Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Vryx, Barry Mulvihill, AJ), 44 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Not knowing what else to do, and the nagging doubt in the back of her mind about being on a horse, dismounts. Leaving the horse next to Catalena's and hoping it doesn't run off. Joining Catalena with her spear ready.

"Should I shake the bush with the spear?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Lord Foxglove

"Good question," he offered. "It is partially to provide for a feast, but mostly, it is to test one's hunting prowess. In this case, I am more experienced than you, so I am allowing you to discover what is going on before I direct. Our goal is to find the largest and most dangerous of the boars in our vicinity and take it down. Thus we have not only helped protect the community, but we have achieved our goals.

"What target would you choose, my young Coral?"

Last edited by Pandemonium; Thu 11/04/24 16:03 UTC.
Coral

"Well, clearly," she replied as she drew her two weapons and slid off her horse, "the one to go for is the big boar over there."
She pointed at the location of the boar with her rapier.

"I suspect the sow may be the harder one to fight, biven that she would be protecting her piglets, but the boar is the one that everyone will remember."

She stood facing the bush where the boar waited, and asked, "Is everyone ready?"

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Sak:

“I expect no boar tends to go down easily. Stubborn creatures.”

He moves next to coral to wait.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Lord Foxglove

He beams with a wide smile. "Good Show!" he nods to her, pointing out the male boar. It isn't perfectly clear, but they might get the idea that the nobleman hadn't seen the larger boar. It is also interesting that any of them who knows anything about the wild know that usually male boars are smaller than females. In this case, this is something very different.

With a nudge of his knees, he turns his horse a bit towards the area that Coral has pointed out.

As if this is enough to provoke the boar who comes charging out of the foilage at them.

[OOC: Though I have dealt initiative, I am not really going to use it much. I was just checking for a rough order of things and any specials. We won't be acting in strict initiative. We are going to do BB and AB for convenience's sake. (BB being before boar, and AB after boar, of course).

We are also doing this as a scene, it won't be blow by blow. It is more "my character does X to improve or help the scene, here are my rolls" kind of a thing. Most skill rolls will be allowed, just tell me how they are intended to affect the hunt.

Boar Hunt

Selaim AS
Lord Foxglove AH
Catalena QH

Dire Boar 9C

Zak 4D
Aendell 3C
Coral 2D

So Selaim, and Cat can go in any order. Once I have those two, I will post for Foxglove and the Boar, then the other three will go. Make sense?]

[OOC Coral intends to blast it with fire before it gets anything like close :-) ]

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: Go ahead and roll an attack, mostly I am looking for a number of successes and or raises, to determine how well she assists. This seems like a perfectly reasonable way to assist the hunt. grin ]

Coral

Still grasping her starknife with her thumb she extended her fingers at the oncoming boar and cast Firebolt with lingering damage.

Coral cast firebolt at boar
Angrboða rolled d10,d6 and got 5, 6

Coral cast firebolt at boar ace
Angrboða rolled d6 and got 2

so an 8 - which is a raise

Coral cast firebolt at boar damage (+1)
Angrboða rolled d6,d6,d6 and got 1, 3, 4

so 9 damage this turn [3 x d4 damage next turn]

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

Not knowing exactly what to do with the spear, she rushes forward and braces the spear inches ground while aiming to skewer the creature as it charges.

Selaim Attack Boar
Miales rolled 1d10,1d6 and got 8, 4

Selaim 2h Spear damage
Miales rolled d8,d6 and got 2, 1

Selaim Spear if 1 handed
Miales rolled 1d6,d6 and got 4, 3

Online Content
Catalena

Cat stepped up next to Selaim with her nodachi, wondering if it had a better taste for pork than bone.

Catalena Fighting, with +1 for Gang Up
Vryx rolled d8,d6 and got 5, 2
Attack: 6 total
If that hits...
Catalena Damage, Nodachi
Vryx rolled d8,d8+1 and got 5, 8
Damage: 13 total, Armor Piercing 1

Last edited by Vryx; Thu 11/04/24 20:06 UTC.
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: I see at least 2 success. If we use Parry for Bolt, the parry is 6. Which negates one of the other hits. So far we have 2 successes towards the total necessary to complete the hunt, and Aendell gets to go.

If we go with the official forums, the game designer's say Parry for Bolt, assuming Angr' makes her activation roll of 4. Though she could get a raise there... ]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
(OOC - Aendell was using total defense and doing his best to interpose himself between the charging boar and the group, so with that he really gets no roll I don't believe, just a bonus to defense against the boar. I suppose a miss by the boar it if attacks him could count as a success? If its simpler for him to just make an attack roll let me know.)

Last edited by Zeim; Fri 12/04/24 13:49 UTC.
Online Content
((Zak gets to go too, Pande. Don't forget him.))

Originally Posted by Pandemonium
[OOC: I see at least 2 success. If we use Parry for Bolt, the parry is 6. Which negates one of the other hits. So far we have 2 successes towards the total necessary to complete the hunt, and Aendell gets to go.

If we go with the official forums, the game designer's say Parry for Bolt, assuming Angr' makes her activation roll of 4. Though she could get a raise there... ]

Sorry - I did not understand any of that ....

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak attempts to move in from the side and spear the boar as it charges.

Zak boar attack
Art in the Blood rolled 1d8,1d6 and got 4, 3

(Not rolling damage as I believe we are mainly looking for successes?)

Online Content
((Art, you get a +2 for Gang Up bonus because Cat and Selaim are attacking, so I think you hit with a 6. Damage roll might be worth it, and always fun, in any case because you might get a raise.))

Last edited by Vryx; Fri 12/04/24 14:13 UTC.
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
[OOC: Vryx is correct the Gang up bonus does count and that would make it a hit.

Interesting thought Vryx. I hadn't been counting raises on damage, but I suppose in the overall scheme of things that is part of accomplishing the task.

So let's use damage and again we will only count successes, or raises.

I believe I mentioned it above the Dire Boar's parry is 6.

Because I am adjusting the way we are counting success, lets up the number of successes necessary, so it isn't a push over. How about we got 10 successes in three rounds, or it escapes.]

Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Zak damage
Art in the Blood rolled 1d6,1d8 and got 5, 1

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

{OOC: So how many successes do we have as we enter round 2? Also am counting Zak, Coral, and Cat for a +3 for Selaim to hit; Finally did the boar go yet?}

Online Content
((OOC I think that Aendell was making himself a target as his action (and maybe he'd add a success by doing that, even if he gets hit, unless he dies?) so he should count as adjacent, and Coral is not in melee. So that's the +3 for everyone but Coral.))

Last edited by Vryx; Wed 17/04/24 13:10 UTC.
Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The bush erupts in leaves and branches as they fly outward from the explosive movement of the large boar as it charges. It heads straight for Aendell but slips on a patch of particularly loose dirt and looses its footing. It stumbles allowing the remaining three to act without any harm coming to any of them.

[OOC: We have 5 successes going into this, though technically I still need a to hit roll from Coral, the casting roll is activation of the magic, not an actual ranged attack, so you need both, see my note in the OOC thread.

Boar Charge
Pandemonium rolled d8,d8,d6 and got 1, 4, 4 Guess I didn't need the damage roll with an attack roll of a 1. grin ]

Coral

The lingering fire from before did a further 8 damage

Coral lingering fire
Angrboða rolled d4,d4 and got 4, 2
Coral lingering fire ace
Angrboða rolled d4 and got 2

"Let's finish this," Coral said, dropping her weapons and going in with her hands.

Coral desperate attack (+4) both hands (-2)[1][2] (+1 +2 or +3 ?) gang-up?
Angrboða rolled d6,d6,d6,d6 and got 1, 3, 2, 2
Attack 1 = 3 +4 - 2 + (1 to 3) so either a 6,7,or 8 to hit depending on gang- up
Attack 2 = 2 +4 - 2 + (1 to 3) so either a 5,6,or 7 to hit depending on gang- up

Coral Damage +4 - 4
Angrboða rolled d4,d6,d4,d6 and got 1, 2, 4, 2

Coral Damage +4 - 4 ace
Angrboða rolled d4 and got 4

Coral Damage +4 - 4 ace again
Angrboða rolled d4 and got 2

So 3 damage from attack 1 - if it hit
and 12 damage form attack 2 - if it hit

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
The little fire tossing orphan wades into the fray. The combined pressure of the foes keeps the boar distracted and allows her to flank it. Flank it she does, ripping and tearing into the large animal. Fur and blood flying, it collapses in front of the onslaught.

Lord Foxglove

He sheathes his sword and begins clapping. "Well done!" He applauds her gory actions. He unwinds a rope from his saddle and tosses one end down to the group. "Tie it's legs and I will draw it up behind my horse, to return to town, unless you have a better idea?" He inquires.

"Or we could gut it here and leave those bits for the wild creatures."

[OOC: +3 Gang up bonus now that Coral has joined in the fray.
8 on her first hit (normal hit) 1 success
7 on her second hand (normal hit) 1 success
4 successes from damage between the lingering (2, and 2 from her hands)
Makes 6 successes.

Though it isn't necessary, here is a discussion about popcorn initiative.

I was introduced to an interesting way to handle SW initiative. Draw cards like normal, but since this is PBP/PBEM people declare and do their action. Then the GM posts, then another player acts. Call it popcorn initiative.

So For the 2nd round card draw is:

Boar Hunt 2nd

Coral Black Joker
Catalena AC
Lord Foxglove KH
Selaim JD
Dire Boar 5C
Zak 4S
Aendell 3C

Believe it or not I didn't cheat, but Coral has acted above. grin

This will count as my GM post, next one to go is whoever posts.

Then I will comment/post, then another person.

Does that make sense? I think it fits this medium quite well.

Current success count 10 out of 10. ]

Coordinator of Chaos
Coordinator of Chaos
Selaim

With the big boar down, Selaim sneaks back to where she saw the boars originally and checks to see if they are still there. Her spear ready.

Chaotic Obfuscator
OP Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Seliam moves quietly but when she arrives at the foliage she discovers that the mama boar and piglets have run off.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Pandemonium 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Gryphon
Gryphon
California
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,844
Posts141,005
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy