Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 12 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Tenebra

She looks at the man blinks, blinks again. She looks at the hand. This can't be happening. This is some kind of a dream. She tried to determine if anything hurt.

The almost as if she were embarrassed she asked the words tumbling out. " Who are you? What happened?" She didn't even get to where am I? She was able to stop her mouth before that came out. She looked around.

Then she accepted his hand.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus

It hurt. All of it hurt. Every last bit hurt. She felt like someone had tumbled her in a drier. Then she remembers what happens bare flesh on bare flesh if she isn’t trying very hard not to, and that she is ungloved. Still, he grasps her hand firmly pulling her up, and she feels the rush as if she is draining, but she has the very odd sensation of something pulling back. The drain seems almost like pulling on taffy, like it won’t quite disconnect from him and move to her.

A very disconcerting feeling.

“Name’s Martin. You are in what is left of building C of the prison complex, which has exploded. You are also definitely super powered and from the face you seem to favor Nyx. Still. We have to figure up what we are going to do with you.”

He grunts and lets go once she is up.

“You had best put on these gloves.”

The gloves were almost more bags that tied at the wrist.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Tenebra

"What?" She looks at her hand almost forgetting about the pain for a moment. "What happened?" She meant when she touched him. But she didn't say that. She was too groggy from whatever it was this odd dream was. What could Nyx be trying to achieve with it? Tenie didn't even know that Nyx had powers over dreams.

"Oh, sorry" she instantly apologizes for grasping his hand. "I didn't mean to." Not that it would have been better if she had meant to. It had been instinctual. She hurt, she touched, she should have felt better. But somehow this man wasn't affected. Or rather he was, but he resisted it.

She accepted the bags. She slipped her hands inside. She hadn't ever thought about that. Had she ever touched someone without draining them? That was a thought she hadn't entertained. Mom wasn't hurt by her touch. Not that Nyx wanted to be touched. But...

She looked at the man again. "Why weren't you affected?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Martin:

“I’m a healer. Only thing I heal is myself, but very good at that. Body is greedy for its own energy.”

He puts a hand on her shoulder and gently guides her away from the wreckage, trying to not have her look at the other things which were there.

“This way. Let’s get you looked at. Then take you to see Grey.”

He has a very soothing voice, a very ‘dad’ voice, or at least what she might imagine one of those to be as she had never had one.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Tenebra

"Wait," she stops suddenly. "The children?" She didn't try and look. She really didn't want to know. She knew what Nyx was capable of. She had seen it first hand too many times.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Martin

“I think it’s best if you just come this way. There are people helping survivors already”

He says gently.

‘Right now, we need to take care of you.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Tenebra

She knew those words. She didn't know the tone, she hadn't ever heard her mom use that kind of a tone. But she knew manipulation when she heard it. The reql question was what was behind that control. Was it really for her? To avoid seeing death and decay? Her mother WAS DEATH and DECAY!

Her feet didn't move. It was an involuntary reaction. She hated when her mom tried to make her do things without any kind of an explanation. It was never for her own good.

"I don't want to sound insensitive." Hell she did. Did she not want to? She didn't know what she wanted. Yet the placative words came out as a reflex. " But what is best for me? I am not afraid of seeing death and decay. That is part of my life. You know that you felt it. What really is going on?"

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Martin:

“Do you have a name, perhaps?”

He pauses.

“I have lived a long time, and one of the lessons I have learned in my time is that there are sometimes things about which you can do nothing. That are only pain. This is one of those things about which, right now, you can do nothing. That which is lost cannot be returned.”

He looks over and meets her eyes and continued in that same soft tone.

“I think we both know that. If you wish, you can look. But I would rather you didn’t, for your own sake.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She nodded and swallowed, hard. That was the nicest and most truthful anyone had been with her ever. She turned in the direction he was trying to lead her and said "I have the name my mother gave me and the name I chose. I would prefer if you called me Anne. That is my choice." The way she said choice with additional emphasis it was almost as if she had stepped hard on it. She was rubbing that in her mother's face, even though mom was no where to be seen. At least at the moment.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Martin

Here he allows the corner of his mouth to turn up.

“I think Grey is going to like you. She is a very strong believer in the power of choice.”

He opens the door to a car.

“We are going to take you to where you can get treated. Then you can talk to Grey. You should know that you are being taken into custody. You aren’t, however, going into prison. I think we have alternate arrangements for you. Do you understand? Grey will explain things more thoroughly.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

"I can heal myself," she said very softly. So softly that she almost didn't hear the whisper. She could. She just needed a source of life for that healing to take place. She was immediately ashamed by the admission. She didn't want to hurt anyone. She just knew she didn't have to wait to feel better. Maybe she did. Maybe it was better that she suffered for what she was. She needed to pay for that thought, for what she was, for what she could do. Maybe prison was better for her. But she couldn't say that outloud.

She kept moving the direction he was taking her. Someone else making decisions that wasn't her mother was good right now. There was too much going on all at once.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
He pauses.

“This once, take my hand. I will allow it.”

“Then I take you to talk to Grey.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She took a step back. "I can't. I don't want to hurt you. I didn't mean to say that." Anyone looking at her knew that the body language said something different than her words. She wanted to not hurt. She wanted it all to go away. She knew she could. but it wasn't right. Nyx told her it was, which instinctively she knew meant it was wrong.

Last edited by Pandemonium; Sat 15/08/20 01:28 UTC.
Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
He nods slightly.

“A powered medic checked you. You are bruised. You have no internal injuries. And I have just verified that you indeed belong with us. But to Grey. Please.”

He motions to the open door.

“Have a seat.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She takes a seat where he pointed. The longing look was only offset by how tightly she held her bagged hands up against her body. It looked like she was hugging herself, which in so many ways wasn't very far off.

The involuntary gasp escaped her clenched teeth as she sat down and her body settled on to the seat.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
“Once we get back there should be a medic available.”

The drive over is quiet unless she speaks up. She is led into a building, where a young lady with looks her over, places her hands a few inches over her, and carefully heals the worst of her bruises.

She is then led into a room with a table, and a glass of water. Momentarily a lady in a grey cloak sits down across from her.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She rides in silence. She is still so overwhelmed by what had happened. She doesn't even know what happened. She can surmise that Nyx and Alchemy were tried to break someone or several someones out of The Hole. Maybe Nyx was fueling Alchemy's powers by killing the children. That was a thought she hadn't considered before. Could she give as well as take life? She didn't have the healing that man claimed to have. That would be handy if she could go the other direction. But she didn't even know, she had never tried. Nyx hadn't even suggested it.

She watched the lady sit down across from her and waited. Her eyes were open and she didn't feel as ashamed as she had earlier. She felt better. The healing was wonderful. Not hurting as much was really all she could ask for, all she wanted to ask for. She waited to see what they wanted to know. The man had said she wasn't going to prison which by all rights she might need to go. She hadn't done anything wrong, well at least not recently. But she had the capability to do so. That was why they built that prison after all.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
After a moment more, she spoke.

“So, Anne was it? What do you think just happened?”

She steeples her hands in front of her.

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

She considered. Should she play like she didn't know? She had never been very good at lying. At least not to Nyx. The woman seemed to know exactly what she was thinking before Tenie knew herself.

"I can only guess. My thought is Nyx and Alchemy were trying to break someone or several someones out of The Hole. I think I saw Nyx draining children to death. I don't know, but my thought was that she might be feeding the energy to Alchemy. I didn't know she could do that. But it makes sense given what I saw."

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
She pauses and looks at her.

“People are always concerned. I’ll tell you straight away, that I am not actually delving into your mind. Without permission, I will never do that.”

She pauses another moment.

“And why were you there in the first place?”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

There was the question. That was the one that she could avoid. If she answered it with a lie and got away with it, it might go better for her. She was still one of those who could do bad things, but she wouldn't be implicated. Wasn't that the word they used in all those crime shows? Really though what did she have to be implicated in? She tried to save the children. She knew something bad was going to happen and she acted. Didn't she?

A defiant look crept into her eyes. "I was there because I thought Nyx was up to no good. She told me the world would change tonight. I thought that could only mean one thing, a bad thing." She couldn't do it anymore. Defiance went out of her as she exhaled. She looked down to the table. She had used up her reserves. Nyx had beaten them out of her through her mind games.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
She pauses, and pulls down the hood.

“Call me Mary.”

“I know you are not Nyx. Whatever reasons you may have had for coming to begin with, the test of who you are or can become is at the shatter point. You choose. You act.”

She pauses.

“Martin told me how you reacted to the children. A shatterpoint. A choice. It is my suspicion that you made a correct one.”

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

"My mother called me Tenebra. You know her as Nyx. When the man who helped me out of the rubble offered me his hand, I accidently tried to drain him. I wasn't thinking. Thankfully he is resistant to my power. I didn't hurt him. My mother," she began sobbing. It wasn't intentional, it wasn't even something she wanted to do. In fact she tried to stop it. Which only made things worse.

Through the torrent of tears she said "I told him my name is Anne. Because that is what I choose. I choose to not be my mother's daughter. He mentioned that you might like that choice. I can only assume you are the person he mentioned." It was a small smirk and really odd through the running riverulets of tears. But it was there nonetheless.

She suddenly stopped crying. She hadn't smiled for a long time. Nyx had stepped up her training and manipulation. It was a true shock to realize that was her reality.

Arssanguinus
OP Offline
Arssanguinus
Grey:

“Choice, my dear, choice is the greatest power of all, larger than anything offered by Nyx. In the end, you are a collection of choices. Hebrew has a word - ‘timshel’. Means, basically ‘Thou mayest’— it gives a choice. I consider that the most important word in the world. It says that ‘the way is open’. That throws it right back onto you.”

She points.

“Because if ‘Thou mayest’ - then it is also inevitably true that ‘Thou mayest not.”

“Are you willing to start looking at choices in front of you and seeing where that road leads?”

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Sat 15/08/20 09:27 UTC.
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Anne

"Choices?" She wasn't sure that she had heard correctly. Anne craved acceptance and love. That was evident by her words and deeds. But she thought that she was going to be tossed in the Hole. She hadn't done anything but try to save people. Guilty by association she was sure.

She couldn't find her voice. She nodded instead. She wanted to hear more. She wasn't crying now. But there were plenty of streaks on her face through the dirt.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Art in the Blood 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Vryx
Vryx
Pittsburgh
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,815
Posts139,452
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy