Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Art in the Blood, Mina, LaBerge), 4 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games List
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Games List.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
#989999
Fri 24/04/20 20:51 UTC
Fri 24/04/20 20:51 UTC
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,293
Zeim Offline
(Buffalo)
Zeim  Offline
(Buffalo)
Moderator
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,293
Zhu

Having finished a light breakfast with the others, she turns to the group and says, "Shall we go to the Coster and see about the dagger now?"

#990003
Fri 24/04/20 23:22 UTC
Fri 24/04/20 23:22 UTC
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 11,549
Pandemonium Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Pandemonium  Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Moderator
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 11,549
Sindar

He rises and joins the others at breakfast. Food is one of the perks of living, and he enjoys both. He takes a smattering of everything. It is all good.

He is quiet while he eats different than he is most other times. When he hears the discussion he offers "I think I will go see Darathra Shendrel, the Lord Protector of the town, maybe I can find out more about the town, and any other pieces of information that might be useful."

#990004
Sat 25/04/20 01:20 UTC
Sat 25/04/20 01:20 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 26,780
AJ Offline
Moderator
AJ  Offline
Moderator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 26,780
Kriv

An uneventful night, and a routine awakening, exercise and ablutions before descending to breakfast. A genteel repast and then on to the business for the day, to whit, as Zhu so saliently put it, seeing about the dagger. With their credentials secured about his person, they were set and ready for what might be.

#990008
Sat 25/04/20 07:19 UTC
Sat 25/04/20 07:19 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 10,840
nemarsde Offline

Wobbly Headed
nemarsde  Offline

Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 10,840
Arus

In the morning he ate some nuts and dried fruit from the bowl in his room, then exercised. A warm up of isometrics, followed by press-ups with his feet on a chair, shoulder presses in a handstand against the wall and pull-ups from the doorframe. Finally some dips from the bed-frame to the chair and he used his pack, containing his armour, for hip swings.

An adventurer must make do with what little time and equipment they have.

After taking a nice cold bath, Arus appears in the dining room of the Northshield House for breakfast.

He eats heartily, listening to the other guests talk.

#990015
Sat 25/04/20 11:59 UTC
Sat 25/04/20 11:59 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 64,650
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Gypsy  Offline

Wizop
Administrator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 64,650
Jaliera

She is enjoying her breakfast, just having a piece of fruit to finish when the newcomer to their group speaks out and she looks at him closely for the first time.

He seems familiar but she can't quite place him. Something tells her that she should remember, that it was important. Well she can only make an idiot of herself.

"Do I know you?"

Her round eyes watch him.

#990017
Sat 25/04/20 12:02 UTC
Sat 25/04/20 12:02 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 39,597
M
MikeD Offline

Administrator
MikeD  Offline

Administrator
M
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 39,597
<Bern>

"No point in putting it off", he said with nod to Zhu and pushing his plate away, clearly ready to be off.


MikeD
#990030
Sat 25/04/20 14:20 UTC
Sat 25/04/20 14:20 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,777
Neptune Offline OP

Moderator
Neptune  Offline OP

Moderator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,777
ooc: of course, Sindar hasn't formally met most, except for Bern momentarily and Arus at the Talking Troll. There would be no reason why the outgoing bard wouldn't just jump into a conversation at the long common table. I'm not sure he would "announce" where he's going, but we'll roll with that smile

Everyone should take note that you will be assigned an NPC. If you see one in your roll20 journal, please familiarize yourself with him/her - specifically, what they can do. Assume that they are all on your side, because they are.


-Nep
#990033
Sat 25/04/20 15:56 UTC
Sat 25/04/20 15:56 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,777
Neptune Offline OP

Moderator
Neptune  Offline OP

Moderator
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 15,777
OOC: I apologize for the presumptive pushes here. Please roll with this since we don't have the month to play this out that we would need to have. Feel free to react and to fill in the blanks. Also, remember what is and isn't known to others as you post. I accept privates, if you want. Make sure to respond to the PM thread for your character that I asked you to keep if you want to do something privately. I may or may not have time to respond before we play FTF

DM

As the various folks make their way outside, they are amazed at the crowds and activity. The place is abuzz. There are hundreds of people all about, doing their business, hawking wares from carts and wagons. It is just past High Harvestide so now is the time that all the surrounding farmers and hunters are hawking their wares as people stock up for the long winter that lies ahead. With the sun out and the weather presenting a nice, warmer autumn day, today appears to be a very busy business day for all.

That turns out to be the case for those who attempt to make contact with those at the Lion's Share. Arus makes his way there and finds Alaestra Ulgar and Narth Tezrin there. Once he introduces himself and explains who he is and where he came from, he is directed as to how he should assist in the current operations, where he should have the caravan he escorted unload and where to find the wares that need to be loaded. Soon he finds himself assisting the pair in the operations of the Lionshield Coster, directing the carts from the caravan grounds to the Lion's Share where the laborers begin unloading some goods and loading others.

By the time the others that came from Phandelin arrive, they find the pair of proprietors to be gracious and polite but unable to take a moment of their time to answer any questions about daggers "We can talk when we break for lunch, at noon." But when they say that they came with the caravan from Phandelin, the man in charge, Narth Tezrin assumes they are in charge and gives them detailed directions about where to bring their wares and directs them to his partner, Alaestra Ulgar who is just as focused as Narth. "Help coordinate the loading and unloading operations over there." She points to the main operation. There was already a line of wagons and carts. It would get longer by the time it was their turn. Some wagons from two caravans had already started lining up from the campgrounds. A half dozen men were unloading the wares. As a cart got to it's turn it unload, the driver would attend to financial matters, then load up with other wares from the Lion's Share that were to get distributed elsewhere along the Sword Coast. They would then move on and make their way to other merchants along the street with whom they would do the same. It was not choreographed but it was like a complex dance where most knew the steps but those unfamiliar, needed to find a way to get out of the way.

"Bring your wares there," was a directive by a blue-faced man that was pointing to the end of the growing line. He seemed to be managing the unloading/reloading operation. Bern recognized him as Arus, from the Talking Troll. "We have some merchandise that needs to head back to Waterdeep, Neverwinter and Baldur's Gate with your caravan, so when you're done unloading there, send the carts and wagons around back to get reloaded."

They may not have expected to get put to work, but some of the wagons had ore, from their mine, so they took responsibility and opted to stay on the good side of those they needed to get information from. They could assist in the manual labor if they wanted to, but there were people who were paid to do that. Those people looked to Kriv, Jaliera, Bern, Davroar and Zhu for guidance as the heroes that were celebrated in Phandelin just days ago.

Meanwhile Sindar, the bard, made his way over to visit with the Lord Protector of the town. He was greeted at the door by a dozen, armored men mounted on warhorses that were organized outside the two story tower. They stopped him. One of the guards dismounted, took his note and soon returned to let him go up and see Darathra Shendrel. They had a conversation that would last a few hours. Before noon, a rider came from the south, spoke to the guards and after a very short time, the twelve mounted men rode south.


-Nep
#990034
Sat 25/04/20 16:10 UTC
Sat 25/04/20 16:10 UTC
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 39,597
M
MikeD Offline

Administrator
MikeD  Offline

Administrator
M
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 39,597
<Bern>

He wasn't surprised that his help was being 'requested'. He had been in this position before. And since it didn't seem as though there would be much 'time' for talk until the work was done, he shrugged and 'chipped in'.


MikeD
#990039
Sat 25/04/20 18:11 UTC
Sat 25/04/20 18:11 UTC
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 11,549
Pandemonium Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Pandemonium  Offline
Chaotic Obfuscator
Moderator
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 11,549
Sindar

There was something about her voice, it sounded like something he had before, yet it was different. When he looked at her, he saw familiarity in her features too. "I think we have met. Maybe on the way to Silvermoon?" He considered, "maybe in Neverwinter? Waterdeep?" The more he thought about it, the more he wondered.

Assuming she offers Neverwinter he said "long ago I lived as a boy in Neverwinter. I did so many things, yet, one sticks in my memory." He shows her a long scar on his cheek, like it was a badge of honor. Does this look familiar?"

#990043
Sat 25/04/20 19:34 UTC
Sat 25/04/20 19:34 UTC
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,293
Zeim Offline
(Buffalo)
Zeim  Offline
(Buffalo)
Moderator
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,293
Zhu

Seeing the man approach and speak to Jaliera, she considers. She knows him, a Bard of no little skill. They'd traveled together as part of the same caravan once, and she'd seen him play in Silverymoon.

Not wanting to interject herself into the conversation between Jaliera and the man, she waits for a pause in the conversation and then clears her throat gently.

"Sindar, isn't it?"

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Newest Members
cymer1989, Noita, BadSmash, gtwade, Kenderlocks
145 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Member Spotlight
Kel
Kel
Posts: 7,941
Joined: July 2011
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums98
Topics2,565
Posts206,080
Members145
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
June
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1.1