Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Message Gaming
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Angrboða, Dugan), 2 guests, and 27 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games List
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Games List.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
Wed 19/06/19 20:45 UTC
Wed 19/06/19 20:45 UTC
Muddy Offline OP

Ooze-based life form
Muddy  Offline OP

Ooze-based life form
“You know” adds Lysander who was otherwise going about his duties “I read once that sometimes an event or trauma that otherwise causes no physical injury can weigh so heavy on the mind that the its effect is much the same as being injured.

Maybe some past event has suddenly manifested itself, something so terrible that the battle is in her head rendering her body inert. They used to know about this stuff all the time in the golden age but now only fragments or locked away by the church - no offence intended sister it’s a statement of fact nothing more.

It’s a shame you can’t climb inside her head and help her from in there, if I’m right it’s a battle she appears to be fighting on her own.”

He stops for a second

“I hear that sometimes talking to unconscious patients sometimes helps, but no one really knows for sure. I can’t see that singing is really any different plus is drowns out all the noises from the ship. You don’t notice them after a while but its surprising how noisy things really are when you get the rare chance to really quieten your mind.

Smiling he adds

“If any of this is helping by the way my hourly rate is quite reasonable.”

Thu 20/06/19 16:13 UTC
Thu 20/06/19 16:13 UTC
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Gypsy  Offline

Wizop
Administrator
Aari

It might be foresight, it might be instinct but she feels the sister should try.

"Try again anyway. What harm can it do?"

Tue 25/06/19 00:26 UTC
Tue 25/06/19 00:26 UTC
Wolf Offline
Wolf  Offline
Volli

How could I not realize
That all this time

You've been here every day
Right by my side

Through the best ... through the worst
Through every tear

I have found my way again
Because you're here

Volli just tilted her head. She understood all of what was said, especially the words of the medic. His first recommendation, it was common knowledge for ages; just because you were asleep, shut off from the world, it didn't mean you couldn't hear - the call of home, the warmth of those that cared for you and missed you so.

And the second. it also made tremendous sense, as another way of looking at things. Though if she had to bet, she still would place what coin she had on the vorox, on Vesh, because his insight matched the glimpse she had had before. That didn't mean that Lysander was not also correct - the Pancreator's call was most certainly tempting, and the struggle between promises mortal and divine was something she didn't understand at all, so she could only trust.

trust ... meant faith. and faith was territory unknown, a country undiscovered.

So she sat down next to Sister Anna.

Dvasha she set in the younger girls arms, settling the balalaika in comfortably and correct. She placed one hand quiet and still upon his strings.

a candle in the window ...

And for her, the wolf princess sang.

acappella ...

Davasha you helped get her lost. She looked so happy playing.

Acapella, and what was missing was a harmony. Maybe she'd hear, maybe she'd realize something was missing, and maybe she'd join in ...

Oh please
I wish that we could stay like this

'cause whenever you are near
I can feel a warmth within my heart

Promise you won't let go
Even just a little hope
'Cause I know the sun will rise again

On the two of us ...

Sun 14/07/19 20:45 UTC
Sun 14/07/19 20:45 UTC
Muddy Offline OP

Ooze-based life form
Muddy  Offline OP

Ooze-based life form
(OOC – okay my re-reading of this scene to me makes this a nice point to ‘fade out’ the scene as either the end of this day or to cover the next 5 or so days its going to take to get to the gate, continuing in the ‘gate arrival’ thread now set up and running. How you want to spend the this time is up to your characters.

Wolf and Gypsy you still have one important bit left to do in respect to helping Jessica over the next 5 days, noting that in the gate arrival thread she is still catatonic at that point.

Mike aside from keeping things running you will in character be familiar with the ‘boredom’ phase of transit to the gate (as the Charioteers call it) because from your perspective the ship is running well enough that there isn’t much for you or your team to do apart from the occasional repair or routine maintenance. For you the only recurring issue is that the ships think machine (the ships main computer in this setting seems to be a little erratic, well within allowable margins but suggesting that like an old laptop there is a great deal of ‘junk’ files and software that is probably impacting on its performance – the system is at least 800+ years old, you will have come across this issue before.

Let me know how you would like to proceed, for training purposes you can bump any 4 existing skills (learned or natural) you have been using up by one OR acquire two new learned skills at the rank of 2 – these must be things you have had the time to learn. Any specifics not covered by this just PM me on your character PM’s).

Mon 15/07/19 00:00 UTC
Mon 15/07/19 00:00 UTC
M
MikeD Offline

Administrator
MikeD  Offline

Administrator
M
[[ Sooo ... seems like the perfect time to 'investigate' the on-going 'sabotage' that seems to have been plaguing to =his= ship!! <g> Lemme know if you wanna play any of that out. ]]

MikeD
Fri 19/07/19 17:08 UTC
Fri 19/07/19 17:08 UTC
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Gypsy  Offline

Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Not sure what you are suggesting we do for Jessica as obviously our actions will not have any effect? wink Will consider the training options and let you know. ]

Fri 19/07/19 17:13 UTC
Fri 19/07/19 17:13 UTC
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Gypsy  Offline

Wizop
Administrator
[OOC OK considering what she has been doing I would like to increase Aari's gunnery (ship weapons), investigation, repair basic and Zero G, though I am not sure which Shooting skill covers Gunnery? smile ]

Sat 20/07/19 15:59 UTC
Sat 20/07/19 15:59 UTC
Wolf Offline
Wolf  Offline
Volli

... thine struggles are but temporary ...

Sister Ekaterina simply let the last chords fade, fade into the silence of the medical bay. She too was still, making no sound, so similar to the apocryphal cathedral Rodentia upon a solemn hour. So quiet that eventually, the whir of the ship's mechanical system, the chirps of the medical equipment, the faint pulse of Sister Anna's breathing became incredibly loud.

She lifted her head, eye half narrowed.

"Aye, Pancreator. We should have listened to your judgment the first time, certainly the second time and what manner of your followers are we to have expected a different answer upon the third?"

Her head then slowly turned.

"It is obvious, is it not?"

Her words were quiet and even.

"Once, just once we were close, we were able to just barely reach our lost comrade.

"It is obvious, isn't it, that it was not my songs, it was not my mundane skills that were able to make that happen.

"So it must have been you."

Her gaze was focused on the wild haired member of the crew. Her gaze was upon Aari.

"Are you going to abandon this young girl?

"It is your turn now."

... thine quitting is but for eternity
Omega Bible Stella 3:16

Sun 21/07/19 09:43 UTC
Sun 21/07/19 09:43 UTC
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Gypsy  Offline

Wizop
Administrator
[OOC Is Lysander still with us? Obviously that will affect Aari's response wink ]

Tue 23/07/19 07:42 UTC
Tue 23/07/19 07:42 UTC
Muddy Offline OP

Ooze-based life form
Muddy  Offline OP

Ooze-based life form
(OOC - proceed on the basis that Lysander is either in the isolation section at the back of the med bay (he wont be able to hear you unless you are shouting) or that this conversation takes place somewhere suitably out of earshot if not in the med bay itself).

Tue 23/07/19 11:12 UTC
Tue 23/07/19 11:12 UTC
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Gypsy  Offline

Wizop
Administrator
Aari

"Me?"

A look of surprise is on her face.

"What I was trying to do was to find out what happened to your cabins, how the 'accident' occurred.. which I didn't. Never had an experience like that before, no idea what was happening or how to control it, so I am not sure what else I can do."

She shrugs but then head on one side she looks at the little priestess.

"But no, I don't want to give up on her. Give me a minute to think."

Then she pauses.

"Can you tell me about your instrument? I think it may be Annunaki. I'm really interested in the old tech and it may have a bearing on what I try."

Sun 28/07/19 01:08 UTC
Sun 28/07/19 01:08 UTC
Wolf Offline
Wolf  Offline
Volli

"Dvadtsat'odin is mine."

Sister Ekaterina spoke those words solemnly as if to ensure the most important matter was settled straight off.

"And in the same manner, I am his."

That proved that it was not just common ownership of a thing, but the two were some manner of partners.

"His name is older than starflight, and whether or not he too is that ancient is a matter of conjecture. That he is passed from master to apprentice is a given. Indeed, he was first set in my lap when I was too small to hold him properly and had no idea of his age and history. But he let me play him, and we both sang in tune. That may sound simple, but it is not. Things as old as he is develop personalities over time. Dvasha does not play idle entertainments; if one's song does not have something to say, he goes out of tune very very fast.

"On the other hand, when he gets grumpy I can, in turn, threaten to twist his pegs."

She set the balalaika upwards in her lap. Possessive, protective and as one might hold a member of one's family.

"He is certainly involved in what happened, but perhaps more as a catalyst than an active participant.

"As for you, it is not a matter of what you might theoretically be able to do.

"It is a matter of what you actually did."

Mon 29/07/19 13:47 UTC
Mon 29/07/19 13:47 UTC
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Gypsy  Offline

Wizop
Administrator
Aari

She shakes her head.

"All I did was try to look back to see what might have happened in the cabins. Instead of what I expected, I saw you and the little priestess and a series of portals. No idea what that was. No idea if it was initiated by me. No idea how to do it again."

She shrugs.

"I was thinking of trying to look forward instead. No idea if it will tell us anything, or if it will work, but it is the only thing I can think of."

Sun 11/08/19 22:58 UTC
Sun 11/08/19 22:58 UTC
Muddy Offline OP

Ooze-based life form
Muddy  Offline OP

Ooze-based life form
(OOC- at an appropriate moment Lysander will point out that shift change is due soon and he has to brief up the person taking over from him. He suggests you both may want to grab the opportunity to take a break especially as its going to be ships dinner time soon).

Sun 18/08/19 14:29 UTC
Sun 18/08/19 14:29 UTC
Wolf Offline
Wolf  Offline
Volli

"The Pancreator helps those who help themselves."

It was one of the most ancient proverbs.

"You don't seem to understand. A girl's life is at stake. The future of this ship is at stake. You need to stop thinking in terms of what you cannot do, but in what you can do. You have to stop letting the world push you around like a piece of flotsam on the water. I may be a priestess and I used to be a minstrel, but I am not here for your entertainment.

"You need to take responsibility for your own actions."

The Priestess drew herself up.

"That would be a good step forward.

"You should have taken that step instead of shrugging your shoulders.

"I should not be the one to tell you this.

"Do it."

Fri 30/08/19 19:58 UTC
Fri 30/08/19 19:58 UTC
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Gypsy  Offline

Wizop
Administrator
Aari

"I will try.. but I am perhaps too used to being flotsam.."

She takes her dark glasses out of her tool kit and slips them on. She reaches out to take the small priestess's hand and focuses her mind on the time beyond them.

Sun 08/09/19 16:00 UTC
Sun 08/09/19 16:00 UTC
Muddy Offline OP

Ooze-based life form
Muddy  Offline OP

Ooze-based life form
That mix of mystery and anticipation as you both take chosen actions rises then falls just as quickly and you find yourself much as you had been moments before and in a state as unchanged as the sterile room around you.

Individually you both have this slightly hollow feeling in that moment nagging away at your thoughts - something is missing, some part of what had passed before not being present like standing before a closed door but with no handle to open it.

Sun 08/09/19 16:31 UTC
Sun 08/09/19 16:31 UTC
Wolf Offline
Wolf  Offline
Volli

The priestess places Dvadtsat'odin next to Sister Anna. It's the best she can do, since lying down, Sister Anna doesn't have a lap. Small hands are placed on the balalaika's strings.

Mon 09/09/19 18:05 UTC
Mon 09/09/19 18:05 UTC
Gypsy Offline

Wizop
Gypsy  Offline

Wizop
Administrator
Aari

She looks around, mentally recollecting what she saw before and comparing that to what she sees now, trying to determine what has changed.

Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20

Moderated by  Muddy 

Newest Members
Rae, jixiaolanhe, Altumarret, Quantumphear, LadyJinx
140 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,457
Posts206,018
Members140
Most Online206
Nov 4th, 2012
September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Message Gaming. DreamLyrics Message Gaming does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy