Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
5 members (Miales, KenSeg, Asta, Art in the Blood, TennesseeMaiden), 4 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
nem #1080806 Wed 08/05/24 02:19 UTC
I agree. It was fun to write with you both, but I need to get back to the San Francisco story. I do have an interesting epilogue for this I might send you all. But happy to close and archive it.

nem #1080809 Wed 08/05/24 05:48 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sounds good.

I will have this one closed and archived.

nem #1080867 Fri 10/05/24 19:37 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Do you want me to leave it open for the epilogue, or shall I suggest that they close it now?

nem #1080868 Fri 10/05/24 19:55 UTC
I don't have an epilogue in mind but I'd like to read it if you had one.

nem #1081032 Mon 13/05/24 23:46 UTC
Epilogue: A Reversal of Shadows

In the dim light of a small, cluttered study, the scent of burnt sage lingered, mingling with the mustiness of old books. Isabella sat at an ancient oak desk, her fingers stained with ink and her eyes heavy with fatigue. Months of deciphering the forbidden texts of the Necronomicon had left her visibly changed; her once vibrant demeanor now carried a weight of profound depth and haunting wisdom.

Elsewhere, in a vast, echoing gallery in London, Sophia Delacroix wandered among the relics of the past, her brilliant mind preoccupied with the present. Her raven hair cascaded in waves down her back, and her deep green eyes betrayed a melancholy that mirrored the troubling times. As a historian and scholar, Sophia had once seen in Isabella the perfect candidate for a clandestine role — a double agent embedded within the Nazi regime. Now, she regretted that decision, fearing the darkness that the Necronomicon might have awakened within her beloved.

Back in the study, the walls were lined with shelves brimming with arcane tomes and artifacts collected over Isabella's years as a double agent. The centerpiece was the original Necronomicon, its cover a ghastly tapestry of human skin, etched with symbols that seemed to writhe under the flicker of candlelight.

Isabella had mastered the ancient spells and crafts, learning not just to mimic them, but to bend and twist their meanings. Where once there was a curse meant to summon, she rewrote it to repel. Spells of binding were transformed into rites of liberation. Each alteration was a calculated risk, a defiance of the dark forces that the book beckoned.

The weight of this knowledge was not merely intellectual. The dark energies of the Necronomicon seeped into her, tinting her aura with a shadow that was visible only to those attuned to the mystical realms. Her dreams were haunted by eldritch entities, whispering secrets of cosmic indifference and the futility of human endeavors. Yet, with each passing night, Isabella’s resolve hardened; she would turn these nightmares against those who sought to use them for domination.

Tonight, she completed the final touches on the duplicate Necronomicon—a perfect facsimile in form but inverted in essence. The false book was a trap, a clever ploy that would lead her enemies into self-destructive rituals. As she prepared to replace the original with the counterfeit, Isabella reflected on her transformation. The knowledge she had acquired set her apart from her peers, isolating her in ways she had not anticipated. Her ability to perceive the threads of fate and the flow of dark energies made her an invaluable asset but at the cost of a life once filled with simpler joys.

Tomorrow, she would return the altered Necronomicon to the Nazis, embedding herself deeper into their ranks while setting them upon a path to their own undoing. As she blew out the candles, the shadows in the room seemed to recoil from the light, a silent acknowledgment of her power.

Isabella stepped out into the cold night, the weight of the book under her arm matched only by the weight of her destiny. With each step, she moved not just toward the end of a mission but toward a new chapter in a war fought not with guns and bombs, but with spells and shadows. As she disappeared into the fog, the only evidence of her passage is the faintest echo of a spell whispered into the wind, a spell of protection, a beacon in the dark for those who would follow in her footsteps. Meanwhile, Sophia, alone in the gallery, clutched a locket at her throat, whispering a silent prayer for Isabella's safe return.

[OOC: I cheated and let ChatGPT write it... but there was an interesting idea there. Close the book on this one. ;)]

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ian
Member Spotlight
Vryx
Vryx
Pittsburgh
Forum Statistics
Forums104
Topics2,896
Posts141,915
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy