Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Barry Mulvihill), 54 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
RRL: Rise of the Rune Lords - Burnt Offerings Jump to new posts
RRL: Risa's Place Pandemonium Mon 06/05/24 16:26 UTC
The inn didn't look like much from the outside, though one could hear enjoyment being had inside.
0 4 Read More
NMC: Neverending Movie Chain Jump to new posts
Re: Neverending Movie Chain 58 AquaDyne Mon 06/05/24 16:24 UTC
The Hunt for Red October

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
5 25 Read More
Re: RRL: The Rusty Dragon a Harrowing Vryx Mon 06/05/24 16:03 UTC
Catalena

Catalena continued through the common room and out into Market Street, unsure of where to go, but only that she needed to be elsewhere.

She stumbled through the Marketplace, empty save for children playing at whistleball. She barely registered that she had both interrupted their game and almost taken a blow to the head from a well struck ball, and turned up to Festival Street.

What did she intend? She was not sure. Should she go to Hemlock and ask for his protection? After all, she was already serving a sentence here and while Sandpoint had some ostensible oversight from Magnimar, it was independent as far as governance so far as she understood. The Temple? Father Zantus would surely testify as to her character but such material matters would likely be out of his hands. No, she had no wish to involve either of them in her problems.

She passed an ancient mansion, the home of Madame Mvashti, the venerable oracle whose Harrowings were legendary for their prophetic power. But Catalena did not second-guess her own interpretation. She knew in her heart it was true. There was no need to bother her respected elder as comforting as it might be and likely upset her. She continued on.

Catalena realized she missed her family keenly. The road was the only safe place for Varisians. Cities would always be full of prejudice and mistrust and repression.

At the end of Festival Road, she looked to the east. Tanner's Bridge. East, out of Sandpoint. She should run, she suddenly thought, keep going east. Her clan would be coming south out of the Cinderlands to Turtleback Ferry or Whistledown this time of year. No, she told herself, that would make things worse. She just needed to be among her people and there were plenty of them here.

She turned west instead, to one of the oldest taverns in Sandpoint, known simply as Risa's Place. Named for the near-blind Varisian sorceress, Risa Magravi. It was a place that advertised little, and was patronized mostly by locals and visiting Varisians. Risa was far too old now to do much beyond regaling guests with her tales and vast knowledge of history and legends. But Catalena adored her and was fond of her adult children, Besk, Lanalee, and Vodger. Varisian spiced potatoes and cooling cider were what she needed right now.
28 266 Read More
Re: RRL: The Boar Hunt Pandemonium Mon 06/05/24 15:56 UTC
The helpers at The Rusty Dragon took the boar and dropped it into a wheelbarrow. It took two of the young men to manage to keep the thing in it, and upright. It was taken into the kitchen for processing. Once inside one of the assistant cooks came out and said "thank you m'lord for the delivery. Any particular choice in how it shall be prepared?"

Lord Foxglove said, "I leave it to the lovely Ameiko to determine the best way to create a feast for the town of Sandpoint tonight. The boar is going to be shared, it is not just for The Heroes of Sandpoint."

The man smiled and nodded in understanding. "Very generous of you," which seemed to include all of them. "I would imagine it will take four to five hours to prepare properly. Dinner will be ready at sundown." With that the man turned and headed back in to the inn's kitchens. He and his crew had a lot of work to do to meet the deadline he had just set.

[OOC: Totally works for me. The PCs have an afternoon to while away before dinner. Anything special people would like to do?]
96 1,520 Read More
Re: RRL: The Boar Hunt Vryx Mon 06/05/24 15:02 UTC
Catalena

Catalena blushed at Lord Foxglove's comment of her serving the government in some higher capacity. "That's very kind of you to say, m'lord. A girl who earns her bread through performing does need to work up her audiences upon occasion. I suppose it is not so different from swaying public opinions."

"Though," she added, "I would say that I prefer the simpler life here in Sandpoint than the metropolis of Magnimar." She smiled and turned and noticed Aendell's attention to the conversation. She acknowledged him with an affectionate shared warmth of the expression.

Once the boar was delivered to the kitchens and the horses stabled, she suggested to the young warrior of Iomedae that with the promise of further revels in the evening, that the present time might be the best for providing his Harrowing, which she insisted should be done soberly and with proper focus and respect.

((OOC Hope it is ok Zeim to include Aendell as looking over at her at the mention of Magnimar. Seemed pretty in-character/circumstance. Pande, just wanted to get the threads tied together as far as timing, etc.))
96 1,520 Read More
Re: Neverending Movie Chain 58 Miales Mon 06/05/24 08:12 UTC
Sean Connery
5 25 Read More
Re: Neverending Movie Chain 58 Argus Mon 06/05/24 04:42 UTC
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
5 25 Read More
ACR: ACRO Jump to new posts
Re: Round 2 - The Vote - BEP Gryphon Mon 06/05/24 02:44 UTC
2, 3, 8
10 94 Read More
Re: Neverending Movie Chain 58 Miales Mon 06/05/24 01:32 UTC
John Rhys Davies
5 25 Read More
Re: Neverending Movie Chain 57 Miales Mon 06/05/24 01:04 UTC
Who? wink lol
221 4,523 Read More
Re: Neverending Movie Chain 58 AquaDyne Mon 06/05/24 00:25 UTC
Starting the chain with an ensemble cast as usual.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."
5 25 Read More
Neverending Movie Chain 58 AquaDyne Mon 06/05/24 00:22 UTC
This will be round 54 of Never Ending Movie Chain.

From Don, with tweaks over the years:

Feel free to jump in anywhere you want, post once or post as often as you want just don't reply to yourself. huh

For any new folks joining in <and new folks are definitely encouraged to do so>...

We start by naming a movie, the next player to jump in has to name an actor in that film and the next to follow him/her has to name a different movie that actor was in.

EX:

Player one: Star Wars, Player Two: Mark Hamill, Player Three: Corvette Summer, Player Four: Annie Potts, Player Five: Ghostbusters, etc.

Repeats are allowed but discouraged and there has to be a distance of at least five steps before you use a movie or an an actor a second time. No IMDb please <expect to look up dates of movies with identical titles or spellings of names>. grin

No repeats within 5 steps and avoid getting caught in a loop with MCU or Fast & Furious movies, for example. Long-running franchises with ensemble casts can allow you go round and round indefinitely.

You need to follow the chain as it is drawn, no jumping. If we have Stephen Moyer on the table and someone plays Prince Valiant then the Prince Valiant you have to go out of is the one that had Stephen Moyer in it, no matter how many other movies out there are named Prince Valiant.

Because of this rule, many chains have been broken by using a same-named movie from a different decade. SAG-AFTRA requires actors to have unique names, but movie names are not unique. If you know your movie may be confused with another of the same name, add the year or other unique identifying information (such as "the original" or "the recent reboot" or "the live action remake" etc.) to help others. This becomes a requirement in the rare case that the same actor has played in both the original and remake; for example if the actor is Charlton Heston and you say Planet of the Apes, you must specify (1968) or (2001).

We want to avoid using archival footage. For purposes of our game Dick Clark, Bob Hope, President Kennedy etc. did not appear in Forrest Gump.

I won't make this a rule but rather a recommendation. Please avoid films that have not been released/aired in the U.S.

And just for the sake of putting it into the written rules mostly for sake of newcomers voice work (animated films) and made-for-TV movies are allowed but not mini-series.

Oh, and the idea is not to stump everyone but to keep the chain going for as long as possible. We play this one on road trips and I don't know why I didn't think to start this up here years ago. It is perfect for the online community because you can jump in whenever and wherever or as often as you want.

Also feel free to add comments about the movies or actors mentioned if you like. Part of the fun is saying “Wow, I haven't thought about that movie for years.” or “I love Errol Flynn!”

Finally this is what burned us in 51. Generally no posting of names, trailers, or posters that show who might have been involved in the movie.
5 25 Read More
Re: Neverending Movie Chain 57 AquaDyne Mon 06/05/24 00:14 UTC
Originally Posted by Miales
Oh nobody said they didn't watch it... Just nobody can think of another decent actor/actress in it.

The head Tooth Fairy was played by Dame Julie Andrews. I think she counts as decent.

[Linked Image from julieandrewsonline.com]

Starting a new game...
221 4,523 Read More
ACS: Achtung! Cthulhu - The Black Sun Jump to new posts
Re: ACS: The Forgotten Passage Vryx Mon 06/05/24 00:02 UTC
(( ooc I'm fine to wrap it up. I was just confused.))
69 1,518 Read More
Re: ACS: The Forgotten Passage Pandemonium Sun 05/05/24 23:06 UTC
[OOC: I completely forgot it got through the gate. Since the gate was closing anyway, let's direct her three successes to expulsion/banishment. Does that work? Or do you want me to rewrite my scene, and we can continue combat? It really is a forgone conclusion at this point unless the dice go seriously awry.]
69 1,518 Read More
Re: ACS: The Forgotten Passage Vryx Sun 05/05/24 22:55 UTC
((ooc what about Earthworm Jim? We killed it?))
69 1,518 Read More
YTZ: Yahtzee! Jump to new posts
Re: Standard **400** (XXXXII) Alduin Sun 05/05/24 20:15 UTC
Turn 13

Initial roll: 2,5,1,4,3

Final: 1,2,3,4,5 -- well that was easy for once

Large straight please
33 993 Read More
Re: ACS: The Forgotten Passage Pandemonium Sun 05/05/24 19:39 UTC
Isabella draws power from dangerous forces, offering her a bit of additional assistance in her attempt to close the rip in space and time that the Black Sun Colonel so foolishly opened. The fellow squad members might be thankful they have her along because none of them have the skills to do what she is doing.

However, her skills prove more than adequate as the portal begins to shrink. Even without additional power, the tear is being stitched back together. Isabella gave the world enough of a push that it has begun to heal itself at an accelerated rate. There is no doubt that the tear in space and time will close in a short amount of time. Isabella is pretty sure that nothing else will escape into their reality. However, she will feel this in the morning.

The enemy sees that the portal is closing, and that their leader has fallen, an axe blow having ended his reign of Eldritch power, begin to show cracks in their facades. They might be cloaked in protective magic, but they don't seem to be willing to fight on without additional direction.

There is a clatter of metal striking stone as they drop their weapons. Possibly not the wisest choices with loaded sub-machine guns but luckily enough, none go off accidently. It might be a little difficult given the dark cloaking magic, but the next immediate action by the enemy soldiers is to raise their hands in surrender.

Walker and Gregg kept their weapons trained on the black-uniformed men as they shuffled together to be easier to detain. Nielsen moves from pillar to pillar in the ritual chamber cutting the ropes that held the poor townspeople. They are still frightened by their experiences, but the are happy to be free of the ropes.

Captain Swann says "There are still live enemy troops in the castle above us. We should escape via the tunnel with all the people and pows. We can let the regular forces deal with those above ground. It isn't worth the risk now. We have stopped the ritual and we have prisoners for interrogation. We saved many of the townspeople and made the world a safer place. Good job so far, but we aren't finished yet." He stands wincing at his wound.

[OOC: No worries. I want to keep this scene alive because we are so close to completing this particular game. However, I don't rule out the possibility of another scenario. I have plenty on deck now that we know the system a bit more if we want to. I also could revert to the original rule set PDQ!, which is Prose Descriptive Qualities, which is quite a bit simpler. Though this system really isn't bad. The GM has to remember a few fiddly rules, like not getting additional Momentum dice to spend on spells without taking threats, but mostly, it is pretty reasonable. It also seems very pulpy, which fits the style of the setting. Thanks for you two giving this a go, in case I didn't say that before. grin

Isabella takes some fatigue, but I am going to keep it nebulous because I doubt it will matter in the long run. ]
69 1,518 Read More
Re: RRL: The Rusty Dragon a Harrowing Zeim Sun 05/05/24 18:44 UTC
Aendell

"Yes but it is up to her to prove her innocence. Fair or not, it is how the system works. I would have been within my rights to lock her in chains and take her back. Of course she might have killed me with that blade of hers, and I might have had some trouble trying to arrest a member of the town watch, so that would not have been the smartest move, but the fact I simply warned her I would let Iomedae decide and left her unmolested was actually extremely lenient on my part."

He pauses. "Still, if you think you can repair the damage I would be appreciative. I really don't think she did anything wrong but the law is the law. I am twisting it beyond my authority as it is."

(OOC - ie No "innocent until proven guilty" here. If you are a commoner and are accused you are assumed guilty unless you can prove your innocence.)
28 266 Read More
DUC: Durham University Campus Jump to new posts
Re: DUC: Pub Treasure Hunt Neptune Sun 05/05/24 18:05 UTC
Levon
"Hey, I know you! I'm Levon, what were your names again?" his New York City urban accent is thick as he flashes a big smile at them and takes a step closer.
249 6,183 Read More
Re: Neverending Movie Chain 57 Mina Sun 05/05/24 17:29 UTC
I admit it, I am a Rock fan and I have never seen this. I always figured that I did not have enough wine for all that (my assumption) cheese.
221 4,523 Read More
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Matioki
Member Spotlight
Gypsy
Gypsy
Pidley, Cambs, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,852
Posts141,220
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy