Eye of the Dragon
DreamLyrics Play-by-Post
Who's Online Now
2 members (Angrboða, Miales), 8 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Dice Roller
You will need to enable Javascript in order to view the Dice Roller.
Games Recruiting List

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
nem #991894 Sun 24/05/20 21:04 UTC
Jelly Bean

Jelly Bean smiled at the boys and shook her head at their overt antics and that made her lekku waggle a little. Maybe it was on purpose. Sometimes the best (and most appropriate) tease was also the most subtle. She asked them for two scraps of metal, one must be proper for potable water and must not rust. While they were away, she cut out the damaged metal so she would have clean surfaces and lines.

"I will get you fixed right up and back on duty soon Walt."

Looking around the droid she watched and listened as best she could to the conversation. They had every right to be fearful. Swoop gangs seemed a universal thing on every world with enough criminal enterprise to attract a gang mentality. Tenga the Hutt had his own gangs on Nar Shadaa. These people weren't warriors. They were already risking everything as it was to help before the Struss showed up. But time is not an ally right now and the mission required tha theyA thought occurred to her, but she needed to get Walt done. Maybe this gesture of goodwill can afford them a small 'ask' and still get the scavengers safely on their way.

She needed to finish Walt first. Winta and Amos were the big bosses.

Where are those boys?

nem #991918 Mon 25/05/20 13:13 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Sirra

She stands casually, with her arms crossed.

“Tubby isn’t ‘our droid’. He is his own droid and is traveling with us. No one gets to ‘have him’.”

“I have just a few questions, if you could indulge me. You know where the rest of this refuse ...”

Here she motions to the corpses.

“Stays. How many are there? How long might it be before they notice the garbage collectors have taken out the trash?”

Last edited by Art in the Blood; Mon 25/05/20 13:16 UTC.
nem #991934 Mon 25/05/20 19:19 UTC
nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
GM

Winta employs the Niman principles. In a game of Dejerik, one normally reacts to their opponent's move but the Niman disciple assesses all available moves first, irrespective of their opponent, to find more effective moves perhaps obscured by the opponent's play.

The Varactyls are the crux of the problem.

They could transport one animal at a time in the cargo container, shipping them out to the Imperial Star Destroyer. Factoring in the time taken to load them, they'd probably break even on the time saving, and burn more fuel on the Sunstrider.

They could save time by calling in the Sunstrider after the job's done, flying out a scavenger to pick up the Varactyls, but even then, the time saved isn't likely to be decisive.

And ultimately, the problem remains the same, convincing the scavengers to loan you their highly valuable Varactyls when they need them to move their camp. They will probably need the Treadables too, just for moving their salvaged wares.

The Sunstrider could definitely speed up relocation for the scavengers, if they even know where they're headed. And there's the lingering worry that the Strus Clan knew about the Sunstrider's arrival, suggesting someone is monitoring traffic, probably Unkar Plutt's mob.

Vontoba is already rallying the family heads and telling them to pack up. The tribe reluctantly agrees with this call. There's evidently much more to salvage on the Starlight Wanderer, its wreck only recently uncovered by the wind, but no-one wants to expose their families to reprisals from the Strus Clan.

You are a Resistance team. You've paid well to hire the Varactyls but you will be gone from Jakku by the end of the day. These scavengers live here.

Vontoba waves off questions from Preach and Sirra.

"I'm sorry but I don't have time for your problems. We have plenty of our own." She says.

At about the same time, Fira Bon and Tiras reappear. They've retrieved long range weapons from the Quadjumper, Fira Bon carrying a DLT-20A Longblaster, Tiras a classic Homesteader slugthrower.

"Strus Clan," Fira Bon literally spits in the dust, "gotta hate 'em."

Tiras answers Sirra's question, "They usually hang out on the other side of Carbon Ridge where sensors can't detect them. Like to stay mobile, hey. Don't we all. You won't find them, even from the air. Might find you though."

"More could be here anytime soon, gramps." Mhar-li answers Preach. Taking a swig from a canteen, she points at the trashed bikes, "Swoops like theirs will do three-hundred kloms an hour across flats. They just have to point and squirt."

"So running might not be the tribe's best play. Could just get caught out in the open." Fira Bon says, patting the Longblaster.

The veteran looks to Winta and the faces of the rest of the team.

"Look, I told Bek me and my crew won't let you down. We'll stay here with the Sunstrider and guard the camp. We got long-ranged firepower. Mhar-li can handle a pistola, good as any. Bormo has that staff of his.

"You just gotta convince the tribe to stay."

Mhar-li looks skeptical, "Headwoman already said no."

"Vontoba ain't some gang boss. Sure, she does what she thinks is right for her people, but only reason she's in that position is because she does what her people think is right."

Bormo catches on fast, nodding, enthused. He turns to you, the Resistance.

"There's also Torani, the Arconan you saw before." Bormo explains, "That's his Treadable. He's the tribe's dealer. He is suspicious of strangers but he has an instinct for survival that the tribe rely on. If you can convince Torani that they should stay put, the tribe will listen."

Fira Bon considers this, summarising:

"We can fortify the wreck, turn this camp into a fortress. Then when Strus Clan do come, we kick their teeth in.

"Meantime, if the tribe honour the deal, lend you the Varactyls, mayhaps you'll lend them a hand at a later date. An IOU if you catch my drift."

Fira Bon looks to Bormo, who nods his approval of the idea, though adds:

"If time is of the essence, my friends, then you should 'divide and conquer'. Speak to Vontoba and Torani separately. If you speak to them together, they won't want to overrule one another and might call a tribal council meeting."

Fira Bon claps the scout on the shoulder, "Alright, me and Tiras will keep lookout. Guess we don't have much time. Two of your team should take Vontoba, two take Torani, the rest of you mingle with the tribe. Hearts and minds stuff."

Jix asked if anyone was injured. No-one is. But this might be her opportunity to check the health of the tribe's younglings, as an example. It won't take long for Jelly Bean to fix Walt, then she could talk the talk with some of the techies. She might even learn something about the Starlight Wanderer. 2BB-2 might be helpful as a talking point.

Although Sirra likes to keep a low profile, she and Amos might have just the right attitude to convince the Arconan.

Winta and Preach have already showed themselves as spokespersons, so it would be appropriate for them to take a second run at Vontoba.

nem #991952 Tue 26/05/20 01:58 UTC
Chaotic Obfuscator
Chaotic Obfuscator
Preach

He will do was Winta directs. She is the team leader and is willing to help any way he is able.

nem #991957 Tue 26/05/20 04:44 UTC
Online Content
Winta

She nodded to Fira Bon and Bormo, "Worth a try."
"And thank you."

"Vontoba has chased you away once," she told Preach. "See if you and Amos can persuade Torani, the Arconan, that staying put would be the best policy: that they would lose a lot by leaving and make themselves vulnerable to ambush. I'll try to persuade Vontoba of the same thing. That at least here, the Sunstrider's crew would be here to assist them. If necessary, they can deflect blame onto us."

She gave Amos a smile. "Use that charm of yours on Torani, Amos."

She looked to Jelly Bean. "You're with me. Let's see if we can charm Vontoba.

"The rest of you," she said looking round the others. "Let's see if we can win some hearts and minds - maybe by just being nice or maybe by fixing things / people, whatever ... "

"Ok." She concluded, taking them all in as she scanned around, .

"Vontoba. Wait," she called.
When she had caught up, she tried to charm and persuade the woman, that there were better options for her.
"If you leave you will be making yourself into targets. You will be in the open and you will be making yourselves look guilty."

"If you stay here, you know the ground, you can leave things where they are. If more Strus arrive, you can tell them the truth - that it was my group that killed them." she indicated the Strus bodies.

"With a small lie, you could say that we already had your Varactyls, so you were in no position to take up against us."

"I appreciate that we have brought trouble upon you. We can ow you a favour in return, if that would help"

nem #991982 Tue 26/05/20 11:10 UTC
Arssanguinus
Arssanguinus
Sirra

“I’ll give it a go, boss. Although ‘fixing’ things hasn’t been my speciality.”

nem #991988 Tue 26/05/20 12:50 UTC
nem Offline OP
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
OP Offline
Wobbly Headed
Administrator
[Sirra go to CFH3a: Lookout Post
Amos and Preach go to CFH3b: Garage
2BB-2 go to CFH3c: Turret
Jix go to CFH3d: Living Quarters
J.Bean and Winta go to CFH3e: Main Reactor]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nem 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Talon475, Randal Trimmer, Kimf, Yvon, Xiang Chin
177 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Member Spotlight
Neptune
Neptune
New City,NY,USA
Forum Statistics
Forums103
Topics2,816
Posts139,467
Members177
Most Online296
Jan 19th, 2020
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
†Restricted forums can only be accessed by DreamLyrics members of the age of 18 years or older. Access which is granted by the Behind Closed Doors Procedure.
™DreamLyrics Play-by-Post. DreamLyrics Play-by-Post does not own copyright on DreamLyrics texts or graphics, except trademarked DreamLyrics logos and logotypes. The works contained in DreamLyrics are copyrighted (automatically, under the Berne Convention) by the original authors and may be available under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. (See Copyrights for details.)
Privacy Policy