Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 28 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#997409 Sun 16/08/20 00:57 UTC
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus

It was early next morning, the sun was creeping over the horizon, and the light starting to filter through the window.

There was one boy there, who actually looked familiar to Ben. He was sure he had seen him around once or twice as guests of his parents. He was sitting, splayed out, a book on his lap which he was thumbing through.
[img]https://imgur.com/a/Q2B4xYT[/img]

[img]https://imgur.com/a/3ab1HyA[/img]

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Wed 19/08/20 00:37 UTC.
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He had had a restless night's sleep, unfamiliar bed and sounds. Getting up the next morning, he was scratching his head as he stumbled out into the common room, dressed in gym shorts and a t-shirt.

He paused at the sight of the other guy who actually looked vaguely familiar.

"Morning." he mumbled.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“Yeah mate. It is.”

He grunts slightly.

“Torrance Underwood. What you in for? Primary actor or sideshow victim?”

Underwood. Again, he felt like he should place the name but couldn’t.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He frowned slightly, looking around to see if there is a coffee maker or not.

"Detained until I turn 18. You seem familiar. I am Ben Monroe."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Torrance

“Monroe.”

“Ah yeah. I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.”

He pauses and offers a cockeyed grin. For some reason he gave the serious impression of a clown wearing a mask, like he was obliterating his real identity under something else.

“So, actually, you might remember fa. He work ... ed. For a bank. Well. At least until his other career came out and he decided a son was unsafe weight. You probably saw me there.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

Since his father didn't have a brother the connection was obviously false but he had to grin at the convoluted pretend connection.

"Ah! That uncle's newhew's cousin's former roommate! I though you looked familiar." he said, heading over to the little counter where the microwave and coffee maker and looked through the cabinet for the makings of coffee.

"Been here long?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Torrance:

“One week.’

He pauses again.

“who you think brokered stuff for your folks?”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He paused and glanced over his shoulder for a moment before going back to making coffee.

"I don't discuss my family business." he says. "First rule I ever learned."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Torrance:

“Eh. Eff them. Left me cold without a second thought. Owe them nothing. What have rules ever brought me? I’m discussing mine’s business because it’s over. Never did me any good anyhow.”

He points.

“Mini fridge over there. Has creamer and stuff if you want it.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Thanks." he said, going over to pull out some creamer to add a dollop to the coffee when it was brewed.

He took a sip and moved over to find a seat on one of the sofas.

"Cheap crap but it will have to do. So what are things like here? What do they do?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“Oh, there is good stuff. Shipment is late.”

So it is said.

“Oh, well, right now it’s been a bit loose. Things haven’t really started up yet, we’re kind of in a break. Classes supposed to start again after a few more arrivals.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Oh? How many students are here?" he asked. "I doubt they have a full school's worth unless some powered criminal has been popping out kids like popcorn."

Ben looked out the window to see what was outside as well as looking at if the window opened or not.

Last edited by KenSeg; Sun 16/08/20 11:47 UTC.
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“Well, scuttlebut is that we’ve got a bumper crop. We’ve got at least three or four more girls and another couple of guys. Lot more showing up than used to. Already here we’ve got me, Glitchy chick, Paul and norton you haven’t met. They like hitting the gym early. “

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Co-ed huh? Well, better than some of the boarding schools I have been to." he said, sipping the coffee and getting out his phone to see if he had service.

"Anyone I need to keep an eye out for?" he asked, glancing up at the other guy.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
At the moment, there is no reception as his phone seems to have run out of battery.

Yeah. There is freakydeak quick chick I’ve seen. H.... H... ‘Dash.”

He says, imitating a stutter.

“Seems harmless enough maybe ‘not all there’. Jittery, jumps at her own shadow. Norton Tasker. He’s the chainsaw you can hear snoring because he left his door cracked open. They say he heals, wouldn’t expect to find that here, but who knows? Bookish sort. Paul ‘blobby’ Maravich. A jock’s Jock. Way too enthusiastic for my tastes, ready to fight something. Don’t know the Newbs. Think I saw another boy brought here late last night. Didn’t get much of a glimpse of him.”

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Mon 17/08/20 13:35 UTC.
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Sounds like a real hodge podge." he said with a shake of his head.

"Phone isn't working. How do we make phone calls here?" he asked as he sipped the hot drink and rolled his shoulders to loosen up.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Torrance

“Right now, just wait. I think someone is supposed to be along in another hour or so and give us the spiel and get things set up. There are some limitations on calls, given you know... legal responsibility and all that. Been a weird couple days, apparently. A buncha apprehensions in a short time while many of the big boy hero’s are overseas.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Yeah, okay. I just want to make sure that the house staff gets some severance money since none of this is their fault. I need to talk to our lawyers to get that arranged." he said, drinking some more coffee.

"So is there a cafeteria around here or what do we do for meals? I assume there is a shower around here? Didn't get the tour last night."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“Oh yeah, there is breakfast. Today it’s probably buffet, as cook gets a day off now and then. Probably serving right after the intro speech. You got bagels and continental brekky stuff available in the kitchen are for now if you want.”

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He got up and headed back into the kitchen to dig out a bagel and pop it in the toaster oven.

"So I assume you got dragooned here because your parents got arrested as well?" he asked casually as he got out some butter from the mini-fridge.

AJ Offline
Lamar

Another descended to the common room. Very small, but he didn't carry himself like a child. Thin and wiry of body, an unruly mop of black hair up top, eyes of brown, green when they caught the light. He looked around, looked thoughtful, as if he were considering putting something to the test. Checking the walls, checking the ceiling, the entrances and exits. Finally, the people. A noncommittal half-wave by way of acknowledgement to any giving him a visual inspection.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

Whatever Torrence was going to respond with is interrupted by the arrival of the new kid.

Ben glanced at him, taking in the size and demeanor.

"Morning. I am Ben and that is Torrence. There is coffee ready and some juice and milk in the fridge. Bagels over there if you need something to hold you over until breakfast."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Torrence raises a hand.

“Hey new guy. Got somethin’ we can call you?”

AJ Offline
Lamar

To Torrence, a quick rejoinder,

“Oh, plenty. Lamar is the name I gave them, so that’ll do while I’m here.”

An appreciative nod to Ben, as he wandered over to the counter. He reached for the coffee, but small as he was it was a bit of a stretch, so after a moment of tongue-clicking annoyance, he wasn’t small, his entire appearance completely different for the few moments it took to pour himself a cup. The reverse back to normality was just as swift, he paused a moment to rub his temples before grabbing a bagel and lathering the most flavoursome topping he could find on it, as if he’d spent some time somewhere where bland was a byword for every meal.

“Hmm. Not completely neutralised, but they’re definitely paying attention. If you do what you do, best be careful, it seems. Thank you for the kind greeting, I was expecting far worse, be it in a school setting or a prison style. There many of us about?”

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Art in the Blood 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
eclaasse
eclaasse
North Carolina
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,825
Posts140,429
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy