Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gypsy, Miales), 14 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 73 of 73 1 2 71 72 73
Neptune #970475 Tue 07/05/19 11:24 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

On the way back she starts up the conversation they had started outside the cave.

"I don't know what plans everyone else has now but apart from a couple of loose ends, we seem to have finished our mission for Gundren. I have to return to the city where at least some of us started from but am likely to be seeking other adventures after that. It's just that.."

She blushes slightly.

"..we have been through a lot together and worked well as a team. I was wondering if any of you were interested in doing more together in the future?"

Neptune #970478 Tue 07/05/19 11:35 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
ooc: As an FYI, you'll be starting the next adventure from Phandelin ... and rather soon in game time (as opposed to RL).

-Nep
Neptune #970492 Tue 07/05/19 13:59 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv

The Dragonborn had a duty to fulfil, a report to give, and so declared and undertook to inform Sildar Hallwinter. With Nundro and Gundren both at ostensibly safe locations, he felt at liberty to do so, trusting the others would be ample protection should anything go awry. So, on to the Townmaster's office.

Neptune #970515 Tue 07/05/19 18:23 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

Watching the 'events' once they got back into town, he decides that he isn't all that interested in all the 'emotional action' and goes off to appraise Gundren. He is due an update on the resolution of their 'quest'.

MikeD
Neptune #970523 Tue 07/05/19 18:57 UTC
nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Chandan

He walks alongside the others, in the wilderness, on the trail, on the road, through the streets, picking up the conversation as it occurs.

Using his spear as a walking stick, Chandan nods his agreement to Jaliera, not taking his eyes off the way ahead.

"Yes. From you all, I have learned many things on this journey.

"From Jaliera and Davroar, I have seen how love blossoms like a flower in spring. What a beauty it is. Since leaving my mountain, I have dwelt long on preventing evil. But I had forgotten that goodness is not just fighting evil. Goodness is life itself."

He sighs and sings to himself for a minute.

"Ryssa has taught me that the power of the gods is not wielded by the gods, but by us men and women. And so, the will of the gods is not their own, but answers to ours. And so the fate of the world is in our hands.

"Kriv, from you I have learnt that even the harshest justice can be fair, and even the unfairest, softest justice can at times still be just. And so for justice to work one must have faith in it."

"Yet Bern has taught me, that sometimes one must look before they leap, that to place no value on your own life is, however well intentioned, an abuse of this precious gift."

Chandan ponders at length, about all the things he's learned from the others in the party too, even those who'd died.

"Butch, my loyal beast of burden, taught me that when facing a dragon you should always cover your ass."

Twizzling a lock of his hair, the old monk finally gets to the point.

"I will travel with you to Phandelin, I think. Then I must return to the east once more...

"But first I need a drink."

Neptune #970538 Tue 07/05/19 20:02 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

Kriv makes his way over to the Townmaster hall and walks on in. He isn't surprised to see either of the two people that are there. Harbin Webster, the deposed town master, is arguing with Sildar, the person that removed him from office. As Kriv walks in, Sildar simply walks away from the rotund town master, totally ignoring him, and makes his way over to Kriv and extends his arm to greet him.

"Hey! I was talking to you!" Harbin squawks.

This doesn't faze the grizzled warrior in the slightest. It's as if Webster wasn't there.

"Kriv, it's good to see you. How did it go?" he asks.

Some things are already apparent to Sildar. First, there is no prisoner. That means that the Spider had either died or escaped. Second, he was alone and is bandaged. There were battles. He did not know if Kriv was the only one to survive the mission.

-Nep
Neptune #970612 Wed 08/05/19 11:02 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv

As ever, the Dragonborn Redknife was thorough and focused on the task, covering the salient points as a matter of priority.

"The mission was a success. The Spider is dead, slain on the verge of escaping. A lethal arrow to the chest, toppling into the waters of the wave echo cave. Nundro Rockseeker is alive and safe: He was with Halia Thornton at the Miner's Exchange and in the company of my colleagues when I parted ways to come here. I regret to report that Thundren Rockseeker was slain prior to our arrival at the site. At Nundro's behest, we erected a cairn for him there. The Forge of Spells has been located."

Neptune #970646 Wed 08/05/19 17:37 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
Sildar
"I am relieved that the main objectives have been met. I am assuming that the mines completely secured, cleared out and safe. As for the Black Spider, we really needed to know what he was up to. There must have been something behind his efforts. Was he working alone?"

-Nep
Neptune #970654 Wed 08/05/19 17:55 UTC
Ryssa

The follower of Lathander smiled at the elderly monk and covered her mouth as if hiding an incipient laugh.

"And from you, my friend," she said to Chandan when the monk paused, "I have learned how to laugh."

She patted Chandan's shoulder.

"I would like to buy you a drink or three. It would be an honor."

Neptune #970660 Wed 08/05/19 19:35 UTC
AJ Offline
Kriv

"We prioritised rescuing Nundro, as discussed beforehand. I cannot guarantee the mines are cleared, we did not eliminate every passage and chamber, and those we did clear on at least one occasion became re-infested in a matter of minutes. We fulfilled our mandate, but further expeditions are advisable. There was a doppelganger that the Spider was relying upon to tow a raft through the wave echo cave, which was suggestive of an unknown outlet through the water leading to parts unknown, a way out and thus potentially an unsecured way in that we lacked the wherewithal to reach and seal."

Neptune #970663 Wed 08/05/19 20:49 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

"Well, water always goes ... 'somewhere', so there is a possible exit that way. We might want to pass along that information as well as the fact that there are still plenty dangers here. The cubes are still here, for example."

MikeD
Neptune #970727 Thu 09/05/19 04:15 UTC
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: I'm fine with whomever is joining Kriv with Sildar. If you are heading somewhere in particular that is not in this post, let me know so that I can set it up for you.

The Stonehill Inn
Those who accompanied Nundro to reunite with his brother followed him to the Stonehill Inn. The sight of the inn got his little feet moving and he practically ran into the common room. Sliding to a stop he surveyed the place and then his eyes locked on his brother Gundren. Gundren turned to see what the commotion was and suddenly the two rushed towards each other and locked in an embrace that lasted an eternity.

Midway through the embrace Gundren slumped. Nundro had whispered to Gundren the bad news about his brother Tharden. Nundro held is brother tight and the two of them shared a weep.

Finally they detached and Gundren wipes away the tears from his eyes with his shirt sleeve. "My friends. Thank you for bringing Nundro back to me. It is a debt I can't repay. But a round of drinks is a good start. I need one I think."

-Nep
Neptune #970738 Thu 09/05/19 10:55 UTC
Wizop
Administrator
Online Content
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She heads to the inn to see the brothers reunited. A touching scene but one that makes everything worthwhile. Good to see even though it is tinged with sadness.

Neptune #970746 Thu 09/05/19 12:54 UTC
M
M
<Bern>

He was looking forward to getting back to the forest, but he decided to wait until they had gotten Nundro home. There was a small hint of a smile on his face when the brothers were reunited. He accepted the offer of a drink. He could head out a little later.

MikeD
Neptune #970790 Thu 09/05/19 20:31 UTC
Ryssa

The cleric stood just inside the door and watched the reunion of the two brothers, smiling slightly but wishing there was some way they could have brought back the third brother.

Her smile widened a bit at the offer of a drink and she moved forward along with her friend, the ranger, and availed herself of a glass of wine.

Neptune #970825 Fri 10/05/19 06:39 UTC
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Going to the Inn with the rest of their group he is happy to see that they managed to reunite at least two of the brothers. The smell of food makes his mouth water and remarks with a smile on his face, "Got a bear-sized empty stomach too!"

Page 73 of 73 1 2 71 72 73

Moderated by  Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,814
Posts139,429
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy