Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Message Gaming
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (KenSeg, Zeim, MikeD), 3 guests, and 26 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games List
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Games List.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Wed 23/10/19 12:04 UTC
Wed 23/10/19 12:04 UTC
M
MikeD Online content

Administrator
MikeD  Online Content

Administrator
M
<C.F. Frost>

"Go ahead and begin. But be careful. There have been way too many problems to be coincidence." He continued to explore the problems where he was. He wanted to find evidence to support his suspicion.

MikeD
Tue 12/11/19 21:08 UTC
Tue 12/11/19 21:08 UTC
Muddy Offline OP

Ooze-based life form
Muddy  Offline OP

Ooze-based life form
Volli

Jessica sits up and grabbing Volli briefly in an embrace she pulls her close whispering “for the moment, yes”

“Great heaven above” is Brother Justinian’s reaction as Jessica first opens her eyes and then sits up from her bed to. He looks over to you, perhaps for the first time genuinely surprised and…..smiling.

“Apparently the Pancreator does indeed move in mysterious ways – I have no idea what you have done but well done. And thank you.”

He turns to Jessica holding up the spare emergency vac suit he had collected earlier, trying to attach meaning to Volli’s last words and especially with the mention of Duke Fedor. He seems content to let that remain unexplained for the moment as he says to Jessica

“That doesn’t however mean you are not still in big trouble young lady and we are going to have a long talk when this is done. How are you feeling”

“Like I’ve been on a long, long walk” she replies “and hungry”

Anna and Justinian look at each other and then back to you at your last question.

“Sister Marion has told me lots of tales about a great many things, but nothing about ‘shards’ - I’m not even sure I know what that really means” replies Jessica

“What an odd question at a time like this” replies Justinian “however given you are apparently now divinely favoured I will answer. I know of one story about a shard, although it was called the Shard of Everywhere not what you said. Its an old folk tale that used to be spun on Byzantium Secundus just after the death of Vladimir the first and only emperor of the Known Worlds took place – about 500 years ago now. Well it was a folk tale until the Church made it clear that the story was ‘in evangelia’ (against the Gospels) which is pretty much code for ‘don’t talk about it unless you want to spend the day with the Temple Avesti when they come to visit.”

Tue 12/11/19 21:29 UTC
Tue 12/11/19 21:29 UTC
Muddy Offline OP

Ooze-based life form
Muddy  Offline OP

Ooze-based life form
Chief Frost

“Proceeding with caution” replies Toby. He and Joshua count each breaker as they go over the link, taking their time on each, possibly a little too slowly.

“Okay that’s breakers 1 and 3” reports Joshua

As he reports the blank screens and other instrumentation in the engine control room change from non-functional to a start-up boot post screens and text that you would expect to see when that equipment is started from cold. Some of the main lighting panels also flicker on.

“Proceeding to breakers 5 and 7” reports Joshua

“Chief” interrupts Toby “that singular core process that’s running - it seems to be speeding up, all main core are now at 100% load, good thing the cooling system is still functioning. It’s now at 84%......85%......86%........”

Aari

“Well I’ll take the less worrying possibility first if I have a choice but honestly that's a new one on me. I’ve never heard of any circumstances where the ships navigation system could be used to disable an entire vessel, that would be a major design flaw in my book – and who would be ‘them’? - I mean I know we may not make that many friends but we are just a small ship at the end of the day there is nothing interesting or important we do that isn’t being done by a thousand other ships over the known worlds.”

He grins at the last part

“Well don’t sell yourself too short – Charioteers offer fellowships too you know, if young Mr Haugen can do one, I’m sure you can. Now why don’t you clarify a little on this theory of yours.

Wed 13/11/19 14:03 UTC
Wed 13/11/19 14:03 UTC
M
MikeD Online content

Administrator
MikeD  Online Content

Administrator
M
<C.F. Frost>

He was glad to see things starting to come back on line ... until the process 'ran amok'. "Hold off Joshua", he called before anything else was turned on. He would have liked to see what was going on with the errant processor, but the cooling was being maxed out. "Shut it down Toby", he said.

Too many problems for coincidence! Someone had sabotaged his ship and based on the extent, it had to have been done when it was in dry dock. But he was going to need some hard evidence before he goes to the Captain.

MikeD
Wed 13/11/19 15:28 UTC
Wed 13/11/19 15:28 UTC
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Gypsy  Offline

Wizop
Administrator
Aari

She shakes her head.

"I don't know Sir. I was just thinking out loud really and I do have odd thoughts from time to time."

She grins sheepishly.

"This 'key' does seem to be Anunnaki. Their thinking is probably alien to us so what we might not be able to apply our reasoning to theirs."

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Muddy 

Newest Members
Kenderlocks, Rae, jixiaolanhe, Altumarret, Quantumphear
141 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums98
Topics2,381
Posts204,035
Members141
Most Online206
Nov 4th, 2012
November
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Message Gaming. DreamLyrics Message Gaming does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy