Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (LaBerge, Pandemonium), 29 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#999666 Wed 16/09/20 16:34 UTC
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
A rather plain but large basement room, the walls obviously thick and reinforced. They arrive here by going down an elevator shaft. The walls show signs of soot scars and other markings.

Present are Mariel, Carver and Grey.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

Ben, dressed in a pair of sweats and a t-shirt, stepped through the elevator doors and stopped to look around.

"So is this where I get my blindfold and last cigarette?" he joked, glancing at the others.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel

“Don’t start that habit. Unless you’re Kemp, it’s a deadly one.”

She smirks slightly.

Carver
“We’re going to test you. Specifically, Mariel and I. We’re pretty sure your abilities lie within our domains, or at least have some connections to the same things we tap. From your parents, we would have to say your abilities Most likely lie in the areas of apportation and manipulation of the weak force of gravity. We believe that the same energy that Mariel taps into may have a connection to what you do. Down here .”

Mariel takes out a small item from a chain on her neck and applies it to the bracelet, which comes off.

“This is far enough down that you are not apporting out of here. I also rather suspect that you need to know where you are going. But down here, we want to figure out what you can do, get it registered, and get that out of the way. Then you will no longer have that hanging over your head for your future plans.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"No problem. I can teleport and manipulate gravity as you would expect given my parents. I am also a bit stronger and tougher than normal due to working out for years in high G environment. Dad said it would give me an edge if I couldn't use my abilities and he was right. Made sports a bit easier too." he said with a faint smile.

"Okay, so what do you want first?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carver:

“Gravity manipulation, you say. So how do you sense gravity to manipulate it, do you see it as a wave, do you feel it ... how do you interact?”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"I see it. Not all of the time of course. Only when I want to such as this." he said and his eyes turn from their blue to all black with tiny specs of silver in them. Whirling galaxys of light deep within and he raises a hand and almost caresses the air. They can feel a heavy weight press down on them for a moment before disappearing as he smiles and his eyes clear back to their cheerful blue color.

Last edited by KenSeg; Fri 18/09/20 02:03 UTC.
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carver:

“Indeed. I could negate that, at least on a personal level. But effective. Range?”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He paused before he spoke.

"How much detail is needed for registration? It is never a good idea to let anyone know all of your secrets."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Grey

“Ben ... at this point those particular secrets are no longer an option. You can call it unfair, rail against the stars - but the fact remains. You effectively no longer have those options, if you ever really did. As much as me, you have to be registered- in full. I suppose you could try lying, but in the long run that would not be a wise choice. I suspect you know this.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"No railing ma'am, just wise council. I don't plan on following my father's path but he left enemies out there and a full accounting of what I am capable of is not exactly something I am eager to have recorded. None the less if that is what has to be. My effective range at this point is approximately two miles. The further away that I exert my power the more it takes from me of course."

He held up a hand.

"And before you ask, I have no idea just how many G's of force that I can utilize. I have not experimented to find my upper limit yet."

Last edited by KenSeg; Fri 18/09/20 18:11 UTC.
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carver:

“Fair enough. How about area? A small zone, or a large area of control? And as far as you can tell does your other ability seem to connect to the first - does your apportation connect to your gravity control?”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Pretty much what you would expect. The wider the area that I am covering the more it takes out of me and the more difficult it is to get to the higher G forces. I find the more efficient method is to connect a person to the earth and increase it just on them or to change the direction of gravity pull by creating a gravity well."

"Teleporting is from my mother and seems to be independent of my gravity control."

He glanced over at Grey and appeared next to her.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Carver:

He notes Carver almost immediately standing with his hands outstretched as if ready, albeit not having done anything yet.

Grey:

She quite calmly turns towards him.

“I see. I recommend in the future you avoid attempting to surprise me in this particular manner.”

She tilts her head.

“Two separate talents with differing mechanisms are quite unusual. Usually when there are multiple talents there is some connection in their ‘engine’.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He looked from Grey to Carver and sighed, shaking his head.

"You asked about my teleporting so I just did an example. I don't think that I have done anything to give you cause to think I am about to go Norman Bates on you guys."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Grey

“Indeed not. Just a life lesson that it is likely not a good thing to surprise powered individuals. Some might not show restraint, and most can be deadly if they so choose. Were there any real concern, I am sure Mr. Carver would have his hands crackling with energy rather than striking that ridiculous pose from a comic book. Really, Samuel.”

Carver shrugs his shoulders sheepishly.

Mariel

“I am mainly curious as to the mechanism. It isn’t the obvious one for a teleport.”

She looks him over.

“So how rapidly can you go again after your first attempt?“

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Sat 19/09/20 02:40 UTC.
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He chuckled a little at the comic pose of Mr. Carver, glad for the slight tension release. Mariel's question has him turning his attention towards her and shrugging.

"Fairly quick. At least at first. I start getting tired after five or six jumps. But then, like I said, we were mostly concentrating on my gravametrics."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel:

"We will have to correct that, I think. An unexplored ability is a danger to yourself, and possibly to others. Do you feel anything in the space between when you port?"\"

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"No, to me there is no passage of time. From one blink of the eye to the next and I am where I was looking. Mother could teleport anywhere she had seen or been ever, miles and miles away. I can only go as far as I can see right then so in a foggy street that is about two feet. Out in a nice meadow it is pretty far." he said, shrugging.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel:

“We will have to see about where that stands.”

Grey:

“We have a classification for you, and a registration, I think. It can be amended later, but given what is known about your parents and what you have demonstrated, we can register you. You will be able to access your registration to look at it as soon as it is approved through Eidolon. Do you have any questions regarding the process?”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Does it become accessible to the general public? What about universities? Trying to figure out if this is going to be a problem for my college admissions." he asked, brushing his hands off on his pants.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Grey:

“Not just everybody, no. Places that have a need to know, yes. I don’t see why it would be a problem with college admissions. There are some places which might object. There are others that would consider a powered individual a boon. Your powers are unlikely to, themselves, be an issue.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Yes, but my power set might lead one to my parentage. I imagine that not all of the universities that I have an interest in might like to have the son of my parents attend." he said, shrugging.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Grey:

"Not all. That is true. But sometimes there are things you can't get past. Unfortunately, this is one of them. Still, if that is the direction you wish to go it should be possible to get there."

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He nodded and looked to the others.

"Is there anything else this morning? That is the extent of my abilities aside from the slightly increased strength and endurance that I mentioned."

Last edited by KenSeg; Sun 20/09/20 14:08 UTC.
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
carver

“No. Nothing further. If you like, you can start a few tests to see where you sit in lesson plans. We have a few ready for you, based on what you hav etold us.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Art in the Blood 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Zeim
Member Spotlight
TennesseeMaiden
TennesseeMaiden
Tiptonville, TN
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,841
Posts140,720
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy