Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Mina, Dugan), 15 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel:

“Half sisters. Never was very close. Never wanted to be. Frankly, they scared me. I looked for every excuse I could to be elsewhere. When the ones who picked me up went to find them at home, they were no longer there. Don’t know what happened in the interim. But I sympathize, Anne.”

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Wed 09/09/20 23:29 UTC.
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She looked carefully at Mariel. She said nothing. She didn't want to upset the good thing she had going and it was nice to have someone to talk to. But Anne wasn't sure she wanted sympathy either. There was some old joke about where to find it in the dictionary, and she didn't want to find any of the three things.

"I am not sure what I want, but I do appreciate having someone to talk to. I was alone growing up as you can well imagine."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel:

“Yes. I imagine they didn’t really let the two of you talk to eachother much if at all. Didn’t want to lose control.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

"Each other? Who do you mean?" Her brows furrowed as she tried to think of who she might mean.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel

“You are Nyx’s daughter. Alchemy also has a daughter.”

She says carefully.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

An involuntary shudder passed down her spine. "My mother was crazy, but at least she was a mother in some form. I don't know what Alchemy was like really. I met her a few times. I knew that she and Nyx were something to each other. But I didn't realize that she had a daughter too."

She shook her head "I am betting she was at the event we both were and she is here now." She closed her eyes and concentrated for a moment. Peri doesn't know that she has powers, that wouldn't fit Alchemy. Dash is broken in some way. That seemed more like that experiment guy.

"She is wearing extra special jewelry isn't she?" She smiled. Yes that made sense. But why did she end up with the thing. "Is the ankle thing a monitor or a damper? Or both?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“Alchemy ... is as near to a sociopath as I can imagine. Cold, manipulative, narcissistic, completely amoral. Or that is the girl that I saw back then and I have no reason to believe she has changed.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

"I don't know. But since she and Nyx were working together I am pretty sure that you are pretty right."

"Does she know who I am?" She wondered if that would be a good or bad thing?

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel:

“I am not quite sure. I am trying to tread carefully here as I don’t know how she might react. I wasn’t sure how you would react. I want to bring it up slowly.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She smiled "I just don't get your concern. To potentially homicidal super beings in an unfamiliar situation with unfamiliar people. What could go wrong?" She laughed lightly, but it was obviously forced.

"I have a memory of meeting a girl, once, long ago, but at that time I didn't know auntie psychopath very well. Not saying I do now, but having been around crazy mom Nyx, I suspect she was even more dangerous. Her powers were very very odd, and that would make almost anyone act differently given what they could do."

"I am ok with her knowing or not knowing as the case may be. I have to make a new life, and this place is where I am for now. That means I have to learn to live with the people that are here. The other option is a deep dark hole, and that isn't my first choice. I guess I am saying take your time, feel it out and she can learn of me when she is ready. For now I will remain Anne, and not mention mom in any case at all. I really don't want most people to know that my mother was Nyx, that will kind of bias their view points. Don't ya think?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Anne - we have parentage ranging from Enkidu to Innana, Darkstar, Blink ... I don’t think your parents define you here. You are who you are.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She smiled a forlorn kind of a thing. Tilting her head to the side she said "that may be true, but in its own way it is naive. Perception is part of one's view point, which steams from what one has learned. So to associate Nyx with me, is to color one's view point of who I might be. Yes I can overcome that point of view in time with effort. But it will alter things just because it is now present in their minds. I know it will come out at some point, but I suspect like the other daughter, they are keeping it close to the vest to avoid exactly that kind of a influence. Don't you think?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel:

“Perhaps. Not an option I had at any rate. I even had a codename. ‘Trouble’. I was perhaps a bit willful.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

"You probably know my given name. But I haven't shared it here for multiple reasons. One I am not the person that my mother wanted me to be. This may not be my first choice in the direction my life was going to go, but this is a new start. Another reason is that my mother might not have been killed and she will certainly come looking for vengeance. Should I be that target, I doubt a name change would protect me, but it does offer protection here from preconceptions of who or what I am."

"I'll admit I am operating out my own naive little bubble, but much of what I know has been beaten into me with a very large club. Some comes from family knowledge having wealth means everyone wants to stick their hands in your pockets. I understand that this place is different and you don't operate that way, which is why I made my offer. I wish to be different than my mother in that manner. She took what she wanted without regard for anything else."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel:

“I almost went by Carmen. But I decided my name was one of the few things father gave me that I wanted to keep. And Anne, I want to assure you wether it comforts you or not, she will get you over my cold dead body. I can assure you I can still be troublesome.”

Her face was dead serious.

“As for your given name, actually I do not. Grey could have had it off you, but she isn’t going to do that.”

She pauses again a moment longer.

“Anne, if you wish to pay your way and can do so I will not stop you, but as of right now, things are paid for.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She considered for a long time and said "as long as it is in the strictest of confidence, my given name is Tenebra. Yes just one name, like a bad rock star."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel:

"Father didn't generally go for the theatrical when naming his offspring, even if he did it himself. I was Mariel. Then there were the other two. They chose their names themselves. Personally thought it was a load of pretentious rot even then, but hey, what did sixteen year old me know?"

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

"I believe my mother felt that a name should invoke the feelings in your opponents that she desired. I suppose that is partly why I chose Anne. To spit in her eye even if it wasn't literal.

"In my own viewpoint a name is important, but I am not out to intimidate someone into fear. I don't know what I want my name to say of me, but for now, I need the other name in my past. I don't know what to do with it, and I certainly don't want to be influenced by it. Naive as that sounds, since it obviously is affecting my choices." She shrugged.

"I should let you get to whatever it is you need to do, so that you can rest. Let me know if you get supervision or protections in place and want to see what happens if or even if I can offer energy back to you. I am curious too."

She didn't stand though, it wasn't clear she was ready to go as her words had said.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel

She puts down the cup of tea after another sip, then looks across and meets her eyes.

“Anne, I am here as long as you need it, if you have something to say get it off your mind. I’m not sure I’m sleeping easily tonight even after I go to bed. Please, talk.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She looked at her for a moment. "I am really not sure what to say. So many conflicting thoughts are warring in my brain. I never had a mother like some did and I can't say I missed it, because I didn't know it. You understand the painful feelings just rolling inside without anyone to share it with, ta shoulder to cry on?"

"I just want to know things. Like did Nyx survive? Why do I want to know? I can't answer that, I really don't know. Maybe because for whatever it is, she was my mother. Am I glad she is gone? Oh yeah. Pain is not a bed fellow I want and I do know it.

"I guess my biggest concern at the moment is what will I do when I am confronted. I intend to be good, but I know what my mother was like. She lashed out for no reason I could see from time to time. If I am provoked, what will I do? I just don't have the confidence to know that it will all be ok. Even though you say it will be, and I didn't kill when I could have. I still just don't know. That scares me. I don't want to tell that to anyone else, you understand. You are listening, but it still fills me with fear like my mother were standing over me yelling at me to do something.

"Does that make any sense?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel

“My mother died in birthing me, so I never knew her. Who knows, perhaps her presence might have led to father being different? My second ‘mother’ - now she never liked me. She was vying for favor for her offspring. I was never close. Of course, given time she died as well. So I never really ‘had’ a mother in any real sense, so perhaps I am a bit vague on that feeling. All I had was father, and father was a different story. He tried to mold me, and almost succeeded save for the fact that I got myself a conscience from some damn place or another.”

She pauses again.

“Anne, if I were to tell you I can guarantee everything will be alright, I would be a liar. I’m not going to lie to you. What I can say to you is that it is my intention, our intention, to try to give you the tools you need to be able to make decisions you are comfortable with when the time comes. At times, I might make you really mad at me. But my goal is the same. Every day is a new fight. Try to take one more step forward than you take back and see what happens.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

"Your father was probably like my mother, other than Nyx was cray cray in the most obvious way.

"As far as what the future will do, or bring? I agree one step at a time. I have trepidation, but who wouldn't?

"I think I will go stick my head in the sand for a bit. Possibly learn about the others that are here in my new environment. They will be as much of this social experiment. I have hopes as well.

"Good talk," she said finally. Her eyes shone with a little more comfort then they had earlier.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Mariel:

“Yes, it was. I am glad we had it. If you need anything, my door is, as it were, open.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She straightens "one step forward," she says over her shoulder with a small light tone, to go with her half smile. She moves towards the door and unless stopped, she exits.

[OOC: Fade?]

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
[fade. Welcome to join girls dorm if wished. Some point over the next couple I’m likely advancing a day and starting some new things unless someone has something the particularly want to set up first. Likely when I’m off on tues or wed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Art in the Blood 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Gypsy
Gypsy
Pidley, Cambs, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,816
Posts139,485
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy