Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
3 members (Dugan, Argus, Phoenix Prime), 23 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

His eyebrow rose a bit at the body morphing, glancing over at Torrence before turning back.

"About a dozen of us now I guess, give or take. A lot of new arrivals like myself. Torrence has been here a bit."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Torrence.

“I think at least one more is incoming soon. Snoring stopped.”

Attached Images
TOrrance.jpg (46.47 KB, 106 downloads)
Last edited by Art in the Blood; Tue 18/08/20 01:13 UTC.
AJ Offline
Lamar

He came over to join them, taking a bite out of his bagel, ruminating thoughtfully. Once he was free to speak again,

“You wouldn’t have thought there’d be all that many of us, given the qualifying criteria. Not exactly a family business in most cases. Has a bit of a whiff of a Petri dish about it, sticking us all together like this and seeing what happens. I’m not exactly a bastion of law and justice, though I can’t speak for the rest of us.”

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Torrence:

“Yah. Things have gone mad recently. At least a few of the Enkidu leftovers have shown up here, and well, a number of things have gone down recently. I think Dash over there in the girls is one of the abandoned lab rats. They’ve been scrambling a bit for sure. I mean, in the last month of so, you have Enkidu going down, rumors of Nyx and Alchemy, my fa, his parents.”

Motions towards Ben.

“Interesting times, mate.”

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Tue 18/08/20 03:09 UTC.
AJ Offline
Lamar

The mention of Enkidu certainly caught his attention for a moment, as much as he was trying to keep a poker face. He looked towards Ben, listening.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
A yawning figure sticks it’s head to it of a door, wearing a t shirt and boxers.
[Linked Image]

“Ah new faces! How ya doing? Paul.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Ben," he replied, nodding to the guy, judging him about his age.

AJ Offline
Lamar

"Lamar," he added. "Glad to not be in a cell, so in that regard, going well so far."

He paused, glancing around at those up and about.

"So, is friendliness the norm, or are there those of a more stark viewpoint around here? Is it respect for what others might be able to do, or genuinely striving to be on the side of the angels, if you'll forgive the rhetoric?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Paul:

“Oh, Norton is a ray of sunshine for example, but if they didn’t think we were at least a little able to not just be violent Jackasses I’m not sure they would have brought us here. Heck, I’m not all sunshine and daisies all the time but really, what can I do?”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"True. I just plan on keeping my head down until I turn 18 and can get on with my life. I should be able to make 9 months of their attempts at indoctrination or whatever." he said, glancing at the clock to see how long until the meeting.

AJ Offline
Lamar

"Yes. 'You do your own time', as the saying goes. No idea how long I'll be in for, though," mused the smaller one, turning back to his coffee introspectively.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Oh? How old are you?" he inquired, glancing at the smaller kid.

AJ Offline
Lamar

A chagrined look from the smaller boy, a weary expression out of keeping with the youthful demeanour.

"That's a question I can't rightly answer. We never tracked birthdays, though I got the impression I was out of sync with the usual progression, and when you're spending so much time out of your baseline form, biology runs into a roadblock. The one person who could tell you is unavailable for the foreseeable future, forever as those who put her there would claim."

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Really, well that is a problem. They have to let us go when we turn 18 and if you don't know how old you are...." he said, leaving it up in the air.

"Need to make them give you a definite age legally."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Paul raises his hand up slightly.

‘Actually, slight problem there. With powered individuals, they’ll have to decide you’re safe to go out into the public. Not the school guys. The Supers system. They don’t think you are, they give you a choice of their supervised program, or staying here until they think you are. Don’t get mad at the school guys, they’re just taking advantage of the laws to put some of us in a better system.”

He shrugs.

“As for Lamar here, that age thing is going to be for the lawyers to hash out. School can’t really define it. They’re still trying to figure it out with Glitch. Erm. I mean H... H... Dash. As well.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"By safe you mean in control of your powers?" he inquired, wanting to make sure his understanding of this was correct.

AJ Offline
Lamar

The smaller boy shook his head, ruefully.

"My control over my powers is pretty top-notch, and that's where the problem lies. A lot of those who came for us at the end vertically went out horizontally. Hopefully to the hospital or a healer. I can't guarantee that."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Paul:

“Well, among other things. They also don’t want anyone they think is going to go psycho and do a lot of damage. Or go right out and become a supervillain or something. If a normal guy goes out and goes bad, can do some damage but, eh. Some of use could do a lot of damage. They don’t like loose cannons where they can avoid it. Keep your nose clean and look like you’re turning into a semi respectable citizen, you probably don’t have a problem.”

He shrugs.

“Beats going into the OTHER system by a long shot.”

He looks over at Lamar.

“I almost guarantee they did. It’s what probably let them claim you.”

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Wed 19/08/20 00:07 UTC.
AJ Offline
Lamar

"I was fighting for my life and my freedom, and I don't fight remotely fair. I wasn't pulling my punches. I wasn't trying to kill anyone, but I can't put my hand on my heart and say I did anything to prevent anyone getting killed. Better that they lived, but I can't claim credit for that, just the harm I chose to cause. I used lethal force indiscriminately, I own up to that, I own that. So, I got lucky, they lived, I skim by the event horizon without crossing thanks to their survival and my apparent age."

A slight shake of the head, exhaling.

"Anyone else get closer to the edge, or do I need to watch my every step all the more?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
‘I think Norton is here because he healed someone back from the brink of death instead of finishing him off.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He doesn't make a comment about what he had or had not done to get here.

"Well gents, I am going to go clean up before the meeting. Don't want my first impression to be scruffy." he said with a chuckle and headed off to the bathroom.

AJ Offline
Lamar

Watching Ben head off to scrub up, Lamar smirked and clicked his fingers, subtly altering to become immaculate and perfectly groomed when he did so.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Paul.

“Now THATS convenient...”

AJ Offline
Lamar

Smiling with no small amount of good-natured mischief, the boy affirmed, "It has its perks."

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
OOC: I think we boys are ready to move on

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Art in the Blood 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,828
Posts140,451
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy