Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
1 members (Miales), 14 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

Well that put a lid on their discussions. Yartar it is.

"So when do we go?"

She has a small errand to run if she has time and to pack, though that won't take long. She sees that Kriv has looked at Bern too. Maybe he has suspicions too.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

"I think that is a good idea for all of us. Let us get this town back in business," Darathra said.

"Arus, we have a lot of work to do still at the Lion's Share. We still need your help there," Narth said, reminding the triton that he had some obligations. "We should be done long before dinner time."

"I need to get back to the inn. Lunch should be ending soon," Urgala added.

"And I have much work to do to get that caravan yard cleaned up. There are several caravans coming in and the ones that came in yesterday need to clear out. With the harvests in full swing, this was the worst time for a disruption!" Darz complained.

"Aye, I could do with a brew myself," Ghelryn said directly to Bern. Then, pausing momentarily as Darathra looked at him and then he added, "First I best check on Uldinath's Arms. I will make sure that, Harriet, my rival, fares well first." He placed emphasis on the word 'rival'. "Let us meet at the Triboar Arms shortly.

And so people started to gather items as the meeting was breaking up.

OOC: A lot was shared here, but a lot has yet to be shared. Now would be a time for any 'private' conversations to occur. Unless you are all tied at the hip, there will be opportunities to gather information, make contact with others and continue to gather information privately. Depending on who you are, who you talk to, etc, you may or may not gain advantage on "Information Gathering" which might be faction related. Let's be clear, not all the information is within this group. Several other opportunities exist. Some that come to mind are any of the other combatants (Othovir and Urlam were not at this meeting). And there are others you might find. If you want to do things quietly, PM me.

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

As the list of 'tasks' grew, he thought about where he could be of the most use.

"Maybe after most of the important work is done", he said to Ghelryn. "And I will buy the first round", he said with a wink and a smile.

He turned to Darz. "I would be happy to help you with the clean up. Sounds like you have the most immediate need."

[[ hoping to gather some 'news' from Darz and the other caravan folk <g> ]]

MikeD
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: MikeD, please give me a Persuasion roll. That would be 1d20-1 (yeah, Bern isn't charismatic). This will help determine if Darz believes you are you or if he thinks you're the doppleganger. Remember, he was your accuser.

-Nep
M
M
[[ clearly I am doomed <sigh> MikeD rolled d20-1 and got 4 ]]

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

As the group breaks up, she decides her time might be best spent chatting with some of the townsfolk and getting any other information that might be here. Glancing around the room she notes those who she recalled participating in the fighting, but who are not present.

(OOC - Zhu will move about the town looking for Othovir, who she recalls from the fight.)

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC:
MikeD: I wouldn't say "doomed". That's not a save-or-die roll, but we're doing much more than hack-n-slash. And a fail may not mean what you think it means.

Zeim: You'll find Othovir at his shop, "0thovir'S Harness Shop" at T11.

All: If I deem it important, I might take players into PM's. Meanwhile, I'll post some reactions as they come up...

Darz
The older man looks at doppelgänger. He was convinced that the one that called himself Bern, was indeed a shape-shifter. The reaction of his supposed friend, the dragonborn, helped cement the opinion. Darz sensed that something was wrong when the bowman had a nasty response to Lord Protector. Now the doppelgänger wanted to help. Darz was convinced that the offer was not genuine. It sent a chill down Darz's back and it took him a few moments to formulate a respond. In those moments, Darz tried to think of ways to avoid the meeting. He was convinced that if he took the doppelgänger up on it's offer, he would not live to see tomorrow. The doppelgänger would probably think that he had more information that was not yet shared and is make sure that none of that got out.

"It is not too much work, just a clean up. If I gotta tell someone where to put this or that I will never get the work done. Thank you for your kind offer."

-Nep
M
M
[[ <heh heh heh> naw, just feeling like ... as usual ... the 'DL roller' hates me <sigh> ]]

MikeD
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He wonders what was here long ago before it became a town. Not that it necessarily would tell them anything but it was an idle question. He thought about who he might talk with and or help while they finished up whatever they needed to, so they could head to Yartar. He always traveled light and was ready to move.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: Yeah, but the dice roller was an accurate reflection of Bern's attitude. I almost made you roll with disadvantage.

You might not get anything out of him, but others might smile There are some other avenues for Bern to explore. That tavern'll be good place for him.

-Nep
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

Bern's current attitude is a little unsettling, but it is not enough to make him think that he is not the real Bern.
As for the travel plans, it is a simple decision to go to Yartar as it is along the same route to Shadowtop Cathedral.

Bringing up a previous point to spread the word of what has happened here, he will offer to the Lord Protector, "If you do not have ravens, I could summon some to spread the word if you can provide directions?"

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
Jaliera

She doesn't interfere with Davroar's conversation, waiting for his to finish and then has a quiet word in his ear.

"Got an errand to run. See you at lunch OK? And if you get the chance to sniff Bern..?"

Then she smiles and heads out.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus

"As thou wisheth." He says quietly.

In his own mind, he has fulfilled his contract with the Lionshield and then some. But that Narth still has employ for him is advantageous. For Arus, yes, though he trusts the Lionshield will not find his service wanting either.

"Let's meet in the common room at Northshield House around three." The triton suggests to the others.

At that he is ready to accompany Narth and pick up his next assignment of work.

AJ Offline
Kriv

With the dagger having been identified and a lead given on their quarry, their personal business with the coster was resolved. However... Darathra's gasp of shock at his revealed rumour, pertaining as it did to the Lord's Alliance in totality, made it worthwhile to see if she bore the ring herself, or recognised it in association. Checking notes with the rest of the group would also be a later priority.

Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
DM

As the meeting broke up, Darathra moved over to speak with Sindar, but two others lingered. One, the druid, offered up options to help spread word across the realms. The other, the fierce dragonborn, Kriv, had something more to say to her too, so she paused her words with Sindar, queued up Kriv before him, but politely responded to Davroar. "I do not have trained ravens, but all ideas a worthy. If you have a way for a raven to reach specific places and people, please enlighten me. I am not a wizard and do not understand these things. You made lighting strike from the sky, so I do not doubt you have some power over nature."

Meanwhile, Bern, who's offer of assistance was rudely rejected by Darz, is approached by Ghelryn Foehammer. "If'n yer wann a help out, come with me. The shop owners on the street the giants and their flaming friends came down are gonna need some help." It did not escape the ranger that the dwarf's shop was one of them. He probably really did need help and was less inclined to be worried about some shape-shifter.

Zhu and Jaliera were actually the first to leave, each having a place to go in their minds. They made their way down the steps to reach the town square. They were followed shortly by Narth and Arus.

Darz waited to depart too, but his lingering seemed to be tied to Bern, as he kept his eyes affixed on the ranger. That look was one that Bern recognized as the look of fear that predator looked for in prey. Darz seemed intent on not letting Bern get behind him. He was going to wait for Bern to leave before making his way out.

Urgala saw that interplay but ignored it, instead moved nearer to Kriv she had been impressed with his drive and courage. The innkeeper expressed her thanks softly to him, so as to not interrupt the Lord Protector's conversation. "It has been a long time since I have had the opportunity to face a giant," she said.

Those who made it down to the street, saw that the townsfolk had been hard at work trying to get the town back in order. Many of the fires have been put out. The group headed in different directions. Zhu was headed north on the Long Road. Jaliera walked across the town square in the direction of the western campground where the caravan from Phandelin had set up camp. Arus and Narth turned left out of the tower and made their way towards the Lion's Share.

Zhu walked along the path of destruction and had to pass the northern campground. That is where much of the battle took place. The bodies of the dead orcs, orogs and magmin had been stacked in a mound there and the townsfolk were getting ready to light it on fire. When Zhu saw what they were doing, she knew that it would not burn the magmin who were impervious to flame even in death. Othovir's shop was just up the street. He was the harness maker and his establishment was the second building on the right.

Narth led Arus back to the Lion's Share. When they got their, his business partner, Alaestra Ulgar, was being overwhelmed by the business and there was trying her best to handle her impatient customers. "It is about time you returned! How did you enjoy tea with the Lord Protector?" She was clearly frazzled.

"Arus and I did not have tea," Narth responded with a sigh. "We came as soon as we could."

"So what came of the meeting? Did ...." she started to ask before one of merchants she was tending to interrupted.

"When are we getting our wagons reloaded? I don't have all bloody day!" the pudgy man called out. It was a signal to the others on line to join in the chorus of complaints that Alaestra and Narth tried to answer. The tension was building.

-Nep
M
M
<Bern>

His frustration a bit more under control ... he really wanted to kick Darz where it would hurt. But he paused in his 'pursuit of the exit', with plans to visit the pub when the dwarf approached on his way to the door. He considered the request and decided that a bit of 'work' would help him and the town ... which would probably help them all. "Sure", he said. "Happy to help out. I need something to take my mind off all the ... politics", he said with a wicked grin. "Lets see what we can do to get you and your friends 'fixed up'", he said then turned again for the door.

MikeD
(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
Zhu

"They won't burn", she calls out to those who are gathering the bodies, pointing to the Magmin. "I'd suggest either burying them or leaving them outside of town for predators."

Continuing on she arrives at the Harness maker's shop and pauses outside to look at the building.You can tell a lot about a person by the condition in which they maintain their business. After a moment, she steps up to the door and then inside.

Wizop
Administrator
Wizop
Administrator
[OOC There is a convenient large hole..? grin ]

(Buffalo)
(Buffalo)
lol

Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Sindar

He was patient and content to wait till the Lord Protector finished her business. Besides watching people and their interplay was half the fun in life, at least in his mind.

nem Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
Arus
(at the Lion's Share)

The anger he sees at the Lion's Share seems to him a reaction to the attack, a reaction to fear.

The triton keeps a cool head though, stepping forward to placate the man.

"Prithy excuse us, my good man, we've spent much of the day moonlighting as your town's militia." He says with an amicable smile.

"Perhaps you men could moonlight as wagon-loaders in return? Your help would be of value to us all."

Last edited by nemarsde; Fri 17/07/20 07:20 UTC.
Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

"I can summon several ravens to fly within an hours time from here. Distinct buildings would be best. Describing a person would be harder target for a raven to find, Lord Protector."

Noticing that Kriv also wishes to speak with Daratha, he quickly adds, "Don't want to trouble you with all the details, if you have an assistant, I can work with him or her?"

AJ Offline
Kriv

He held up a hand, palm open, to acknowledge Davroar and indicate that he wasn't going to force through a claim on priority.

That the hand in question would give the Lord Protector a good sight of his ring was almost beside the point.

Almost.

Administrator
Administrator
Davroar

He gives a polite smile to Kriv for letting him speak first and to conclude his conversation with the Lord Protector as he waits for her answer to his question.

Last edited by Dugan; Thu 23/07/20 06:26 UTC.
Neptune Offline OP
OP Offline
OOC: In order to get some movement, at least from you, I will post chunks of responses as you are splitting up. So, if I didn't get to you yet, I will soon...
DM (for Bern & Zhu)

Gherlyn Foehammer and Bern headed down the tower stairs into the street. Darz waited at the top of the steps until he saw that they had left the tower before heading down.

"You are not a shape shifter," the dwarf said in a tone that made it seem that he believe it was a fact. "I never met one, but I was here long before most of the humans here were born. I never met Gondyl but I came here not long after she was chased out of town. "

They were a pace or two behind Zhu who was headed in the same general direction.

As they approached the nothern campground the group saw the locals trying to burn the dead orcs, orogs and magmin. Zhu paused at the entrance to the campgrounds to offer advice. She was gratified to see that they heeded her advice and started to throw the carcassas of those monsters into the hole created by the giants dig to bury the magmin in. Zhu continued past the campground. Gherlyn led Bern in that direct too. Darz, following all of them turned into the campground to get started with his cleanup effort.

A few minutes later, Zhu comes upon Othovir's Harness shop. The back wall had been kicked in and part of the structure was severely burned. Merchandise, fine leather harnesses, and tools were strewn all about and Othovir was trying to salvage what he could. Zhu's first observation, even though the place was a mess, was that the merchandise was of the highest quality. The harnesses had intricate patterns and designs pressed into the leather. Othovir sees Zhu approaching as well as Gheryn and Bern close behind. "This was not a good day! Oh what a mess."

Gheryn closes the gap and calls out, "Need a hand?"

-Nep
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  AquaDyne, Neptune, Zeim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, TennesseeBaron
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Phoenix Prime
Member Spotlight
Tusk
Tusk
Warboys, Huntingdon
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,818
Posts140,204
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy