Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gypsy), 11 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Neptune #974818 Wed 26/06/19 15:38 UTC
M
M
[[ well that was going to be my very next question <chuckle> We haven't really done any 'deep diving' into our factions. So I guess that is up to you <g> Do I know who Reidoth is? Had we met before? Does he know who I am ... and so forth ]]

MikeD
Neptune #974826 Wed 26/06/19 21:36 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Yup. Bern was there!

Start reading from here. It was a while ago smile

When the Z-party met Reidoth

-Nep
Neptune #974827 Wed 26/06/19 22:46 UTC
M
M
[[ <gak> That was more than 3 years ago!! You expect me to remember =that=?? <chuckle> But having said and read that ... why is he acting as such a 'stranger'? <g>]]

MikeD
Neptune #974867 Thu 27/06/19 04:44 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
[OOC: He never met Davroar so he's acting like a stranger to Davroar. He met Bern. He's also somewhat eccentric. ]

-Nep
Neptune #974879 Thu 27/06/19 12:01 UTC
M
M
[[ got it, that helps. Thanks ]]

MikeD
Neptune #974881 Thu 27/06/19 12:07 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He nodded, wondering if Reidoth remembered who he was.

MikeD
Neptune #974955 Fri 28/06/19 10:38 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Davroar and Jaliera

Davroar and Jaliera head back to Neverwinter. The journey is largely uneventful but they do get a chance to talk. Both are heartened to find that there is a desire within both of them to stay together in the future and to see what develops between them. It may be lasting but it may also come to an end. There is a certain physical attraction and an excitement fuelling their desire for each other.

They also discuss their ambitions and desire for a compromise that might suit them both. Jaliera still wants to visit her mentor from time to time and Davroar has concerns about staying in cities for any length of time. Neverwinter is on the coast and surrounted by countryside, not too far from Neverwinter Wood, so there are possibilities for Davroar during these future visits. And Jaliera says that she intends to be travelling out on adventures, searching for information and items that Randal might be interested in as is her role for him. So there doesn't seems to be much compromise, apart from her occasional short-lived return trips.

This first visit though, Jaliera wants Randal to meet Davroar and for Davroar to meet her mentor and see where she lives when in the city. The meeting goes well enough, though both are a little guarded. Randal can see however that Jaliera is a little infatuated and that to intervene at this stage is more likely to backfire. So he holds his counsel for now, hoping that she will grow out of it.

He is more pleased with her report and the details of her adventures, taking his share which includes half of her share of the mine as it may provide him with a good income in the future. 200gp and the brass orb spell focus. Quietly, at an opportune moment when Davroar is not with them, they discuss the Zentarim and Jaliera agrees to join. She also tells Randal that they had promised to return to the group they had been working with. He has no objection to this, says she has done well. He is particularly impressed that she has found magic and encourages her to use it more.

So in quite short order, Davroar and Jaliera set out to return to Phandelin to meet up with the others. On the journey back, more relaxed, their physical intimacy increases. It is at this point that Jaliera explains that when her parents died in the fire, her being rescued by a man who had climbed up to the window, only just big enough for her to squeeze out of, she was carried sobbing to safety whilst her parents died. The man took her to the Thieve's Guild where they started to train her, putting her to work. She didn't take well to the training or the work and was often beaten and disciplined, she still carry the scars on her back. It was this life that Randal rescued her from when he arranged for the Guild to release her into his custody. She is sure that he paid them to let her go.

In talking more he would learn that she likes anything sweet to eat, doesn't drink because she is very affected by it and doesn't like that, she craves knowledge and likes a good mystery as she is always curious.

Neptune #975019 Sat 29/06/19 15:14 UTC
Ryssa

The cleric headed out northwest, accompanied by Sister Gareale if she is willing, planning to visit her mentor, Athelor, the retired cleric of Lathander who was now studying the lores and writings of their deity, the Morninglord. Ryssa intended to look in to the matter of the Harpers but, first, she wants to speak with Athelor and find out what he knew about the group of spies and scouts which Sister Gareale had talked about.

Neptune #975207 Wed 03/07/19 06:46 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He has never heard of this Emerald Enclave before and the way Reidoth is acting it seems as though it is some sort of secret tribal society. Why it has to be secretive though makes him quietly ask, "Ok Reidoth, I get the part where a tribe is stronger than one, but why are you so quiet about this 'Emerald Enclave'? Should we not be proud of what we do in protecting the wilds?"

Davroar can partially understand that declaring ones allegiance to one side or another will always garner the wrong attention from potential enemies, but he was brought up by his father and his tribe back home to stand up and fight in the face of an enemy. This whole secrecy vibe has him a bit wary as to what he might be getting into if he agrees to join Reidoth and his Emerald Enclave.

Neptune #975227 Wed 03/07/19 14:28 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He grinned at Davroar's confusion. He had experienced a similar confusion when he was recruited. He was curious how much Reidoth would be willing to share. And he didn't want to get into trouble by saying too much ... at least in front of one of his superiors.

MikeD
Neptune #975262 Wed 03/07/19 21:01 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv Norixius, Scion of Norixius Keep, Epilogue

The noble Dragonborn was true to his word. He prioritised reporting events, travelling in accordance with Sildar's instructions to the headquarters of the Lords Alliance to present both the full and detailed report of events in the Phandelin region and himself as the latest Stingblade in their ranks. Matters went well there, and his next port of call was back home to Norixius Keep.

It was a relatively happy homecoming, inasmuch as Dragonborn partook in emotions. His sojourn had been to pay in part an honour debt owed to the Rockseekers, and that had been met and surpassed undeniably. The death of Thundren Rockseeker was received as such grim tidings tend to, leading to an occasional influx of veteran Dragonborn heading to the cairn in the cave to pay their respects. Kriv's stock had risen considerably, aided by the allegiance of Norixius Keep to the Lords Alliance, signets shown discreetly but with pride.

He maintained correspondence with the Brothers, his deeds earning him a position as de facto liaison on behalf of Norixius Keep, though he was unable to return to the mines prior to their reopening.

Neptune #975361 Sat 06/07/19 08:31 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He see's Bern's grin and gets more irritated when it seems both him and Reidoth know more than him. Crossing his arms across his chest, he gives Bern an slightly suspicious look, yet quickly turns back to Reidoth expecting answers to his questions.

Neptune #975762 Fri 12/07/19 19:26 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Reidoth
The old druid continued to explain about the Emerald Enclave to both men. "The organization is not a secret but we try to keep our agents a secret. We have enemies and competitors. The most important job our agents have is to gather information and most of us operate on our own. If an enemy learned of an agent, it might imperil them. So it is best to not flaunt association unless necessary. Our competitors are other factions. While they may have political aspirations, we do not, but may see us as obstructions."

He continued by going through some of the Enclave's history. "The Emerald Enclave was founded in the Year of the Thoughtful Man (374 DR) on the island of Ilighôn off the Vilhon Reach. The druids and their allies sought to protect the natural resources of the Vilhon Reach and nearby lands. They became a powerful force when they defeated the Turmish forces that were sent to destroy them them by a conclave of wizards known as the Windlass."

"The Enclave is organized into a hierarchy of circles, each with a different responsibility. The three members of the Elder Circle are the Chosen of Eldath, Mielikki, and Silvanus. We accept new members as long as they do not serve good or evil, are not members of another organization (except the churches of the aforementioned deities), are innocent of any crimes against nature, and have performed a significant act that benefits nature. That is why I am talking to you."

"We have six tenets: preserve nature in all its forms, control human expansion, recognize that nature encompasses more than just forests, agree that magic should not be used for mass destruction, warn against the use of magic on a grand scale for fear of unexpected side effects, and present a united front to the outside world. Most of our members worship Eldath, Mielikki, or Silvanus, and all wear some sort of green symbol. They travel often, searching for threats to the natural resources in the Reach and potential allies in other lands."

While our primary goal is to preserve nature, we are not direct opponents of progress. We work with civilized folk to promote the health of the natural world rather than using acts of violence to deter it. As an example, we allow woodcutters to work in areas of forests that need culling, although we still oppose indiscriminate logging. Some people do not like that and say that we hinder their business and that has created enemies for us."

"The Enclave needs to create new cells in areas that we believe may become threatened, such as the High Forest, Cormanthor, the Wealdath and the forests of the Great Dale. That is what I am hoping with you. I am aging and will not be here forever. You have made a name for yourselves already and I believe...hope that our objectives are the same. The cells are usually small, often consisting of only one or two people, but they keep a close eye on organizations dangerous to their aims, such as the church of Talos, the People of the Black Blood, the Dragon Cult and the like."

He stopped talking to let the other two ask questions.

-Nep
Neptune #975763 Fri 12/07/19 19:31 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Sister Gareale

She apologized to Ryssa about not being able to accompany her. "I am needed here, in this town. This is my flock and I am committed to heal the folks here - both physically and spiritually. But please, do visit your mentor. Learn what you can. When you return, we shall talk more."

Next post for Ryssa will be in the new game...

-Nep
Neptune #975765 Fri 12/07/19 19:54 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He understood Davroar's ... discomfort. He remembered his 'invitation' and how confusing and intimidating it had been. But he did =not= want to influence his friend's 'choice' to join ... or not. That was something for his conscience alone.

MikeD
Neptune #975788 Sat 13/07/19 06:22 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He silently accepts Reidoth's explanation for the secrecy part. Wearing a symbol of being a member of the Emerald Enclave openly all the time could be more trouble than it is worth, but he will not be shy in displaying it when he has to.
The Enclave's tenets fall in line with his own, but he is a little concerned with which circle (Eldath, Mielikki, or Silvanus) he should join as he does not place much worship into any of them.

"I do not favour nor worship any one particular god, Reidoth. Do I have to pick a circle to be a member of this?"

He looks to Bern and wonders if he is going to work with him then perhaps it would make sense to just be in the same circle he is in.

Neptune #975823 Sun 14/07/19 01:07 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Reidoth
"Did I misspeak?" he asks with genuine concern. "Forgive an old man. I was sure that I said that most of our members worship Eldath, Mielikki, or Silvanus. I did not mean to say 'all'. I do suppose that the Elder Circle are representatives of the three predominant religions of most of our members, but not all members are. What matters is that we want the same things, those tenets. That is why I recited them. If those are the objectives you seek for this world, then I would say that working together is how they are best achieved."

-Nep
Neptune #975940 Tue 16/07/19 05:26 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"Sorry, I didn't listen closely enough. So, if there's no need to worship such gods, then I'd be glad to help."

He is not sure how this Emerald Enclave works. Blood oaths are common from where he is from, so he unsheathes his knife and asks, "Would a blood oath do to join your Emerald Enclave?"

Neptune #975951 Tue 16/07/19 18:25 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Reidoth

He cocks his head to the side in surprise and says, "No need for that," and then he extends his hand to welcome the druid in to the Enclave. "For now, just keep your eyes and ears open and promise to return when the Rockseekers reopen the mines. We'll talk then."

With that I'll call it a wrap on the game. I anticipate starting the other game in the next week or two. Let's keep this game "up" for a few weeks so that we (especially I) can reference parts of it.

THE END!

-Nep
Neptune #975960 Tue 16/07/19 19:48 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He smiles as Reiloth 'welcomes' Davroar into the Emerald Enclave, then offers his friend his hand. "Welcome to the ranks", he says with a grin.

MikeD
Neptune #975991 Wed 17/07/19 06:30 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He thought there would be more to it in joining the Emerald Enclave, but if all it takes is a handshake then he will oblige with one to Reidoth first and then to Bern.

"Ah, thanks Bern. And, yes, I'll promise to come back Reidoth."

If there is ranks within the Emerald Enclave, Davroar figures he better do his best and move up in them.

Neptune #975992 Wed 17/07/19 12:05 UTC
M
M
[[ FWIW Dugan, I was looking at my notes from when we started and they have Dav, Lum and Bern all in the Emerald Enclave from the beginning <g> ]]

MikeD
Neptune #976044 Thu 18/07/19 12:20 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Reidoth

He hands a pin to Davroar, "Welcome to the Enclave Springwarden". The pin is a copper cloak clasp in the shape of a leaf and accented with green enamel. Bern has a similar one.

-Nep
Neptune #976129 Fri 19/07/19 06:32 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

In his short life as a druid so far he has never felt like he needed to belong anywhere, letting his wanderlust and nature itself guide his way. Now, by taking the offered pin the thought of doing something greater than himself gives him a strange comfort.
With a smile and a hint of wonderment in his voice he says, "Nice. Thanks, Reidoth."

Slipping off his fur cap and cloak, revealing long dark hair that is overdue for a cut, he removes his simple knotted cord and attaches the cooper clasp in its place. The collar of his fur and leather armour can be turned up, and it will effectively hide the clasp when he needs to.

"Works better too."

Noticing Bern has one too, he asks either of them, "I guess different types will have different ranks?"

Neptune #976143 Fri 19/07/19 12:13 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He smiled as his friend accepted his 'sign'. He waited for Reidoth to continue the explanations, he =was= the senior member and was the one that initiated this.

MikeD
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,433
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy