Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gypsy), 29 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He continued to follow her. Ben had a phone call to make.

He wondered what his parents would think of his failure. They had advised himto leave them behind and go out on his own. Father would probably be disappointed at his emotional choice to attempt to rescue them and definitely be disgusted at his lack of success.

Last edited by KenSeg; Sat 15/08/20 13:21 UTC.
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
On the trip he made his phone call and ... the lawyers were actually rather unhelpful, in that they indeed seemed to think that everything was, at least legally, above board. They would keep looking for a loophole or something to exploit but so far, they could find nothing.

Eventually, after some time, a car trip, time for him to talk on the phone with his lawyers ... he found himself alone in an interview room, momentarily./

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Keep working on it. Hire a media consultant if necessary to put pressure on them. Get it done!"

He sat in the back of the car on the rest of the trip, examining the bracelet on his wrist and bidding his time to see just what these people had in mind.

Eventually he found himself sitting in an interview room at a table, hands folded together as he waited.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
A lady in a grey cloak walks in, sits, and then look s at him, imitating his post almost exactly.

"Well Ben. It looks like your have a bit of a Dilemma. I suspect you don't fully appreciate how much of one at this point./"

She says mildly.

"Still, I'm here at your service, so to speak. I'm here to tell you what is going on. What is what, what is to be. But questions. I am sure you have them."

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He sits up a bit more as a person enters who is obviously more in charge then the last two.

"I do indeed but could I have your name first so that I can address you properly?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
"Well. If you go by super hero standards, I'm Lady Grey. Actuality, I'm Mary. use each or either as you prefer. They tend to call me in for superpowered minors. I have a bit of a specialty in that field one could say.""

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Very well then Lady Grey, I do have some questions just to clarify my position please. This subsection 21b, what does it entail? Under what authority am I being detained and for what duration?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
"There are some things you don't know about your parents. The first is that they were tried, and convicted, before you were born. It only took some time to track them down and figure out who they were. Those crimes Ben. Those crimes were serious ones. Very serious ones. We are not, Ben, talking grand larceny. We are not talking Theft. We are talking premeditated murder."

She says evenly, then holds up her hand.

"I know that you won't want to believe that. However ...it is on the books. The crimes involved have a lifetime sentence."

She looks at him patiently, waiting for his questions.

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

He frowned slightly, one hand rubbing his chin.

"No, it doesn't totally surprise me that my father could be capable of killing someone to advance his goals. My father can be a rather ruthless person. I have more trouble believing that of my mother. Murder doesn't seem to be in her. I mean I could understand her killing someone in defense. Especially of her family."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
She nods, evidently tracking him seriously.

"I understand that. However, at the time she as much as admitted it. And there is also the matter of vdeo evidence, which is pretty tight."

She auses.

"However, we are not here to relitigate that case, I didn't prosecutor it, not did I participate in the sentencing. What I am going to is are you aware what happens when both parents are incarcerated to a lifetime sentence?"

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"No, obviously not. Please continue." he said, motioning for her to keep going.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Grey:

"It touches on matters of Custody. In this case, the revocation of theirs. You also have no close relatives and despite their thoroughness in other matters, it seems they have assigned no godparents. Your custody is being reassigned. You being what you are, a foster home frankly couldn't handle you. I think we are both aware of this.""

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"True, plus at 17 I wouldn't be there long enough to justify a placement. You could allow me to be declared an immancipated minor but I am sure that takes time. You can't place me in prison as I have not committed any serious crime. I suppose I could return to boarding school until I graduate or turn 18." he offered.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
"Unfortunately, for those like us, it does not work that way."

She says gently.

"When we arrive, I can make available to you all of the relevant books of law. However, for the moment, you are where you are. Do you, for now, accept this?"

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"I don't seem to have much choice in the matter at this moment. I assume that this bracelet is some kind of power dampener? While I am stronger and tougher from training in high G, I doubt that I would be a physical match for some of the Supers here. Where ever this is."

"So I am effectively your prisoner. At least until my lawyers find a way out or in nine months when I turn 18."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
"THat is not strictly the case, but then again, I will not try to explain that to you here. I will make the materials available to you to study yourself. In the meantime, I do hope you take advantage of the things that are being offered. They should not lightly be turned aside. Will you at least approach things with an open mind?"

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Do not expect me to be happy at being detained against my will, but I don't plan on causing trouble and giving you an excuse to use the law against me further." he said with a shrug.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Grey:

"Not asking for happiness, just a mind open to opportunities. Fair?"

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"My father, you remember the murderer, always told me to take advantage of any opportunities life presents you. So now what?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
"Now, I am going to take you to the campus. We can arrange to have belongings brought to you if applicable. Come up with a list. Most of it likely won't be a problem other than obvious things."

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"So my father's gravity death ray of ultimate destruction is out then?" he said with a faint grin, getting up to follow her.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
"Yup. I'm afraid death rays are only available to graduates. And implicit in the acquisition is good behavior. Once we are in the facility proper we should be able to remove the bracelet. There are safeguards against teleportation.""

Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Babylon 5 Rules
Administrator
Ben

"Well that sucks. I like teleporting. It is a very cool way to get around." he said with a sigh. "I guess anti-gravity will have to do."

Last edited by KenSeg; Sat 15/08/20 23:59 UTC.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Art in the Blood 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Gypsy
Gypsy
Pidley, Cambs, UK
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,823
Posts140,429
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy