Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 30 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
kittens
kittens
Peri

“How did I not notice? How?” she wasn’t really talking to Lady Grey. She wasn’t really listening either, just talking to herself as she tried to work things out.

“If I’d known, I... I could have helped him. Could have stopped him or talked him out of it. It’s my fault he killed those people, because I didn’t notice and didn’t stop him.”

She started to pick at the skin around her nails, brow furrowed with intense concentration.

“Must be something to do with my mother. She died right around the time I was born. She’s the only thing he ever cared about.

Continuing to pick at the skin next to her nails - a tiny bead of blood welling up.

“It all comes down to her. Whoever she was. That’s what broke him. He always said. I’m not half the person she was. Not half. Not a quarter.”

She crossed her arms on the table and buried her head in her arms. Finally something Lady Grey said got through the haze.

“No. No, it’s not right. The machine must be broken. I’m not extraordinary. I’m not even ordinary. I’m the wadded up chewing gum stuck to the bottom of ordinary’s shoe. I’m nothing.”

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus

Grey:

“I would have to guess, without context that you are potentially in the same strata that Nyx or Alchemy, Cyclone, and Primus occupy. Of course the practicality Is up in the air depending on what you do. If I had to guess, it lies in either in the realm of telepathy or empathy, or it is a meta ability. An ability that effects other abilities. Powers often, if not always, relate to those of the parents. Especially if there are two powered parents.”

She pauses. Your conjectures are right, and it’s a twisted and complicated story. Perhaps one you are not ready yet to hear all of at the moment. But it will not be hidden from you, because you deserve to know.”

kittens
kittens
Peri

“I found his hit list. Not early enough to stop anything. Found it tonight.”

Her voice was still flat, almost completely devoid of emotion.

“If I’d looked in that specific spot before now, maybe... But when I saw it, I knew there was something. Was going to run away. At least for long enough to clear my head. So I guess I wouldn’t have tried to stop him. I’d have run.”

The names were seared into her mind.

“Shatterpoint, Mirror, Timbre, Ice, Gigawatt. He’d already got to the first three. The other two... can you tell them? Let them know that they were on his list, but he’s locked away? Just... if he gets out, I don’t want them to be caught by surprise when he comes after them.”

Her voice suddenly grew quieter.

“They probably already know.”

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“Yes. They do.”

She says quietLy.

“They have been informed.”

“What we are talking about now, however, is you. Your future. You do have one. You are not, naturally, going to prison as such. You are not a criminal. You are, however, both without a parent and not of an age of majority. You also happen to be potentially very dangerous. That combination is going to lead to you being, for now, a ward of the state. We do, however, have a school. It’s ... special for the children in this sort of ... difficult situation.”

kittens
kittens
Peri

“Sure,” she said almost inaudibly.

It had to be better than the school she’d gone to before.

“Please, just... take care of him. Get him sober.”

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“They will ... try. He still has people who care for him from his old life, despite everything.”

She might’ve notice her voice is studiously neutral here.

“Meanwhile, I think you need perhaps some dinner and then a good night’s sleep. It has most assuredly been much too long of a day.”

kittens
kittens
Peri

She nodded silently, lost in thought.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
She can, when she wishes, wake up and possibly ,move to the common room.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Art in the Blood 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Zeim
Zeim
Nashville, TN, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,828
Posts140,474
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy