Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Asta, Miales), 59 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#559662 Sat 08/10/11 21:43 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
First, I would like to thank everyone who has applied; the response was overwhelming.

If you have already asked, you may consider yourself in.

The huge response (blush) has a consequence. Not only should the dialogue between players be thoughtful and detailed, I need to develop the appropriate background packages for each character, prior to stepping out into the game.

This will take time.

You have pressed beyond my background files on the computer (curse you ten year old dead hard drives), and as such some things (oh like a certain set of cult files) need to be created from whole cloth.

Which also means I have to go to the storage room and rescue my old three ring notebooks! So if I go quiet for a while, its because I am hard at work; and as the Clarke folks know when I'm focused I usually miss things said in the shoutbox.

Thanks so much!

And thank you for your patience and understanding!

Wolf #559677 Sat 08/10/11 23:50 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Oh, good things are worth the wait.

N
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
Nicki Jett
Unregistered
N
I love old fashioned writers. They always seem to optimize the quality of their material.

Nicki

#559715 Sun 09/10/11 04:24 UTC
Kel Offline
Sower of Insanity
Sower of Insanity
And as Kel knows, when Wolf is focused he usually misses more than just things said in the shout box. PMs... emails... shouts down the stairs... lol

It's the stack of boxes back by your scuba gear. Don't know how many of the boxes are full of HWD binders and how many are just books.

Remind me to look in my stack of RP papers; I might have a folder for HWD with that cult file you were looking for (didn't see it at a quick glance on the hard drive, but I could have named it something... not obvious... though that doesn't sound like Ms. OCD of the Millennium).

"Everything is bad except unicorns." -- Phoebe
Kel #559726 Sun 09/10/11 14:55 UTC
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Is this site a valid source for a free SRD for Runequest rules?

http://mrqwiki.com/wiki/images/a/ac/RuneQuestSRDLuxury.pdf

Zeim #560653 Thu 13/10/11 00:38 UTC
Wolf Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Zeim
Is this site a valid source for a free SRD for Runequest rules?

http://mrqwiki.com/wiki/images/a/ac/RuneQuestSRDLuxury.pdf

Yikes!

On one hand the base information is good because, well Runequest/Basic Roleplaying hasn't changed much mechanics wise in years and its a pretty simple system at the core.

On the other hand it goes into far more detail and complication than is necessary for our use; it's very scary and may lead to assumptions that just don't hold true in the game; for example, the Rhoni are NOT "Nomads" and we aren't really going to use the Avalon Hill style RQ background system to create our base skill sets.

It's good for describing how the skill system works; but in truth you can say what they devote length to in one sentence:

Your skill is a number from 1-100, roll a d100, get beneath your skill level and you succeed.

It's also intuitive ... you have a skill level of 75%, you succeed 75% of the time. That's pretty much the game mechanic for most everything except how much magic you can use in a day.

So its a good read, just remember it will tell you far more about RQ than you probably want to know, need to know or will ever use in the game smile

Last edited by Wolf; Thu 13/10/11 00:39 UTC.

Moderated by  Wolf 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,845
Posts140,803
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy