering her some stew and taking a small piece of jerky in return.

"It sounds like we might be in accord."

Last edited by Gypsy; Tue 01/11/11 13:49 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She looked from Kadri to Cesare, and said with a smile, "Reckon we are."

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood

Taking back her tin, the young courier smiled.

"Besides, company on the trail is always nice, even if its quiet nice. It gets awful empty between here and the sea; and while there's usually an inn or a home where you can toss your kit at the end of each day, some of those days are powerful long."

Snaring a piece of broccoli with her fingers, she slowly started to nibble it to a slow and lengthy death.

"First time out of the Vale ... lets see.

"When you get to town; Stay away from the Punched Penny, that one is owned lock stock and beer barrel by the Merchanter's Guild, heard tell the beer is half water and you don't want to know whats in the stew. The Bar and Fire is a mite expensive, too rich for my coin,and unless you like Jvrillian the company is pro'lly a bit rough and all.

"One has enough trouble being taken seriously before having to deal with a drunk mercenary who thinks I'm cute and small enough to be his doll ... and the problem being short means all I'm tall enough for is good kick in the shins.

"That leaves Jake and the Hart and Horse. I was lucky enough to snare a room there on the way up. He's good folk, the beer ain't watered down and he doesn't skip on the dinner portions. His stable hand is actually from one of the Shannon farms, not some townsfolk that had to be taught how to toss a bale of hay."

Last edited by Wolf; Tue 01/11/11 16:43 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She filed away Katshka's information, then nodded. "Hart and Horse, then, ta. Always good when a stable hand understands horses, yes?" Then her eyes sparkled, perhaps with some wicked merriment, and she grinned. "Or a fist... a bit higher?"

Last edited by Wolf; Tue 01/11/11 16:44 UTC.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
KAdri

The short woman looks up from where she is sitting and says. . .

"I think I might understand that one. Rather than a kick to the shin, I endeavour to be somewhere away from their clumsy lunge when it arrives. My idea of fun. And theirs. Oft do not comport."

She grins widely again.

(As a note, she is likely a tad shy of five feet.)

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Tue 01/11/11 19:24 UTC.
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She looked at Kadri a moment, head tilted to one side. "Ah! I see," she said finally, nodding. "Best for me to stay out of... brawls. Fighting is for serious matters."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

"Information is always useful Katshka. The Hart and Horse sounds a good option. Are you heading there yourself?"

He smiles.

"And I would doubt a group would attract trouble in the same sort of way as a lone female traveller."

He sits back, eating his share of the food. Walking distances is no problem, he is used to it, but it is good to rest nonetheless.

"From what you seem to be saying earlier, you don't have any specific plans. Do you intend to look for work?"

Everyone needs a coin or two and it is habit to find ways to earn a little here, a little there as both travels and the seasons move along.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood

"Me?"

Katshka taps her collarbone in a simple 'who me' gesture.

"Myself, I'm going to hold over in Cragside a couple days and then continue west. Darkmane and I should be able to keep ahead of the winter storms and once past Highside Heather the weather shouldn't be too bad all the way home to Talesan's Village. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up some news and such that needs to head towards Her setting, to put a little more coin in my purse."

She then nods, taking up a bit of her rice.

"Sure enough. Even if I have to sleep in his hayloft, it wouldn't be the first time and sttill coin better spent."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

"Work is part of learning about the world, yes? So I will work." She laughed, a low and pleasant sound full of humor. "Besides reading and writing, I'm very, very good at carrying buckets of water!"

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
"Myself. . ."

Said Kadri. . .

"I observe things. And I know horses."

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

Katshka seems to be well travelled and probably able to look after herself. The other two seem less experienced. Daxia has a good attitude but Kadri seems to be limiting herself unless of course she has sufficient funds already. None of his business though. He has grown up knowing you take work where you can and the less limits you put on yourself the more likely you are to have a full belly.

"Asking around the inns or market may yield fruit, unless Katshka you know of somewhere better in Cragside?"

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Ladri:

"I'll second the Hart and Horse. Nothing spectacular, but everything solid. You get what you pay for. I go sparing on the beer, but the food is good."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

The redhead shrugged. "Work if necessary, yes," she said to Cesare. "Purpose is to learn, though." She turned to Katshka and grinned. "You might know something I need to learn. Our friend Fern is cavalry trained; this you know. Now need to learn how to fight together, yes? Who can teach? I know the dressage, she does not know the destrier training."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
KAdri's 'ears perk up' at that, but she says nothing specific.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He listens hoping that either the two women both have independant means or that the Fates smile on them because if times get hard, they may have to consider selling their horses, something that sounds like it might be very difficult for both of them.

He has grown up learning to travel light, little baggage, even that of the emotional kind. Unencumbered, choices are easier, safety is more assured, independence is maintained.

He does have some sympathy with Daxia. Learning is important, however there are other things he would give a higher priority too, many things.

"I'll go and rinse the dishes. Can I take anyone's?"

He offers to clear up, needs to clean his own and it is no effort to do the same for the others. Katshka had set the fire. The others would presumably contribute in some way but it doesn't concern him overly.

Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
The Heartwood

"You understand I might not be the best person to give a fair answer to that, yah?"

Katshka answers that with a smile. Unconsciously she touches the small pendant she wears, a simple silver horse rune.

"I suspect the easiest for you, right now, would be to turn around and head back to the Dawnview Temple. However, I suspect they'd want to get you on one of the big destriers I just brought up and pass your horse off to someone else."

For a long set of heartbeats she just looks at Daxia's mount, as if gaging the measure of the horse.

"I don't think Fern would be happy with that at all."

She watches as Cesare gathers up the tins and plates, hers held close, her slaughter by tiny nibbles far from finished.

"They have some competent folks in Bordertown. But they are all Jvrillian. Head out to the Plains of Kaap and the clans, they are the best horsemen in general; but they don't teach outsiders and they don't teach girls.

"However, I know where Mohlkavin sends his lieutenants that he wants trained. Every now and then one of Talantal's house guards needs to be better than the rest. Where the Horde's captain spent her first year. Why Kevin Magesbane is the best of all of Lord Rame's Knights.

"Make the trek down to Talesan's Village, head about a half day's travel north of the Amber Inn ...

"... and make a deal with my Fa."

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

". .I will have to visit your Fa when next I have some time off."

She nods slightly, putting away her things carefully and putting back up the horse's feed bag.

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She just chuckled. "Fern and I, we are friends. No going back for us." Daxia glanced fondly as her horse. "Very well-trained, so going back to same trainer for more... is sensible." She grinned at Katshka. "Will make effort to visit your Fa, yes? Ta," she said with a nod.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

The pots took moments to rinse in the stream and he returns to the fire. There is certainly more than a hint of the cold season in the air now.

"Karl and I will be taking turns to watch over the camp tonight. Or were any of you thinking of volunteering?"

The goats are their responsibility and he and Karl will share that responsibility, though some company would be nice.

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Kadri:

"I think I may sit watch for some time. Enjoy the clear night while there still is one."

Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
Daxia

She looked up at the sky, tracing the constellations and sisters with her eyes. "Will watch later, and watch Her rise," Daxia said, still watching the stars. Unicorn was visible tonight; interesting... very interesting.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Cesare

He smiles, nodding in approval. One reason why travelling alone is much more risky, everyone has to sleep sometime.

"Karl, your turn first tonight. Wake me later."

He stands, brushing himself down.

"Another long day tomorrow, so I am going to get some rest. Goodnight. I enjoyed the company this evening."

He goes to check on the stock before turning in and makes a quiet circuit wide around the camp just to reassure himself before taking his pack and going to find a dry sheltered flat and hopefully not too hard spot in which to make his bed. As is his habit when travelling, his knives are close to hand, though hidden from sight.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Gryphon
Gryphon
California
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,801
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy